awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wicker men 2, wicker boogaloo [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 16:10:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While the Vespiquen took the lead, the Braviary tailed behind, flapping his wings and stirring up a Tailwind just so the two of them could move faster.

Ugh, what was it with that buzzing noise? Even it was driving him nuts the longer it droned on.

‘Did you find it yet?!’ he exclaimed in the Vespiquen’s direction.

Meanwhile, back outside—

‘Are you really thinking of eating one of them?!’ the Salamence exclaimed, juggling the entire column of Combee with his Flamethrower bursts, keeping them distracted well enough with the heat of the flames that were licking at them, forcing the erratic Combee to stay in one position as he eyed the Noivern that was flying about, not a single damned care in the world bothering her.

Over where the two humans stood waiting, he turned to the other.

“See—nothing too bad’s happened so far. Told you to trust them,” he continued in that same quiet voice of his, nudging the other man as if to prove a point.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 18:47:44 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar

Buoyed by Kyouya’s tailwind, Praxidike zoomed through the hive, a queen on a mission. Moving mostly on instinct, following the scent of the rival queen, she had to focus to keep a level head. Every one of her biological markers was screaming at her to run away, mixing with the thrill of the fight and inherent queen aggression, making for a volatile cocktail of fight-or-flight.

Kyouya’s voice makes her lash out and decimate a section of comb, sending sticky fragments sliding across the floor of the hive hall.

Shut. Up.

Sibella was using her body to funnel the Combee into Gabe’s Flamethrower, flying in intricate spirals around them, turning them into a tornado of bees. If any part of the mass would shift out of order, she’d flambe them herself.

They have a lovely crunch, she trilled over the sound of buzzing and fire, having the time of her life, and they are very sweet. You should try one, sometime.

Praxidike pulled to a sudden stop. The hall they were in opened into a wide, central cavern, filled with floor-to-ceiling comb like structures of other halls.

This is it, she said, scanning for the queen. She’s in here somewhere.

---------

Memo physically jumps when Alex nudges him, so focused on worrying that he’s zoned out for a minute.

“I-- don’t want to jinx it,” he said, rubbing sheepishly at his tricep. “I really, really don’t.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:03:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘Geez, no need to be so grumpy!’ the Braviary squawked from behind.

Yeesh, why were her feathers being ruffled?

Shaking his head, he continued to take up the rearguard position, following the Vespiquen deeper into the hive.

Back outside…

‘You do know there’s something driving them nuts! What if when you eat one the same thing that’s possessing them to go crazy affects you, too?!’ the Salamence countered, firing another burst of flame. Well, now they had a literal funnel wall of Combee buzzing angrily against the stronger currents, however the threat of flames (and eventual incineration) kept them well within the formation.

‘I eat meat!’ he added a few moments later.

Smash-cut to the two humans…

“Memo, you’re getting all nervous again. Relax,” he chided the other, reaching out to smooth the other’s nervous tics off.

“Well, what I can say is to not to think about it then, and just trust your companions to do what they’re capable of doing. Do you see me all worried?” he continued a few moments later.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:38:39 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Alex runs a soft hand over the line of his shoulder and Memo forces himself to exhale. He really, really, really did not like this sort of hands off op, he was coming to find. He leans into the touch, only slightly, eyes still watching the bursts of flame where Gabe and Sibella are working their magic.

The next thing Alex says has him frowning, and he turns to look at the other man with a curious look. “Yeah, how are you not worried? Mr. ‘I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders at all times?'” Because it was kind of funny, that out of all the times that Alex wouldn’t be an anxious wreck was when Memo was.

Praxidike takes to the hair, hovering for a moment, before diving down, eyes scanning the various hallway openings, searching for her-- the other queen. She’s about two seconds from bashing everything down around her when a well-aimed poison sting shoots through the air in front of her face, missing her mandibles by inches. She turns in the direction of the projectile and watches as the giant, Primal Energy infused Queen unfurls from across the cavern, huge, at least twice as tall as Praxidike, with glowering red eyes.

Her golden mandibles snap snap as she twists her massive body and launches another poison sting.

Sibella lands briefly on the side of the hive, forcing a burst of fire down a hallway to smoke out any lingering bees.

Well, I wouldn’t suggest eating these bees, she says with a haughty sniff, launching into the air again. She does a loop around him. Gabriel, what, exactly, do you think Combee are made of? She asks, lashing her tail and cracking one out of the sky, crushing it against the side of the hive.

There’s a sudden uptick in activity where the Combee switch from attacking to defending, beginning to whirl back towards the hive. Sibella tries to head them off with more fire, lighting the side of the hive up like paper. Superheated honey explodes and spits, like bacon fat.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 19:46:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I believe in their capability,” was his simple answer, running both his hands on the other man’s tense shoulders. “I only step in when shit really hits the fan.”

Oh, how little did he know that shit was about to hit them from two separate directions—but he had faith in the two Pokémon he had out.

Down where the two draconids were, the loud, insistent buzzing caught the Salamence’s attention.

‘Well, I’d take a guess they’re definitely not just made of honey, but still, they feel weird.’

The Combee they’d herded away were now attempting to return into the hive, however the other wasn’t having any of it.

‘Oh no, you don’t.’

Another peppering burst of Flamethrower, this one much more powerful than the last assaults the clump of Combee that were trying to make their way back towards the hive.

Deep inside, though…

‘Well, shit!’

The Braviary exclaimed as their target came into looming view—holy fucking shit that was a big-ass Vespiquen! What really drew the avian’s attention was the sheer size of the other Pokémon, equally-large mandibles clicking menacingly.

‘What now?’ he called to the other Vespiquen he was tailing.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 23:14:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: