awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 5:30:20 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Fox was fuming. His string of luck had run out and the League’d nabbed him, which was less of a problem than it seemed.

The problem was that they hadn’t incarcerated him properly, the bastards.

Community service. It was an insult to all his hard work. Normally, he’d love to be out here, serving his community-- had done so frequently, in the past, in more ways than one, from picking up litter to killing Rockets.

But Hoenn wasn’t his community. And he didn’t like being forced to do anything.

Adding to the injury of it all, his wee little trash brigade had been assigned th’ fucking head honcho himself, , as their supervisor. Apparently, times were tough and they didn’t have enough bootlickers running around to do what they were told.

Or maybe they were just showing him this little bit of respect, though he doubted it.

He gave the Head Ranger his best deathglare, green eyes flashing in the sunlight.

Freshly sprung from jail and still with the stiffness of sleeping on a metal bench, he found himself leaning on his stupid trash pokey stick, wishing he could fall asleep.

He didn’t realize he was also staring.

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 19:03:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

That was one hell of a ride and a half.

He idly wondered though, why someone among the trash-pickers was giving him the best glare that they could muster—which made him blink.

His mouth had a tendency to run before his brain as of late and he didn’t know why that was so.

“Is there something on my face?” he inquired of the other, blinking and staring back. Not glaring, just—honest to goodness wondering what the hell is going on in this individual’s head.

He really couldn’t help but stare in quiet wonder, though.

“You know, for someone who was so loud and vocal when they got caught, you’re awfully quiet.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 1:36:52 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Ah. His lord commandership had decided to deign him with the honor of his word.

Fox had enough practice acting (and staring into the face of danger) that he passed it off well-- didn’t avert his eyes and startle. Simply let his head fall to the side.

“Oh, don’t mind me, m’lord,” he said, the sarcasm thick in his words, “I was just lost in thought. Say, how much is the salary of a Head Ranger in Hoenn, these days?”

He dropped his gaze and took his trash stabby stick in hand, going about his business of stabbing trash.

“And just how much of it do you spend on hair gel?”

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 11:36:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Why do you ask?” he replied back, eyebrows going up ever so slightly at the question. It was… definitely out of left field, for one thing.

“Oh, this?” he continued as he gestured at his hair with one hand. “Not a single cent spent on the gel. It’s all from product endorsements.”

…don’t get him started on how he got those endorsements, oh my fucking god that was going to be an embarrassing tale if he had to recount that!

“Did you really let yourself be caught, though,” he hummed—not realizing that he’d said that out loud instead of in his head…

Whoops!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 3:09:57 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
One eyebrow went skyward, in almost a direct parallel of the Lord Commander’s own face. “Endorsements?” he parrots, pausing midway to depositing a styrofoam cup in his trash bag. “What, they pay you to put your mug on TV? With what, a lifetime supply of hair product?”

Fox thought if such was the case Lars would be better off doing something more lucrative. Like acting. Although one needs charisma for acting, and not just a handsome face.

Yes, he did just mentally admit that Lars was handsome. He was confident enough in his own self to do so and still be sure of his loathing for the man.

“One would think you would utilize such a resource for the better of the community, as fits your station.” He stabbed a candybar wrapper. “But that may be asking a lot of the vain, it appears.”

Lars’ question makes him throw his head back and laugh-- a genuine shock of laughter, pleased and lilting on the air.

“Of course I did,” he said, through chuckles. “In all honesty, I was hoping you’d deport me. Little did I realize your own government didn’t know what to do about the giant death balloon you were all trapped in.”

Is it the truth? Is it a lie? Fox sometimes outfoxes himself.

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 19:41:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Would you rather go back to Kanto then, where you know you saw what happened and have Team Rocket do even worse to you?”

He… he didn’t really mean to say that, because the reports—at least from the few ex-Rocket members who were also within the Ranger ranks spoke of nothing but absolute terror.

At the mention of the strange thing keeping them all hemmed in, he sighed minutely.

“However, you were caught here, in Hoenn, which means you’re under our jurisdiction, regardless of wherever you came from. So until that disappears… you’re stuck here with us.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 20:14:00 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Fox fixes the head ranger with a look that could kill.

“At least there,” he said, his voice gone cold, “I know who my friends are.”

But he couldn’t go back. Physically, because the dome was keeping them in, and also--

Well.

He stabbed through another piece of trash and deposited it in his bag.

“‘Stuck’ seems a very mild way of putting it,” he mumbles, after the silence has dragged on too long. “What did you do to be put on trash duty, anyway?”

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 21:22:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The glare is met with an equally cold one—for a few seconds at least, however it’s too fast to see—the emerald green flickered red before vanishing as he blinked.

…the temperature around his immediate vicinity dropped several degrees, though.

He was sorely tempted to sass back, but bit his tongue and kept quiet because. Well, wasn’t he supposed to be boring him to death with trash duty?

“We alternate,” he finally answered at last once he’d regained his composure (heh). “Everyone takes turns rotating standard assignments. You thought I just sat in my office all day swamped with tons of paperwork?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 19:48:40 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Fox shivered against the strange temperature shift, narrowing his eyes at the Head Ranger once more in suspicion.

What was that?

“That,”
he said, coldly, “is a generous overestimation of what I think you do on a daily basis.”

He turned away, then, to focus on picking up trash to get out of this hellish situation as fast as possible.

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 19:54:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You think the title has all the glamor,” he continued quietly while staring at him doing his work, “…but alas, unfortunately there’s not much to it. Sure, it’s a nice title to have on paper. But the inevitable mountain of paperwork that comes along with it is part and parcel of everything else.”

Much as he wanted to digitize everything, he knew he couldn’t risk it especially when there were several potential hackers who worked within Team Rocket’s ranks.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:02:16 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
“The title is just a title. It’s the power that has the glamor.”

There was nothing that Lars could say that would make Fox think that he was anything other than a Class A Bootlicker. His boots were just a bit bigger, so everyone underneath him had to do the licking, too.

“Couldn’t pay me to be a link in your little daisy chain.”

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:10:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The laughter that escaped him from the next statement was—unbelievable.

“Unbelievable,” he chortled quietly once the short peal of laughter escaped him. “I can’t believe this. You think I’m a power-hungry idiot, don’t you?”

He couldn’t believe the other man’s audacity.

“I hate to pop your self-assuming bubble, but you’ve got that all wrong.”

He could feel a little twitch spreading across his fingers, but he quelled the urge to actually flash-freeze something small in his palm and chuck it at the other to mess with him. He was extremely volatile as it is.

“Well, it’s either you work with us, or you’re stuck behind bars until your sentence runs out. Which, I believe it to be, is potentially without parole.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:37:42 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
“Oh,” Fox gasped, fingers coming up to hover over his lips, expression flashing aggrieved. “Is it that obvious?” He batted his eyelashes and tilted his head, looking coy. “Oops.”

He’d finally gotten through the armor. Lars was definitely holding back now.

Fox leaned in, eyebrows raised, grin shit-eating and goading.

“Yes, your majesty,”
he said, dipping into a sweeping bow. Lars was pretty good at proving his points for him. It was almost charming.

⚰︎ commitment, act i

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:43:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Do I sound like I’m joking?”

It was like, literally, the ‘am I a joke to you’ meme only this time it was actually happening and holy shit, what a mess and a half this all was!

He wasn’t going to get a rise out of the other man’s goading, though.

“It’s on the paperwork. Either commuted work for the Rangers in exchange for your prison sentence or you go back into the tiny little cell where you came from. And then, if and when Kanto wants you extradited back to the region—we really cannot guarantee your safety anymore because of what they’ve been up to over there lately.”

He let the words hang in the air for a few moments.

“Do you want a copy of the report for yourself to confirm?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
evil contracts [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:17:02 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
If and when Kanto wants you back.

Fox laughs.

“They’d probably kill me,” he says, and his tone suggests he’s really thinking about it. “I can’t actually decide if they would or not.”

Maybe they’d keep him alive. Torture him. It was, anyway, a victory, if only morally, because he just got Lars to admit that he would turn Fox over to be killed probably.

He shucks another stabby-stick full of trash into his refuse bag.

As though this isn't torture enough.

“Fine, fine. Where am I to live during this period of government-mediated indentured labor?”

⚰︎ commitment, act i