Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 1:42:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac wasn't the only one who had been emboldened by his time in Galar. Eris was the last person he'd expected to ask him about the water. The last time they'd even gotten close, the poor girl practically had a panic attack. But that was then. This was now.[break][break]

"Now" being the hottest month of the year probably helped.[break][break]

Naturally, Isaac agreed. Eris could ask him anything short of "can I please have some smokes this time?" and he'd agree. However, despite being the one whose idea it was in the first place, Eris sure had a lot of terms in mind. She wanted to go from Ever Grande City, which, sure. The further from Rocket, the better. She also wanted to keep it to a nice, simple sailboat, instead of something more intense like kayaking. Again, alright.[break][break]

Her final term was that they needed to dress in pirate outfits. That was gonna be the tricky part.[break][break]

And yet, here Isaac was, sitting on Ever Grande's docks in a garb fit for an officer of the ship. Apparently, captain was taken. So was first mate. Ah well. Isaac wasn't in this for glory on the high seas. He was in it to help someone important to him gently hop over a hurdle that had haunted her for far too long.[break][break]

For the time being, he watched the sailboat he rented bob up and down by the water's surface. The seas were smooth. The breeze was gentle and refreshing. The sun hung proud and high in the sky, covered by just enough clouds to make the heat less unbearable. It was a perfect day to go sailing.[break][break]

Noe he'd just have to hope Eris wouldn't get cold feet.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 11:11:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's with the heaviest of hearts that is greeted, a weary League officer walking towards the port wearing a hat with a rather obnoxiously coloured plume. And in his wake, a proud Luxray sporting a skull-patterned bandana around his neck, a toothy grin shining at the men as he yowls.[break][break]

But where exactly is the star of the show? The officer raises his glasses by just that bit to pinch his nose, waving out towards the opposing dock as a familiar voice roars out.[break][break]

"Slackin off, are ye, me bosun?!"[break][break]

Fog rolls over the goldened sea, a strange sight emerging from the veil like a prized cryptid - A rather small captain standing proud atop... a stack of 7 rafts, all haphazardly tied together by ropes and sailor knots. A four-leaf clover is emblazoned upon her feathered tricorn, a sharp grin barely mismatched by an accusatory finger pointed right at Isaac.[break][break]

With iridescent Chatot gracefully circling around her, she gazes at the distance between the two boats, shifting a foot back and lowering her posture. Then she begins to run, swinging her arms forward with her stride and letting the peak take her up as she makes that leap of faith. And though she nearly misses the edge, Reiner is there to catch her, wrapping his tail around her arm and pulling her on board with that look of sheer disbelief at her stupidity.[break][break]

Before he can begin to lecture her - or the league official included - she straightens up, looking to Isaac with both fists rested upon her hips.[break][break]

"Is the ship all stocked up for her journey?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission || outfit

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 13:47:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Even by Eris standards, this was absurd.[break][break]

Eris' vessel seemed less seaworthy and more like a child's idea of precautions. If one raft would keep her safe in an emergency, seven rafts would keep her seven times as safe. Only a terrifying amount of rope kept the whole conglomeration from exploding the second it hit the water.[break][break]

And only Reiner and Isaac's quick intervention stopped Eris from doing the same. The two scooped her up onto the sailboat before she could faceplant right into the starboard.[break][break]

"Slackin off! Slackin off!" confirmed a voice from the bove. Isaac sighed, wishing he knew Eris would be bringing a Chatot of her own. Then he could've saved himself the headache and left Polly Roger at home. She touched down on the ship's bowspirit, preening at her feathers and cackling all the while.[break][break]

Despite the insubordination from his own crew, Isaac simply shot Eris a smile. "All stocked up and ready to go, captain," he said, because he knew if Eris didn't insist on that she'd find an even more ridiculous title to insist on. "Anything else you need before we set sail?"[break][break]

Maybe, for once, the two could just have a nice day together.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 3:46:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Captain... she likes how he commits to the bit and brings her little fantasies to life through the smallest of gestures. If only they could be a real pirate crew, commanding a large sky ship from her bedtime stories and crossing the great oceans of clouds up above.[break][break]

"Hush ye squawkers!" She barks at Isaac's Chatot, giving that very same stern look to Charon. "We've a whole bay to explore today and a whole bunch of treasure to find! No time for dawdling!"[break][break]

Reiner snorts at the very notion. As if her little stunt of seven rowboats couldn't be considered as such. And he'll watch as she points to the horizon where the ocean meets the sky, readily untying the ropes and giving their accompanying officer on the docks a brief nod.[break][break]

"Hoist the sails! We gotta be back before the depths swallow the sun whole!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 2:10:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Polly Roger simply turned to Isaac, smugly preening herself. "Hush, ye! No dawdling!" she parroted, somehow finding a way to turn Eris' own criticism onto her trainer. Sometimes, Isaac wondered why he even bothered to catch that mangy old bird.[break][break]

Still, if his captain commanded it, and his parrot insisted on it, then Isaac would get right to it. He helped Eris untie the ropes and set the rigging and the sails, slowly but surely turning their docked craft into something far more seaworthy. With a final tug, the sail unfurled with a flourish, sending their boat shooting out into the sunkissed sea.[break][break]

"And here we go!" Isaac called, pointing dramatically towards the horizon as he stood atop the bow.[break][break]

The seas were wide open and sparkling. There was barely a cloud in the sky. Even Polly Roger had briefly hushed up, content to touch down in the crow's nest and make a home for herself up there. The maiden voyage of the H.S.S. We Kind Of Forgot To Name This was off to a spectacular start. There hadn't even been any errant water splashing onto the deck yet![break][break]

The day was going exactly as perfect as Isaac had hoped.[break][break]

Why did that worry him so much?

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 4:28:52 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's never a matter of if things will go wrong, but rather when it will. When the sun smiles kindly upon their voyage, when the winds bless their sails, they are carried out of the harbour as the waves gently rock their ship. For now, there seems to be no danger as far as the eye can see, no pack of hungry Jellicent attempting to swarm around their boat for unfortunate souls thrown overboard.[break][break]

"Can you hear it?" Her Chatot is quick to settle upon her shoulder, earning the irate growl from Reiner as he swats at Charon with his tail. And Eris allows it to happen, gracefully untangling herself from the brawl of feathers and claws as she pulls a telescope from her pocket. "The voices from the shore?"[break][break]

Her fingers press light against the carvings, tracing her initials as a smile tugs at the corners of her lips.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 1:45:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"From this far out?" Isaac tilted his head, not entirely sure he was able to pull it off from this far away. Nevertheless, he leaned to the side of the boat, squeezing his remaining eye shut. "Lemme give it a try."[break][break]

It took a little bit of time to pick the murmuring of the crowds out from the pounding of the waves. Nevertheless, they drifted along on the sea breeze, a quiet cacophony of everything the summertime shores had to offer. Children laughing. Pokemon calls. Beach bros hyping each other up as they competed. It was like the warmth of the human experience in a tiny, audible package.[break][break]

Yet the merriment of the shores wasn't the only thing Isaac had heard.[break][break]

Creaking driftwood. Harsh, choppy waters. Laughter of a far less mirthful variety. Something was going on further down the ocean, and Isaac wasn't so sure he liked the sound of it.[break][break]

"Maybe we should sail this way, Captain," Isaac said, pointing in the direction away from the faintly audible conflict. Hopefully, Eris wasn't in a contrarian mood today. The last thing he needed was for her to get in over her head in what could only be a pirate invasion.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 2:08:55 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"No, silly." Idle fingers drum on the body of her telescope. "The answer is no. 'Cos we're pirates and a pirate is free! No one's gonna be out here to boss us around except for ourselves!"[break][break]

As fearful as she is of drowning, the sea truly is a wonder. As an explorer in the making, she will learn to conquer the waves before it learns to conquer her. And perhaps, they really can start by sticking away from needless trouble. Her eyes flick over her motley crew, an arm held out as her Chatot scoots on over.[break][break]

"Eyes, Charon." Throwing her arm up, her Chatot launches up into the sky. "Man the sails."[break][break]

With Reiner already on the job, she heads for the helm, attempting to steer it in the right direction. Considering that they're close enough to hear it, they don't have much space to make an arc away but they sure can try. With any luck, they might just avoid being detected...

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 5:27:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Unfortunately, there was someone here to boss them around. Maybe Eris hadn't seen them yet. Maybe she underestimated the severity of their presence. Whatever the case, it seemed she was staying the course, doing her best to give the other ship wide berth.[break][break]

Unfortunately, the closer Isaac got, the real risk of the situation began to present itself. Was Isaac trying to steer Eris away for her own safety? Or was he trying to do it so he wouldn't be tempted to intervene?[break][break]

Isaac's blood boiled as he noticed a derelict looking ship bobbing in the waters, red flag hoisted high to indicate an SOS. Another ship was docked next to it, but it sure didn't seem like they were there to lend assistance. Ladders stretched between the two ships, rough-looking men scrambling from one vessel to the next. The whole setup was blockaded off by a ring of Sharpedo, swimming in big, hungry circles to try and prevent anyone from interfering.[break][break]

"Hold me back," Isaac muttered, eyes locked on the conflict as he saw it brewing in the distance. With this level of berth, they could probably sail past unnoticed. Question was, did they even want to at this point? With each man boarding the ship, with each wave of the SOS flag, with each crash as a Sharpedo headbutted the ship's fragile timbers, Isaac's rage simmered.[break][break]

He wasn't going to get Eris in trouble if he could help it. But he couldn't stop his hand from fluttering down to his belt.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 9:48:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"] worries that they'll get in trouble. He worries that he won't quite have the self-control to stop himself from sticking his nose into trouble. Perhaps, he should firstly remember that Eris and trouble will always come hand in hand.[break][break]

"Mind the gap! Mind the gap!"[break][break]

When Isaac looks back up to the helm, he'll realise that the post has been abandoned. All that remains of the captain is a Chatot squawking as they flap uselessly around the wheel. In the waters, a Whirlpool begins to arise, drawing the Sharpedos closest to the edge of their circle in and refusing to relinquish its hold.[break][break]

Right there between the other ships and their own stands a girl atop her Wailmer, a hand rested upon her hip whereas the other clenches tight. When it comes right down to it, the belief of staying out of trouble really is always forgone in the face of someone needing help.[break][break]

"Oi! Leave 'em alone, ye asses! Or I'll beat you up right here, right now!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 20:13:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh, you gotta be-"[break][break]

This was the same girl who kept breaking out of one faction's custody to fight for their enemies, time and time again. Of course she wasn't kidding. Deep down, Isaac knew that all too well.[break][break]

Sighing, Isaac released a pair of Pokeballs. The first landed right in the water, the only sign it had been opened a dark shadow creeping through the waves. As Sharpedo thrashed and fought against the whirlpool, they were snatched from below by a pair of bulky, shield tipped claws.[break][break]

Cambria the Golisopod had arrived, and she was hellbent on making a dangerous First Impression.[break][break]

The other Pokeball was a far more familiar face. Sanford was in his natural environment; both far out at sea, and with his chain nestled safely in Isaac's hands. Isaac gave it a good spin, the algal bloom obliging by sending its rusted-over anchor in a big, impressive looking circle.[break][break]

As the feuding crews stopped to see why an angry child was shouting them down, the sound of tearing timbers left them jumping out of their boots. Sanford's Anchor Shot hooked right onto the railing, letting Isaac easily haul himself up.[break][break]

"Better listen to my captain, scurvy dogs," Isaac said, bringing Sanford to rest on his shoulder. Due to the way the algal spirit floated, it looked far more impressive than it actually was. "Leave this ship alone, or the two of us are gonna need to have a little chat."[break][break]

The ship's crew scrambled to hide behind Isaac. A burly looking second mate almost grabbed one of the sailors by the scruff of his shirt, but a Featherdance to the face from Polly Roger quicky put the kibosh on that. As he pawed at his face, the pirates' first mate looked towards the ocean, trying to figure out what to do.[break][break]

Sick of having a staring contest with some brat, he finally came to his answer. "Keelhaul 'em, boys!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 1:25:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Their rhythm is something dragged out by the worst of her, each step she takes successfully followed up without a question. Only difference is that whilst she tries to keep a safe distance, finds it a far better idea to climb right aboard the sinking vessel.[break][break]

Oh well, she can't kick their asses unless she gets close, right?[break][break]

With most of the Sharpedos cleared from their path, Eris directs her Wailmer closer to the ship. Then with a rather bold jump, she finds a grip on the rails, struggling a bit before eventually pulling herself right onto the deck. And it's here that the pirates actually realise just how small said captain is, even beside the daring bosun they have to deal with.[break][break]

The deck explodes into action, a few pirates calling out their pokemon and going right after Isaac and the sailors behind him. But the first mate turns his attention straight towards Eris, a scowl brewing at just how much of a nuisance she's already been.[break][break]

"Goddamn brat!"[break][break]

She sees the anger in his eyes, then how that very same anger is reflected in his Gyarados' eyes. Where she might once have flinched away, she chooses to stand her ground, drawing her Doublade as Reiner opens the field with an Electric Terrain.[break][break]

"Now, there's only one way this is gonna go, and that's you scurrying off with your tail tucked between your legs. Savvy?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 1:59:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh, boy. They were being bum-rushed. "Think you guys should cover your ears," Isaac murmured to the very confused gaggle of sailors standing behind him. Who were they to argue with their violent saviors? Murmuring among themselves, they hunkered down and plugged their ears.[break][break]

"I don't think they heard our captain, Polly!" Isaac said, Polly Roger alighting off of his shoulder. He took a few confident steps back, easing his hands up to his face to cup his own ears shut. No weapon. No plan. Just a parrot hovering in front of him. Emboldened, the pirate crew continued their rush.[break][break]

"SAVVY!?"[break][break]

Eris' voice played back at a hundred times the volume, kicked up from a question to a demand by Polly Roger's Boomburst. The pirates expecting a cheap, easy victory crumpled to the floor, clawing for their ears and shouting out in surprise. The sound alone hadn't just disabled them. The physical force of the noise also scattered them around the ship like bowling pins.[break][break]

With their fall came opportunity. Isaac gave Sanford a few twirls, lashing him towards the mast of the ship. He wrapped around it and hooked on for good measure, then began retracting his chain inwards. That let Isaac zip right towards the mast, booting a pirate right in the head on his way past. He was down for the count, and a few of his buddies feeling a little too opportunistic would follow suit as Isaac began swirling around the mast. "That's right, ya bilge-rats! Just try and get me!"[break][break]

It was a good thing Isaac was making such a fuss. That meant nobody had to see the first mate get his ass whooped by a little girl.[break][break]

He was doubled over in laughter, because of course he was. It was the most classic mistake anyone could make. "Yer kiddin' me. Ye ain't even old enough to be a cabin boy! Now put those things down before ye hurt yerself, aye?" Danger crept onto his face as he sank into a fighting stance.[break][break]

The poor fool.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,780 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:44:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Gosh, she'd nearly been caught off guard by the sudden explosion of her own voice behind her back. Despite that fervent itch to turn around and see just what happened, Eris knows that it'd be unwise for her to look away from someone twice her size and very able to grab her.[break][break]

"Reiner?"[break][break]

It's just them, their breaths synchronised as they both take a step forward. And it's that one antagonistic step that causes their opponents to act, the first mate yelling as he rushes to take a swing at them. His Gyarados follows behind, jaws wide open and ready to crunch down on the closest target.[break][break]

"Rumble 'em."[break][break]

Electricity explodes in a violent wave, a Rising Voltage snapping up at the Gyarados as Eris ducks down to avoid the punch. With their glaring difference in weight, she has to take aim with every move she makes - The first is a kick right where the sun don't shine, a mighty yowl ripped from the man's throat as he's gripped by endless pain.[break][break]

"FUCKING BRAT!"[break][break]

This will not be his downfall. Stumble as he might, he refuses to go down an embarrassment, a hand wildly swung about as he tries to grab her in retaliation. And so fights his Gyarados, enraged by just how their scales singe from the lightning rapidly coiling around their wet body. The duo are fuelled by a need for vengeance, diving at Eris and Reiner with plans of smashing them right into the ground.[break][break]

A hurried step back means nothing if the distance is simply overcome by long legs. And the pirate is just seconds away from succeeding in his grab, victory flickering before his very eyes as a maniacal grin takes over. Only, he hesitates at the very last moment -[break][break]

Why does she grin back at him?[break][break]

"Tag!"[break][break]

Claws scratch hard against the floorboards, a tail hooked around her waist yanking her right out of the way to reveal a Luxray bearing both fangs and claws. Electricity flicks off his wide swing, tazing the pirate upon contact as Reiner bats him right aside. And he will do his best to make use of the rest of his momentum, a burst of a Springtide Storm helping him to complete the swing as he tosses Eris up into the air.[break][break]

The Gyarados stops dead in its tracks, opening its maws wide as it readies itself to catch and ragdoll her. But it's hard to look up, her figure outlined by a merciless bright as her swords reflect day. Power comes imbued with these blades, their will channeled with her own as glowing Sacred Swords dare to challenge the sun.[break][break]

"Let there be LIGHT!"
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission || outfit || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Are A Pirate [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 21:01:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac heard the crack of thunder and saw the flash of lightning. A small smile spread across his face. It was easy to forget that Eris had a ton of incredibly powerful Pokemon at her command. It was why, despite her young age, both the League and Rocket considered her a potential hazard. It was why, in her disguise, she'd managed to rise through the ranks and become a minor league Gym Leader.[break][break]

It was why it warmed his heart to see her breaking out the Doublade he'd entrusted her with so long ago.[break][break]

As much as he wanted to keep watching the fight and admiring her technique, his hands were tied. Part of trusting someone meant knowing when to let go, and "the pirates you just bowled over are starting to stir again" was as good of a reason as any. Isaac hopped off of the mast, giving Sanford a little swirl to show he meant business. "Don't know when to stand down, aye?" Isaac asked, cocking an eyebrow as he looked at the five pirates staring him down. "Then bring it on!"[break][break]

The pirates drew their cutlasses, letting out a vicious yell in return. Their opponent may have had a powerful Pokemon on his side, but they were armed and dangerous! They'd put this shrimp in his place, one way or another. However, much to their surprise, Isaac didn't come to engage them. Instead, he reached into his chocolate and pulled out a few chocolate bars. One by one, he tossed them to his Dhelmise.[break][break]

One by one, Sanford started flashing white. With each flash, a pirate's cutlass clattered to the ground at Isaac's feet. The first pirate did a double take as he saw a melting chocolate bar take its place. He barely had a chance to react before Isaac rushed him, tackling him to the ground with a powerful spear. A hard elbow to the face while he was down left him out cold, and the other pirates were too disarmed to even properly intervene.[break][break]

That didn't stop them from trying. Two rushed him from behind, one pinning his arms behind his back and the other squaring up from the front. He tried to hit Isaac with a few punches to the gut, but Isaac refused to just stand there and take it. Instead, he planted his feet into a strong stance, stepping out to the side so the pirate would end up clobbering his buddy right in the side. That got his grip faltering just enough for Isaac to wrench a hand free and flip him down to the ground.[break][break]

"Watch yer fire, dumbass!" the grounded pirate called moments before Isaac knocked him out with a solid elbow. He then looked towards the accidental traitor, smirking and motioning for him to bring it.[break][break]

The only place he'd bring it was overboard. The other two assembled pirates agreed. They turned on their heels and ran for the hills, not noticing the chain whipping out in front of them until it was too late. Sanford's Anchor Shot spanned the ship in a beautiful arc, wrapping them up into a perfectly chained up bundle.[break][break]

Letting out a string of curses, the second mate tossed out a Pokeball. A Dhelmise of his own sailed into his hands, and Isaac couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "Oh, you get me," he said, whistling for Sanford to return to his side. The two trainers took up their Dhelmise, staring each other down as they waited to see just who would make the first move.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]