Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:25:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Up until now, Isaac's gym battles had been in the public eye. From humble starts against to explosive spectacles in 's gym, each challenge was bigger, flashier, and more dramatic than the last.[break][break]

More importantly, each also had more spectators watching.[break][break]

Perhaps it would be both a surprise and a disappointment when Isaac's final challenge was set up behind closed doors. There would be no explosive climax to his ascent. There would be no grand moment where he hoisted his last badge high and said "next step, the Champion Assessment!" The revolution would not be televised.[break][break]

Maybe if the shadow of Rocket didn't linger over the region, he'd be out there drinking in the adoration. The spotlight he'd always longed for was right at his fingertips. Yet now that his dream was in reach, Isaac forced himself to reject it. After all, this was never what it was about for him.[break][break]

Isaac was here to learn what each gym leader had to teach. Today's lesson may well have been one not suited for the public eye.[break][break]

Cian. One of Rocket's most noteworthy traitors. A man for whom the manhunts for Remiel and Rowan looked tiny by comparison. Of all the people Isaac associated with in the shadows, this may have been his most dangerous connection yet. If the League found out who he was, everything he fought for would come crumbling down. If Rocket found out who he was challenging, the interrogation surely wouldn't be pleasant.[break][break]

Yet maybe, just maybe, this heavy risk would come with the greatest of rewards.[break][break]

At the doors of Rustoboro Gym, Isaac prepared for a date with destiny.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 14:03:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cianbase"]
[attr="class","cian1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

unaware of 's affiliation, he approaches today's challenge with the same air he does with any other challenge—light and breezy and friendly.[break][break]

"yo, yo!"[break][break]

despite his friendly demeanor, he does not feel comfortable enough to give them a bro hug. he offers a handshake instead.[break][break]

"didn't keep you waiting long, did i? or maybe that's just one of my many, many tactics."[break][break]

he does not have many. quite the opposite, actually.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]
[attr="class","cianpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.cianbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#cbb898;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 17:37:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Cian couldn't be more casual. Isaac wondered if he even knew the mental war raging inside of him right now. Hell, did Cian even know where he came from? A lot of Rocket fronts had crumbled in the wake of his turn, and had been sure he knew enough about Rocket that he needed to start being more careful about the Howling. But did that mean he knew all of the grunts?[break][break]

Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. But the best thing Isaac could do right now is go with the flow. He returned Cian's handshake with a winning smile.[break][break]

"Well, if you're already breaking out the bag of tricks, then this is gonna be one fun fight," Isaac teased. "Shall we?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 3:57:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"let's do it."[break][break]

not wasting any time, the two make their way through the hallway and into the main battling area of the gym. the rotoms that usually float around the space are all deactivated, powered down to allow them the privacy of a closed battle.[break][break]

two pokeballs roll off his palm, and from it comes two pokemon along with a dry DROUGHT.[break][break]

"whenever you're ready, my guy!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 4:13:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]On the surface, a Drought seemed like the worst option possible for Isaac's team. As he rolled his Pokeballs out onto the battlefield, Polaris the Cyrogonal sure didn't seem to appreciate it. The icy wisps that made up its face lowered, forming a pair of furrowed brows that were practically asking Isaac "really?"[break][break]

"Sorry, buddy. One in four chance," he said, shrugging. "Just means we're gonna have to take 'beat the heat' literally. 'Sides, you've always got your special trick." An Ice type learning Solar Beam wouldn't be that helpful in this matchup, but if one of those fire types got cheeky and tried to Tera up it could come in clutch.[break][break]

Grimace didn't mind the heat nearly as much. Instead, he started hopping up and down in a motion similar to his Scorbunny foe, his stumpy legs and flopping head making him look absolutely ridiculous.[break][break]

"Let's do this," Isaac said, taking his space behind his Pokemon. He wasn't sure if he even had any business taking on badge 6 out of 6. He wasn't sure if he even had any business facing off with who many Rockets considered the first domino in the recent treason cascade. He wasn't sure where he even belonged. But there was nothing like a gym badge on the line to clear his head, if only because he needed to. "Best of luck!"[break][break]

It was a perfect mirror match, a brawler and a mage to a side. Knowing that it was in the same shoes as the Ninetales, Polaris decided to make Grimace's half of the job easier. The sun caught its many shimmering facets, focusing them into a Confuse Ray aimed right towards the Scorbunny. With any luck, that would daze and disorient it before it could start running any interference.[break][break]

In response, Grimace charged forward. For such a bulky creature, he moved with startling agility. Its head would rear back, as if preparing for a melee strike. However, the smash never came. Instead, when its head swung forward, it released a blast of concentrated prehistoric energy from its mouth. Ancient Power surged through its veins as it struck, just the mere act of attacking putting a little more pep in Grimace's step.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Polaris the Cryogonal uses Confuse Ray on Cian's Scorbunny.[break]
Grimace the Dracovish looks ready to swing, but instead launches an Ancient Power at Cian's Ninetales.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 8:18:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

and so the challenge begins.[break][break]

"good luck to you too!"[break][break]

it starts with a CONFUSE RAY, one that's quickly mirrored by ninetales' own as it attempts to confuse the dracovish.[break][breka]

"leap up to avoid it!"[break][break]

scorbunny, understanding the threat of being confused, BOUNCES high up into the air.[break][break]

that leaves ninetales to deal with the ANCIENT POWER on its own.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 17:26:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Grimace was confused. In other news, he'd successfully been hit by a Confuse Ray.[break][break]

A primal gargling escaped the Dracovish's throat as he was taken back to an era long since past. Isaac had no idea what he was seeing, but he knew that gargle meant one of two things. Either what he saw enraged the apex predator, or it frightened him.[break][break]

"C'mon, Grim! Snap out of it!" Isaac called, but to no avail. The Dracovish wound himself into a Brutal Swing with extra force, his head smashing everywhere like a rogue tetherball. In this state, he was as much a danger to himself as he was the Ninetales standing before him.[break][break]

Luckily, Polaris was both aware and unchecked. The Cryogonal flew beneath the rising Scorbunny and towards the Ninetales' flank. From there, he'd sail past in a makeshift bombing run, peppering the Ninetales with a broadside of Ancientpowered blasts.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Grimace the Dracovish is confused. He flails wildly, his own Brutal Swing giving him some killer whiplash.[break]
Polaris swoops in to flank, launching his own Ancientpower at Ninetales.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 4:41:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

unwilling to take two ANCIENT POWERS, ninetales is forced to leap out of the way, its fluffy tails barely avoid being grazed by the attack.[break][break]

ninetales continues running, NASTY PLOTTING its next move.[break][break]

scorbunny's small frame allows it to weave between the wild BRUTAL SWINGS. sped up with a QUICK ATTACK, scorbunny rams into one of dracovish's legs, hoping to take it to the ground.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 5:08:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac could see the aura of malice starting to radiate from around the Ninetales. If it was allowed to formulate Nasty Plots like that unchecked, it could end up turning into quite the powerhouse. "Careful, Polaris!" Isaac warned.[break][break]

Luckily, the Cryogonal already had a plan. Having chased the Ninetales for long enough to get a sense of its pacing, it aimed its Confuse Ray a little bit further ahead from its previous AncientPowered assault. By leading its shot like this, it aimed to break the tempo of their current chase and score a direct hit.[break][break]

Grimace was in a lot less control of his own situation. His wild, aimless strikes were easily avoided by the Scorbunny, allowing it to retaliate with a harsh Quick Attack to the leg. For a moment, the Dracovish's leg buckled, the force of his own swinging head leaving his other leg precariously wobbling.[break][break]

However, the pain had provided an opportunity in its own right. Grimace's long, flexible neck shot towards the impact site. His gaping jaws further distended, revealing rows of razor-sharp teeth. His Fishious Rend bore down on the Scorbunny at great speeds, all while the coils of his thick, flexible body walled his target in.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Polaris the Cryogonal fires a Confuse Ray and leads the shot, hoping Ninetales' momentum will carry it into the attack.[break]
Grimace is hit by the Quick Attack and, still confused, lashes out at the impact site with a Fishious Rend.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:28:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]as ninetales succumbs to the CONFUSE RAY, momentarily, it feels as though the playing field has leveled once more. with both parties CONFUSED, he formulates a plan.

but it comes too late.

"oops—hopps!"

scorbunny slips right under the incoming FISHIOUS REND. the aftermath of the impact remains to be seen as it's swiftly recalled.

down to one.

"snap out of it!"

ninetales fires off a wild FIRE BLAST at where it thinks the cryogonal is.
[attr="class","ciantag"]
[newclass=.cian] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.cianmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ciantag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.cian b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.cian a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cianpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 13:30:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was a direct hit. Perhaps a bit too direct. Grimace's head barreled into his side as quickly as it had barreled into Hopps. It was becoming clear to Isaac if, were Grimace to stay confused any longer, he'd end up wearing himself down with his own wild strikes.[break][break]

Worse still, Cian's Ninetales had met its mark. Isaac could only watch as a brilliant plume of flame washed over Polaris.[break][break]

He sighed in relief as he saw the first plumes of shimmering light sneak out from between the flames. The Light Screen held firm, giving a sweating, wobbling Polaris all the cover he needed as he flew away from the situation.[break][break]

Two on one meant good odds, but both of his Pokemon were hurting. If he wasn't careful, this could end in disaster.[break][break]

It was time for a tide turner.[break][break]

Isaac fished his Tera Orb out of his pocket, the sphere of polished stone radiating a dusty brown glow. "Let's show 'em what you're made of, Grim!" Isaac said as his Dracovish was swallowed up by the light.[break][break]

When the light shattered away like breaking glass, Grimace's entire body was encased in brown crystal. Patterns almost resembling a spine and ribcage stuck out along the facets, and his head seemed to be encased in a helmet of crystal skull.[break][break]

As Grimace opened his eyes, his confusion was gone. The sharp focus of an apex predator took its place.[break][break]

Grimace's head swayed back and forth as he approached the Ninetales, looking for all the world like a cobra preparing to strike. He faked a lunging bite to the Ninetales' right, then turned to spew a Tera Blast of crystalline bone at its flank.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
A desperate Light Screen keeps Polaris in the fray, barely.[break]
Polaris is on its last nonexistant leg. Grimace is weakened from Confusion induced wear and tear.[break]
Isaac used Terastalization on Grimace to clear his confusion.[break]
Grimace feints a bite before spewing a Tera Blast at Ninetales.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 11:53:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]unfortunately, the TERA ORB in his possession can only be used by a select few on his team. the ninetales is not one of them.

"we can tera as well, no worries!"

but what he retrieves from his pocket isn't anything more than a soft plushie. he tosses it on the field, watching it roll along the ground as a TERA BLAST flies past.

it strikes ninetales, both damaging while also snapping it out of its confusion. immediately, its tails curl, summoning a burst of FIRE BLAST up close.
[attr="class","ciantag"]
[newclass=.cian] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.cianmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ciantag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.cian b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.cian a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cianpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 13:24:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]In the face of the inferno, Grimace's entire body tensed up like a spring. Black smoke pushed against the shimmer of the Light Screen. A collision was inevitable. There was far too little room for Grimace to dodge.[break][break]

Instead, as he was swallowed up in the blaze, he came bursting out jaws first.[break][break]

Once more, Polaris' earlier tactics paid dividends. With the Tera diminishing his resistance, and the sun baring down overhead, that much heat would have flash fried Grimace otherwise. Instead, his defenses bolstered by the light, he was able to push through by the skin of his teeth.[break][break]

And now, the skin of his teeth was coming for Ninetales.[break][break]

This time, the point of his Fishious Rend was less as a powerhouse strike and more as a positioning tool. If he was able to hold the Ninetales in place, it would have far less chance to dodge when Polaris rained Ancientpower down from above.[break][break]

All the while, Isaac cocked an eyebrow at Cian's . . . interesting choice of tactic. Luckily, the plush didn't seem to be a smoke bomb or anything like that. But if his shot at his sixth gym badge somehow ended by surprise plushie, he'd never live it down.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Grimace pushes through the Fire Blast. Its painful, but the Light Screen on Isaac's team lets him tank through.[break]
Grimace aims to grapple Ninetales with a Fishious Rend.[break]
Polaris bombards Ninetales with Ancientpower from above.[break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 16:03:54 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]the combined attacks are enough to drown the ninetales. it slumps to the ground, defeated only to be recalled back into its pokeball.

"well..."

he clears his throat as he approaches.

"...done! well done, challenger. you've definitely earned this."
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Cianset [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:00:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]And just like that, it was over.[break][break]

Polaris zoomed underneath the nearest shady corner, refusing to spend another second under the sweltering heat. The poor thing was sweating up a storm, a trail of water dripping in its wake. Isaac sent Watson out to help, the ever-dutiful Totodile pumping up his Cryogonal pal with the fountain of an ice cold Hydro Pump.[break][break]

Grimace, despite his exhaustion, began running in circles. Even when his body flopped to the ground, he just kept pumping his little legs and gargling in a private victory celebration. Isaac was starting to wonder if the mismatched apex predator even knew how to sleep.[break][break]

As Cian approached, he approached to meet him. "You did a hell of a job out there, too," Isaac said, returning his handshake and accepting his badge. "We gotta do this again sometime."[break][break]

For all members of Rocket cursed his name, for all the tale of the Mahers became a tragedy whispered through the sub, Isaac was stunned to find just how normal Cian was. He was a goofball with a well trained team and the support of the people of Hoenn behind him. He was just a guy.[break][break]

Maybe that was all he needed to be, too.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]