snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 1:57:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the crowded ballroom fades away as they disappear into one of the display corridors. here, it's empty of people, blank spaces filled with treasures instead of warm bodies.

and as she stops and turns around, her smile blooms into something more affectionate, more daring than their previous spot could allow.

"how long am i allowed to steal you away, again?"

how long before she has to wait until the end of the night when they're home and free of prying eyes? too long, perhaps, for her liking.

it's for this reason, and a strong sense of impatience she's quite known for, that she steps closer and closes the distance between them. pressed close, arms already rising up to circle around his neck... the type of proximity she kept having to deny.

here, she presses a soft kiss to his lips before even starting to consider a dance.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 5:07:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"As long as you like," He assured her. Whether it be 30 minutes or two hours, after the conversation he had with his coworker, their time could extend forever, and no liability would fall his way.

When she stepped toward him, Felix's lips twitched into a small, gentle smile. A callous hand reached up to her chin, cupping her face, and his thumb drew circles around her blushed cheeks.

"I'm all yours tonight."

The line was something out of a movie he'd seen the night before, alongside and a tub of chocolate chip ice cream. It wasn't something he'd normally say, but for once in his life, Felix wanted to do something different other than the usual.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 5:25:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she has to admit, she likes deviating from the normalcy. even if it’s just for one night, it’s something she holds dear.

he draws little circles around her cheeks. skin heats at the touch and despite herself, morphs into a slightly darker shade.

”just tonight?”

she teases with a faint, underlying purpose. proding without asking the full, actual question feels safer than the alternative.

faintly, an orchestral melody plays from the main ballroom. it becomes a soft, welcome white noise in the background. it prompts another question. this one is different in tune, light and almost shy in contrast.

”would you like to dance?”

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 6:42:29 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A light chuckle came out at her deepening blush. It was always cute to see how dark the shade would go.

"and tomorrow," he added, allowing his other arm to roam down to her lower back, where it would wrap around tightly, pulling her in for one last stolen kiss. From afar, an orchestral melody began to play from the main ballroom, leading her to ask the question he knew would come when that decorative invitation first hit his desk.

"Of course."

Experienced hands find their way into position, one cusping the curve of her back, the other joining her own.

Years of ice skating cultivated into a series of precise movements and effortless coordination. If someone were to watch the way he commanded their dance, or made use of the dancefloor, they would've expected him someone far more refined than a mere security guard.
- personal thanks to for this one

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 1:52:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a promised tomorrow placates her for now, kept satisfied enough to not weasel more time out of him. it'll last until it shatters and what will she do then?

the kiss lingers long after the music lures them away. it persists with a feathery warmth, spreading from head to toe and leaving her a little dazed as he takes her hand into his. the other hand settles at her back and like he's pulling her strings, her free hand settles onto his shoulder.

he leads them into the dance. and despite not being well versed in ballroom dance, it's easy to move with him. he steps, she follows and it repeats until it's in time with the melody and she feels a bright smile overtake her lips.

"is it bad if i don't want to go back to the ball after this?"

it's quiet, as if she's already worn her social battery down.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 5:32:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Together the two created a small pocket dimension in which they could be safe in each other's arms, just dancing the stars away with the world coming to a hushed still.

Head craned over her, he murmured through puffs of husky breaths, "I wouldn't let you go anyways."

For once these words came from his lips and his lips alone. Not from some romantic movie his brother forced him through or some scribbles he'd skimmed online, it was all him.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 5:50:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]truthfully, she'd like to exist in this little pocket dimension for as long as humanly possible. it's safe, comfortable, affectionate.

and with a light sigh of contentment, she shifts to rest her head on his shoulder.

"promise?"

it's easy to ask when she's not looking at him, she realizes, as if she'd lose her nerve if he stared at her long enough. and mostly, it's a soft hope budding in the spaces between them for an unspoken relationship they've cultivated.

she shifts a little closer, holding onto him a little tighter.

"this is all i'd ever need."

in between syllables lies a confession in loose terms. and maybe that's all she needs to explain it because god knows finally unearthing how she burns for him seems like the hardest thing to do.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 15:08:52 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Promise."

The whispered promise was laced together by a ribbon of cherished feelings. Their little dance together had mellowed down to a slow crawl across the polished floor, moving in time with the deeply warm vibrations of the orchestra's cellos and violins.

Illeana, the magnet that she was, kept bathed in a golden iridescent sheen, glimmering brighter with each step they took beneath the high-strung chandelier above their heads. It was what kept Felix's eyes tethered to her for so long -- he wanted to know, just how brightly her radiance would grow to become.

And if it could ever outdo the way he always saw her, since those silly days they'd spent curled up under her parent's knitted cot, listening to noting more than the lull of static to place them asleep.

Even if words failed to describe how he felt, Felix's lively eyes said it all: this is all he's ever wanted.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 5:59:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a whispered confirmation brings with it a swell of warmth and, subsequently, a shift closer into him.

by now, their dance is a slow sort of motion, as if they're dragging it out for as long as possible. each move causes the lights to dance with them, darting around their bodies to bathe them in warmth one way and then the other.

and while he doesn't quite say it in the way she had, keeping her eyes on his produces the same result: a mutual agreement.

it settles her enough in comfortability to begin talking again, as if she wants to state what she's already admitted to in the confines of a cozy restaurant.

"i --"

the words don't quite want to come out. she fumbles over them softly, mouth slightly open and mind resisting.

and in resistance, she finds insecurity. her mouth closes a moment later and her eyes retreat, cheeks flooding with rosy heat.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 21:42:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix pocketed every second they spent together in each other's arms gratefully. It was though, after a series of relentless storms and cracks of thunder, this small moment they spent together was the peeking sun, signifying the dawn of a new day and a new experience to be cherished and spent together.

"You?"

Gentle fingers catch wind of her tender words, cradling them for support. If there was something she wanted to say, then he wanted to hear her through. Carefully, he dragged their bodies to a slow, letting one of his hands break free from the confinements of their dance and cup the point of her chin.

He tilted her chin upward, forcing her eyes to his.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 21:55:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he catches the words, cradling them with a warmth she can't quite ignore. it's soft, gentle, patient.

and when he slows them down a little further, dance moving to a crawling pace, his hand finds her chin and she can't retreat anymore.

her head rises and red drags back to green.

here, she finds hesitation and insecurity building up into a cyclone. what if she says it and it's wrong? what does she do if she's gotten this all wrong?

her voice is barely audible, a soft whisper half drowned out by the music flooding out of the ballroom. and yet, she has a funny feeling he'll hear it regardless, catching it in his hands and holding it up to his ears.

"i love you."

with it out in the open, she lowers her face in an attempt to hide, his fingers on her chin slipping from her awareness.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 5:47:29 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Despite the gentle grip of his fingers around her chin, the scientist managed to drown her head back down, avoiding his gaze. Just in time to miss the soft glimmer that came with her words, and the smile that followed.

A heavy breath heaved out from his chapped lips.

Before he could offer her a reply, he had to ensure one last thing.

One last question to qualm all of the doubt that still wrangled his heart into submission and kept his head abuzz.

"Are you sure?"

Because there was no closing Pandora's box.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 5:57:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]is she?

there's a hesitation that rises quickly, suddenly. it drowns out everything except the thrum of her heartbeat echoing in her ears.

in her anxiety, she had missed the reaction.

and without it, she spirals.

the orchestra continues to play. their melody is persistent in the way it drifts in. it speaks for her softly, eroding her silence until she finds the confirmation.

when she does, her eyes slowly rise back up to meet his. they're soft despite the slight fear around the edges.

"yes, i am."

there is no taking it back.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 22:02:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Those three soft words became her everything.

In one sweeping move, the fingers tracing her chin slid back to the corners of her jaw, bringing her close enough for their lips to meet once more. Though, this time, there were no sweet delicates to his touch. The fervent emotions of the night had taken hold of his instincts, impelling him forward with a kiss that burned with hunger.

Through them, only one whisper would manage to break through.

"I love you too."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wildest dreams
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 2:31:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's certain he's devoured all of her hesitation. well before their lips even meet, really.

it lacks the softness she's grown accustomed to. the gentleness, as if afraid of breaking something unspoken.

her hands knot themselves in his shirt as his own whispered confession looks to overwhelm. in the midst of it all, she's only faintly aware of her mask slipping up into her hair.

and she knows this is dissolving into a more private sort of interaction but she can't help the happy little giggle that escapes in barely there spaces between them.

"you had me worried for a minute there."

now, however, between greedy hands pulling him closer to her and lips traveling to pepper affection across his jawline, she can't remember why she had entertained any doubt.