Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SUPPLIES - Isaac and Freya [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 4:36:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Lookouts? Handled. Skirmishers? Chased away. Beachhead? Clear and ready for landing.[break][break]

Rocket would be back soon. Such was always the way of things. However, that was no reason not to capitalize while the way was clear. As Isaac radioed in the All Clear, he could see the shape of a League ship looming over the horizon. Soon, it would end up subject to heavy damage. Supply drops were siren songs for enemy combatants. However, if they could just clear it off as it landed, it would have served its purpose.[break][break]

Isaac couldn't help but feel how wasteful the whole cycle was. There were cycles to all things, but this one felt particularly meaningless. How much loss would this island feel in just one short day of fighting? How much would it feel as day after day flowed onwards, a spiraling whirlpool where pain only brought more pain?[break][break]

Would Rocket just listen to reason, perhaps this could all be avoided. And yet.[break][break]

Before this ship would join the many at this island gravesite, Isaac prepared himself. Omega stood by his left. Ferrus Manus stood by his right. Through brains and brawn alike, they would have this ship cleared of any cargo in no time. Was it the glamorous fight they'd hoped for? Currently, no. When Rocket inevitably came knocking, that would change.[break][break]

As the ship pulled up to the shoreline, Isaac waved to hail it down. "Faster we move, the more we'll have to work with," he said, Ferrus and Omega answering his summation with a pair of quick nods. They made their way over to the ship, curious to see just who would be riding onboard.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 0:08:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the sea rolls under the ship. her legs are unsteady, as smooth sailing as it is aboard such a large vessel, so she stays by the rail most of the way. her aquatic dragons keep pace, scales gleaming in the surf every once in a while, and above them red feathered wings warn from miles abound not to touch the cargo. 

some had expressed concern - a display like that begs reckoning. her stares had quieted them. 

three long days of combat, foe after foe sent back into the water, out of the sky, off of the beaches. she is weary - not just because of the nonstop fight, but because there is no warmth at her back, no arms holding her tightly through the night, reminding her, at her most vulnerable, that she is not alone. 

she's on her third coffee of the day and her eyes are ringed red with exhaustion. there is a buzz of activity as the ship beaches. freya whistles and one of her roaring moon grasps some of the cargo in her claws to help unload. 

metal planks thud as she treks down, surveying the shore. she stops at the person who'd waved them down and her vision bleeds watercolor. hesitation, a feeling of trepidation, the cardboard cup of coffee in her hands squeezed just a bit too tightly. the cap loosens and she thumbs it back down, approaching. 

"isaac," she says, forming the name before it really touches her mind. not everyone remembers. her eyes flash uncertainly. 
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 1:37:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The ship that had docked onto the beachhead was carrying much more important cargo than a couple of supply crates. The landing strip Isaac secured was now being used by none other than councilwoman Freya Morningstar.[break][break]

Perhaps, in another time, Isaac would have quipped as the councilwoman made landfall. In the grand scheme of things he was just some nobody, after all. Sure, he was a decorated gym challenger, a proven Avatar, and a notorious Rocket traitor, but all that and a bag of chips still would have put him below a councilwoman's personal notice.[break][break]

Then he saw just how tired the woman was. Her eyes were bloodshot messes, the bags spreading beneath them drawing all the more attention to their strain. Her stance was haggard, the councilwoman less walking and more stumbling down the landing ramp. She was still clenching a cup of coffee in a trembling hand. She was no soldier. How long had she been fighting for?[break][break]

The time for messing around could come later.[break][break]

Ferrus and Omega were quick to take as much of the burden off of her as possible. The Metagross clambered up the side of the ship, dragging its Iron Hands counterpart behind it on a plume of Psychic power. Once boarding, the two stacked as many cargo crates as they could, each lifting a great pyramid of crates before making their own way back down the ramp.[break][break]

"You know me." Surprise graced Isaac's voice as the councilwoman approached him, his own voice a mixture of confusion and mild concern. She wasn't the only one. As he watched her descent, the way she walked became all too familiar. It was the same approach she'd made as she'd wandered into his feasting hall of a great king's meet.[break][break]

"Guess you're not the only one." She had been 20 years older, 20 years more beaten down, and yet somehow less tired than she'd been today. "It's nice to see someone else that remembers, even if we'd never had much time." Most of Isaac's affairs had been kept to Motostoke. If anything, he was surprised he'd made such an impression in her mind.[break][break]

"I'd ask if you're holding up okay, but." Her body language spoke for itself there, unfortunately.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:07:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
ink bleeds around the edges, changing the shape of his face, adding greys to his hair, lines that aren't there after she blinks. she nearly yawns and takes a sip of her coffee to hide it, not wanting to be rude. his surprise, at first, makes her heart sink. so many have forgotten

she would rather they forget, but it does not make it any less lonely.

and then, as though reading her thoughts, he gives her a gift that strips her of her every defense. her nose stuffs up as she swallows back tears and though her eyes go glassy, it's not noticeable against the backdrop of her exhaustion. joy flutters over her lips, even as he gestures at her current state. 

"ruling kingdoms didn't allow for many pleasantries," she says, fondness dripping from her voice. "i...how much do you remember? because yeah, no one else i know can - hey! melusine, you put those rations down now."

the roaring moon slams her tail into the ground, sending a spray of sand over some folks carrying cargo. the sizeable crack she'd made in the crate of food is hastily attended to and freya sighs. snapping fingers and a low hiss bring the dragon's attention back to the matter at hand. 

"i guess now isn't really the time to talk about this." she eyes him and then looks down at herself. "that bad, mm? i'm used to the fighting, but i'm...not sleeping well. i'll recover when this is all over," she says with a wave of her hand. 

"how are we here? any issues securing the beach?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 13:59:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Galar had been many things to many people. The one thing it hadn't been any longer was here. Everyone had their own means of coping with that realization. reacted with denial. reacted with a warm, nostalgic acceptance. Many others genuinely forgot.[break][break]

Freya's reaction, it seemed, was to hurt.[break][break]

Concern flickered in Isaac's eyes as he saw the bittersweet emotions overwhelm her fatigue. Her stuffed up nose and fought back tears were two sides of a coin to the fondness and warmth in her voice. Was it Isaac she was fond of? Or was he simply a gateway into a time she missed oh so dearly?[break][break]

"You sure got that right." Planning for the future. Mourning for the past. Defending the city's walls. Reigniting the city's forges. Priming the city's engines. Clawing beauty out from the wastes. Even the good king Isaac strived to be rarely had the chance to gallavant around making friends. "I tried to make ruling pleasantry in its own right. It was the easiest way to handle it."[break][break]

As queen and councilwoman alike, Isaac wondered what Freya's takeaway from all of this had been.[break][break]

She longed to gush about Galar, but duty called. A pity. It had been the most the councilwoman had lit up since landing atop this beachhead. Judging by her mentioned sleeplessness, it may have been the most she'd lit up this battle. At the mention of her restlessness, Isaac hummed thoughtfully.[break][break]

"Ah, don't sweat the grunt work," he said, nudging an eye towards the box stacks Omega and Ferrus were whipping up. Oh, Arceus, they were competing. "Our Pokemon should have it under control. Shit, Omega's smarter than I am. I bet he can play foreman." As if to tip those scales, Ferrus added another box to his stack. Oh boy.[break][break]

"This little chunk of shore should be fine for a good bit. Nothing like a bit of overwhleming force to send 'em scattering." Most Rockets, and in fact most people, liked being alive. A Mega and a Paradox screaming onto the shore had a way of making your average Grunt go "okay, fuck this" and fall back. Who knew? "That buys us plenty lf time, at least."[break][break]

"You mind sitting down for a sec? I got an idea."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 22:08:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
meeting others from that time reawakens the memories. softly, in snippets, blurred shapes on the corner of her vision. riddled with holes as memories tend to be, leaving her wondering just how much of it is her reminiscing and how much of her is filling in the gaps. but she remembers the coming together of so many wayward, timesick souls, finding solace amongst each other over food and drink. 

she remembers him at the head, a wife and...children at his side. their faces are gone, lost to time, but a pang of guilt flits over her face. she'd forgotten herself. those who do remember may not want to. 

a brow raises alongside her coffee cup. she follows isaac's gaze and has to admit to herself that with the help of his pokemon, the rest of the ship's crew are getting on with the work. if anything, she'd only be helpful with supervising at this point, and that seems extraneous in itself. 

the dragons patrolling the skies are all the safety they need; her job is done. 

her boots sink into the sand as she reluctantly agrees to humour him. she perches on a piece of driftwood and thinks about setting her coffee in the sand, but then thinks, ew, sand, and opts to cradle it in both hands. 

she realizes she's been quiet this entire time. 

"i'm not good at small talk," she apologizes. she's not good at filling in the spaces. most of the time, she's content to simply be. in galar, that meant sitting quietly beside while she studied her books, or taking night watches on the wall, or patrolling the skies.

"what's your idea?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 23:22:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Hey, you got enough worries on your plate as is. Don't gotta add my chatty ass to that list, too." Isaac shot the councilwoman a warm smile, because frankly he didn't care how much or little she spoke. What he cared about was the fact that she seemed moments away from dropping.[break][break]

"Alright . . . let's see . . ." This was the hard part. Isaac had done that thing with his hands a lot! By accident! He had no idea how to translate it into intentionality. Running like the wind was one thing. Step 1, run. Step 2, run more. Step 3, wind. Water manipulation was trickier, but ultimately came down to wanting the water to move really, really badly. How the heck was his vibe check supposed to work?[break][break]

The green light that moved others' hearts came out when he was feeling particularly compassionate. The yellow light that fired up their spirits came out when he was feeling particularly brave. That blue, soothing light . . . it tended to happen when he was calm, right? Ha! Easy! All he had to do was be calm! Isaac confidently held his hands out towards Freya, squeezed his eyes shut, and waited.[break][break]

As he pried an eye open to check on his progress, Isaac was treated to a front row seat of Fucking Nothing.[break][break]

It turned out, trying to force himself to be calm was a lot easier said than done. It was almost like the worst way to try calm anyone down was to just tell them "calm down." Who knew? That did leave Isaac in a bit of a pickle. How in the world could he trick himself into calming down?[break][break]

It might not have been a trick, but it certainly was advice. An exercise he'd practiced with briefly came to mind.[break][break]

Five things he could see. His own hands, and the distinct lack of an aurora ebbing out from them. The cargo ship, which could be under Rocket attack at any moment- no, damnit, don't think about that. The pounding waves, rocking the ship as if it were lulling it to sleep. Finally, Ferrus and Omega, the two glaring each other down as they tried to see who would get to flex on the last, and heaviest, of the remaining boxes.[break][break]

Four things he could touch. The sand, surprisingly warm and soft beneath his toes. The seaspray, occasionally tagging him in the ankles as if it was mischievously splashing at him. Freya's cup of coffee, though he linked his hands very much and dared not actually touch it. Finally, the back of his ear, as he scratched at it in an attempt at dredging up inspiration. This was hard![break][break]

Three things he could hear. The distant din of battle, which he did his best to push into the back of his memory. The sound of waves pounding against the shoreline, as if this island had always been here and always belonged. Finally, Omega's triumphant grunt, having wrenched the box from Ferrus' grip as he scuttled down the side of the ship.[break][break]

Two things he could smell. Salt and seaweed, easy. One thing he could taste. This was a therapy exercise, not a cafe. Besides, everyone knew this part of the grounding process was BS. Once you got past hearing, you'd already shifted focus, what, twelve times? That was more than enough to get your worries off of your mind! This was just the victory lap.[break][break]

Isaac still wasn't sure how much this kind of thing worked. What he was sure about, however, was the blue light that swirled between his fingers.[break][break]

"Alright. Now we're ready. Just do me a favor and breathe, okay? Deep in, deep out. You do that, and I'll keep doing this . . . whatever-this-is. And for as long as you need, it's gonna feel like the weight of the world's off your shoulders. I think. Guess we're not gonna know for sure until we try, huh?"[break][break]

Encouraging testimony. At least Isaac was honest about his unsureness. He took the first breath, deep in, deep out, and waited for Freya to follow his lead. Slowly, his own anxieties began to settle into the back of his mind, instead focusing his energy on trying to help ease Freya away from hers. The more he focused on her, the more the blue light around his hands began to take form.[break][break]

Soon, he and the councilwoman found find themselves enwrapped in a soft blue aurora. With each breath they took, it gently rippled and pulsed.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 1:19:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
isaac's avatarship is not at the forefront of her mind. in fact, it doesn't quite click with her that the merlo in front of her is the same as the one from the one in the documents, emails glossed over in the wake of callan's departure and the aftermath of the walking wake's devastation. couple that with the instability of her home life and it's just another snippet that's slipped through the cracks. 

so she's puzzled, watching him more out of amusement as he tries to enter some sort of meditative trance. if he's attempting to coax her to peace, she leans into it, looking past him and out to the sea. watching the waves roll in. seeing the glint of scales just under the surf, her dragons watching from afar. 

she wonders after king. and that hurts too much so she turns to easier things - her incessant check-ins with the island's ranger stations, checking for any sign of . glimpses made, skirmishes reported, but whenever she arrives, it's too little too late. 

alone, tasting decay on her tongue. 

vengeance is a poison, she told tsubaki, but her own is a fire and the walls of her heart have already long since scorched. elisabeth made an enemy when she brought tapu fini to her, and then she forged her end when she turned her 'gift' on delta. 

she will protect fernando because it's the right thing to do. 

she will kill elisabeth because she wants to. 

and this, this is what she's thinking about when blue light spills from isaac's hands. when ribbons twist around them, so like the motherly touch of her dragonair, so like the patron's burden that sought to bind her. 

she startles and isaac's words cannot get past the waterfall rush of blood in her ears, the pounding in her throat. her breaths are quick, tight, drawing the aurora closer to her, and she covers her mouth tightly with her hands, afraid to swallow any of it. to swallow it at all. 

tears prick in bloodshot eyes and she stumbles back, away, breaking out of the wrappings, veins on her wrist pale blue and tense, every bit of her on fire, feeling the grains of sand in her boots and the heat on her neck and the salt on her cheeks, salt of her own making, salt of the sea, that brine threatening to drown her. 
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 3:57:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The sad part? Up until Isaac started trying, it was actually working.[break][break]

Freya startled, and Isaac's eyebrow raised in confusion. What? No? That was the opposite of how this all worked? He stared at his own hands, befuddled, as if trying to figure out how his powers had broken before he'd even begun to explore them. At one point, he gave them a little shake, as if trying to shake the cobwebs out of some sort of invisible Good Vibes Dispenser.[break][break]

Then he saw Freya's shaky breaths drag the aurora closer and closer toward her. He saw how she covered her mouth, as if afraid of bringing it even an inch closer. Her veins dredged themselves to the surface of her skin. Her eyes were a mess of barely-contained blood and barely-contained tears. She ran to the edge of the aurora, desperate to escape it but petrified of the idea of fighting her way out.[break][break]

And it was all because of him.[break][break]

On the bright side, he was indeed right about how his powers worked. The second his own calm shattered, so, too, did the aurora. It unraveled itself, stretching out into a wispy tendril of light that drifted towards to the heavens. Isaac watched as it went, and in that moment he realized the truth. His power wasn't some magical cure-all. It was a tool like any other, designed to help.[break][break]

Any tool, even the most helpful ones, could hurt if misused.[break][break]

"Councilwoman. Councilwoman, please." He tried to keep a neutral, steady tone, but how could he when she was unraveling before his eyes? He was no professional. He was no true scion of the League. He was just some nobody forcing himself to be a somebody, given powers he barely understood. The neutrality in his voice evaporated, giving way to an impassioned plea. "Freya!"[break][break]

Once more, his voice dropped to that calmer register. This time, there were no tricks, no sorceries. Suicune's powers could wait. Right now, all he could depend on was his own heart. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried using my powers. There's still so much I don't understand about them."[break][break]

There was still so much he didn't understand about Freya, either.[break][break]

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 4:32:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
surrounded on all side by walls of her own making, claws trimmed and filed, too weak to shred the ties holding her together and even if she could, breaking out would mean breaking apart. it would mean losing herself - what makes her her. she's a ghost trapped in skin, dead the day died. 

the thimble under her foot finally disappears and all at once her balancing act plummets and she falls, knees hitting sand, hands finding purchase in the loose granules of earth. her wrist bumps her coffee and it tumbles, spilling a brown stain, barely distinguishable from its surroundings. 

pieces of her coming apart and needing to be put back together, but her hands are already so cut up and she's so, so tired of doing this alone. 

freya!

she comes back with a strangled sound, blinking furiously. her head clears with the ribbons gone. the lapping waves replace the pressing sound in her ears and she inhales shakily, scrambling to find her center. 

"n-no," she says breathlessly. "you didn't hurt me. it's okay, isaac. i'm okay." but she's saying it more for herself. 

she sounds unconvinced. 

"you were only trying...to help." 

several paces away, melusine is standing still as a statue, pupils thin as a sheaf of paper and trained on isaac. freya's voice is a rough scrape, somewhat of a snarl, and melusine's feathers ruffle. she snorts and turns her back with a flick of her tail, returning to her duties. 

freya grunts and slides back up onto the driftwood, smacking her palms together to brush the sticky sand away. 

"i forgot you were an avatar," she admits finally and runs her fingers through her hair, fidgeting with a braid. "i had some...bad experiences with another. it shocked me is all. there's - it's complicated. but thank you, for trying."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:10:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]She was lying. Was it for her sake? Or was it for his? In either case, he wasn't convinced.[break][break]

"I was. But that doesn't change what it meant for you." Isaac knew best intentions only went so far. His time in Rocket had taught him that the hard way. "No sense beating myself up over it. But now that I know, I'll try and be more careful around you, yeah?"[break][break]

These powers weren't toys. Sure, they were fun to mess around with. Now that he could run like the wind, he could never go back to teleporting around. Shaping water was a convenience he'd never known he'd needed until he had it at his fingertips. The best part was that his play was work, too. These were arts to be trained like any other. A little messing around now could save his life down the line.[break][break]

That all went out the window when another's mind was at stake. It was a delicate situation demanding the utmost caution, and at times even that wasn't enough.[break][break]

"I get that. All this is complicated, really." The mere existence of Avatars. The war unfolding before their very eyes. The struggles of carrying a nation on her shoulders. Freya didn't have the luxury of being a simple soul like him. ". . . Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong again, but. If you ever need to talk about it . . ."[break][break]

It was such a ridiculous offer. Freya's pain looked for all the world like the kind reserved for her closest confidants. Isaac, bar a connection to a familiar realm, was a stranger. He was also a freshly minted traitor, to be handled cautiously even by those who di know him. There was no chance she'd want to open up to someone like him.[break][break]

Yet maybe, just maybe, such secrets were best shared with those completely detached from the whole mess.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:59:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
at the end of the day, her coffee is the only casualty, and most of it had been drunk already. this is what she is telling herself as she picks up the trash and gives it a good shake, distancing herself as well as she can from the oily feeling on her skin. 

"i appreciate that," she says earnestly when he offers to be more careful around her. 

when he offers to lend an ear, she raises a brow; the exact same thoughts he has are running through her own. and yet there is something so achingly refreshing about his presence, the fact that he is not tied to fernando in the same way that the only other person who might believe her is. 

there is a war in her eyes, a visceral fight, and then the spark dies as quickly as it had come, snuffed out by reality. they still need fernando. isaac wouldn't be able to do anything about all of it. her words could be mistaken as treason. she could lose her title. she could lose everything. 

she could hurt king, and delta. 

"someone very close to me recently made me realize i'm not good at talking," she says with a bit of a simper. "i've always been actionable, but i - hell, i don't know."

she shifts her shoulders, sighs, pained expression shifting to something guarded. careful. almost...hopeful? "i know yours is a special case, avatarship and all, but have you had a chance to take a look at the amnesty program?" 
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 13:48:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"That's okay. Knowing's hard."[break][break]

It was funny. During his time in Rocket, Isaac had always believed the council was all talk and no action. How could he not? That was when he was finally aware of what was going on in the region. Half the people waking him up were other lost, abandoned souls, and the other half had a vested interest in making him resent the League. It was inevitable.[break][break]

He'd misjudged them, unfairly so. At least in this small way he could set things right.[break][break]

"You don't seem half bad at talking to me, though." She wasn't some master orator, but it wasn't like she was tripping over her own words or cramming her foot in her mouth. "Maybe it's the thinking part that trips you up."[break][break]

How often did people get trapped in their own head? How many truths wanted to break free from their hearts, only to get lost in doubts and fears and what-ifs? Freya was a councilwoman. When she spoke, the region listened, for good or for ill. When every word needed to be some carefully considered masterpiece, how could anyone be good at talking?[break][break]

At her question, a wry smile spread across his face. "You really think they'd let me anywhere near you if I didn't?" he said, a gentle tease dancing across his words. "Hell, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some HBC op up in that boat with a gun trained on me just in case."[break][break]

Isaac paused, considered his words, and waved towards the most likely location for a sniper's nest.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 23:38:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
knowing is hard. things had been so much easier when she looked at everything through the lens of absolutes. when rocket was bad and she was good. but that was before emma and before fernando and before the ultra beast war and the rest of it all, the world crumbling down around her, around them, at all turns. 

the world is run by egomaniacs snapping over each other for the last pound of flesh and all the rest of them will starve. 

there is a hunger in her even now, an aching for easiness, to have and to hold someone's hand and let that be it. gods, to let that be it. 

the thinking

her thoughts are her own. my thoughts are my own, she tells herself when she scans the beach, searching not for any sign of rocket forces, but for one rocket in particular. he distracts her with his wave. she gives a cursory glance over her shoulder, but shakes her head, an inkling of a wry smile putting some color back on her face.

"mm, i'd think if you were being watched, you'd have gotten shot already." what with her reaction to his avatar powers and all. she shrugs and waves it away. 

"i'd like to follow up with you on that, but...may i ask you something? and ask that you keep this next topic of discussion between us?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:30:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Aw. Am I doing that bad of a job at the whole team player thing?" The wry smile on his face made it clear Isaac wasn't taking Freya's assessment too personally. Was he that unbothered? Or did he know he couldn't afford to be? "And here I thought I'd hit the ground running. Poor me."[break][break]

He shot the not-present gunman one of those "what are you gonna do, eh?" smiles before turning back to Freya, ready to hear her latest inquiry out.[break][break]

"Not gonna tell a soul, Freya" he said, shooting the councilwoman a warm smile. He knew a lot about secrets. They had power, but only as much power as you let them. Slam the lid shut and don't let them spread, and they were mostly harmless. He'd gotten real good at that over the last year and a half, if only by learning the hard way. "And none of that 'yes, Ms. Councilwoman. Whatever you say, Ms. Councilwoman' BS either, alright? Whatever you ask, I'll give it to you straight, alright?"[break][break]

"I get the sense you're sick of all these games by now, anyway."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here