Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
ULTRA PLANT #1: Yujin & Gwyar
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 17:22:11 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ULTRA PLANT #1

ft. (1st, 4th overall), (1st, 4th overall.)

PROMPTS
06 involve the detonation of voltorb or electrode in some way.

04 experience a temporary, but devastating mass blackout.

05 investigate the depowered power stations and their destroyed cords, powerbanks, machinery, etc.

13 engage a massive shard of a regieleki that had its original form displaced here by an unknown force.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 17:32:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ULTRA PLANT #1: YG

ft.

Despite its name, the Ultra plant was not, in fact, a single, massively sized power plant formerly operated by Megalopolans.

A vast wasteland stretched out before the INTERPOL operatives' eyes as they stepped past the portal, massive spears of lightning flashing in the distance one after another, before booming, thrumming thunder roared past them, its might reverberating through their bodies.

Massive cords lit up as the lightning struck the earth, revealing pathways to them that guided towards abandoned power stations strewn all about.

They were not there on League orders. Well, they were, but the reason they had come together was not just to see to the league's demands.

Much like the rest of the world, INTERPOL, too, was curious about the many fantastical elements that permeated Hoenn. This was but one of many reports they would need to file.

"It is gladdening to see you in good health, Ms. Ha. Always a pleasure to work with you." He said, breaking the silence he had held when they met before league personnel.

TL;DR:
-Arrived.

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
critical mass of hearts and minds
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 0:12:05 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“And you’re still a tall glass of water, Mr. Wledig.”[break][break]

With a flick of her wrist, her titanium briefcase snaps open. Inside are a motley array of tools: survey equipment, a PDA, a quietly concealed gun. Around the handle itself is a klefki with microchips looped around it instead of keys.[break][break]

With the sporadic lightning overhead, they gleam in all directions.[break][break]

The briefcase snaps shut and Yujin nods, leading the party forward with the klefki rising from dormancy by her side.[break][break]

“I’ll need to plant my sensors in a few places, but other than that, we’re free to investigate as you see fit.”[break][break]

Her gaze slides over to him from the corner of her eye.[break][break]

“...How are you doing?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 16:26:53 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

"Hoenn has not cut me down to size yet, fortunately." He mused with a smile, eyes flickering over to the now open briefcase, recognizing the tools inside.

Thank the gods they had sent her with him. He was absolutely abhorrent with tech.

His shadow deepened briefly before his Aegislash rose in tandem with the Clefki, hovering besides the man.

"Then let us find the nearest station." He said simply, eyes sweeping over the horizon line as lightning clapped again and again, the sharp flashes framing inorganic shapes in the distance.

The massive cords would be their guides.

"I am still alive, am I not?" In their line of work, and specially the kind he regularly undertook, that was never assured.

That didn't even account for mad, fantastically homicidal worlds like Hoenn.

"To my own shock, I must admit. When I was assigned to Hoenn, I never imagined it would be such a... long term assignment."

4 years later and things didn't appear to be anywhere near over. The top brass wanted to know everything that was going on, too.

There were probably a lot of other secret INTERPOL agents running about Hoenn right about then.

TL;DR:
-Arrived.
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 18:03:56 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I may be going the same way.”[break][break]

A posting of indefinite duration; a grand migration of so many agents to Hoenn, like carrier pidgeys all returning home at their master’s call.[break][break]

“Alive, but how whole? Do let me know if you need a referral for evaluation.”[break][break]

She tuts. “Only because the people of this region seem to suffer constant, debilitating psychic damage.”[break][break]

And on cue, a bloom of electricity unfurls in the distance. The massive cables cut otherworldly shapes through the blinding flash, and taunts them as the roar of the spark arrives a moment later.[break]

06 involve the detonation of voltorb or electrode in some way.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 18:46:12 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

"Best we get used to working with one another, then." He said simply, ever-present smile on his lips as they sauntered through the lightning-infested wasteland.

This would be a good demo for many missions yet to come.

"I do believe myself wholly intact." He mused, making a playful show of looking himself over, his Aegislash joining in as she spun around him. "Though I would not oppose an evaluation. Best not to get too conceited at my age."

40 wasn't much— but it was around the age most athletes and professional fighters tended to retire. For good reason, too.

"They do seem a little slow to react, don't they?" He nodded along— before his line of thought was brought to a booming halt.

His gaze snapped towards the explosion, his Aegislash all but materializing between the two agents and source. But they were not in any immediate danger, mercifully.

Though, they would soon realize that whatever that was, came with its own issues.

While lightning continued to crash in the distance— not a single cord lit up in response to it.

Whatever that was, it had seemingly brought down the system with it.

"... I believe our destination has been changed for us." Gwyar said wryly, his gaze on the rising cloud of smoke in the distance, constantly framed by flashing lightning.

TL;DR:
-04 experience a temporary, but devastating mass blackout.
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 0:03:20 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

A sign by any other name.[break][break]

Yujin retrieves a chip in Tyrian purple from the klefki, slotting it neatly into her PDA. The screen illuminates their surroundings, and for a time, she watches it more closely than her own two feet.[break][break]

It beeps now and then—an incorrigible hymn for a dubious tech-priest.[break][break]

“And your sword skills? Are they still as sharp as I recall?”[break][break]

Galatine certainly looks none worse for wear.[break][break]

“I wouldn’t mind getting bullied again. I’ve become reliant on guns.”[break][break]

They climb a few sinewy cables and crest a low-lying plateau with three smooth-faced monoliths atop. “Ah, here’s a good spot! Hold.” [break][break]

It is a simple manner to thrust three heavy black rods into the onyx soil, then secure them together in a kind of tripod interlocking that seems almost as alien as its surroundings.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 18:00:14 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

"Shaper yet, I'd say." Gwyar replied whilst watching her work, marvelling at the ease with which she seemed to navigate the confounding (to him) tech. "I've had many an opportunity to improve since arriving at Hoenn."

Enlightenment came in my forms— near death experiences at the hands of Swordmaster Pokemon apparently standing at the top of the list.

"I wouldn't hesitate to call it bullying." Gwyar mused with an amused smile. "I'll have you know I've become quite the coveted tutor, as a matter of fact. You'll be in good hands."

He had learned quite a lot about teaching since arriving to Hoenn, too. Even more than he had whilst raising and helping train his own daughters.

He probably should go back and train them a bit more, just in case...

"Oh?" He utters as he stops.

The location did not look special to his eye. He didn't quite understand what she was up to, either.

"If you don't mind my asking— what is the purpose of those rods?"

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 5:56:37 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Tutoring is such a nice word. It also sounds expensive.”[break][break]

All her most memorable lessons were the ones that left stress fractures in her bones.[break][break]

“Ah, these things?” Yujin beams like a mother showing off her children. “This is an Aether Foundation prototype. You know how it is. What the public gets is some ten years behind what the government is playing with.”[break][break]

She tests the device’s foundation with her foot. “It picks up a bunch of specialized readings. They have a hypothesis about Z-Power, so I have to go and stake them in every rift.” Even she didn’t fully understand it or even most of the things derived in the holy terra of their labs. She just knew how to use them and fix them.[break][break]

And with that done, all they had to do was cross another cable-chasm to reach the defunct power station that was still smoking.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 17:46:31 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

"Very." He said with a bright smile.

Best to put a nice, big price tag on what little free time he nowadays had left, no?

Speaking of inordinately expensive things, though.

"Ah, I see. Z-power..." He said softly, taking a subtle step back from the suddenly dangerous (to his bank account) looking sticks. "Should we not attempt to mask them?"

The league was not the only organization regularly exploring the rifts. Rocket was quite thorough in its explorations, last he had read.

And in any case, neither league nor rocket could be allowed to get their hands on INTERPOL tech. Aether tech?

Whatever.

After that had been sorted out, they resumed their travels through the desolate landscape, balancing themselves over the massive cords as they made their way to the slowly nearing station.

Before long, they were standing before the power station, watching as billows of thin smoke slowly flowed out of the structure's many holes.

Something had most definitely blown up here, and it didn't seem like it had been a malfunction.

"Let's stay alert now." Gwyar said, his Aegislash moving forth to take the lead.
TL;DR:
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 19:50:08 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Not to worry. The contingencies are built in,” she says, in the interest of narrative time.[break][break]
Though apparently both the Hoennian League and Rocket were on near equal footing anyway. What’s their benefits? How’d they attract so many young genius scientists? [break][break]

[break]
Her eyes trace the shape of some massive, inert object, straight out of the pages of an industrial era magazine. The walls, the wiring, the winches that stretch floor to ceiling often seem mismatched, anachronistic, meant for the hands of both humans and something else.[break][break]
“But you have quite a bit of experience with alternate dimensions and anomalies, no?”[break][break]
They pick their way through darkened rooms and silent passages. Now and then she alternates her microchips, scanning something new with a frown or faintest raise of the eyebrows.[break][break]
“Sea Hoenn. Land Hoenn. DRK Triad. Rifts all over the place.” She waves a hand.[break]

05 investigate the depowered power stations and their destroyed cords, powerbanks, machinery, etc.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 20:18:07 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

"Some." Gwyar said simply as he looked around, at a complete loss amongst the mass of wiring and steel machinery. "I've never set foot on sea or land Hoenn. I was present for 'The Cloud', however."

An even more confounding experience than either of the earlier two, he would've argued. He still did not know if it had been a an alternate universe, a space between, a simulation, a glitch in the matrix... So many things it could be, each with their own grand implications.

All centered around the Drk Triad.

"Likewise, my experiences with the Drk Triad have been limited— on a personal level, at any rate."

The amount of times they had clashed was not inconsiderable, but it was clear that he was not amongst their targets. The few times he had clashed with the leadership, he had just happened to be there.

"Though Rocket is ostensibly the main enemy, Drk Triad represents a threat to our universe's continued existence." He said. "Our many agents would be better employed in searching for them than concerning ourselves with rocket."

Rocket was propelled by greed; easy to understand, easier yet to deal with when a convenient time came. The DRK triad meant to destroy their universe, and was of the means to do so.
TL;DR:

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 2:33:48 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Oh? You think so?”[break][break]
Her smile grows wider by half the inch.[break][break]

“If you ever bring it up to the bigwigs, I’ll support it.”[break][break]

She is loyal to the Core: a studious cog in the overwhelming machine, even if personal interests lie elsewhere.[break][break]

Unable, or unwilling, to step a hair’s breadth out of line.[break][break]

Eventually her search leads her to a new room, wherein she disappears beyond the titan-sized doors into the lap of silence. What follows is a thunderous boom—and all the cables curled around the edges of the powerplant flare into life like the spine of a sea beast.[break][break]

Yujin hastily reappears and slams the door shut, running over to Gwyar. Purplish energy snaps into place around the door in a FAIRY LOCK from the equally hurried klefki.[break][break]

“RETREAT!” she cackles at her partner, just before the doors are blown open by a volley of electricity and the vaguely-visible pattern of red eyes behind it.

13 engage a massive shard of a regieleki that had its original form displaced here by an unknown force.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,429 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 18:17:41 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

ft.

"It'll not do us much good." He said simply, shaking his head. "They've not witnessed what we have with their own eyes."

There wasn't much photo or video proof regarding the Drk Triad either. They would need to ignore everything they knew about Rocket on the word of a couple of field agents alone.

Unlikely.

He smiled, watching her disappear into the next room as he spoke.

"I'll appreciate the support however, if it ever come to that." He said, not following after immediately. There wasn't much he could do here, other than stay out of her way and not break anythin—

He tenses as she came back running, slamming the doors shut behind her.

He didn't ask questions— not immediately, at any rate. He began to turn to follow—

And then the doors were blown right off their hinges, his Aegislash moving to intercept the plates of steel as they flew at him.

A cloak of smoke poured into the open room as bright, familiarly patterned red eyes glowered at him from the darkness...

Before the snap of electricity began to crackle through the air, light cutting through the curtain of smoke as what appeared to be a mass of solid, living lightning crashed through the doorway, it's imposing form lumbering forth.

He almost got flashbacks to Regirock.

Suddenly, his legs felt a lot lighter as he clambered after his companion, long legs going as far as they could to carry him after her.

Unfortunately—

Crackle— Zip!!!

Whatever it was they were dealing with proved just as agile as... well. Lightning, snapping forth and directly into their path.

"Bloody hell." Gwyar spat as he tried to grab onto Yujin's shoulder, pulling her back.

His Aegislash surged forward, standing between them with its shield drawn.

"Urgh." He swallowed heavily, sweating as he stared at the thing. "So this is the regi-esque creature described in the reports."

It had precious little in common with the few he had met himself— sans the eyes. Certainly nowhere near as slow as Regirock had appeared.

His hand lowered to his hip as he slowly leaned close to whisper in Yujin's ear.

"We're teleporting." He warned her.
TL;DR:
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
mt. silver, johto
heterosexual?
interpol engineer
cadet
5'2", 158cm height
5'2", 158cm height
awards
219 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 0:40:40 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Their exit is barred in a maw of electricity.[break][break]
Yujin takes to the sudden force against her shoulder with placid calm, allowing lightning to zip by the scuff of her boot.[break][break]
Then she squares up next to Gwyar, all playfulness absent from her features—perhaps the result of their escape being complicated and their situation turning dire.[break][break]
“707, shields up.” [break][break]
Her klefki forms up right up behind the guarding aegislash: complimenting its shield with a wall of scintillating pink that spans vertically across the room, and together, they tremulously hold against the volatile energies pressing down upon them.[break][break]
"We're teleporting."[break][break]
She doesn’t even look at him, only takes a step closer to his side.[break][break]
“Ready.”

[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay