awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 6:50:46 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"It's nice." Oscar said, tapping his ankle as it rested upon his knee. "I really love what you've done with the space, very official. I'm here for it!" Oscar was currently attempting unprompted small talk with . He had met Felix before, joining him on a fun misadventure not too long ago. A lot has changed since then, Felix had been promoted and now has been entrusted with the SPECTRA initiative by himself...oh Remiel.

Rocket has faced many losses since the Meteno incident, but Remiel's departure hit Oscar hard. Remiel had been a mentor to Oscar, the first admin he really got attached to. His betrayal was a significant tragedy, but at least SPECTRA lived on. Oscar half expected Walsh to disband the initiative purely out of spite, so it was a nice surprise to see Remiel's work continued.

SPECTRA was in good hands with Felix, he was more than deserving to receive Remiel's torch. Yet with the passing of said torch came loose ends and uncertainties, which Felix had called Oscar into his office to straighten out. Oscar had been a member of the SPECTRA initiative, and he was hoping that this meeting would be a discussion on how to continue his membership. 

And you know, not sacking him. It was that possibility that kept Oscar rather frayed, and inclined to awkwardly make comments about Felix's office. "I really enjoy the texture of your desk. Looks very---earthy."
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 23:36:14 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Oscar's attempt at small talk was going as well as it could've had with someone as dull as Felix. Reserved to the bone, to those he hardly interacted with, engaging with conversation beyond your typical work cycle was not something he was well versed in. Still, he made an effort to engage a bit further than normal today.

"Thank you."

Then there was silence.

What more was there to say? Beyond the skeletal structure he'd been given upon his promotion -- a desk, some cabinets, a twin pair of chairs positioned in front of his desk -- there hadn't been many changes made to the office. The only one striking attribute anyone could easily pinpoint was the singular inspiration poster hung up behind him. It was one of standard variety -- just a small sprigattio hanging off from a lone tree branch with bright, bolded lettering above it saying, "JUST HANG IN THERE".

"So."

The beginning to the end. It was time to talk business.

"I've read of your involvements with the previous iteration of SPECTRA," he stated plainly, "But remind me the extent of your involvement with the program.""

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 22:03:40 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar was thankful that Felix wanted to get straight to business, he had run out of things to compliment. His last resort was the motivational poster behind Felix, which while admittedly adorable was not really compliment worthy. 'Gee what a nice poster!', Oscar would have sounded like a tool!

He was more than happy to move on, and nodded as Felix opened their SPECTRA discussion. "Right, I was tasked with providing training to simulate a battle with an Avatar. While not an Avatar myself, Remiel believed that Genesect's sheer strength could simulate the same pressure one would feel while battling a legendary pokemon. I've had a few--successful training sessions in the past. I have yet to perfect it though."

Oscar's training had created promising results, but at the expense of the mental stability of the tested grunts. For some reason, many felt that being hunted by a killer robot was a less than soothing experience. Oscar could not quite find a balance between pushing their boundaries and providing teachable moments, but he was working on it! At least he was when that as still his job in SPECTRA.

On that note, Oscar would continue. "Genesect has been shown to be at the very least capable of confronting a patron legendary one on one, though it has yet to actually defeat one. Regardless, I still believe using Genesect for combat training scenarios to be a valuable experience and resource. It is up to you if it continues, otherwise I am willing to fill any role should you choose to keep me within the SPECTRA initiative." 

Only now did Oscar get slightly nervous, his heartrate quickening as he awaited Felix's response. He did not wish to be kicked out of SPECTRA, but he wondered if Felix would find Oscar as useful as Remiel did. Despite his rising nerves, Oscar remained calm and collected--all thanks to that poster behind Felix.

Yes, he was going to hang in there.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 2:36:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix maintained an unflinching stature of stocism, listening attentively to Oscar's every word. Science, social politics -- none of those worlds ever interested him. They were far too congested with far too much fat, that for someone as straight lace as he, dissecting through it all would be nothing more than another tedious chore to be done.

But training? Raw combat to test the mettle of their grunts? That was something he could actually sink his teeth into.

"Tell me more about the training," he inquired, leaning forward with interest. Were there levels to it? What was the passing rate for average grunts?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 18:46:15 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Felix prompted a question, and Oscar unflinchingly answered. "Volunteers would be placed in a controlled environment and be given a mission to complete. These missions ranged from simple search and seizure to repairing complex machinery. To simulate the stress of combating an avatar in the field, I instructed Genesect to hunt the volunteers as they did their missions. If caught a volunteer would be forcefully relocated back to the starting location, where they could observe the rest of the exercise."

Oscar shifted in his seat, his serious expression unchanging as he attempted to find a more comfortable position. This chair did not provide much lumbar support. "Results were mixed. Volunteers were instructed to act without pokemon or external powers, leaving their own capabilities as their greatest resource. Unfortunately, compared to a Genesect most humans lack the survival skills to complete the training. was the exception, but we both know how useful that information is currently."

Oscar let that statement hang for a bit, he was so disappointed in Johanna's desertion. She had such potential, but it could hardly be helped now. They would just have to hope the league would fail to recognize that potential. Oscar continued, "I was in the middle of reworking the training when Remiel defected. Since then all of my SPECTRA duties have been on hold."

On that note, Oscar waited patiently to hear what Felix thought of this information.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 1:54:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded intently.

Only after Oscar finished explaining did he move to speak. His voice remained leveled as he did so, commanding the weight of position, both within the organization and this ongoing project.

"I'd like you to continue spearheading this training program. I think it would be a great asset to not only SPECTRA, but Rocket as a whole."

But he wondered if more could be done. Were they only limiting themselves by keeping to genesect alone? Did they not have more under their disposal?

"Have you thought of expanding this? Perhaps designing missions utilizing not only genesect. 's Xernas could offer training benefits as well."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 20:25:09 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar felt relief in his chest as Felix delivered his judgement. He was glad to still be on board, and that he did well enough with SPECTRA's first iteration to keep his old job. Oscar nodded assuredly, "Thank you Felix, I will continue to make my greatest effort to create a stronger Rocket."

Felix suggested perhaps using Xerneas for his training regiments as well, and Oscar would rub his chin as he added onto that idea. "I believe Rocket's entire repertoire of legendary pokemon will be useful for training, though they may be unwilling to do so physically. However, I believe there may be a way so that they won't have to." Oscar shrugged and tried not to chuckle as he shook his head, "I'm not much of a coder, but I can learn pretty quick if I can get a hold of some of the League's training sims--you know, to create some simulations of our own."

The league apparently had training sims that allowed high ranking trainers to go up against legendary pokemon, if Rocket could do the same thing it would be invaluable training for their grunts. Oscar tilted his head slightly, "Will continue his training efforts as well? I should chat with him, perhaps we could combine our efforts."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 14:48:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix solemnly nodded along to Oscar's answer, agreeing with every syllable, every thought, every word that came out from his mouth. It made him glad, for all the things did wrong with leaving the organization, he'd done right by bringing onboard.

"Yes."

Another nod punctuated his answer.

"I'd suggest coordinating with him on when shaping these regimens. "

But, other than that...

"That's all I had planned to speak to you about. I'll reach out for updates regarding the result of your meeting with Cross. Til then, is there anything else you'd like to mention or ask?"

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Pressing Forward [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 1:09:52 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Was there anything else? Oscar tapped his chin, his eyes darting around the room as he tried to think of anything else. He was drawing a blank at first, there was nothing that piqued his curiosity nor filled him with doubt. Felix was a capable leader, SPECTRA would be in good hands under his oversight.

Oscar smacked his knees in the universal gesture of, 'Whelp, this has been fun but the trail's a-callin''. He shook his head as he postured to leave, "Nope, nothing comes to mind. You seem to be on top of things so--" Oscar slacked, something popped in his head. His expression turned tense as he settled back into the chair.

"Eh--now that I think about it, I have one concern. How much of the original SPECTRA records did Remiel leave behind? I am worried that he may have taken--sensitive information on his way out."

Remiel had access to a lot of important intel that could possibly ruin the careers of certain individuals. Oscar would feel more at ease if he could tell how fucked he--I mean, these individuals are in that regard.