471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 17:20:11 GMT
parker jones Avatar

so things have been hard lately. they've been really fucking good (her hands, all over nomi's body, restful sleep for the first time in weeks, curling against her, waking up to sunshine and pink and thinking this is right, this is right and am i in love and whoa, that's crazy, that's too much, you've only been dating for twenty years a couple months) but also really fucking bad (thinking about the cataclysm, the late nights in the lab watching nomi work, worrying about the end of the their world, seeing the white white whites of nomi's eyes and thinking you always have to come back. you always have to come back to me).

this morning is okay. it's an in between. nomi has to work and she promises with folded love notes behind pursed lips that she'll be okay for the few hours parker can't keep eyes on her. 

they have their own lives. she doesn't want to be clingy. she likes existing in the same room as nomi. but she has a job to do and before her job, she has her body to take care of and anyway, she feels terrible if she doesn't work out. 

jogging is a pain, but when the cold sweat starts rolling, it's easy to forget about all the rest of it. it's easy to not think about all the bad and instead, to think, i'm gonna get so buff, i'm gonna punch the sun.

the playground by the harbor is her usual spot. the bars she grips are bitching cold, but her running partner helps warm them up for her. she does a crazy modified burpee, pushing up and launching out of her squat, grabbing onto the bar, hauling ass into the chin-up and then back down, all the way down to the ground. 

scorbunny watches her in awe. a couple kids kick some rocks with the rabbit, but the gaggle of them don't stop glancing over every once in a while. 
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 18:26:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]After an exhausting week of working out at all the hardest gyms in the region and drinking the nights away in the biggest, baddest biker bars, Isaac confirmed he was no closer to finding Parker than when he started. All he had to show for his efforts were sore muscles, the occasional brawl, and a trophy for the top score on the mechanical Tauros.[break][break]

Man. Emotional reconciliation was tiring. The babbies of his team needed a break.[break][break]

The Slateport playground would be their destination. Usually, Petalburg was more their speed these days, but all the drinking and sweat made Isaac kind of nostalgic for the old port town. What would be the harm in crashing over there for an afternoon? He could just run like the wind to another town afterwards to make sure he didn't fall behind on his search.[break][break]

As he approached, he couldn't help but notice that half of the playground seemed kind of barren. That was because most of the people there clustered along a single part of the park. Even as they played around, they kept stealing glances at the superhuman feats of athletics going on slightly further down the run.[break][break]

The superhuman feats of athletics performed by one Parker Jones.[break][break]

Fuck.[break][break]

It was amazing. As soon as he called for a break in his little plan, he stumbled right into the one he was looking for. How was he supposed to know she did her working out on playground asphalt? Perhaps he shouldn't have been so surprised. She was never one to do things by the book.[break][break]

For the time being, he shot her a smile and a wave. Watson needed uppies onto the nearby swingset, and it was rude to interrupt reps in progress. He could wait until they were both done with their respective business.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 23:15:09 GMT
parker jones Avatar
salt tickles her nose. so does copper. her lungs huff with the exertion, capillaries bursting and giving her that copper tang that accompanies pushing your body well past its limits. her wrists are blooming red from grasping with such fervor. a couple of the kids are cheering her on. one little dude is pretending he's not impressed. 

he kicks a rock at her and scorbunny sends it back, punting it into his stomach and sending him away crying. out of the corner of her eye, she watches the parents' reaction and grins like a wolf when they contemplate and decide Fuck No. 

back to it. 

she goes until just before her arms start feeling like jelly. breathing hard through her mouth, a dribble of clear snot trailing down her nose, she takes a hearty swig from her water and counts down until her next set. 

some short meathead walks behind a tottering totodile, back to her. she slams her palms together, flexes her fingers, and hauls ass back onto the bar. this time she goes for pull-ups, legs crossed at the ankles as she pumps up and down and - 

fuck, what?

mr hunk is waving and it's not some nameless dumbass. it's motherfucking stupidass piece of shit ISAAC GODSDAMNED MERLO

her grip slackens out of surprise and she grimaces as the full force of her weight shunts onto her shoulders. the old injury doesn't quite pop, but it hurts like a bitch and she totters onto the asphalt, fuming. 

snot still running down her face. pink hair matted on her forehead. muscles still tight with exertion. she's only halfway done and if she walks over there right now, she knows what she's gonna fuckin' do. 

so she scowls and drops, face hovering over the ground as she counts in rapid succession onetwothreefourfivesixseveneightnineteneleven - push-ups, going, going, going, staring at the ground and seeing scarlet.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 0:06:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Just a wave was enough to distract Parker from her reps. Isaac winced a little as she took the full downswing of a pull-up on her shoulders, but she didn't seem to pay it mind. Instead, she started doing push-ups. She started doing lots of push-ups. At the rate and intensity she was cranking them out, Isaac was half convinced she was trying to pound a hole into the ground.[break][break]

Maybe she was. Maybe it was the only alternative to doing the same to his face.[break][break]

Isaac tried not to pay it any mind. He tried to just give Watson his time on the swings. However, the little Totodile was every bit as emotionally aware as he was socially idiotic. After a particularly good push, he took advantage of his momentum to yeet himself right off of the swing.[break][break]

"Watson-" But he refused. Ignoring Isaac's voice, the Totodile merrily skipped up to his favorite person's favorite person's favorite person. With how focused she was on the ground, would she even see him coming?[break][break]

He'd wait for her to take a break, because even someone as scatterbrained as Watson had a sense of timing. Then, with a little heave-ho, he'd plop down right on her back. It was as if he was something between a workout partner and a wet, scaly therapy dog. Poor Isaac was left facepalming at the sight, all while Watson looked pleased as punch.[break][break]

Quietly, encouragingly, the Totodile would rasp for Parker to crank out the next step. She could do it! He believed in her!

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 4:04:47 GMT
parker jones Avatar
he helped give her the world. watson too. her nose nearly touches the asphalt. sweat drips down her nose. it stings her eyes. her palms are prickled all over from playground sand and pebbles. she relishes the bite of it in her skin. makes her think of the matching skinned knees she and always had.

on a push up, the totodile nears. her mouth twists in a grimace, but she's too out of breath to snap at the gator to leave her alone. and she pays the price. the muscles in her back knot, straining, and she huffs out an exhale, catching it behind her teeth and shifting into the new weight. 

and then she goes down. and up. and down. slower, now, because she's built like a truck, but she's still human

slow enough that rage-fueled heart palpitations aren't making her see herself punch the lights out of isaac in a ridiculous amount of ways. she's still mad. she's still really fucking mad by the time she's done, but by the time she's done, she's exhausted. 

she could probably eat like fifty eggs right now and still be hungry. hungry enough for bacon and ham and half a loaf of bread and shit, she's starving. usually she trots right back home and gorges herself protein, but muscle isaac will have to do.

with watson dutifully in tow, she walks back to isaac. the kids have mostly gone back to playing. 

which is good. 

because parker underestimates her ability to stay angry. 

and punches isaac in the face.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 15:13:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]With each push-up, Watson rasped out another cheer. She was strong! She was important! She was fun to be around! She could do it! He'd almost become her metronome, guessing the pace of her ups and downs to the letter. Then, as quickly as his intrusion started, it ended. He hopped off her back the second her set was over, offering a claw to help her out.[break][break]

The poor thing never expected she'd storm over and slug his trainer in the face.[break][break]

It wasn't that he couldn't have dodged. With her set shoulders and intense scowl, she'd sure made her intent obvious. However, Isaac hadn't moved a muscle. Instead, setting his jaw, he took the brunt of her rage at full force. The hit was such that he damn near spun as he stumbled back, catching his stance at just the last moment.[break][break]

Watson looked between the two, shock and worry in his eyes. However, Isaac quieted him down with a wave of his hand. When he turned back to look at Parker, the imprint of her knuckles was etched against the side of that unshakeable smile.[break][break]

"That help?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 0:44:48 GMT
parker jones Avatar
scorbunny is too busy playing footsies with a rock to worry about what her trainer's doing. she's about as no-thoughts-head-empty as watson is, minus the sociability. 

parker stares him down. her shoulders tighten. her jaw tightens. her calves tighten. her fucking toes curl. the smile on his face makes it worse. her heart tightens. 

"fuck you."

for getting out. for leaving her behind. for leaving before they knew each other proper. for teasing a friendship and slapping her in the face with it. for hurting nomi. for putting nomi in danger. for making nomi cry. 

bruised knuckles raise again. a muscle in her cheek flicks. but then she drops her arm and scowls down at the ground. 
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 4:40:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]You flatter me. But I couldn't do that to Nomes.[break][break]

Any other circumstance, and Isaac would have let his humor fly with reckless abandon. He and Parker were both the irreverent types. They'd be the first to shoot the shit, take the wind out of the sails of this dark pall hanging over them both. It was there way of coping, even when things were at their darkest.[break][break]

With how Parker felt, Isaac knew for once it wasn't the time or place.[break][break]

Right now, she needed to get it all out of her system. Despite that, she stayed her hand, her knuckles dropping listlessly to her side. Isaac watched it with a raised eyebrow, curiosity and concern mingling in the back of his mind.[break][break]

"I get it. You've got every reason in the world to be pissed." At me. At the world. At everything. "And I've been there. I know where we come from, we don't get a lot of chances to talk about that shit." Team Rocket was never where you showed your true feelings. Not with the threat loose lips posed to Walsh's regime.[break][break]

"I understand where you're coming from. Both 'cause I've been in your shoes, and because I caused you so much bullshit. So even if you hate my guts, just . . ." He sighed, a guilty smile spreading across his face. "Fire away. Words. Fists. Anything you gotta do. If it helps you feel better, even a little bit, it's all fair game to me."[break][break]

It was the least he could do, and yet it still wasn't nearly enough.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 6:47:35 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"you get it?" she says, baffled. "you get it?

she spits at his feet. is this why he's here? to tell her it's okay to be angry, just hit me! just make it all go away, parker! just yell at me, parker! so he can fucking feel better about what he did? so he can wipe his hands clean of guilt when they're six fucking feet under?

"nah, nah." she reacts with violence because she doesn't know how else and because he's telling her it's what she needs and she hates that she needs it and, "i beat on fuckers every godsdamned day, isaac. what the hell makes you think beatin' your ass is gonna fix this? is gonna fix any of this?" 

her lips are curled, words sharp on razor teeth, fingers fisted in his shirt to raise him eye level even if she wants to look down on him. 

and then, she thinks about something that really does make her angry. 

"you makin' rounds? stay away from us. i swear to fuck if you put nomi in any more danger, i'll fuckin' kill you."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 14:28:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]For the safety of all children involved, Watson papered over any further fucks with timely "WAH" sounds. He may've missed the first drop, but there was surely time to protect their innocence![break][break]

It was a stark contrast to Isaac and Parker. They could never know innocence again, yet weren't cut out for the special breed of loss Rocket caused. One managed to get out from the organization's orbit, even as its gravity threatened to crush him to nothing. The other, trapped in its pull yet strong enough to weather it, could only stare from the other side.[break][break]

Both were envious. Both were resentful. Both deserved far better.[break][break]

"Those f-" WAH! "-are just randoms. Cheap distractions so you can try and vent. But you hold shit close to your chest, especially when it matters." He sighed, warmth and worry in his eyes as he met her scowl head on. "I'm worried it's gonna kill you one day."[break][break]

"Beating me isn't gonna fix this. But if it works shit out of your system enough to see straight, maybe we can talk."[break][break]

She put two and two together, and hoisted Isaac off the ground for his trouble. Between his size-up and his grappling lessons, he should have easily been able to resist. Instead, he hung there like a fish on a line. This time, as she spoke her threats, he listened loud and clear.[break][break]

"You've been the ones making rounds to find me," he pointed out. "Do you know how many attempts on my life I've had to fight off? Didn't even wait til I was out of the hospital to get started. And I had to face every ghost of my past short of himself on that resurfaced island. Trust me. If I could walk away from this whole mess and focus on helping people, I would."[break][break]

Maybe that was what Rocket feared most.[break][break]

"But I'm not here for any of that. No rounds. No agendas. I'm just here for you."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:55:31 GMT
parker jones Avatar
but they're not just randoms. she knows their stories. she knows their families. she knows their friends. that's her job - to know their closest, well-kept secrets and to use them to threaten if her fists don't work. they're convenient. she has issues with her rage and they're a get out of jail fuckin' free card when it comes to behavioral therapy. 

he's right, though. it's gonna kill her one day. 

"i hoped they'd get you," she says. betrayal still stings, prickling the corner of her eyes. "so i don't have to." here, now, they're safe, though. 

are they? 

if he's had rockets crawling up his asshole since the hospital, ain't no way he can just walk around in broad daylight like this without a tail. right?

"i hear they call you the liberator now. cheeky fuck. what, you gonna liberate me? 'cause you know damn well that ain't happenin'. not while she's here."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 5:03:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Good news and bad news, Parker. The best of the best have tried, and I'm still standing." Parker could draw her own conclusions from that. Was Isaac free from their torment? Or would it follow him for the rest of his life, peaks and valleys of Rocket activity?[break][break]

With his good-natured boast came a warning. If she was to try, she'd have to finish what even couldn't.[break][break]

He dropped his Copperajah in the room. She dropped hers. Now they could have a nice little playdate of unpleasant truths. They were even already at a playground! Such serendipity. Parker's hit its intended mark. would always be . . . not a weakness of Isaac's, but a vulnerability.[break][break]

"You don't think I know that?" Frankly, he would've hit Parker with his whole little ramble if he knew she was in any ppsition to hear it. "Look, I'm not gonna play stupid. If I could get you two out of there, I would. Not even gonna hesitate there."[break][break]

"I want the world to see how brilliant Nomes is. I want to see her on every magazine cover, holding up her latest Oak's prize for ending cancer or some shit like that. The fact that she's locked in some dingy sub doing Arceus-knows-what to Arceus-knows-who for some gallery of psychopaths breaks my heart. And I know it breaks yours, too."[break][break]

"And, fuck, Parker. You're no killer. You'll do everything else in the toolbox, but you've got one line and you can't hide from it forever." He remembered 's gun to his head. He already lived that proof. "You deserve to live your life on your terms, not theirs. But I know she's not going anywhere, and she's your life, so neither are you. I get it."[break][break]

He sighed. Arceus, how long had he been keeping that close to his chest? How long did he silence the warnings from Maldacena's app every time Nomi shot him that perfect smile? How long did he bite his tongue, holding back the same offer he gave ? How long did he find himself thinking of Parker, even, wishing he knew her more before he had to run?[break][break]

Maybe today, it was he who needed to be liberated. The anguish left his features, purpose taking its place.[break][break]

"She thinks we've got some special purpose. I dunno about me, but. When she's literally made nice with the word of god, it's hard to doubt her. If the weight of the universe is gonna hang on the shoulders of a Rocket diehard, I'm glad its her. And I can take it as a sign to cut the crap, at least for now." Nevertheless, he scoffed. "If you ask me, Rocket needs her way more than she needs them, anyway."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 2:08:33 GMT
parker jones Avatar
she could be happy for him. instead of letting herself turn green, she could be happy for him. and maybe she could have, if she hadn't known he'd resurface. he'd complicate things. he's always going to complicate things. that's how enemies work

"i coulda got ya killed," she says. and it would have happened. she knew from the moment he broke that fuckin' chain in the border that he was leaving all the rest of them behind. it's just, with things like that, you gotta ignore it before your own sanity. you gotta tell yourself, that ain't my job and just deal with the fallout. 

that's what she's been telling herself anyway.

she stares coolly at him the entire time he talks. she wills herself to stay rooted to the ground. she imagines her tennis shoes have rocks in them. and then that they have 50 pound weights in them, but really small. and then that they're covered in concrete all the way up to her ankles. 

he narrates every rated-e-for-everyone fantasy she's had about herself and nomi. 

"i was fine with my line, isaac. fine doing grunt work. fine being the piece of shit no one cared about so long as i got my quotas filled." she scowls. but that's gone now. and it's not gone because of isaac.

it's gone because of nomi. 

she breaks the concrete and kicks at the ground, swearing. scorbunny stops juggling a pebble and hops over. parker ignores her so she goes up to and around isaac, cheeks puffing as she dribbles in circles. 

"cool. great. yeah, fuck me, isaac. i already knew all this. what's the point, huh? to find me 'n go 'na-na na-na boo boo, rocket's gonna kill you'?"

she laughs an empty, callous laugh. "like i don't already know? well, fuck you." and then, with a gritting of her teeth, a rolling of her tongue, she squares her shoulders and clasps a meaty hand on one of his shoulders. 

"and i get it. fine. cool. we both made our beds. you got that dog. i go down, you keep her up."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
child's play
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 5:00:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You could've. But I know you don't want that." A slight note of pain crept into Isaac's voice. He was acutely aware how much easier things would have been for Parker if she did. A part of him almost wished for it. At least then she wouldn't have to struggle under this conflict. "And I hope they never realize."[break][break]

So, why was he here, then? If this was a victory lap, it was a real shitty one. "No, it's not . . . I just-" he started, before realizing he had no idea how to end that sentence. "Look, I want to help you somehow. But I know where I'm standing I've got a snowball's chance in hell of doing that. So I'm not even gonna try saying anything about that." He sighed, his eyes finally meeting Parker's.[break][break]

"I just want you two to be okay. You earned that, damnit."[break][break]

What had said to him broke his heart. How could she ever think Parker was mad at her, when the love Parker had for her was stronger than anything else? Even if she was mad, it could never come from a place of hatred. It could only come from that unyielding, unbreakable love. Would that be enough to set the course right with them?[break][break]

"So just . . . Arceus, this is gonna sound silly. I know you've got this way more figured out than I ever could." Nevertheless, that spark of worry shone in his eyes, because fear was stronger than the waking mind ever could be. "But, even when all this bullshit's going on, just promise me you'll talk to her, okay? You know how bad she can be at figuring this stuff out sometimes."[break][break]

She was the smartest woman in the world, and yet to her feelings would always be an enigma. Reminders never hurt.[break][break]

" 'Sides. You don't gotta worry." His own worry hardened into determination, because like ice to water they were two sides of the same coin in Isaac's books. "Like hell am I gonna let them hurt you."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
471 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
child's play
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 1:06:00 GMT
parker jones Avatar
every time she says something that would warrant her a scowl, or at least shred of anger, he goes and throws cold water on her. tells her that no matter how many bricks she puts in front of herself, no matter how fucking tough she tries to make herself look, he's gonna see right through it. he's gonna see right through her. 

it kills her that he's here. as much as she was - is - at him for showing up like this, she's madder he's here without answers

she snorts. "me 'n my 'parker no kill' line doesn't make me a good person, isaac. don't mean i earned shit."

what the hell has she done. what the hell has parker jones ever done except wake up, work out, shit, and rough up some low lives for money? she's a bad person and that's her choice and she's fine with that. nomi's a sore subject. she's done some fucked up things too. 

"you wanna help me, isaac? stay away from us. you stick your neck out for us and they see? you know what's gonna fuckin' happen. i tangled with dross once and on godsdamned rumors alone, cillian shadow-tentacle quinn ripped my leg apart to make a point."

she shows teeth. "you see me get cut on the field, you walk the fuck away. 'cause they question me, they question nomi, and there's no comin' back from treason."

he knows that. 

"but yeah. yeah, i'll talk to her." all the fight leaves her. stressed, she runs her fingers through her hair, slicking cooling sweat into the pink. 
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights