snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 23:45:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the night dwindles down, she breaks herself away from the crowds of people to just... exist.

it's peaceful by the water's edge. the sound of waves crashing into sand, tumbling and restless against the shore. faintly, she hears the splashfest goers in the distance.

somehow, they're drowned out by the rising tide and the ocean breeze.

she's situated herself by the shore, settled into sand with waves lapping at her feet.

and as she releases a soft sigh of caged anxiety, her head tilts upward to the sky. clouds lazily roll overhead in small bouts of fluff. otherwise... it's an almost clear night.

the lights and pollution from slateport city threaten to drown out the stars but she finds bits and pieces of them across the sky anyway. little twinkling constellations, not quite ready to be snuffed out by competitive light.

he'll find her there, quietly observing after a long day of crowds and the main stage's opening remarks.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 4:31:33 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Splashfest was the least of Felix's concerns. Beyond the occasional opportunity the festivities held, there weren't many reasons for him to notice the highs and lows of mantine surfing, or the excitement of diving.

It wasn't until mainstage came around that he decided to attend -- a decision he quickly regretted after hearing the lineup they had in store. Sighing, the man left behind the scattered lights and pounding music, hand slowly rubbing the back of his neck. The call of oceanic tranquility whispered in his ears as he made his way across the coarse sand, dressed up in a black floral button up and beige shorts.

When his eyes meet the side of her face, they softened, and a small smile curled up his face. "Having fun?" The question came with his shadow, tall and overarching.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 0:01:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a warm smile breaks out once her head turns to find him. it turns slightly cheeky with the question.

"yeah. i might've had a little too much fun."

multiple tequila shots isn't always the best idea but it was definitely enjoyable. she feels a small hangover already beginning to creep up, held at bay by the soothing sounds of the ocean.

"are you enjoying yourself?"

and without waiting for a full answer, she pats the sand beside her for him to sit.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 6:30:26 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
With a soft grunt, he set himself down beside her, leaning back on his arms. They kept him propped up an inch away from her.

"A bit, yeah."

Not really. Work ate away most of his time, leaving only a sliver of seconds, and sometimes, pieces of peace. This moment fell into the ladder category.

"I prefer the quiet, though." Waves kissed the sand around them. It reminded him of one of those cheesy postcards he used to send to . "Like this."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:02:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"quiet's nice," she murmurs. her eyes retreat to the ocean, to the way waves slowly roll up onto the sand.

while the festivities are nice and exciting, there's something so serene about sitting beneath the night sky with the stars.

she gravitates toward him in a way that's become natural. it starts as a subtle lean until she's fully scooting over to absorb the warmth of his side. if asked, she'd blame it on the cool ocean breeze instead of what it truly is.

"i'd take this over crowds any day."

this being... well...

"are you going to be heading home soon?"

subtle.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 5:30:55 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He was.

The excitement of festivities had already begun to set, leaving behind only remnants of concealment for his illegal work-related activities. And yet, despite this dwindling margin of benefit per second spent sitting amongst the sand dunes, a part of him felt weighed down. Stuck.

"Nah," He eventually replied, "are you?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 18:34:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the resulting smile is bright, fuzzy, warm.

"not yet."

while the excitement is dying out, there's still an incessant urge to stay rooted in place. it lingers until one foot begins to tap against the sand. she's anxious, somehow.

"i wanted to sit beneath the stars a while. they're prettier here."

she reaches for his hand, then, with a gentle grip. natural, normal, expected.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 22:13:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
His hand naturally fitted around hers, ginger with its grip, as if he was holding onto the world's most delicate piece of jewelry.

The other twitched out of jealousy.

"Yeah." Slowly, he willed himself to tear his gaze from her features and look back up at the twinkling sky. Speckles of white gold flickered against the cool sheet of blue. "It kind of reminds me of Snowpoint."

Back then, back when things were easier. Simpler. A puff of air pushed out from his lips and his gaze dripped back down onto her, like a moth retreating to its flame. "Remember? When we would sneak out at night?"

He could still taste the chunky hot chocolates they would brew in the kitchen before charging out into the snow.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 22:35:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]somehow, the stars always remind her of snowpoint. bright and glistening yet so far away.

slateport beach lacks the crisp smell of evergreen trees but she feels more at ease than before. there's no homesick twinge in the body, no wistful look in her eye. not for snowpoint, anyway.

longing still persists. and yet, it shifts onto the concept of home more than the actual place.

she finds the feeling in people, in experiences, in his hands.

"yes," she grins. "we'd only go back in when we couldn't feel our faces anymore."

her thumb begins to trace lazy patterns into the back of his hand. and after a moment, her head turns away from the sky to find his eyes already on her. she flushes a soft pink.

"i suppose this is the warmer version."

warmer, older, and more complicated than before.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 1:42:18 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Electricity sparked beneath her touch, sending off currents down his veins and up his entire left arm. It was unnerving how much she effected the way he breathed.

A soft chuckled rolled off his chest as the memory continued play back in his mind. They were so innocent back then, so full of life.

Look at them now.

"I guess so."

A handful of seconds dripped by as silence bred between them and words gathered in his mouth. normally, he'd swallow them down. But, today, the rolling waves offered a newfound strength to push past these embedded instincts. "Illeana."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 1:53:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]now... they're full of a different kind of life. innocence no longer clings to the limbs or the mind.

and perhaps, the lifting of that veil had been what they needed.

she knows, in some way, she's better for the loss of innocence. the concept swells in her chest before it's overpowered by the sound of his chuckle. her smile widens at the sound.

her thumb traces patterns up until he calls her name. it stills against his hand.

"yeah?"

her head tilts toward him, looking for a hint of something.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 0:01:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The tide murmured beneath their limbs, licking the bottoms of their toes with each rolling wave, and cushioning the sand til it became a dull beige.

Courage thrummed in his heart as he turned to finally look at her. The passage of time was an odd thing. One second, they were two kids pelting eachother with balled up rolls of snow, and the next, they were in hoenn, about to meet their impending doom.

Slowly, he pulled himself closer, hovering just inches above her face. Strains of obsidian dangled in front of his eyes and husky puffs of air dripped from his lips. Maybe it was risk if dying that motivated him to act this way. Or maybe, his strangled heart couldn't bare being restrained for much longer.

His furthest hand reached down to pull back a loose strain of hair behind her ear.

"If I'm being honest, I've been looking for you all day."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 0:10:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the sound of waves crashing slowly becomes white noise in the background.

it fades all together when he drifts closer.

and she swears, for a moment, everything crawls to a stop when his hand reaches up and tucks a stray hair behind her ear.

"you have?"

pink spreads across her face. she'd like to blame it on too many tequila shots but it's difficult to sell that now.

her hand tightens on his and a bright, affectionate smile quickly overtakes her expression.

"i -- i was looking for you too."

everywhere. every face in the crowd, every body near hers.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 0:36:14 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"And you missed the 6'7" guy?" The tease is accompied by another soft chuckle. His fingers thoughtlessly entangled themselves with the stray pieces of hair below her chin. It felt so soft between his fingers, like the first coat of winter's snow.
[Break][break]
"We must have some terrible luck."
[Break][break]
They were a rocket admin and the league's head scienst-- how could they not? Contractually obligated to hate one another, they were two opposing sides of the same question. Fire and ice. Oil and water.
[Break][break]
"At least it worked out for us."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
cruel summer
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 0:43:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out a tinkering laugh and leans into his touch.

"to be fair, there was a lot of people."

and she got roped into a drinking competition...

her smile doesn't stray, not even in the face of the obstacles around them. they've, perhaps, proven a bond merely strengthens with time. from childhood to now, it somehow stays the same: a flutter in her chest whenever he's nearby.

"better late than never, right?"

in some way, she prefers finding him now. less people, less chaos... just them.