verdant [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:22:41 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minicharwrap"]

[attr="class","minicharh"]

- berry patch kids

[attr="class","minicharentry"]

When Fox’d made his AmiGo profile he’d been three vodka tonics in and alone on a Friday night. Insert the meme here.
[break][break]
Who would have thought it would have turned into a date! Not a date date, obviously… more like a lesson. was curious to learn about foraging in the region, and Fox just so happened to be cataloging Hoenn’s fungi, algae, and mosses.
[break][break]
“Hoenn is a great place for foraging because it’s so tropical,” he explained, reaching out with a gloved hand to pluck a low-hanging Pecha berry off its tree. “Obviously, you have your normal width and breadth of berries; but there are also a lot of edible fungi, roots, and shoots.”
[break][break]
The grove around them was full of a variety of berry bushes and trees.
[break][break]
“This started as a cultivated project, but it quickly bloomed out of control and spread to the surrounding areas. Hoenn’s warm winds and wet, nutritious soil, plus its annual rainfall and permanent summer, make it perfect for growth.”

[attr="class","minicharf"]

[newclass=.minicharwrap]width:520px;font-family:poppins;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap blockquote]box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap img]float:none;border:none;background:none;box-shadow: none;margin: 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap hr]margin:-5px 135px 33px 135px;color:#333333;box-shadow:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh]text-align:right;margin:-10px 0px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px;text-transform: uppercase;letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharf]text-align:center;width:490px;margin:-20px 0px -25px -54px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry]line-height:17.5px!important;padding:35px 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry b]letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry u]color:#cecece;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
verdant [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 4:33:46 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

As Faelan talked, Yujin sketched away in a notebook.[break][break]

She was neither a digital nor analog person. The best tool is the one that strictly obtains the best results.[break][break]

That being said, some of the doodles… went off on a tangent. Faelan’s face made a few debuts, but they were just as clinical as the depictions of bulbous berries or tri-speckled mushrooms or half-hewn roots—clinical and cold, like a composite drawing.[break][break]

“If you had to give a generalization, Mr. Foxgrove,” she said with a bemused smile, “what are the major things I should look for in inedible or poisonous offerings?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
verdant [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 20:51:44 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]

- berry patch kids

She asked for a generalization and Fox made a face, turning away from her to squint into the sun in thought.
[break][break]
“That’s no small task,” he said, bending to run a gloved hand through a small patch of weeds that all looked nigh-identical. “But I guess the first rule would be If you don’t know it, don’t eat it. Or touch it with your bare skin.”
[break][break]
All poisonous plants (and Pokemon species, of course) ended up that way because of evolution, and evolution’s prime catalyst for change was survival.
[break][break]
“The second rule to follow-- in a generalized context, of course-- is that ‘bright and flashy’ generally means unsafe. Hemlock, oleander, foxgloves, yew, and a whole host of other toxic plants are bright and look pretty. It’s why they end up in gardens or, for the unknowing forager, in salads.”
[break][break]
That wasn’t always the case, of course. Thistles and nettles, for example, looked much the same as your garden-variety (pun intended) grasses and dandelions. But. she’d asked for general.
[break][break]
“For mushrooms and fungus, avoid anything with a red cap, white gills, a skirt or ringed stem, or bulbous base.” Fox swept hair behind his ear, slightly agitated. “I feel like I’m doing you a disservice by not-- explaining. It’s hard to apply rules to nature.”

[newclass=.minicharwrap]width:520px;font-family:poppins;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap blockquote]box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap img]float:none;border:none;background:none;box-shadow: none;margin: 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap hr]margin:-5px 135px 33px 135px;color:#333333;box-shadow:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px;text-transform: uppercase;letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharf]text-align:center;width:490px;margin:-20px 0px -25px -54px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry]line-height:17.5px!important;padding:35px 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry u]color:#cecece;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
verdant [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 2:51:44 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

The first rule arrives as expected.[break][break]

“Difficult, when one knows nothing,” she chuckled.[break][break]

“I feel like I’m doing you a disservice by not-- explaining. It’s hard to apply rules to nature.”[break][break]

“That is quite alright. Nature is regularly irregular. I don’t expect to walk away from this lesson as a new authority on biology.”[break][break]

The rolling hills of Verdanturf were peaceful. The birds had diverse plumages while the marsupials grew lazy and fat. With a casual sweep around the grove, Yujin could perhaps put three separate tidbits of Faelan’s knowledge to immediate, practical use.[break][break]

The diagrams continue.[break][break]

“I deal with geology a fair amount in my work. There are many rules in how rock and crystal form and grow. It can be beautiful.”

[break][break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
verdant [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 18:54:14 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[nospaces]

- berry patch kids

Fox dropped a shoulder and gave her an apologetic smile. “Sorry. You can take the man out of the lecture hall but, it seems, you can’t take the lecture out of the man.” How many hours had he spent in front of a Powerpoint talking to bright young minds and feeling like it was his job to pass down this knowledge to the next generation (even if they were all similar in age?)
[break][break]
The proximity to a long-ago life disheartens him, and he skates away from it by reaching down beyond the soft, down spines of a stinging nettle and grabbing it close to the root.
[break][break]
Miss Ha identified herself as a geologist, and Fox’s eyes lit up. He stood, pulling the nettle from the soil, shaking off clods of it as he tapped the root clump against his pants.
[break][break]
“Ooh, that sounds fascinating. Perhaps you could give me a lecture.” He grinned and tucked the nettles in his pouch, moving on in search of more flora. His tone was genuine and warm, and revealed the innate desire to learn in him that nothing-- not years of blood fighting Rockets back home or a lifetime of inner turmoil-- could ever truly burn out. “Such as, when to lick rocks, and when not to.”

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
verdant [m, c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 2:57:02 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her head tilted to the side ever so slightly. His biography on the app had offered some tidbits—far more than the average h/bimbo two-liner throwaway joke followed by eggplant emoji or whatever—but his natural manner offered all sorts of information.[break][break]

“Oh! Were or are you a professor? You have the perfect last name for it. Professor Foxgrove.” [break][break]

Couldn’t have rolled off the tongue better if she tried.[break][break]

Yujin put her sketchpad down, matching her leafy counterpart in easygoing countenance. “Normally I would say ‘touch to your heart's content’, but with everything going on here lately, I suppose… don’t lick anything that glows?”[break][break]

The league had her on mining overtime lately. Tera crystals were one thing, the ultra deep sea was another. It wasn’t a glamorous job, which is why it paid so much.

[break][break]