When Things Go Bump in the Night [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 10:51:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]
[attr="class","bishoptext"]

On the big TV in the member's lounge of Team Rocket's submarine, a battered and blood-covered heroine escaped to freedom after surviving a hellish night, having watched her friends suffer gruesome deaths at a ghostly killer's hands. The credits rolled. Lounging on the couch, Bishop stretched and removed the bowl of empty popcorn from his lap.[break][break]

"Damn, what a film. I never get tired watchin' it," he said to his companion, who sat nearby with her own snacks and drink. "Thanks for watchin' with me, Nina."[break][break]

Bishop stood and gathered his things: the empty beer bottles and the popcorn bowl he intended to wash before going to bed. It was past midnight, and he had work the next day at Galerie Mirage in Slateport.[break][break]

"You have a good night, all right?"

[break]

[attr="class","bishopooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Ghost in the Machine

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]--accent:#B65050;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bishop]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoppkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 23:48:45 GMT
nina larson Avatar
since their day of swimming lessons, a friendship had solidified between nina and bishop. discovery of their mutual loyalties to rocket had made it easy, and after learning of bishop’s appreciation for horror films, she only liked him even more.

as the credits rolled, she basked in what after-effects she still felt after watching—but now that she had seen a significant amount of blood herself, in real life, she found that she felt slightly different than before.

”it’s a good one,” she agreed anyways, sipping the end of gin and tonic. ”totally! i’m always down for movie night.”

when bishop went to leave, she got up with her bag of wishiwashi gummies—after handing one more to the ever-demanding kipkip—and planned to head to sootopolis’s surface to go home. ”yeah you too! i bet they’ll show lots of scary movies soon. i’ll text if i hear about another good one.”

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 13:47:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Before either of them could leave the lounge, however, a strange shriek filled the air, like the grinding of metal against metal, followed by an odd clattering noise that seemed suspiciously like laughter. Bishop froze at the unnatural sound, then spun around to see if Nina was still in the room with him.[break][break]

"What the fuck was that?" he asked, bewildered.[break][break]

The hour was late — fifteen past midnight, said the clock hanging on the wall nearby. Members of Team Rocket were certainly up and about at all hours of the day, usually doing crimes, but that noise did not sound like something a normal human would make. Nor did it sound like any Pokémon Bishop had ever heard before.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 2:45:57 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina flinched at the sound. she was a fan of horror, but spooky things happening right after a movie like this? it got in her head as much as it might have anyone else’s.

shit. i don’t know… uh… a ghost, maybe?” not out of the ordinary on the submarine, really. it seemed like they were always getting away from people, hiding out overnight sometimes just to cause trouble. ghosts were just like that, and it seemed to resonate with a lot of rockets.

but after the film, the tiny possibility that it was a human ghost—and a murderous one at that—lingered in the least reasonable recesses of her mind. the dim lights above flickered, then. pretty convenient electrical problems.

”um…”

”kip!”

true to his nature as ever, the mudkip at her side barked defiantly at whatever unseen culprit was causing the mischief and nina’s discomfort.

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 12:07:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop was not a man who was easily frightened, but when the lounge room's lights flickered, even he felt goosebumps up and down his arms. Or was it just colder for some reason? Yeah, it felt colder than it had been a few minutes before.[break][break]

He went to stand beside Nina, his hands still full with his trash. "You know how, in horror movies, the cast is like, 'It's probably just a Pokémon,' and that's their first mistake? You're probably right that it's just a ghost, but uh, what if it isn't?"[break][break]

He looked at her pointedly. After all, he was not going to let his guard down with whatever was making strange noises in the dead of night — not after just watching a horror movie that started off with the same scenario.[break][break]

Bishop then looked down at the Mudkip in defense mode. "You agree with me, right, Kipkip?"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 4:23:49 GMT
nina larson Avatar
not a ghost? he was really doing this.

”what the fuck, bishop? what else do you think it could be?

but the hairs on the back of her neck were standing up too, admittedly. he was right that something felt off, and surely it wasn’t that they had just watched a haunted slasher flick. this was real.

mudkip’s head was on a swivel, and yet another ’kip!’ was given to bishop question. yes, he was ready for war.

”do you think someone’s trying to play a prank on us?”

with a deep breath, she reached down to take a sneaker off. ”come out, asshole!” she threw it at the metal ceiling with a clang, hoping to scare whatever—or whoever—might’ve been in the vents right back. she figured that had to have been where the sound had come from.

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 23:05:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

When Nina's sneaker hit the ceiling, all the lights in the room and its immediate vicinity shut off. A hush fell over the area, broken only by a strange clicking noise similar to the one from earlier. Bishop glanced around cautiously, though he could see nothing in the sudden darkness.[break][break]

"No one move. I'm gonna get the light switch," he said quietly, slowly shuffling in its direction. He wished he had his hands free so he could feel his way over. Eventually, though, he bumped into the table near the switch and put down the empty beer bottles and popcorn bowl.[break][break]

Bishop felt for the light switch and found it after a few seconds.[break][break]

Nothing happened when he flipped it on and off. He tried again, futilely.[break][break]

"Okay, well, fuck that," he muttered, taking out his phone and turning on the flashlight. The beam of light zigzagged through the room until it fell on Nina and Mudkip. "Why don't I walk ya to the main hatch of the sub? You gotta get home safe."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 8:03:20 GMT
nina larson Avatar
shit. well, that hadn’t been a good idea. she stepped a little closer to bishop, hand instinctively brushing near his elbow as though to ground herself with the knowledge he hadn’t suddenly disappeared with the light in the room.

despite this, she assured him, ”we can handle ourselves, you know.” her and kipkip, of course. her hand fell away again, albeit a little hesitantly.

”kipkip?” she checked, and the axolotl muttered its name to confirm it was still there as well.

as nina blinked out into the pitch black of the submarine, she considered, ”maybe company might not be so bad, actually...”

while sightless, the groans of their metal vessel and the ocean surrounding were all the more audible. it was spooky.

”it’s really dark.”

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 0:33:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

"Yeah, and I don't have much battery left on this thing," Bishop noted. 15% battery was not much, but hopefully it was enough to get Nina to the main hatch so she could leave. Then maybe the lights would be back and he could find his way back to his dorm room without a problem. "Let's go."[break][break]

With Bishop's phone flashlight illuminating the way, the trio started down the hallway toward the submarine's entrance. Besides the natural sounds of metal groaning and ocean murmurs, strange clicking seemed to follow them down the corridors. The echoes of their footsteps seemed amplified in the darkness.[break][break]

"Damn, did the whole sub lose light? That's not possible, right? We'd be fucked if we lost power down here," Bishop wondered as they turned a corner. The eerie silence compelled him to speak no louder than a whisper.[break][break]

Suddenly, a high-pitched giggle filled the air. He froze. "What's funny?" he demanded, turning the light toward Nina.[break][break]

Yet it had not sounded like her voice…

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 23:12:12 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it was wild to her that bishop hadn't charged his phone. how could anyone risk wandering around the sub with a dead phone? after genesect, and whatever it was that had broken into the labs a couple of months ago...

her anxieties were silent as they pressed, her voice only piping up again when his did. ”i don't know. why are you whispering?” but she was whispering too, and the giggle that came a moment later wasn’t her own.

jumping, she looked around through the dark outside the glow of his phone. It reminded her of the sounds that had come from the haunted house that she’d exterminated with .

”that wasn’t me.”

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 12:51:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

"What do you mean it wasn't you? Who else could it be?!" Bishop demanded, still whispering. But then he felt a tap on his shoulder, which was impossible because Nina was standing right in front of him. Startled, he whirled around, shining his phone's flashlight on the corridor around them.[break][break]

And that's when he caught sight of the Misdreavus, its tendril-like hair undulating back and forth like tentacles beneath a silent sea. It shrieked abruptly as the light fell upon it, then retreated backward into the shadows.[break][break]

"You!" Bishop hissed, following the Pokémon with his light. A quick glance down at his phone told him the battery was at 8%. "Hey! Stop right there!"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 23:18:04 GMT
nina larson Avatar
before she could answer with another exasperated i don’t know, she heard bishop whirl around behind her. doing the same, she glimpsed the tail-end of the cackling culprit just before it disappeared into the dark again.

it had been a ghost-type, after all.

told you. she hissed from behind.

kipkip was in pursuit without command, running into the dark with shrill barks cast into the abyss. a warning to all ghostly witches in the vicinity to beware its hopelessly blinded but still threatening presence.

”where’d it go?”

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 1:03:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

"Yeah, yeah, you were right!" Bishop retorted, though he spoke it astride a laugh, relieved that the spooky antics were the cause of a harmless Ghost-type Pokémon. He pointed his light in the direction the Misdreavus had gone, though it must have phased through a wall, because he found nothing.[break][break]

"Let's follow Kipkip," he suggested, starting off in the direction of the Mudkip's barks.[break][break]

Eventually, the sound led them to a room Bishop had never entered before. Machines lined the walls of the chamber, each one armed with dozens of Poké Balls containing Water-type Pokémon for use in the defense of the submarine.[break][break]

"You see it, Kipkip?" the man asked, checking the battery on his phone. 4%.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 0:24:55 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina followed as suggested, though unsure what the point of further investigation was.

”do you think it’ll cause more trouble?”

mudkip seemed to think it needed to be hunted down, and apparently, so did bishop. while in pursuit, nina’s attention easily drifted to the chambers on either side of them.

’kip…’

though uncertainty lingered in the mudkip’s tone, so did determination as it pressed forward in the beam of bishop’s flashlight.

”i think… we’re where they keep the sub’s defenses.”

water-types were nina’s favorite. how many were there here?

@bishop

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 0:42:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

For a moment, the trio gazed with uncertainty into the darkness. As Bishop was about to suggest they let the Misdreavus go and head back to the main hatch, though, the Ghost-type Pokémon reappeared, materializing between the two humans. She opened her mouth and gave another otherworldly shriek to startle them.[break][break]

Bishop nearly jumped out of his skin. Instinctively, he reached for a Poké Ball at his belt and released his Mightyena. The dog-like Pokémon fixed his gaze on the Misdreavus and snarled.[break][break]

"Don't let it get away!" Bishop shouted.[break][break]

Mightyena leaped, attacking with CRUNCH. He seized the wailing ghost in his jaws and held on despite how much it wriggled and flailed.[break][break]

His master sighed with fatigue, visibly sagging. "So it was just a Pokémon after all. Who's your owner? Why are you out in the middle of the night being all creepy?" he demanded of it. When it only continued its futile struggle, Bishop looked over at Nina. "What should we do with it?"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]