477 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
gamble
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 15:21:33 GMT
parker jones Avatar

oh, nomi texts her back almost immediately. and DID SHE SAY TOSES? oh, good. nomi figured it out. lavender? parker likes the smell of lavender. her body wash and shampoo is more masc, but every once in a while, when her shoulder's bothering her, she'll soak in the bath with some lavender salts. 

oh, wonderful. now she's thinking about sharing a lavender bath salt bath with nomi.

and completely forgetting where she is, 'cause she's grinning like an idiot down at her phone. she is completely oblivious to the emotional turmoil going on in isaac's brain. which is fine. she's not equipped to deal with that anyway. 

cygne bothwell. 

yay! they're in the clear! they don't match! she looks up from her phone and over to isaac's, giving an appreciative whistle. her brows furrow as he swipes through the photos though, because she misses that and then has to remind herself she's never had that

parker flicks her phone screen off and sets it facedown on the bar. she kicks her barstool up, balancing on the back legs with her hands steadied on the bar top.

"wish these missions 'ere always like this, man. kinda nice not bein' a solo act for once."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
gamble
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 16:20:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Maybe it was with . Maybe it was with Millie. But Isaac's new friend already seemed much happier, and right now that was what mattered.[break][break]

"They could be," Isaac said, letting out a thoughtful hum. For all the lone wolves out there in Rocket, there was a lot of emphasis on working together as a well oiled machine. That seemed like half the point of those upcoming SPECTRA exams.[break][break]

But was that how Isaac wanted things to be?[break][break]

He thought of , and how when he recommended her to for SPECTRA he had her commit an act that still haunted her. He thought of , equally haunted, this time by acts of his own volition. He thought of @scarlet and how she'd been warped from someone endearing and earnest to her worst impulses given form.[break][break]

He thought of , still paying the price of his escape. He thought of , who may never get the chance to.[break][break]

He thought of , who embedded herself right into the heart of darkness.[break][break]

He thought of , and the warnings he'd been given by Maldacena's accursed app. How desperately he tried to repress them, because he knew he couldn't handle if they were true.[break][break]

A part of him wondered if she'd be safer as a lone wolf. His own loved ones had turned into barbed shackles.[break][break]

What he wouldn't give for every job to be like this. Punching up against rich assholes and a failing government. Victimless crimes to find security in a world that had given him none. The Rocket Isaac thought he knew.[break][break]

That hope died on Mt. Pyre.[break][break]

"And, hey. If that date goes well, I'm sure you won't be flying solo for long."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
477 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
gamble
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 4:40:59 GMT
parker jones Avatar

they could be? not ever, ever in her experience. granted, this is a little out of her wheelhouse. rocket missions are for jack-of-all-trades grunts or folks strapped for cash. parker wouldn't say she gets paid well, but it's enough, and she lives modestly. more than modestly. she'd slept on an air mattress until recently because she couldn't justify the cost.

her dumpster mattress isn't really a step up, now that she thinks about it. and she'd be mortified to tell nomi - hold your mudsdale, parker. fuck.

the alcohol's really chug-chug-chugging its way through her brain right now. she wobbles on the stool, snickers to herself, and her phone gives a buzz. her stool's front legs slam down and she reaches for the screen while isaac ponders. 

is grinning like a fool and is thinking of nomi in her New Bikini when isaac talks again. her eyes light up. 

"it will! 'cause you're gonna help me. since i'm shit at this. and if it goes wrong, i'll just hate ya the rest of my life. howzat sound?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
gamble
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:04:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac raised an eyebrow at Parker's judgment. She'd apparently landed someone stunning for a decent length of time. She had girls sliding into her DMs. And now she was all smiles over whatever big chat was going on in her texts. The girl had game, whether because she knew what she was doing or just because she was shredded.[break][break]

Ah well. Isaac knew all too well that self-assessment was the first thing to go when the drinks flowed.[break][break]

"So, what? I'm your sidekick now?" Isaac teased. His eyebrow was already quirked up, and being press-ganged into wingman duty sure didn't give it any cause to settle down.[break][break]

He let the question hang just a question. Then that cheeky smirk spread across his face, his mission accepted. "You're lucky I had a blast hanging out with ya," he said, holding out a fist for a bump. "You're on. Shoot me a text when its time to get down to business, alright?"[break][break]

If his intuition had been right, he'd be helping two birds with one stone. How could he say no to that?

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights