awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fly me over yesterday [s]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 20:12:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, at least I know her armada of Grass-types are extremely capable of defending their territory, I’ve seen her in action back when she was still a Gym Leader.”

He mused quietly as he reached for one of the ice cream sandwiches and unwrapped it as well.

At the mention of the bees, he cringed for a few moments.

“Yeesh, those bees… I hope whatever was making them go berserk doesn’t happen here. It’s… it’s going to be a handful if that ever happens.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 23:07:50 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Memo looked at Alex from under furrowed brows, wondering if his boyfriend was really hearing him. Cait had just had a baby. It didn’t matter if she had a million Pokemon-- this was not something she needed to be involved in. He had half a mind to ask and to leave before anything got started…

…but, no, he couldn’t do that. Asking them not to defend their home? That was ridiculous. They were more than capable of taking care of themselves.

But he didn’t want to get Cait involved any more than he absolutely had to because, again, she’d. Just. Had. A. Baby.

“I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen,” Memo said, resting the chocolate bar against his tongue, then thinking twice. “I wanted to evacuate. Everyone else said we may not need to. I… I don’t know what to do.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 14:05:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His frown deepened further the more the other man’s ideas had been shot down.

“I… I’d like to take preliminary precautions, you know,” he admitted to the other quietly. “Fuck what everyone else said. They’re going to leave us high and dry? Then so be it… we do this shit, on our own terms, and come out… come out of this stronger, as you say we would. We will.”

For the first time, there was a look of conviction in his eyes.

“If worse…comes to worse, I can ask Ethan and Jack to help keep an eye on Fortree along with the Rangers who work under your… your division thingie. S-sorry. Not so good with technical jargon and…and shit,” he continued with a watery smile.

“We… we got this.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 23:44:00 GMT
Memo nodded. There was a part of him that knew that Alex would see it his way-- the man was a chronic worrier, after all, and it seemed a little of that was rubbing off on him. But he was also unspeakably thankful that someone, finally, was seeing his point of view. It was part of the reason they were together.

“Yeah. I-- I think it would be smart. Maybe not a full evacuation but-- a safe zone. Setting up a perimeter.”

He wants to grab a piece of paper and start planning. He wants to run out into the street right now and-- and rally the troops.

Instead, he sits on the couch and slumps against Alex, willing to share a little bit of the weight, if only for a moment.

“I don’t want to let you down,” he said, quiet.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 20:29:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You know I can ask the two to help us organize shit together,” he nodded quietly, feeling the other man’s weight rest on his shoulder.

“I’m quite certain, that… well, since we haven’t lost our collective shit yet, Fortree has most of its shit together, and people are willing to listen to reason, so. You know… he trailed off, leaning back against the couch for a few moments.

“I know, Memo. I don’t want to let myself down either, I mean. I can’t be running around like a headless chicken now can I?” he continued with a bit of a hint of laughter in his voice, an attempt to diffuse the situation.

“I have to help keep everyone’s collective shit together. At least, out here.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 23:13:39 GMT
Alex shocked him with his pragmatism. Sometimes he didn’t know whether to expect the forward thinking or be amazed by it, given the Fortree gym leader’s worrying. “Yeah. That’s a good idea.” Bringing Senon and Cait in to help plan things would help take some of the weight off of his own shoulders while also keeping the two old guard involved.

Alex continued to soothe his worries. And all the points he was making were right, were true. But would it be enough?

“You’re helping me keep my shit together, at least,” he points out, suddenly so very tired-- just a bone-deep exhaustion that made him want to stretch out on Alex’s lap and sleep forever.

“What would I do without you?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 17:00:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Probably run around like a headless chicken, knowing you,” he replied with a bit of sass, and a smirk on his face that softened to a quiet kind of smile.

He knew Memo was struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the situation they were all in—he’d already learned, long ago, that the more shit started to unravel, it was best to stop questioning and get to the bottom of the problem and deal with it before it got even more out of hand than it already was at that point.

“However, that isn’t the case, for I am here to make sure everyone—well, everyone who’s willing to listen to reason, at least—keep their collective shit together, so we can all pull through this and go on with our lives once this… this big-ass trial has passed.”

Sometimes even he surprised himself with what he said. Today just happened to be one of those times.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 1:42:24 GMT
He can’t help himself, he laughs. It starts as a chuckle and turned into a sustained giggle as he hides his face in Alex’s shoulder. Because-- because before he came to Hoenn, he’d though himself-- not an expert strategist, by any means-- but at least pretty slick.

He wasn’t slick. He wasn’t slick at all. Or maybe it was just that before, he’d had no responsibilities.

“Yeah… yeah,” he said, catching his breath, finally coming out of his fit of giggles. “You're right. Oh, my god. I’m so tired.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 19:57:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Long day, I take,” he hummed quietly as he allowed the other man to relieve some of the pressure he’d been under by breaking down into a fit of the (maybe manic? He wasn’t too sure) giggles.

“Look, the best that we can do now is… to prepare. Make sure people don’t literally lose their shit the day this all goes down. Honestly, after the entire thing’s done and dusted I want… I want to go on a vacation. How about you?”

The offer was there.

All it mattered now, was if the other would understand what he was implying…

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 20:21:53 GMT
His eyebrows raised. If he’d had cat ears, they would have perked.

“Anywhere,” he says, entirely too fast and with too much conviction, snapping at the chance despite how impossible it seemed. “Anywhere you want to go. Let’s do it.”

Would there ever be a time when the entire thing was done and dusted? When Alex would be able to extrapolate himself from his duties to take a break? When Memo would feel okay turning away from his new position for a chance of respite?

Unlikely.

But when you’ve already had so many dreams come true it was time for new ones, he supposed.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 20:17:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’ll take you up on that,” he chuckled quietly.

The question of where they were going to vacation to was… that would be settled another day.

Right now, though, they both needed to rest, because of all the shit happening—had to be ready for what was inevitably coming, right?

“I’d want to ask where you want to go, but I know you’re going to pass on Galar… I’d want to take you to my home region, except we’re not stopping by my home city,” he hummed.

“Well, it’s as Unovan as you can get so…” he trailed off before breaking into a fit of laughter.

“Get ready for your Galarian ass to be assaulted by everything Unovan!”

The fit of giggles literally dissolved into wheezing laughter.

He couldn’t help it!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 0:12:30 GMT
He regarded his giggling boyfriend with a smirk and a wink.

“I seem to enjoy being assaulted by everything Unovan,” he said, looping an arm under Alex’s knee to maneuver and pull him closer, “so that is hardly a threat.”

He drew Alex’s legs behind him.

“It actually sounds delightful.

Forehead to forehead.

“Can’t wait.”

:freeloader:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 0:46:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: