183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< in the stars > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 18:21:58 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Whether it be the promise of prizes, or the delicious food that the carnival offered, Sven found that he kept coming back for more and more. Maybe it was the fact that they were in Lavaridge Town, but the food choices certainly differed. The climate wasn't kind to treats like ice cream, but thankfully they had some other options like jigoku mushi cuisine made from the heat of Mt. Chimney. It was certainly something new. Sven felt some relief that he managed to have the foresight to dress light.

"I can't say I'm hungry yet, so let's see what game options they have, yeah?"

It wasn't long before he pulled his phone out and took a picture of the two together. Though he offered Saskia enough time to prepare herself for the photo; no need to take a candid shot. At least not yet. Once the two were satisfied with their pose, Sven took the photo and brought his phone back down to type away. Just a quick post under social media to promote the Funtasia festival. "it's hard to be this cool when it's so hot out #Funtasia #Lavaridge #IFeelLikeI'mBeingBoiledAliveByThisHeat"

He made sure to include some pictures of the attractions set up there that week. Once he was satisfied with the post, he looked to Saskia and gave a laugh.

"So how about we start with something risky first? They do have a pendulum ride and a few extreme-spin ones."

There was something risky about riding those sorts of rides at a travelling carnival. Did they really meet standards of safety? Sven wasn't keen on construction but he figured that on an extreme-spin ride meant to rely on gravity, it wasn't exactly reassuring to hear grinding of gears, especially on the outside of the ride.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

mission : carnival camaraderie
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
< in the stars > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:15:11 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar

saskia has dressed lightly too. it's a light little thing with spaghetti straps and a breezy lacey midsection. it's also, coincidentally, part of the wardrobe she keeps hidden from . he might faint if he saw his daughter in it (but it's just so cute), given how much skin it shows off. 

so the heat has nothing on her, with her shoulders bare and her hair tugged up into a ponytail. she is absolutely feeling herself because it feels like she rarely takes her stinky ranger costume off. 

when he takes out his phone, she sticks her tongue out and throws up the peace sign by her chin. of course, she has to give it a once-over before he puts it on the world wide web, but they look adorable and HAH! she snorts a giggle at the last hashtag and says, "trueeeeeee."

"oh, pendulum, pendulum, fo sho. it'll help cool us down too." and! she'd come prepared. under her dress are latex shorts, so even if it flies up from the rides, she's fine! kolya always told her she should dress for practicality. 

"and then i wanna get snow cones. man, think there's a water ride anywhere? or a hose we can spray into our faces?"
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< in the stars > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 23:47:01 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Sven was quick to flash Saskia a thumbs up. He could vibe with the idea of snow cones if they could find a stand that sold them. Since the pendulum ride caught her intrigue more, he figured that'd be a great ride start. As they approached the line, he couldn't help but frown a bit. It didn't seem like too many people found interest in the ride. But hey! That meant that their wait wouldn't be too long. As the ride gave its final swing, it began to slow down. The crowd slowly made their way to the exit, and the gates opened once again. Sven took a seat closer to the back and managed to scoot over to offer Saskia enough space to sit with him. There was something about the backseat that was arguably best for a ride like that.

It took on the appearance of an old-timey pirate ship with prop cannons on the side, and a support beam for the ship to swing from in place of a mast. Once everyone was fit onto the ride, it soon took off. Slow at first, but gradually picked up speed. It wasn't exactly a thrill ride in itself, but the height it swayed from felt pretty exciting. Sven peered over the edge to see some of the carnival goers watching as the ship took to the skies in the back and forth motion. The faster the to and fro motion became, the more the wind blew his hair all over the place.

Saskia was right, it had been a decent way to cool off. But it felt that no sooner had the ride gotten exciting, it came to an end. After the ride came to a halt, Sven took the lead off of it and offered a hand to his companion. Once the two were off, he figured he'd offer the chance for Saskia to scout out for a snow cone stand.

"You see anything? Some sort of map that'll tell us where to go? Or--," his thoughts were cut off.

Someone walking by held a snow cone in their hand and walked their way. He could only assume they'd come from the opposite direction. Notably the entire time Sven lead the way, he hadn't let go of Saskia's hand.

"Should be this way!"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
< in the stars > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 16:21:37 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar

saskia, who doesn't even like traveling by flying taxi, squeals as they're swung up and down and side to side on the pendulum ride. her hands are white as they grip the harness, hair whipping into her mouth because she has it open. 

when they're safely back on the ground, she's grinning from ear to ear, abuzz with adrenaline. sven doesn't seem all too impressed, but her head is spinning, and so she gratefully takes the outstretched hand as they come off the ride's platform. 

she follows his gaze about, looking for a map, but when she finally spies one, he tugs her in the opposite direction. that's fine by her. she gets through most of her life without a plan. 

her hand is kind of sweaty because it's so hot, but she doesn't mind holding onto sven's. it's nice. 

"target in sight! i repeat, target in sight! deploy our operatives - us - to extract the package - snow cones," she says with a giggle as she hauls them to the back of the too-long line.