snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 1:56:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the sun gradually sets over mt pyre, it paints a pretty scene.

oranges, yellows, and pinks splatter across the sky and for a moment, it's distracting. she wants to watch the clouds lazily roll overhead. she'd like to lay down in the grass and just exist for a day.

but that's not possible, not anymore.

she frowns, attention snapping back into place. a discolored automaton stands in front of her, clay hands balled into fists. it coos out a soft note of questioning.

it must know her head isn't right. not now, not anymore.

"i'm fine," she mumbles stubbornly. as if to prove her point, she readjusts her stance and raises little fists.

sparring against a clay titan is not exactly the best training but... she'll take anything at this point. her body says otherwise, as purple bruises are already beginning to bloom across her skin. she ignores the pain, grits her teeth, and stares at her faithful golurk with her chin raised a little higher.

"again."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 9:21:52 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

it doesn't take long for their privacy to be disturbed by what she may recognize as a familiar voice. no, she definitely would. she'd spent days listening to him, after all.[break][break]

"as much as i admire your grit, i believe you'd fare better against another person."[break][break]

stepping into the scene, theo approaches with a lurantis trailing behind.[break][break]

"shall we train?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lurantis color-shiny"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 22:41:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]that voice...

her entire body stills, going rigid as if turned to stone. and perhaps, in some way, she is.

"i believe you don't know your head from your ass."

her golurk rumbles low, staring down theo as he approaches. the clay titan remembers what has transpired between the two humans all too well.

and despite the sneer she wears as armor, there's a curiosity in the air that just won't die.

"train? with you?" the faint after what you've done to me? hangs in the air, unspoken but somehow alive.

is he insane?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 9:24:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the golurk's presence no matter how it may attempt to loom and intimidate is no more than that: a presence. whether it exists or otherwise matters little to him.[break][break]

"yes."[break][break]

who else? theo spares a quick glance around them to make sure they're alone.[break][break]

"what better way to get familiar with the enemy?"

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 2:45:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"and who's the enemy?"

she stares at him, face struggling to maintain neutrality.

"haven't you familiarized yourself enough?"

two weeks.

she remembers a cage, metal bars, a broken wrist, and echoes of his voice.

what else could he possibly learn from this?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 8:41:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh, i didn't mean for my sake."[break][break]

theo has more than enough familiarity with league personnel of all shapes, sizes, and ranks.[break][break]

"this is for you. can't have yourself getting captured again, can we?"[break][break]

after a click of his tongue, lurantis leaps forward to throw the first LEAF BLADE against her golurk.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 2:09:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a scowl finally begins to break through.

"why would that matter to you?"

she doesn't quite understand. something isn't clicking, as if a piece has been changed without her knowing. it's irritating.

"i find it hard to believe you care about my wellbeing considering you captured me the first time."

the golurk tries to step out of the way of the leaf blade. the size of the automaton makes movement slow. it's enough for the attack to clip its arm and it rumbles out an annoyed sound. she doesn't order an attack, however. instead, she observes as her golurk takes the initiative to launch itself up before plummeting back toward his lurantis with heavy slam.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 9:56:59 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

much to her surprise, her competencies at least in the realm of battling and fighting matter to him. only he knows for what reasons exactly.[break][break]

"on the contrary, i care a considerable amount for your wellbeing. after all, it was me who stopped them from executing you."[break][break]

size plays a factor in this battle. lurantis is swift and agile, able to avoid the HEAVY SLAM with relative ease. tendrils and vines shoot out from it before sticking into the ground, now INGRAINED.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 2:54:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"for what reason could you possibly car--"

she stops.

the words repeat. and as one sticks out, it's almost as if a light shudders on in an empty home.

a breeze picks up and billows through her hair. with it, something shifts.

"it was you?"

a concept she doesn't quite understand. he stopped them. he... saved her life?

her golurk slams into the earth and comes out empty handed. speed and size really do matter, huh? the golurk swaps tactics and slips to shadows, phantom force allowing it to emerge from behind the lurantis. it swings a large clay arm at the bug type once half of its body rises from the creeping dark.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 11:28:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yes, it was."[break][break]

lurantis doesn't turn in time to see the golurk emerging from the shadow. its arm slams into it and would've sent it soaring if not for the INGRAIN.[break][break]

the roots snap, shifting its momentum as it propels the lurantis back for another LEAF BLADE.[break][break]

"and i was glad to hear of your escape."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 3:35:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's confusing, this new information.

she's not sure how it makes her feel... there's still a hatred and yet, it feels lessened now.

"why?"

perhaps knowing the reasoning will, in some way, help the conflict inside.

her golurk lets out a growl as another leaf blade threatens to strike it. the automaton is quick to slip back into shadows, another phantom force beginning. it resurfaces behind the lurantis and swings yet again.

"you were?"

it doesn't make sense. and yet, she feels disarmed a bit further.

"did you allow my escape?"

did face any difficulty in getting to her?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 1:11:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i did. it was almost like i set you free myself, if you think about it."[break][break]

words weave together into a carefully spun lie as the web continues to grow, soon to entrap her within his grasp.[break][break]

the lurantis is quicker this time. when the golurk reappears, lurantis is there to greet it with an X-SCISSOR.[break][break]

"i believe you're an asset to the region, professor, and i saw little use in holding you captive."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 1:17:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she stills at the concept, quiet and contemplative.

if he allowed her to escape... does that mean he knew was coming?

it's confusing, as if pieces want to fit into place yet they aren't as smooth together. not quite cohesive enough to look pretty but somehow, they still make sense.

"you... think i'm an asset? i'm not one of your scientists, though."

doesn't he have his own? ones that are better, less restricted?

her golurk grumbles in irritation as x-scissor hits its swinging arm. and without waiting, it brings the clay limb back with a quick dynamic punch.

"why capture me at all, then?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 2:37:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"protocol, mostly. how would it look if i were to have let the league's head professor go when she'd just trespassed onto our territory and taken our samples?"[break][break]

golurk's DYNAMIC PUNCH slams into the ground, scattering dirt and dust into a cloud that surrounds the duo. silence follows, indicative of the INGRAIN, perhaps.[break][break]

"now, should we train?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXECUTE
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 1:49:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she... understands the logic.

it's similar to the way her own thinking aligns. and perhaps, it leaves her with a particular impression: her capture wasn't quite her own failure but simply a farce.

she'll mull this over later until shadows have the same limbs as him.

"i see."

the rumble of her golurk's fist hitting the ground echoes. leaves, twigs, and dust scatter into a cloud. and once it settles, her eyes narrow slightly in concentration.

"i would prefer to do combat training."

hand to hand, fist to fist...