she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:54:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"alexei, do you mean to tell me that you are basing your 'alternate solution' on a mega stone that 'feels very different' from the rest? in other words, you're telling me to trust a fallible gut instinct felt under the effects of a possible concussion over our scientists' meticulous and self-sacrificing work?"[break][break]

dahlia's eyes widen like a lunala's spread wingspan. as big as a 9943 meteno. [break][break]

"let me enlighten you to what we've told the public." the commissioner says. "we have the possession of primal crystals that allow for the reliable method of teleporting objects to other dimensions."[break][break]

she continues after a breath.[break][break]

"however, what we did not tell the public is the mechanics of how they exactly work. the reason why should be obvious." dahlia folds her arms, feeling the rise and fall of her breath against her forearms. "depending on the cut of the crystal, teleportation may lead to a particular dimension or fail absolutely. the only dimension we have a reliable method of teleportation to is sea hoenn."[break][break]

dahlia shakes her head.[break][break]

"if you would like to know how the meteoroid impact event will be dealt with, information will be given through proper and secure channels after a meeting with the council in august." she raises her brow.[break][break]

"are you satisfied?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon mr-rime"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:37:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He had to bite back a scoff. Djinni, was this how—

Der’mo, he thought angrily. On the surface, however, he kept his calm and took the Gyaradosite back into his possession.

“You still see things buried in solid fact, but the impossible has been happening with alarming frequency as of late,” he chose his words carefully. If there was one thing he wanted to keep secret as long as he would, it would be the existence of the origin of those things he carried around with him at all times.

“Legendary Pokémon appearing one after another. Hell, I didn’t know that there was a possible fourth djinni that existed, having been so used to hearing tales of just the Three,” he continued quietly.

And then, finally, some answers.

“Am I allowed to share this information with any other Gym Leaders, should they ask?” he inquired at last.

Unfortunately, there was more red tape in the way—and how he wanted to take a pair of giant garden shears and rip them all apart.

The look on his face still held, though.

“Let everyone else in the upper circles know, as soon as possible. I may not know the political situation with the other cities, but any information that can help us down at Fortree would go a long way, in the long run.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:47:09 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no, you're quite wrong about that. do away with the notion of waiting for the vague impossible and consider that our strategy is incorporating new discoveries as they come."[break][break]

dahlia shakes her head once more. during hoenn's, or perhaps, as some may observe, this universe's, new knowledge does not always apply to the pressing matters at hand.[break][break]

there is no room to throw ideas at the wall hoping that they would stick like kecleon tongue.[break][break]

"but the incorporation is done cautiously. there is no room for recklessness when the region's safety is at stake." she desires a sigh, but smooths it over with a flat, explanatory gesture of the hand and arm. "this information is already shared, alexei. further information will come in august as i have said before."[break][break]

she finally exhales.[break][break]

"i understand you are afraid. we all are, alexei. many of us have not slept. we are all but humans thrust into a world that is complicated as it is horrifying... but we have a plan in place that i know will work."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 0:25:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He would continue to give her the same look he had for the past fifteen minutes or so—one of thinly-disguised dismay.

Were the higher echelons really that determined to keep control to themselves? Then so be it.

There were… other options available anyway—but to her, those options didn’t exist.

Now he understood why his friend was the way he was when it came to being involved in the highest tiers of politics.

And this is why I’m gay, he continued to himself in the darkest recesses of his mind. Two could play that game, then so be it indeed—he would play along with the charades, for now.

There it was again, the woman’s self-determined assuredness. He would let her say what she wanted to, however he wasn’t going to take it so easily at face value anymore. Not anymore, after all these years.

“You don’t seem to be afraid, despite what you say.”

That was all he was going to say. He was pretty certain that she was fronting—call it his intuition, but he had a feeling even she was panicking and not letting anyone in.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 0:40:07 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"of course, but i know how to keep my composure. it is important in politics and important in adulthood."[break][break]

dahlia gives alexei a confused look. the expression cringes together, eyebrows knitting together, lips curled up in half-amusement and half-inquiry.[break][break]

"if a leader does not know how to keep themselves composed in the face of disaster, then they should relinquish their seat."[break][break]

mr. rime opens the door.[break][break]

"and that brings me to the last point of discussion. if you continue to exercise impudence within the league, i will relinquish your seat as gym leader."[break][break]

she gestures to the entrance now made exit.[break][break]

"you are excused now."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:00:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It took a lot for someone to end up on Alexei’s incredibly short list of people that he disliked, and had earned her spot up there with good reason.

It was looking that someone else would be going the same way.

No wonder he acts the way he does, because he has to, it’s out of necessity! he thought as the very thought—the actual thought of abandoning Fortree to the proverbial wolves, especially when he’d managed to keep it as safe as he could for so long from the worst of what was happening everywhere—reared its head.

“And leave Fortree exposed to the proverbial wolves that is Team Rocket? After what happened in Slateport previously and then Sootopolis, I think not, Commissioner,” he said—his words carefully measured as he stood up from where he sat.

If there was another thing he wasn’t going to do, it was exactly that—leave the city exposed after so long.

Who knew what insanity would happen. Probably someone he knew (not his friend, someone else) would want to vilify her should she make that decision.

It was going to take a lot to get him out of Fortree, giant world-ending meteor notwithstanding.

And he was going to hold onto the city as long as he possibly would.

“Excuse me, then. I’ll be returning to Fortree now. Thank you for allowing me this visit to your office, and for sharing what information you’ve provided.”

With that, he left the room.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
why? [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:03:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: