she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 23:42:40 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"Maybe." Himiko said as she continued to fix the flowers and wreathes here. It was a pretty expected thought to have. Humans had that bit of self-preservation to keep them to totally giving into despair. But she looked back at Cian. "Life is cruel, isn't it? Our time here is finite and some go before their time. I'm not trying to offend, but it's what we were taught as children."

Himiko's eyes traveled alongside the memorial into the sky with a slight smirk as she continued.

"One summer, a violent typhoon came and devastated our home near the coat. Homes destroyed, people displaced, and some even lost their lives. But the following day, when the clouds parted ways, people stopped what they were doing to watch. We marveled about it being the most breathtaking sunset we had ever seen in decades."

A hand leaned down to brush away from bust and excess dried petals from another plaque.

"It's only after something horrible that the things we take for granted seem all the more important."

His question did cause her to pause. She had asked the same thing to her grandmother long ago and never got an answer. Her attention focused back on him as they moved to the next spot.

"I believe they do. They're only truly dead if you stop remembering them. They may not reply, but that doesn't mean they aren't listening."

She stopped a short distance away before turning back to him as an idea popped into her head. He could definitely learn a little bit more about her spirituality this way.

"Can you tell me a little about your friend? Maybe show me where his name is around here?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 9:27:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

"i guess that's where that saying comes from. there's always a rainbow after the storm, or something like that."[break][break]

he wonders if look on the bright side comes from a similar origin.[break][break]

"sure, it should be this way."[break][break]

turning a particular direction, he starts walking, making sure to keep his pace slow in an attempt to extend the conversation they're having as a thought rises.[break][break]

"have you ever been to the border?"

[attr="class","oocnotes"]MEMORIAL MAINTENANCE

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 9:12:10 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
Himiko took Cian's lead while he led her in the direction of the final resting place of his friend. She did have to admit, talking to one of the people here was surprisingly relaxing. SHe had assumed he would be like a lot of the Hoenn natives. Cocky, maybe a bit arrogant, the works.

But then again, who was she to judge when not in character?

"The Border?" she asked the man, giving him a confused glance. "Of the region? I thought Hoenn was an island by itself, unconnected from any landmass."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 9:32:52 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

he shakes his head, equally confused for a moment before he realizes that perhaps not everyone is familiar with the rifts.[break][break]

"no, no, there's a place called the border which lies beyond a dimensional rift in mount pyre. it's where spirits are trapped, i heard."[break][break]

looking over, he offers another thought:[break][break]

"it's a freaky place, so i wouldn't recommend going."[break][break]

after a moment of searching, he finds his friend's resting place, liam summers, etched into stone.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 7:30:48 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
Oh, that did make sense. Himiko had been told about the area beyond Hoenn, mostly from Rocket superiors. Once such location had contained a beauty beyond words, that Nihilego of hers. The perfect poisonous pokemon for any poisoner worth their money.

She obviously was going to go, regardless of what anybody said, but for now, she could use a friend in Hoenn. No need to get on his bad side.

"It does sound dangerous. I think I'll just stay in my shop for the time being."

Himiko teased and came to stop before the name of Cian's friend that rested here.

"Here, let me help you get into position."

She moved behind him, that lavender scent sticking to her able to waft around his form. Her arms guided his limbs into the correct praying position. Knees down, feet outward, and torso bent at the halfway. Himiko then scooted down beside him and smiled.

"This isn't exactly one of the shrines back at home, but we can make do. Close your eyes and quietly picture him in your mind. It can be a happy memory you shared when you were kids or a day that has some sort of significance to you."

"Once you have it pictured, think of what you wish to say to him. It will make sense once you're in the middle of it."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 4:18:10 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"okay, sure."[break][break]

it's a little awkward at first to do as instructed and to be physically guided by her. he appreciates it, of course, but it's still difficult to relieve the tension in his muscles.[break][break]

but as he closes his eyes, his mind wanders back to simpler times, to happier days where the only worry he had was what would be for dinner or when the rain would stop so that he could go on a run.[break][break]

"do i..."[break][break]

he whispers, eyes still closed.[break][break]

"do i say it out loud?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 8:18:38 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"You can, if it helps you focus." Himiko answered him back, "Or if you want your privacy, you may think them as well. As long as you can envision yourself letting them know."

She gave him a moment to get ready and waited for him to finish saying what he wanted. It could have been peace, forgiveness or a wellness check. She had heard it all before. Said it all before. Even just doing this made her feel a tad more homesick.

"I haven't done this since leaving home, actually. It's made me worry about who I used to visit myself."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 9:37:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"i'll say it in my head."[break][break]

he nods, agreeing to it before closing his eyes and saying the words he wants to say to his friend over and over again, each time louder than the last, as though repetition is what will make them hear him.[break][break]

"hope you're chilling up there."[break][break]

chuckling, he opens his eyes back up.[break][break]

"who did you used to visit?" he asks without thinking about it.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:42:53 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"My grandparents, mainly. When I was young, my grandmother would show me how to work in her garden while watching me. My parents were often busy so she took care of me." Himiko answered with a faint smile on her face. One that was happy but did show that she missed the older woman.

"I never really got to say goodbye to her since I was so little when she passed. I made trips out to visit every week since. As you may have guessed, we're the embodiment traditionalism. I often wonder if I should have been a miko rather than a florist."

Himiko laughed softly at Cian. It was rare of her to open up about her feelings, especially to a stranger. But he didn't know anything about her on a grander scale. Just two souls passing by in the wind. So she did feel a little more safe about opening up to him.

"Have you said all of your peace? Or would you like a little more time to yourself while I clean up a bit?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 5:14:53 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

her soft laugh is joined by his as he appreciates her opening up to him. they are still strangers, after all, but the conversation they have had and the moment they have shared feels more intimdiate than that.[break][break]

he smiles.[break][break]

"umm, i think i've said all of it, yup."[break][break]

suddenly feeling awkward for no particular reason, his feet shifts underneath him as he stands back up.[break][break]

"have you found closure? with your grandmother."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 0:14:07 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
Himiko had gotten quiet at his question. She pursed her lips together and began thinking about how to really answer what Cian was curious about.

"I don't think I ever will be, to be honest. I never left her side when I was younger, and the one time I do, I wasn't there when she needed me the most."

The Kanton woman turned back around to Cian, giving him a meager, small smile at the man.

"But such is life. We have our regrets and we have to live with them. I'm sure she'd never want me to show my face there again for never returning, even if it wasn't my fault."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nocturne-serenade
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 10:27:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"it's hard not to let regrets weigh us down. i still struggle a lot with that."[break][break]

her small smile is reflected wider and a little brighter, as though still hesitant from the unfamiliarity of being strangers and not friends.[break][break]

it doesn't stop him from trying to reassure her, however.[break][break]

"but for what it's worth, i think she would've appreciated seeing you again. it sounds like you two shared a close bond, one that could've been fixed."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights