awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 20:36:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

In the end they were both just pumpkins, anyway.

“Wait,” he remarked as he picked up the other knife and pulled the white pumpkin closer. “When you make a mistake on carving, there’s no take backs, right?” he confirmed.

Because he then just realized that their canvas… literally provided next to no margin or room for error. It wasn’t like a digital canvas where you could just control-z every little mistake you made.

“Well… I hope I don’t fuck this up.”

With an immense sense of trepidation, he also said a few silent prayers as he did the exact same thing the other had done earlier—cutting a hole out from the top of the white pumpkin first, before grabbing a pair of the nitrile gloves and slipping them on.

“At least, with all the innards I can make pumpkin pie once we’re done.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 16:00:24 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Memo cracked a smile at Alex’s trepidation. “It’s fine, baby. It’s just a pumpkin. I can go buy another.” He scooped at the pale orange flesh to hollow it out a little more. “Or if it’s a little goofy… who cares. We can have a little goofy Halloween.”

Once his gourd was excavated enough, he stripped the gloves into the garbage and washed his hands all the way up his forearms with a healthy heaping of fragrant soap (still in a summer scent).

“Um. Yay, pumpkin pie?” he said with a wince as he pulled up a chair and uncapped a sharpie, swiping on his phone for a good Noivern pumpkin template to copy.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 11:37:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You… really don’t like pumpkins, huh,” he observed quietly as he watched, with this amused grin on his face as his boyfriend had literally eviscerated the innards of the pumpkin he was working on as fast as humanly possible before making a run for the sink and literally going at it like a germophobe with the way he washed his hands.

“Looks like Ethan and the others are getting the pie, then,” he hummed as he continued hacking away at the innards of his own pumpkin.

Since it was considerably smaller than the orange one his boyfriend had gotten, he was done much quicker (and the bowl with the innards was practically bursting—almost overflowing if he was being honest).

“You think I can carve mine from memory?” he mused out loud as he grabbed the other Sharpie marker and considered the white canvas for a few moments, before closing his eyes and attempting to visualize the perfect little Wooloo in his mind’s eye before eventually starting to slowly—extremely slowly—sketch out the pattern on the gourd.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 19:07:18 GMT
“No,” he said, in a disappointed voice that was semi-apologetic for, you know, himself. “I never have. I don’t really like any… squashy gourds. Except for zucchini. They can stay but they’re on thin ice.” He stabbed at the air with his Sharpie to illustrate just how much danger zucchini were in.

He found a nice template for a Noivern and set about copying it.

“If anyone can, you can. But be careful, please.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 12:16:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“If you hate gourds so much, guess I know what not to make moving forward,” he replied with a quiet chuckle as he watched his boyfriend swiping through his phone until he found a reference picture of a Noivern and began ‘sketching’ on the orange pumpkin.

“Mine’s twice as worse because it’s white so I have to be ridiculously careful…” he sighed with much trepidation as he picked up his own phone and opened his gallery—

For he didn’t need a reference picture, as he had loads of them on his camera reel.

“You don’t take pictures of your Pokémon?” he asked his boyfriend as he slowly began drawing the Wooloo outline on his own white pumpkin.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 16:33:31 GMT
He made a face. “They’re just… stringy and gross and not a texture I vibe with. Much to the chagrin of my mother.” He had war flashbacks to huge trays of summer squash baking in the oven and little Memo exiled outside for the whole day because the scent made him want to vomit.

“Baby, it’s just a pumpkin,” he reminded him, Sharpie squeaking on the pumpkin skin as he drew a line. “I can get a new one. I just want you to be extra careful so you don’t cut yourself.”

He made an egregious face. “Of course I take pictures of my Pokemon. But I’m not Picasso. If I tried to draw Sibella’s face on this bad bitch from a real life picture it would look horrendous.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 17:16:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was quiet, the Sharipe pen squeaking along the white surface of the pumpkin that he was going to carve a Wooloo into listening to his boyfriend’s stories about pumpkins and how he didn’t really vibe with the said fruit—vegetable… gourd.

A frown crossed his face as he continued sketching the outline of the Wooloo pattern on his own gourd, tongue sticking out slightly from one side of his mouth.

“How… how deep do you cut from the front?” he asked presently.

“I don’t want to waste any part of the pumpkin when I make the pies for the Sanctuary staff.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 17:59:01 GMT
Memo stood from his chair and moved to stand behind Alex, more for his own benefit than his boyfriend’s. He was a simple creature and proximity and warmth made him happy, so sue him.

“You cut all the way through,”
he said, tracing the Sharpie line with one finger. “But maybe just do a narrow cut so we see the outline of the Wooloo? You don’t have to punch the whole thing out, I mean.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 15:40:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Hm?” he hummed, his brain… for a few moments unable to parse and compute what the other had said.

“Uhh…” he trailed off, suddenly embarrassed when he realized that his boyfriend had disappeared from his line of sight—only to feel the familiar presence standing behind him.

“Can… can you show me?” he asked meekly. “I’m… I’m more of a visual person. You know, learning by watching.”

By that point, he’d already finished drawing the outline of the Wooloo on the white gourd’s surface, and only needed a little bit of a demonstration so that he could proceed once he got the visual gist of how to carve a pumpkin.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 1:14:47 GMT
He didn’t realize he was putting himself in such a perfect position, hovering over Alex’s shoulder; his mind went a little bit fuzzy, as he leaned in and nosed lightly into his hair.

Derailed by a distraction of his own making, he forgot what he was even saying, he pressed a light kiss to the top of Alex’s cheek.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 15:16:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Hm?”

He was wondering why the other man had gone silent, until he felt the peck on his cheek—which in turned colored his cheeks fucking red, right on cue.

Now, if it was just the two of them he wouldn’t mind turning around and engaging right away, but the faint jingling of a crown alerted him that there were virgin eyes in the kitchen and he felt the back of his neck turn red as well, catching fire in the process.

“Not—not in front of the kids!” he hissed with an extremely embarrassed look on his face.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 18:21:57 GMT
Like clockwork, or the world’s most predictable weather pattern, a flush of red sprawled itself across Alex’s cheeks, and his hastily hissed warning made Memo duck his head and laugh into his boyfriend’s shoulder.

“Okay, okay. Um, so what I meant was, instead of punching out the whole Wooloo, maybe just, do a bit here, and a bit here--,” he indicated the spots around the outline with a finger, “--so that we get the silhouette of it? That way it still looks like a Wooloo and not a… void.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 0:57:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I know you want to get it on,” he chuckled quietly as he turned to poke at the spots where he was supposed to carve out the pattern—and hopefully not punch out the entire thing in the process by mistake.

What, he hadn’t carved a pumpkin since… since forever! The only thing he really did with it was strip it down and crush it to prepare a pumpkin pie… or several.

“Alright, here goes… I got nothing like your mad carving skillz, though,” he cackled—deliberately mispronouncing the ‘skills’ on purpose as he began to hack away at the fruity canvas, although with much less finesse as compared to the other.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 1:31:58 GMT
“Don’t say it like thaaaat,” he said, overcome with laughter, shaking with it where he rested against Alex’s shoulder, “it makes me sound like a teenager.”

He pulled his chair up closer and plopped down in it for monitoring purposes.

“I’m sure you’ll do fine with your skillz,” he said, with a gentle roll of his eyes, “and, again, it’s just a pumpkin. I can buy us a hundred.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pumpkin queens [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 1:43:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“We never really got the chance to be proper teenagers, right,” he hummed quietly as he continued hacking away at the front of the pumpkin, realizing with a sobering thought that maybe their ‘shared’ pain was far too close for actual comfort at that point in time.

“So. Why not catch up now?”

The good thing about pumpkins was that regardless of color, they were all the same.

So into the bowl the chunks an innards went as he worked his way through the white pumpkin, slowly but surely carving out the shape of who else, none other than William the Wooloo with the cheesy little crown perched atop his pumpkin-head.