Pseudonym [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 3:49:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]
[attr="class","bishoptext"]

Bishop walked down the busy street lined with boutique shops and brand name ateliers, pale eyes searching for the business called Galerie Mirage. Dressed in jeans ripped at the knees, worn sneakers, and an old jacket with the hood up, he looked sorely out of place. It was not ideal for him to travel through such a ritzy district in tatters, but it couldn't be helped. He had pressing matters to attend.[break][break]

The actual building of Galerie Mirage was not what he expected. Every aspect of its design — both exterior and interior — screamed either "eccentric artist" or "creative genius" depending on how one interpreted it. Whichever one was correct indicated the gallery owner's true nature, and one was preferable to the other for the business he pursued that day.[break][break]

Either way, Bishop could not turn back. He stepped through the front door and walked through the main space. Blue eyes swept the area for exits and dangers, but also paused on the paintings hanging on the wall on their second pass. He was not an artistic person; he had no sense for it. But he supposed the paintings were lovely. They had to be, right? The gallery was for business as well as pleasure.[break][break]

"Hello?" Bishop called out, his voice echoing somewhat in the vaulted hall.

[break]

[attr="class","bishopooc"][break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Vying for Attention

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]--accent:#B65050;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bishop]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoppkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 3:07:55 GMT
Seraphine D’aureville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","serapost"]
[attr="class","seraposttext"]

[attr="class","serapostpkmn"]

Bijou's ears perked up at the sound of a voice echoing through the spacious primary gallery, and the Persian nudged Seraphine's leg with her nose. It was appreciated, but unnecessary: the artist had heard the voice as well, and was already in the process of standing. She set the novel she had been reading - while lounging in one of Gallery Mirage's many tasteful (and quite comfortable) couches - on a small yet sophisticated wooden side table, but not before slipping a silk bookmark between the pages. She did not have anyone scheduled for this afternoon, but the gallery was open to the public four days a week, and though she did most of her business by appointment it was not unheard of for her to receive spontaneous visitors.[break][break]
"Let us go and greet out guest," She murmured to Bijou, who purred softly in acquiescence. Together, the two gracefully made their way across the vast room over to the arched entryway, the sharp clicking of heels on marble flooring accompanying the nearly silent padding of paws.[break][break]
Seraphine froze as she caught sight of the man who matched the voice she had heard. Her immediate thought was that this must be some kind of mistake; clearly this man had stumbled into the wrong building, for he looked completely out of place with his ragged clothing and rugged demeanor in contrast to the cosmopolitan aesthetic of Galerie Mirage. Upon closer inspection, however, there was something...desperate about the way the man held himself - furtive glances at the front door, a tension to his muscular build that reminded Seraphine of a Seviper waiting to strike. No, this man was not here to buy fine art, that much was certain, but she had a sudden gut feeling that he had not, in fact, wandered into her business by mistake.[break][break]
"Hello," She smoothly returned the man's initial greeting, golden gaze discerning despite flashing him a coy smile. "Welcome to Galerie Mirage. I am the owner of this establishment, Seraphine D'Aureville. How may I help you today?"[break][break]
[attr="class","serapostooc"]
@bishop
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Vying for Attention[break]
+ Seraphine's Outfit[break]

original template by GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Source Sans Pro]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.serapost]--accent:#D2A01F;[/newclass]
[newclass=.serapost]font:13px Source Sans Pro;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".serapost .seraposttext b"]font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .serapost .seraposttext a { font:13px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .serapost .seraposttext i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent);[/newlcass]
[newclass=".serapost .serapostooc"]} .serapost .serapostooc b { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .serapost .serapostooc a { font:13px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .serapost .serapostooc i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .serapost .serapostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".serapost .serapostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 10:24:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

The woman who greeted Bishop was, to put it directly, fucking gorgeous. He stared at her for a heartbeat longer than was polite, his eyes flickering up and down the full length of her figure before meeting her gaze again. And then he smiled, the line of it all crooked charm across his face. After all, this woman supposedly held his fate in her hands, though she didn't know it yet.[break][break]

Approaching her, Bishop fished in his jacket pocket for a crumpled letter of recommendation had instructed him to give the owner of Galerie Mirage. He offered it to Seraphine once he was within arm's reach so she could read it.[break][break]

"Hey, yeah, a contact said to come here to get some work done," he replied. "Said she'd also call ahead to make an appointment for me."[break][break]

Then, instinctively, he glanced over his shoulder toward the front door. No one else was in the building except him, Seraphine, and the Persian who lingered at her side, watching him with keen eyes.[break][break]

Turning back to the woman, he said in a hushed voice, "I'm Bishop. Ethan Bishop."

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 14:10:34 GMT
[nospaces]

Seraphine took the offered piece of crumpled paper from the man's outstretched hand, expression curious. Her eyes flicked down to the signature at the bottom before reading the full message, and in that instant, her suspicions about the man's purpose in coming to Galerie Mirage were confirmed. I owe Elisabeth Fiorelli a visit, Seraphine reminded herself as she processed the request the Rocket admin was making. It was hard to picture this burly Ethan Bishop fellow amongst Elisabeth's delicate flowers, but then again, here he was standing in a refined upper district art gallery. Life was full of surprises.[break][break]
"You're early then," Seraphine noted as she idly re-folded the letter and met his gaze once more. He had a handsome, strong jawline that Seraphine couldn't help but notice as he grinned at her. "Elisabeth hasn't contacted me yet to formally set up the appointment. But you must be a lucky man, indeed, Ethan Bishop. As it happens, I have an opening today." She walked past him to the front door, where she flipped the ouvert sign to fermé, indicating the gallery was closed to the public for the remainder of the afternoon. When she was finished, she glided back into the entryway, but did not stop at his side. Instead, she continued forward in the direction of the spiral staircase towards the rear of the main room.[break][break]
"Follow me," She called back to him without turning around. "I discuss this variety of commission exclusively in my private studio." There was a provocative weight to her tone as she emphasized the word private. Bijou purred softly and nudged the man's leg with her nose, encouraging him to move. She waited until he began walking, and then followed after him, as if she were his own personal guard.[break][break]
@bishop
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.serapost]font:13px Source Sans Pro;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".serapost .seraposttext b"]font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .serapost .seraposttext a { font:13px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .serapost .seraposttext i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent);[/newlcass]
[newclass=".serapost .serapostooc"]} .serapost .serapostooc b { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .serapost .serapostooc a { font:13px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .serapost .serapostooc i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .serapost .serapostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 14:31:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

"Just Bishop's fine," he corrected Seraphine as he proceeded up the staircase after her, the Persian at his heels. There was no sharpness in his tone, though; it was more like a gentle nudge in the proper direction.[break][break]

As they ascended, Bishop's eyes wandered the walls. He was unable to keep the wonder out of his expression as he beheld the paintings, most of them beautiful landscapes, though he spied the occasional portrait. His wandering eyes also lingered on Seraphine's backside, accentuated as it was by the tight, black dress she wore. But soon they reached the landing, and he tore his gaze away to observe the second floor.[break][break]

Seraphine's studio was a smaller and more cluttered version of the gallery downstairs. Bishop paused in front of one easel that held an unfinished painting, though the subject was unmistakable: an old, ivy-coated castle atop a hill. His brain itched upon seeing the rendering, invoking an old and dusty memory. He was a boy with a children's book about medieval Kalosian history in his lap, the pages open to a sketch of the very same building.[break][break]

"Is this in Kalos?" Bishop blurted out, pointing at the canvas as he swiveled to look at Seraphine with surprise. His gut told him yes, but he wanted to confirm.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 14:58:37 GMT
[nospaces]

Seraphine had begun to busy herself with pulling out a notepad and various colorful pens from a half-open desk drawer when Bishop asked about her current work-in-progress: realizing the nature of his question, she immediately straightened, stunned. "Yes, actually," She answered, staring at him. "But the reference is somewhat obscure. It's the château oublié from a collection of fairy tales I used to read to my sisters when we were young, inspired by the real life Shabboneau Castle in Camphrier Town."[break][break]

A sudden memory surfaced, of Mira and Josie cuddling close to Seraphine as she read aloud to them, the three of them curled up beneath the fluffy cashmere blankets of her large four poster bed in the D'aureville mansion back in Laverre City. They giggled as Seraphine described the fat, rosy-cheeked buffoon of a knight who kept falling - literally - for the various traps set by the mischievous Ghost Pokemon haunting the château oublié. The room had smelled of vanilla spice, a plate of cinnamon cookies and warm milk on the bedside table. In the present, Seraphine's golden eyes instinctively found the small framed photograph of herself and her sisters on her primary work table, but she did not let herself linger very long in the unexpected reverie. She had business to attend to.[break][break]

She cocked her head at the tall man admiring her in-progress painting, now sincerely intrigued. She did not usually pry into the backgrounds of her forgery clients, more concerned with who they were supposed to become rather than who they had once been, but she could not help herself as she asked in a soft tone, "Who are you, exactly, Mr. Bishop?"[break][break]

@bishop
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 15:25:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Seraphine's confirmation strengthened Bishop's memory. Shabboneau Castle in Camphrier Town. That was right. That was it.[break][break]

He shook his head at her question and finally turned away from the painting. "I'm nobody important," he said with a cocky grin that expressed how little of that he truly believed. "Just a man on the run from the cops, so I'm lookin' to make a new name for myself here in Hoenn."[break][break]

Bishop took a seat on her couch, all but lounging in it. One arm rested along the back of the sofa, while his legs spread in a casual display of male dominance — as if the apartment was his home and not hers.[break][break]

"So," he continued, "I'm gonna need a whole bunch of fake papers: ID, family, education, and especially a clean criminal record. The boss lady says you can do all of that and more, so, you must clearly wield some kinda fairytale magic yourself, Seraphine."[break][break]

His grin turned cheeky then, his eyes sparkling with impish delight as he relished the way her name rolled off his tongue, spoken with the proper Kalosian inflection.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 16:08:32 GMT
[nospaces]

Bishop's verbal dismissal said one thing, but his body language said entirely another. As he sprawled out languidly on Seraphine's studio couch, legs wide, grin wolfish, he did not look like a man who considered himself unimportant. He might be on the run, but he doesn't regret the life he's lived, she recognized as he described his situation. She had met her fair share of arrogant, hot-headed men throughout her life thus far, but she had to admit that there was something undeniably attractive about the way this particular man was gazing at her. To further emphasize this observation, when he said her name out loud, a small shiver traveled up Seraphine's spine - his pronunciation was perfect, despite his otherwise crude manner of speech, and he seemed to genuinely enjoy the sound of it, as if it were a fine wine to be properly savored.[break][break]
She felt compelled to smile back at him with an equal measure of seductive confidence. "I can do all of that and more," she intoned suggestively, picking up the notepad and a blue pen and sauntering over to lean her back against the work table, facing him. "So what will it be, then? I've made men such as yourself into hotel managers, bar owners, and club bouncers, to name a few. If you fancy something more sophisticated, we can transform you into a more skilled professional, but you must have at least some of the required knowledge base so as to complete the lie."[break][break]
She eyed him, wondering what he might have in mind. His well-muscled appearance suggested he would do well as a hard laborer of some kind, but perhaps he had some preconceived plan specific to a skillset she could not easily discern just by looking at him. She was content to look at him, though: she found it quite easy indeed.[break][break]

@bishop
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Vying for Attention [break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 16:29:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop shrugged at Seraphine's suggestions for his future occupation, not compelled by any of them.[break][break]

"The service industry ain't really my thing," he commented with obvious disinterest, "and anything that uses the skills I do have would lead people to suspect me, I bet. So it has to be somethin' totally unexpected."[break][break]

He let his gaze wander over the room, as if seeking inspiration from Seraphine's living space. Even as a residence, it possessed a level of sophistication beyond which he was familiar, with its high ceiling and wide windows that let in copious sunlight. Everything about the Upper District was foreign to him, and not because Slateport was a new city and Hoenn a new region. The sheer glamor of it all felt so otherworldly.[break][break]

"Something here, maybe," Bishop said as the idea occurred to him. He met Seraphine's gaze once more as the crooked smile returned to his face. "You hiring?"

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 18:11:44 GMT
[nospaces]

"Me?" Seraphine almost laughed at the suggestion, but then paused. She had lamented the lack of help when she had hung all of Rouge’s newest collection of abstract paintings up by herself recently. Galerie Mirage was well cared for, but it took up a tremendous amount of Seraphine’s time to do so; if she hired a permanent employee, she’d be able to dedicate that much more time to her artwork. Paying an occasional cleaning crew was one thing, but someone to act as her personal, well, laborer would be quite convenient indeed. He would make for good protection, too, should anyone threaten my business, she mused, sizing him up in an entirely new way.[break][break]
”Well,” She started, tapping her notepad thoughtfully with the capped pen. ”I actually could use some help around here. My Pokemon can only do so much. How are you with building maintenance, appliance repairs, plumbing, yard work, and, of course, hanging paintings?” She smiled somewhat deviously, figuring the rather cocky criminal was more likely than not to boast about his prowess in all of these areas.[break][break]
I would like to keep my eye on this one, she found herself thinking.
@bishop
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 18:31:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop's eyes danced with mischief as the incredulous expression crossed Seraphine's face. "Yeah, you. Why not?" he challenged her with a laugh.[break][break]

The smile did not leave his face even when she listed the duties an employee of hers would have to perform. Building maintenance, repairs, manual labor — nothing was out of the ordinary. He had two decades of taking care of hideouts, safehouses, and apartments under his belt.[break][break]

"Totally doable," he boasted. "And if I don't know something, I can look it up. I'm a quick learner." With that last reassurance, he threw Seraphine a wink. "How's the pay?"

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 19:02:54 GMT
[nospaces]

"Do I look like the sort of woman who doesn't pay well?" She shot back as he winked, expression amused. "You’ll be just fine, I assure you.” She uncapped her pen, finally, and scribbled a few notes. "This certainly simplifies things for us in terms of hiring documentation. However, you will still need a new identity, even if I am to be your employer.”[break][break]
As she considered this fact, Bijou rubbed up against Bishop’s legs, wide eyes inquiring about a head scratch. Silly girl, Seraphine mentally sighed, though a part of her couldn’t help but envy the Persian for her request. Seraphine vaguely wondered what it would feel like to have this man’s hands on her, instead, but she dismissed the thought before she could get too entangled in it.[break][break]
"Have you considered what name you would like to use?” She asked, composing herself.[break][break]
@bishop
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 19:14:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

The woman's retort about payment only prompted Bishop to laugh again. He knew there was no need to answer, so he simply reached over and scratched her Persian behind the ears with a large hand. It seemed the big cat had decided he was no threat after all.[break][break]

"A name, huh," he said aloud, falling into a contemplative silence as he once again swept the room with his gaze. The painting with the castle drew his attention a second time, the nostalgia it invoked stirring a fondness for it in him.[break][break]

"Castle," Bishop said with decisiveness. But he needed a given name, too. The memory of his boyhood expanded; he recalled his father's face and the mix of firmness and compassion with which he had moved through the world. "Ramsey Castle."[break][break]

Ramsey after my father, and Castle after home.[break][break]

Though there was no guarantee Bishop would ever return home again.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 19:43:55 GMT
[nospaces]

Seraphine watched with curiosity as Bishop’s expression turned contemplative, and his eyes once again swept over her unfinished painting of the château oublié. When he suggested the surname Castle, she chuckled, unsurprised by the choice. Perhaps if he impresses me, I’ll give him that painting as a bonus, she considered. It clearly evoked some essence of nostalgia in regards to his past, as it also did for her. The way he said my name…the painting…he must be from Kalos too, though the name Bishop makes me think of Galar.[break][break]
"Ramsey Castle it is, then,” She concurred, writing down his choice. "The next order of business is to settle on a believable background for Mr. Ramsey Castle, assistant to the renowned painter Seraphine D’aureville.” Now it was her turn to wink. ”I suggest including bits and pieces from your own life; the best lies are those that include some truth to them, after all.”[break][break]
For the next hour, the two of them hashed out the details of his false identity. Seraphine took several pages of notes, which she would convert into a birth certificate, ID card, travel passport, and employment documentation in the coming weeks. Bijou curled up next to Bishop on the couch and napped as the discussion continued. Finally, Serpahine set the notepad and pen down on the work table, satisfied.[break][break]
"That should do quite nicely. Everything will be ready for you in a week’s time. Until then, well…you probably don’t need me to tell you to lie low. Do you have a place to stay?”
[break][break]
@bishop
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Pseudonym [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 19:59:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

One thing was certain: Seraphine was very thorough in her work, for which Bishop was grateful. No wonder had recommended her. With the information they concocted together, Seraphine would be able to produce a believable alter ego for him. He had no doubt about that. But just as he was getting comfortable on that couch — and with his conversation with her — his appointment reached its logical end.[break][break]

Bishop raised an eyebrow at her final question. "Why, are you offering?" he teased her. But he stood, easing the Persian's head off where it rested on his thigh. "I've been in Slateport for the past month or so, but I'm movin' into headquarters in Sootopolis. I'll borrow a teleport to get to work until I can get my own Pokémon, though, so don't worry about that."[break][break]

He walked up to Seraphine, the corners of his lips curled into a smirk. At her side, he held out his hand for a shake. All business deals needed a good handshake.[break][break]

"Thanks for the help, Seraphine, and I mean it," he said in a voice much lower and more intimate than what he'd used before. In his tone was an undercurrent of sincere gratitude. His pale blue eyes like ice held her golden ones without wavering.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]