Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 23:54:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Contrary to popular belief, this whole "Avatar" business wasn't doing much to make going to war easier.[break][break]

What it had done was given Isaac plenty of time to practice his fledgling powers. He was still raw and unformed. It had been little over a month since Suicune had first come into his life. It had only been for the briefest of moments that Suicune had actually graced him with his presence. Short of an intervention when he'd nearly been lost at sea, his soulbound companion had been surprisingly scarce.[break][break]

The message was clear. Just because he had Suicune's support did not mean he could coast on it alone. The mysterious legend wanted to see what he was capable of with his own two hands. It had given Isaac a gift, and now it was up to him to make that gift blossom. To do that, he'd need to learn, even if through a lesson at the school of hard knocks.[break][break]

It was for the best. Isaac's attempts at learning on his own had gone poorly. His greatest strides came the same way they always had; through being thrown in over his head and fighting to stay afloat. It was notable progress, but this method also had its drawbacks. Isaac still had yet to figure out how his powers worked. If anything, he'd been picking up on them through vibes alone.[break][break]

Currently, those vibes were "holy shit, I don't want these men to die." Every battle had its casualties, and every battle had its concerned citizens forcing their way into the fray. Today, Isaac stood at the intersection of those two points, having just fished a fresh-faced teen out from an active battle.[break][break]

"Breathe for me." A soothing blue light shimmered around Isaac's hands. However, it was flickering and unfocused. It was as if his own nerves were undercutting his attempts at sharing his calm. "You're hurt. But we're gonna take some of that pain away, alright? And then we're gonna take you home."[break][break]

There was a frown on the teen's face. It was all too familiar. After all, Isaac had worn it many a time before. "You fought enough today," he chided, voice gentle. As he worked through his thoughts, the aurora around his hand began to steady. "I'd say this isn't your fight, but, I guess it is, huh? It's a fight for all of us. But if you rush in the way you did, you're just gonna get yourself killed."[break][break]

"How about this? Once you're outta here, I'll teach you a thing or two." That got the teen smiling, at least. "But I can't do that if you don't help me help you. So, please. Breathe for me, okay?" The aurora spread from his hands to the rest of his body, his body wreathed in cool, soothing blue. Slowly but surely, the teen began to breathe, each more relaxed than the last.[break][break]

Finally, Isaac could get to work.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:20:13 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bryanpog3"]
[attr="class","bryanpog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-1"]
[attr="class","bryanpog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","bryanpog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","bryanpog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-post"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-icon"]

Disappointment. [break][break]

It was a word Bryan rarely used as no one really disappointed him. They'd instead annoy him, but he had grown fond of Isaac during their brief friendship thanks to the time they spent in rocket. However, he was a fugitive now, and as a beast he held a duty. [break][break]

He observed silently from the tree line, it seemed like he had been using an item to heal someone or something? He wasn't close enough to see it directly but Bryan approached him slowly. "Heal block." he orders as his silvally emerges from the treeline, alongside him and he approaches Isaac. [break][break]

"I never really took you for the type brave, or stupid enough, to leave rocket."he speaks as the anger on his face was plain as day. He pauses as Bryan rarely shows emotion or regret in an order, why Isaac of all people? "Will you come back willingly? I'll vouch for you saying it was a mistake." he offers as the beast rarely showed kindness, the silvally eyes him up and down waiting for his response.

[attr="class","bryanpog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","bryanpog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.bryanpog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.bryanpog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.bryanpog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.bryanpog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.bryanpog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#705684;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.bryanpog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.bryanpog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.bryanpog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.bryanpog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.bryanpog3-tagged a:hover { color:#705684!important; }.bryanpog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.bryanpog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.bryanpog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.bryanpog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.bryanpog3-post i { color:#705684; }.bryanpog3-post b { color:#705684;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.bryanpog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.bryanpog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.bryanpog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#705684;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#705684!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 14:45:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Oh. Someone turned off the magic.[break][break]

Just as the healing waters started to wash away the pain, their crystalline shimmer faded. The misty trails that followed them dispersed, as if blown away by a great wind. While the first cuts tended to knit themselves together, all Isaac could do for the rest was get them wet.[break][break]

"Hey, kid." The teen looked Isaac's way, putting on his bravest face. At the sight, Isaac could only sigh. "Ah, never mind." The shadow of death was looming. He wasn't going to make this kid run from it himself. Not when he had answers.[break][break]

A Pokeball rolled out behind him as he turned to face the treeline. Out came Reverb, the shining Kirlia immediately grasping the teen's hand. Isaac stood at ready, hellbent on protecting him with his own body as they Teleported away.[break][break]

As a familiar face stepped forth, Isaac's resolve gave way to shock.[break][break]

"Neither did I," he admitted. He'd been telling himself he'd leave since the Ultra Deep Sea, and yet it had taken 20 years of a Rocket free dream and 's life on the line to finally work up the guts. "Guess I can do a lot more than I thought."[break][break]

That included safeguarding one of Rocket's darkest secrets. 's lessons lived on inside of him, and that was before he'd gained this new power. He remembered the day they spoke, how Bryan was so adamant he'd rather hack his own mind to pieces than carry his pain onward.[break][break]

Even as his face contorted into a mask of rage, Isaac could only wonder if he still needed help.[break][break]

"Thanks for the offer." A sad smile spread across Isaac's face, because he knew all too well how rare such kindness was. Even if he couldn't accept it, he was grateful. "But I'm sorry. You know I can't accept it."[break][break]

"I already know what comes next. But first, please, humor me one last time." Isaac reached for his ball belt and unhooked it in a single, smooth motion. "No Pokemon. No tricks. No ambushes. I'll tell you what happened that night, and then you get the first strike."[break][break]

Were Bryan to agree, he'd toss his only lifeline to the side.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 22:23:33 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"No." he says as he quickly summons his ninetails as it's snow warning whips up a suddenly ice storm, obscuring it further with the second ability, it's snow cloak. "No mercy for traitors. You had your chance to come back." [break][break]

"This is your fault!" he shouts Bryan leaps into the air as the ninetails sets up an AURORA VEIL as he descends upon Isaac, using his full strength to essentially try to ground pound the man and knock him out.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.bryanpog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.bryanpog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.bryanpog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.bryanpog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.bryanpog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#705684;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.bryanpog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.bryanpog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.bryanpog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.bryanpog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.bryanpog3-tagged a:hover { color:#705684!important; }.bryanpog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.bryanpog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.bryanpog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.bryanpog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.bryanpog3-post i { color:#705684; }.bryanpog3-post b { color:#705684;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.bryanpog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.bryanpog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.bryanpog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#705684;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#705684!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 0:46:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Piss. At least Bryan made it easy for him. Instead of tossing his ball belt away, Isaac swung it like a whip, letting whatever ball sat at the end shoot down to the floor. He could only hope it would prove helpful; between the ice storm obscuring his vision and the Aurora Veil reflecting off of the blinding snows, he had no idea what was going on.[break][break]

Whatever silhouette he could see through the snow was small and soft looking. Shit. Worse still, instead of pushing the offense, it curled itself into a ball. "C'mon, man," Isaac pleaded, glancing away from the silhouette and turning his attention back towards Bryan.[break][break]

Wait. Where'd Bryan's silhouette go?[break][break]

Why was his voice going up?[break][break]

"Oh no."

Isaac had run the calculations in his head, and he did not like how the numbers added up. Throwing caution to the wind, he shuffled back as fast as he could. It was an effort that proved itself to be rewarded when Bryan came crashing down in front of him, forceful snow-spray reminding him just how close he had come to being squashed like a bug.[break][break]

Wait. Snow. That's it! Isaac put his hands like he just didn't care, then brought them down with as much force as he could muster. The snow that had just sprayed up flipped in midair, now coming down on Bryan in a thick, pillowy blanket. There was no chance in hell it would hold him down for long, but at least it might give Isaac some breathing room as he tried to run the fuck away.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 1:05:28 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"Huh?!" he says as he braces his arms as the snow and ice slams against him. His ninetails looks at his trainer in disbelief, why was her snow betraying her will? [break][break]

"Return!" he orders as he manages to pull his pokeball out and recall it, ending the snow warning early. "That's a neat little trick, is that what they offered you?" he growls as he knew everyone in team rocket was hungry for power and it's what often led them to their doom. [break][break]

"Guess I wont have to hold back against you anymore. Let's just seen how much you've grown you COWARD." he roars as the ground begins to shake and bryan interlocks his fingers and looks at with the intent to trap and kill. "Hope you weren't planning on escaping the wolf's den! BLACK BRIAR!" he shouts as Bryan suddenly between the two of them a TREE OF LIFE forms with a very thick dense bush of briar thorns erupts from the tree and lashes out at everything in the enviornment aside from bryan. Moments later, Xerneas emerges from the tree staring down Isaac to see how he dealt with the attack as a dome forms, locking everyone inside of it.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 2:22:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Thank Arceus the snow stopped. There was no chance in hell Isaac could have kept that up for long. He bit the corner of his cheek to hide his relief. As the last of the snowstorm touched down on the ground, an Alolan Sandshrew popped out from a melting snowdrift. Talk about dodging two bullets at once![break][break]

"There was no "they", and I was never offered anything," Isaac said, taking a few steps back from Bryan as he pushed through the melting snows. "I just couldn't keep standing by while Rocket hurt the people I cared about. Not just the people out of it, but the people in it, too."[break][break]

Isaac and Bryan had both known loss. He wondered if, were he to tell him about , he would understand.[break][break]

If only he had the chance. Compared to Isaac's budding powers, Bryan was practically a master. It took an entire snowstorm for Isaac to manipulate enough water to pin him for a second. It took nothing at all for Bryan to force vengeful life to erupt from the ground. Geets didn't stand a chance. He tried his damndest to roll away, but a heavy vine smash sent him hurtling right into Isaac's arms. The poor thing was out like a light. If he wasn't quick on his feet, he'd share the Sandshrew's fate.[break][break]

Luckily, where snow had melted, water took its place. Compared to the tide of brambles and thorns descending upon him, it wouldn't be much. However, it would have to be enough. Isaac tucked Geets against him with one arm, held another towards the puddles, and prepared himself for the worst.[break][break]

Whenever an attack came too close for comfort, Isaac smashed a gout of water into it. He couldn't bring enough to bear to oppose the onslaught in full, but he could at least give enough of a push to knock them off course. Sometimes it was enough to let Isaac dodge out of the way. At other times, it dampened a sure killshot just enough to keep him alive.[break][break]

By the end of the onslaught, poor Isaac was huffing and puffing from exertion. His clothes were a torn and tattered mess, and his body was riddled with thorns and and shallow cuts. A particularly large bramble had lodged itself in his cheek, mere millimeters away from his eye. He pulled it out with a wince and a shudder. "That all you got?" he asked, sincerely hoping the answer was "yes" but knowing he'd be crushed if he showed weakness. "Yeah. Yeah, I thought s-"[break][break]

"Oh."[break][break]

When Isaac opened his eyes, it wasn't Bryan he was face to face with anymore. It was Xerneas itself. Were it not for the almost supernatural calm that had settled over him since his alliance with Suicune, he would have probably panicked right then and there. Instead, he managed to get away with just a nervous bead of sweat creeping across his forehead.[break][break]

"Shame we finally had to meet like this," he admitted. "Bryan always had a lot to say about you." Not all of them were kind. The immortality they had given him almost seemed like more of a curse than a blessing. For a moment, Isaac wondered what consequences awaited him after his bond with Suicune.[break][break]

Maybe he was already facing them.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 2:58:18 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"LIAR" he shouts in response to saying they didn't offer him anything. [break][break]

Xerneas looks down upon Isaac indifferent to him "One had heard of you from young Delarosa. I had hoped you'd give him friendship and assist in healing the one thing I am unable to heal. His spirit." he says as he closes his eyes and reopens them, it's indifferent expression changing to one of anger. "But one seems to have misjudged you. You had forsaken the ones who had taken you in."[break][break]

"So one will take great pleasure in repaying their debt to rocket with your blood. En garde" as it was apparent that suddenly a cascade of light from GEOMANCY fills the dome, the talking was his attempt to stall out and buy time. Bryan slinks away into the vines that the dome had created, appearing above isaac and laughing maniacly as a MOON BLAST flies towards isaac and bryan manipulates the vines to try and slash at him too. [break][break]

"Cmon let me see the thing you partnered with! What was more important than us?!"

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 3:53:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac wanted, so badly, to respond to Bryan's accusation. However, before he could, piercing judgment came at Xerneas' hands. The legend had heard just as much about Isaac as Isaac had heard about them, and had apparently liked what they had heard. Such a pity that Isaac had to go and prove them wrong.[break][break]

"I didn't-" But he had, hadn't he? He walked the line for as long as he could, and the time came where he had to make a choice. He'd walked away from Rocket. No matter how badly he wanted a happy ending for everyone he loved, they'd take that personally. He couldn't even blame them for it. "This isn't what I wanted."[break][break]

It didn't matter what he wanted. All that mattered was what was coming for him. Isaac threw down a Pokeball, hunkering down behind its light as vines lashed out at him on all sides. Gleaming gold poked out through the dust; the King's Shield, his Aegislash's means of protecting him from the inevitable.[break][break]

The shield was nigh-unbreakable, but even it paled in comparison to the might of a legendary. As Isaac tried to hold it against Xerneas' Moonblast, the force of the onslaught sent it flying. He'd survived another round, but he couldn't keep playing keepaway forever. Bryan's onslaught grew mightier by the second, and soon Isaac would have to fight.[break][break]

But how could he fight a man he already hated hurting?[break][break]

"." If Bryan had been expecting a clue as to Isaac's patronage, he'd be in for a rude awakening. Power was never what any of this was about. "And he wasn't more important than you. He knew people here were important, too. He just wanted to help me make a better world. Proved to me that we could, back in Galar. And for that, he was kidnapped, tortured, had unspeakable things done to him . . ."[break][break]

"He was the big sibling I never had. How could I stand back and let that happen to him?"[break][break]

For a single, dark moment, Isaac thought about drawing that equivalency. However, he bit down on his tongue before it could slip out. Bryan could draw his own conclusions. Isaac wasn't going to weaponize the hole in his soul against him. Not even if it meant the difference between life and death.[break][break]

"I needed to help him. I never wanted to hurt you. It was who made that choice."[break][break]

"But I still did. And I'm sorry."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 0:26:41 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

He lands on the king's shield, the barrier sapping his super strength away as he backs off immediately, allowing his status condition recovery to slowly give him his strength back. [break][break]

"So you leave the family you had for one you think is better?" he retorts back at the mention of and . "The one that took you in when you were nothing? When you had no one else? Real fucking nice Isaac, do you even know why they had even taken him in?! Probably cause he was turning you against us!" he says trying to give rationale as to why rocket would do such a thing. [break][break]

"I'm doing trying to debate with you. You know that isn't my style."[break][break]

Bryan rushes towards Isaac again as he gives an order to Xerneas once more, his BLACK BRIAR would start to run out of time soon, granting his opponent the ability to escape. In the meantime, while bryan was rushing towards Isaac Xerneas unleashes a PSYCHIC attack onto the Aegislash in an attempt to pry the pokemon away from it's trainer.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 1:05:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"They took him in because some sick fuck wanted to get his rocks off!" He'd been fingertips away from throttling for it. The memory danced at the edge of his voice like static electricity. "I don't want to fight you guys. But I'm done standing by while people get hurt."[break][break]

"I'm fixing this for everyone. Even if it means I have to change the world."[break][break]

A brilliant aurora, such a deep yellow it may well be gold, rippled around Isaac. The essence of courage pushed back against Bryan's wrath, Isaac staring him dead in the eye even as he barreled down their battlefield. He'd survived this long, if he was being frank, because of mercy. Bryan was right; this wasn't his usual style. Had anyone else been stuck in this dome, they'd be dead where they stood.[break][break]

Psychic power rippled around Luck & Pluck's body. Within seconds, he'd be torn out from Isaac's grip. They only had a split second, but that was all the time they'd need. Isaac and Luck & Pluck's hearts beat as one, a surge of Z-Power shooting through the Aegislash's body. With that, Xerneas' blow struck true, sending him flying. From here, all he could do was put his faith in his blade.[break][break]

They'd each have their own battle to fight. As Bryan approached, Isaac sunk down into a fighting stance of his own. His glow-up may have left him stronger, but Bryan was one of Rocket's biggest powerhouses. If he tried to take this straight, he'd get his ass wrecked. Luckily, he'd learned from one of Rocket's best grapplers. A strong, fast opponent, bent just right, would be their own worst enemy.[break][break]

He waited until a collision seemed imminent. Then, flicking out his index and middle knuckles, he stepped forward to try and sink them into Bryan's solar plexus. If he could take Bryan's breath away, he'd stand a chance. If he couldn't . . .[break][break]

Well. Best not to think about that.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — Luck & Pluck seems to charge a Z-Move, then is sent flying by Xerneas. Isaac tries to turn Bryan's momentum against him.

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 17:50:32 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

He frowns "Trying to absolve yourself huh? Nothing you do could remove it. Your sins." he says refusing to admit sins can be forgiven. it was already too late for him, maybe Isaac had a chance. [break][break]

In that moment, he rushes towards Isaac not expecting him to do very well in close quarter combat against him however Isaac's gambit works against him exactly because of that. His breath is robbed of him and Xerneas panics "Delarosa!" he shouts as Bryan tries to reach for one of the briar thorns to escape[break][break]

However where he expects to find lush green branches, brown dead roots disintegrated at his touch as the BLACK BRIAR expires and the tree of life wilts. Xerneas uses psychic to pull bryan away from danger and shields him from the incoming z-move. "G-Grimmsnarl, TANK IT!" he orders as the pokemon emerges from a pokeball as he coughs wildly and grimmsnarl immediately MEGA EVOLVES and rushes towards aegis slash in an attempt to stop the z-move.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 18:10:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You're right." It had been a lucky shot. Hsd Bryan not crumpled, it would have been his skull instead. Bryan's fist was inches away from pulverizing him like a ripe melon. "But if I'm still alive, it means I can try."[break][break]

The world didn't owe him shit. If he got a second chance, it was from being lucky enough to be given one and relentless enough to use it right. Even then, the specter of what he had done would follow him to the end of his days. There was no use in fighting it. Only by accepting it and moving on could his heart begin to mend.[break][break]

"Maybe one day, you'll agree." Bryan would have many a lifetime to figure it out.[break][break]

For now, in this one, they were foes. The Tree of Life wilted, and with it the brambles around Isaac turned black as pitch. Bryan was dazed. Now was his chance. He turned tail and ran, knowing if he didn't take this chance to escape he'd never have one again.[break][break]

Luck & Pluck sailed past to cover him. Cracked, weary, and practically glowing with Z-Power, the Aegislash met Grimmnarl's charge with one of his own. However, he didn't plan on matching the Grimmsnarl, even as it surged with Infinity Energy. He planned on bursting right through. Rather than aim for the Grimmsnarl's center mass, he tried to push past its knotted mass of hair to spite its true target; a god.[break][break]

AEGISLASH: EXCALIBUR GALATINE[break]
STEEL-TYPE[break]
aegislash charges for ONE TURN before firing an unblockable attack that is always super-effective.[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — Isaac tries to retreat. Aegislash tries to cover him by Z-Moving Xerneas. Now punish this boy!

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,664 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 16:30:51 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

The attack slices right through the grimmsnarl's hair, falling away as if sliced with the finest pair of sheers money could buy. [break][break]

And Xerneas realizes too late that he was the true target, it erects a protective barrier against the attack but even he knew his own energy couldn't completely resist the power of a z-move. The barrier cracks, the cracks growing and spreading until it completely destroys it and shatters it into a million pieces. [break][break]

It slices Xerneas across his chest, the majestic fae powerless against the cold forged steel burning into him from the mere contact. "NO!" he screams in responds as Xerneas tries to stand up right but struggles. In return, Bryan's own weakness manifests as he starts to feel weaker. Isaac unknowingly found out his weakness, should xerneas become too injured, bryan in return grows weak. [break][break]

He struggles to try and give chase to isaac, but that's when in the moment he highlights the difference between him and isaac. [break][break]

Bryan will play dirty.[break][break]

"Grimmsnarl! The aegislash! MAX SNOOZE" he orders as the grimmsnarl uses his unique move to bing the creature, casting dark fae magic to lull the pokemon off into the world of sleep while binding his hairs around the creature. "You leave and I snap this twig in half. You sentimental types wouldn't leave your pokemon like that."

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Shore - Isaac vs Bryan
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 17:59:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It crumpled.[break][break]

Against all odds, it actually crumpled.[break][break]

Luck & Pluck didn't even mind as hair surged around him. His gemlike eye grew heavy, part from fatigue but part from triumph. He'd made both a god and its minder bend the knee, and with it set the stage for his charge to escape. As a snooze that may or may not be eternal spread through his body, he realized he could live with that.[break][break]

Why did he have to be loved back?[break][break]

Isaac could have, should have, escaped from this all too familiar situation. A titan overshadowed him, the lives of his loyal Pokemon hanging in the balance. He'd escape, but only if he paid the price of their lives. Yet so, too, was the situation different. Cil was an unstoppable juggernaut, while Bryan was crumpled, kneeling, barely able to give chase. Isaac, far from the pathetic weakling he once was, had become stronger than ever before.[break][break]

He rejected the winds and skid to a halt. He would not let history repeat.[break][break]

"Let him go." With lives on the line, the worry in Isaac's voice faded. It grew harder and firmer, his pleas becoming commands. "I'll help heal Xerneas. And then I'll take Luck & Pluck and leave. We don't have to do this."[break][break]

If only he realized he'd taken the exact wrong lesson from .

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here