awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 3:52:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the landscape is as she remembers it. this frozen-over world that was once her own personal hell for several months brings her nothing but horrid memories. so she's not sure why this is where she wanted to see him. 

because this is where she last saw the other him? sobbing over the poisoned form of another her. her mouth is dry; the cold bites her nose, turning it pink. 

her dragons don't quite appreciate the cold so she walks it alone for now, staying by the fringes while she waits for him. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 10:31:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]it does not take him long to arrive. he descends upon the back of his salamence, landing with trained ease before the dragon disappears into a pokeball.

he turns to greet his friend.

"freya."

tugging the scarf around his neck a little tighter, he casts his gaze out at the area around them. how barren. frigid.

"i never knew you liked the cold this much."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 3:17:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i don't," she says flatly, mouth a thin line. as overjoyed as she is to see him - as happy as she will always be to see him - there is a shadow over this meeting. this is not the coming together of age old friends, lost and newly found. this is a battlefield of her choosing. 

this is the realm of her confession. 

"but i became quite acquainted with it several months ago." she pauses. "although perhaps it's more accurate to say a year ago."

her hands are gloved, but that isn't helping much with the cold. her hydreigon fur and feathered jacket helps, but her hands are always cold. it's a miracle she didn't lose any fingers when she was trapped in kyurem's realm.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 16:50:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"i see."

he tugs on his gloves before exhaling, watching his breath turn to frost before fading with the gentle wind.

"while i always appreciate the chance to see you, what did you have in mind today?"

and why here, of all places?
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:48:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"the truth," she says simply. maybe he'll recognize that she's biding time, working up the nerve to tell him about all the way she's fallen from grace. it will be easy when she begins talking. just like it was with king. 

they walk together across that frozen tundra. when they come upon their first body, she looks up and past it, at the formless lumps that dot the frigid landscape. her teeth ache from the cold and from the straining of her muscles. every nerve is on red alert; cortisol courses steadily through her body. 

"i was trapped in this realm before it was brought here," she starts and then she starts at the beginning.

the day of his funeral. when her body was an alien thing with emotions she couldn't process and so she simply didn't. when she dined with their mutual friend and over fine wine and food, discussed this hellbound region's future. 

the thereafter, her furious, desperate cry for help. his gift. 

nature's madness. 

here is where she falters. here is where her mouth stays, throat cracked from talking and from the stinging chill in the air. her brows furrow. "the memories are still...hazy. i was different. parts of me shut down, even more than before. i only wanted two things: to protect him, and to drink from him." she shivers.

endless days spent in training rooms, every minute of every hour putting her body in service to his needs. save, oddly enough, what he found himself insatiably hunting for at the time. that she could never give him.

her frayed mind, grasping at pink tendrils, hungering for more. and here is where the thin line of her mouth quirks, where she talks about beating her head hard enough to, quite literally, knock some sense into her. 

the back and forth. the withdrawals. the realizations. the fragmented mania. the last call to action. her exile in kyurem's realm. 

her other self, artemis, the black-scaled rayquaza's avatar. that they'd been looking for her. and at they, her mouth twists. 

"i found you. but it wasn't you. it was her you." she chuckles. "in another life, we did end up together. and we were happy. they were happy." until her sacrifice; until she pulled the last of the fairy's poison from her veins and he held her as she died in his arms. the last thing she knew was his touch.

like freya should have done for him, in this life.

she does not share her time on the beach with his other self. nor does she share the details of her reuniting with king. she skirts around it, telling him she had nowhere else to go and he took her in, and he protected her, and still protects her now.

"fernando isn't our only enemy." 

with curled fists, she recounts 's transgressions. his sins. and her own attempt on his life. and when she is finished, she exhales and searches his face, deathly afraid of what she might find. 

her eyes are glassy, voice cracking as she whispers, "i'm so sorry."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 9:41:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]inevitably, alexander finds himself slipping behind the mask he's so used to wearing if only to allow him some sliver of a moment to process everything that is being said.

how is he meant to react to all of that? to her downfall, to her salvation, and to her survival.

he slips out of his mask as easily as he had before.

"no, freya, i'm the one who's sorry."

for everything.

"you didn't deserve any of that and i only wish that i could have been here for you. i'm not sure how anyone lives through that but i'm so glad that you did."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 23:20:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her mouth twists in a snarl as she's affronted with apologies and pity. he does not know. he does not know

does he not get that it was her fault? she's no one to blame but herself for her pain and her grief. she let him die and she was still too cowardly to face the consequence of her inaction. 

"i went willingly, alex. everything i did, i did so willingly." if she hadn't gone to fernando in the first place, none of this would have happened. then, maybe, she would have been worthy.

"i've nothing to show for any of it. nothing except a home still lost and blood on my hands." her expression is pained. "yet i don't feel...whole...without violence."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 8:35:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]so much has changed. too much, perhaps, that it feels almost irreparable. what good could he possibly do to save those who have went through unimaginable horrors?

even now, even after all this time, he feels a natural tug towards the role of protector — champion, as though it means something.

he tries his best to understand.

"why? what about violence makes you feel whole?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 2:58:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she laughs a cruel, withered laugh, one that's been sculpted by her tormentor beyond this realm. the frost still scores her cheeks with pinpricks of red. reminders of bodies washed over a frozen shore linger behind every blink. her foot catches on something in her shuffle and it is a body. 

a finger cracks under the toe of her boot and she steps back. it tumbles down the agonized body. she looks away from it, unaffected. 

her answer is an oxymoron - simple in the most complex ways. her soul has always burned with conviction lain by her own hands. 

he'd been there that day when she melted her captor's flesh. when she watched it bubble and smoke and char, heard the bones crack and whistle after the screeching stopped. she has always known violence.

"did i ever tell you how my mother died?" she says. "not sophia. my birth mother.

she blinks. they couldn't afford doctors or hospitals or proper food. her mother was a malnourished waif, clinging to life in hopes of doing right by her daughter, and the man she loved. a man too weak to take care of her.

"childbirth." it's been long enough she doesn't blame herself anymore. it was the morningstars, actually, who turned her attention to the actual culprits. corporate greed, inefficient healthcare, and a region that does not serve for the good of its people.

but still.

"i came into this world fighting. i've always known i'm meant to leave it the same way."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 16:14:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"you didn't."

and he had respected her enough to allow her that privacy, to turn a blind eye to her secrets and truths and lies. maybe if he hadn't been then he would've known the true extent of her vigor.

"i disagree. there is more to life than just fighting and bloodshed. there is beauty and love and sacrifice."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 4:29:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"death hasn't changed you," she says wistfully. and it has. in so many ways, it has. but it has not changed his spirit. it has not scarred his soul. bright as it is bathing her in absolution, she can only shy away. she shudders into her hydreigon-feathered cloak. 

"but you're right. and i have found them again - beauty and sacrifice." softer, "love."

she looks down at her hands. "and so i cling tenaciously to this life, like i haven't before. i tell you this because i need you to know i'm still...me when i become that monster. and that i'll still be me when -

"when i kill ."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 4:42:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]but death has changed him, just not enough to alter who he is as a person. his spirit, his belief—they live on just as he does now.

beauty, sacrifice, love.

"as have i," he replies, softer.

his heart sinks when she singles out her target.

"freya..."

and how he wishes to save her from this path even when he knows he can't. but he will try; he will try until his dying breath.

"death isn't always the answer. it is not up to us to decide fates."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 23:36:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

here is her white knight, the hand outstretched she'd yearned for after months of torment. a sickening spiral of self-inflicted immolation. how long had she burned and burned and burned?

"yes, it is," she says. she sweeps her arms out around her. "we change our fates every day, alex. hell,  changed yours. she brought you back from the dead. how is what i aim to do any different?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
barren
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 2:50:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"it isn't any different."

which is exactly his point.

"i never wanted to be brought back, freya. i know i should be grateful that she changed my fate, i know that, but i never wanted it."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
barren
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 2:57:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"and i'm sure matias doesn't want to be dead," she snaps back, frustrated. there is an angry, hateful glimmer in her eyes now and it radiates from her in waves as she turns sharply on her heel and stalks right up to him. 

"tough shit, alex." here is that wildfire, that callous set to her jaw, flames stoked but not run rampant - harnessed, like 's taught her. 

"if you're not happy to be back, know that i'm happy you're alive. and let that be enough until you find your own happiness again." the kerosene burns up and she softens. "i'll say it as many times as i need - i'm here. and i'm going to get you through this."