awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 13:42:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Totally. I made sure to mention that,” he nodded, this time having to decimate the entire taiyaki and willing himself to go for the sandwich after the poor beheaded fish-shaped ice cream sandwich had been vaporized in his mouth.

“And about… options…” he faltered, reaching for the sandwich that already had a bite mark in it.

“…they said there was only one.”

Which, to him, was…

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:35:40 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Good.” Because there was just no way. It was an inarguable truth. Fernando Silph himself could come knocking on the door and Memo would sooner die than give Zelle up easily.

He squinted, confused again.

"What do you mean, ‘options’? Options for what.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:40:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Only one option…”

He tore off another part of the sandwich as he stalled for time, the scowl flashing on his face.

“…they said the incoming meteor’s going to be chucked at this…wherever. Where the sea-people are coming from.”

The scowl grew more prominent as he crammed a couple of chips into his mouth.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:51:58 GMT
“Oh, yeah,” Memo said, tone unimpressed but also not panicked. "It’s a bullshit idea.” This had been his opinion on things since the plan was announced.

But…

"We are running out of time,”he pointed out. Then he sighed-- big, heavy, weighted. Opened his mouth to speak, paused. Shut it again. Slumped.

“Never mind.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 14:58:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I already presented the idea of trying to get coordinates from one of my Mega Stones—yeah, you know the drum? The one we went to Mount Chimney for? I came back with something else.”

After another bite of the sandwich, he reached for a piece of tissue to wipe his fingers down before rummaging around in his pocket and finding the thing he was looking for and setting it on the table between them.

“I asked if they could find the coordinates—for the world I went to. That… the Hoenn where Dune became a reality… Ultra Beasts running rampant everywhere…”

The scowl lines on his face only deepened.

“…but they said it was impossible. I in fact, already presented the idea to the ‘almighty leader’ of the entire governing body but she fucking said no.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 3:43:50 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Alex didn’t seem to notice his fight of conscience. That was fine. He preferred it that way, actually.

He watched with interest as Alex dug into his pocket and produced an iridescent, flashing stone, setting it on the table. Faint waves of light-- or vapor?-- rolled off of it, like breath in the cold.

Memo squinted at it. He scooched his chair back from the island and crouched to eye level.

“It’s like the one I have for Shivani,” he said, sitting up and looking at Alex. Then he frowned. “Wait, back up. When did you get this? What do you mean, where Dune became a reality?

He knew he wasn’t privy to every single one of Alex’s adventures, and he wasn’t trying to be-- but he did like to think that the other man would have at least mentioned he was going fucking dimension hopping. Especially because-- well, they'd worked on the drum thing together, right!?

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 16:00:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oops.

When he mentioned the drum, he’d… he’d fucking clean forgotten to mention the rest of the journey that happened as well.

Okay, now that he was caught between a rock and a hard place (heh) he had to explain himself.

“I didn’t just pick that drum up from somewhere, you know,” he began as he returned his attention to the sandwich and took another bite to stall for time (as well as to gather his thoughts).

Once he’d demolished half the sandwich, he then recounted the sordid, insane tale.

“So like, sometime before we met—there was this crazy thing going around. Write letters to ‘Father Winter’, or Дед Мороз1 in my mother language. Some… strange Unovan tradition apparently. Big with kids. Anyway.”

Another bite from the sandwich; chew, chew, down the hatch.

“So. Apparently. I decided to take the chance, write this letter and answer this puzzle that came with the letter and send it on its way. Who knew that I was going to get a letter back sometime later.”

1 — Ded Moroz, a.k.a. Santa Claus

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 18:04:27 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Alex made a face and, somehow, turned a shade paler. He was quiet for a second, and Memo raised an eyebrow, eyes intense, letting him know he was not getting out of this one without an explanation.

He wanted to jump in and interrupt but he figured Alex was taking a second to collect his thoughts (get his story straight, a very unhelpful, new voice pointed out) before he began. Memo let him speak.

Now it was his turn to make a face. He opened his mouth, about to launch into a whole new line of grilling, when the unit of Hoenn’s weirdness fit itself helpfully into the equation and he just sighed.

“What did the letter say?” he asked, instead.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 16:27:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“The usual frickle-frackle kids and wishes coming true shit. At the very bottom though, since I happened to answer the puzzle correctly, there was a P.S., and it said something about going down to Granite Cave and meeting whoever this guy was there.”

He sighed. Oh, boy.

Looks like they would be in for another ride.

Taking another bite of the sandwich, he let the silence drop as he processed his thoughts.

“So I went there. Earlier in the year. Like, January or so. So the guy’s there, and there’s this portal. That apparently leads to another dimension or some sort…”

He trailed off, a frown creasing his features.

“I actually wanted to wish for something else, but… well, if I chose that wish instead I’d most likely be dead and we’d never have met. So anyway.”

He cleared his throat.

“So I go through the portal and end up in… Fortree. But. Instead of it being open-air Fortree, it was… an underground version of this city.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 22:14:09 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
He knows it’s a serious conversation and he’s trying to be an attentive listener but Alex says frickle-frackle and Memo can’t stop the snort of laughter that bubbles up through him. He claps his hands over his mouth but it’s too late, so he just sets his forehead against the table and lets the giggles take him and, eventually, subsides.

“I’m sorry. Frickle-frackle sent me.”

He manages to compose himself in time for Alex to get to the important bit, where he traversed the universes and went to an alternate Fortree.

“Underground?” he asked, brows furrowing.

“I take it it wasn’t pretty.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 20:07:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah. It… it was terrifying, to say the least.”

He shook his head.

Should he reveal everything that had happened? Or just skip over certain parts and only share what he wanted to share? This… this was going to be tricky.

“It was literally underground. And then… and then this beast of a Fire-type suddenly came out from the lava… lava pools somewhere… and then started blasting me. And Ravana, my Charizard. I had… I had to switch around and send a lot of my mixed-types at the damned thing… that’s where the drum and the Mega Stone came from.”

At least, that was as much as he would share.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 23:02:33 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
The look on Alex’s face and the fact that the normally talkative man seemed to clam up let Memo know that this was as far as he was willing to go on this particular topic.

“That sounds… awful,” he said, reaching for Alex’s hand, feeling terrible that he had to go through that alone. Memo knew how much Alex cared about Fortree-- so to see it in such a horrible way… must have been very painful.

“So this… Sea Hoenn… is like that, but, underwater?”
he asked.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 14:00:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘Awful’ wasn’t even the beginning of it all.

He knew he was going to be breaking slightly into ‘no-go’ territory, but… the rest of the tale, at least, had to be bared to the world. There was no way he was going to leave it at that.

“Are… would you… be alright if I told you the rest of what happened, after…after I found the underground Fortree?” he asked the other quietly.

As for the ‘sea Hoenn’ question?

“Well… from what I was told… it’s basically this region, only a great swathe of land’s, like… underwater. Apparently there are some parts of the eastern side of the region that stayed above…above the waves. And… somehow, Fortree… this city was one of those supposed few places that survived drowning.”

Even he couldn’t believe it either.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 23:46:33 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
It’s clear by his tone and the way he’s skirting around the topic that whatever happened to Alex in that other timeline was painful. Memo reached out and placed a hand on his thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze.

“Only if you want to,” he said, feeling bad that he’d pushed to get to this point.

He cocks his head, thinking.

“Well, it kind of makes sense,” he says, “given that Fortree is literally in the trees.” He tried to imagine what it would be like if there was water only inches away from the front door.

Sounded like something out of Alex’s nightmares, quite honestly.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 20:25:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“See, when I got to the underground Fortree, anyone and everyone who saw me literally ran away, like they’d seen a ghost. Hell, I even fucking saw Claire of all people, but when I tried to talk to her she glared at me with one eye (I think she lost the other one because she had a patch covering it) and she fucking threw a knife at me!”

That… that was just the beginning of it all.

“Hell, I tried to ask her where Ethan is but it only made her angrier, so I guess something bad happened and then… and then… Frog, I saw. I saw… I saw him.”

And no, it wasn’t the other receptionist in that reality.

“He—that reality’s @mattis was alive, and even he thought he saw a ghost. But then I… I got the entire story out of him, and… well, shit.”

He fell silent.

“I… well, the me of that world died.”