awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateoc
Mateo Cortés
One Small Step (Kalos) (Past)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 6:15:38 GMT
Mateo Cortés Avatar
While nights like this were outside the norm, it happened often enough that everyone in the house knew the part they played. Influential people were to have dinner in the estate, so everything must go perfectly. Meals have been chosen and practiced well in advance. The main areas and dining room were spotless. The front-facing staff even dressed for the occasion. Meanwhile Mateo's job was simple.

He must stay out of sight.

Unsurprising really, given the fact he was just a cleaner. No one wants to see them mill about in the middle of passionate discussions about their business dealings. So the small boy traversed through the halls instead, holding onto a stack of envelopes and paper that was to be loaded into a printer. Letters needed to be prepared. Emails weren't official enough for invites to a gala, the hostess once said.

Maybe high-class social gatherings were normal...

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 23:37:12 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","madsly mari"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It wasn't uncommon that the Pryde family would be invited to other noble families for a bite to eat. In fact, one might say it was rather common.

[break][break] And although not directly related, Mari was expected to accompany them.

[break][break] Mari didn't mind these outings, since it often included good food and a beautiful venue. Though, rarely did the conversation ever float to something that required her attention — high-brow talk regarding the latest Kalosian policies and laws were better left to the diplomats and lawyers like her Uncles and Aunts.

[break][break] And as such, the young woman wandered through the estate's other halls while a heated conversation in the dining room went off. She was looking for the bathroom, her heels pressed daintily into the carpet to not make any noise. But trying too hard to walk the line was a problem too — she didn't watch where she was going — and suddenly there was a flutter of paperwork in the air as it went flying.

[break][break] "Oh no! I'm so sorry!"

[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-altaria"]

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#D7D0F2!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/82xrdNj/image.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote b, .madsly blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .madsly blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .madsly blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Sol

Teo, Mattie
He / Him
Twenty-three
October 11
Shalour City, Kalos
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
0 height
0 height
coping's all we can do at this point.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateoc
Mateo Cortés
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 5:06:21 GMT
Mateo Cortés Avatar
One moment Mateo was rushing through the halls to his destination, the next he was sitting on the floor, his arms at his sides and papers falling down around him.

He let himself lay there for a moment to breathe, unsure of what just happened. Slowly he let himself sit up, rubbing his head with a hiss before looking across to see- a girl? What was she doing here? And why was she apologizi--

Oh right, the papers. They're scattered all over the place. Madame will not be happy with this.

With wide eyes Mateo shifted to a kneeling position and he began to move the loose sheets into a pile. "It's okay, I should be the one who's sorry," he spoke quickly, voice hushed. He shouldn't even be talking to the guests. "You should head back, I don't think you're supposed to be here."

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 20:06:45 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","madsly mari"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"i was the one who bumped into you!" she said in a fluster, kneeling alongside him to rearrange those papers. embarassment burned her cheeks. how could she be so foolish?

[break][break] she shook her head.

[break][break] "no, it's okay. let me help. it's - " she glanced up them, looking at the boy she'd run into. it was then that she realized that this wasn't one of the nobles, but rather a boy around her age. "it's okay," she amended after a moment, tucking a hair behind her ear.

[break][break] "what's your name? i'm mari."

[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-altaria"]

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#D7D0F2!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/82xrdNj/image.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote b, .madsly blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .madsly blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .madsly blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]