she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 21:57:51 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]One of the leading Rangers had paired her with a Saskia, who seemed a little young, but Keiko had had the same sentiment expressed about her for years as a mail fraud investigator. "This feels like the highest-pressure task of all of 'em," she confessed to her assigned partner. "Who knows what could happen if intel gets out?"[break][break]
As it was, she released Pelipper to soar ahead of them and start scaring Tentacool away. They had come to the surface and were weeping poisonous fluids into the water. There were enough civilians in the med tents, and no need to add rescuers to the pile of injured.[break][break]
"Where should we start?" The crumbling structure didn't instill a lot of confidence in her. But she trusted they would both be equipped to flee if it was necessary.[break][break] [break]03. Address environmental hazards.
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 22:26:39 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
participants delve into Sea Mauville's depths to retrieve crucial League intelligence and data before it's lost to the ocean, facing challenges posed by sinking corridors and unstable terrain.
saskia looks at the very sorry state of the building as it slowly succumbs to the sea. from where they stand in their little boat, the ocean a hungry beast around them, she has no freaking clue where to start. 

"haha, who's gonna...go fishing...for that intel though?" 

come on, sasky! put your big girl ranger pants on!

she sucks in a breath. "dmitry and frogger can find us a way in. when we're on stable ground, i've got some psychic buddies who can help keep the building upright. and...then i guess, we get in and get out?"

she looks to the other for approval, feeling big sister energy from her. 

04. Direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance.
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 23:04:53 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"Great plan!" Keiko liked having the psychic support to keep the building from crumbling beneath them. Or, at least, to slow its decay while they were inside. "No time to waste." She gestured to the part of the building that faced the sea. "I'll approach from that far end if you want to start at the entrance that's closest to the shore."[break][break]
She raised an arm, which Pelipper took as an invitation. He left the remaining Tentacool and picked her up, transporting her to the other side of the institution.[break][break]
She lifted her radio to confirm to Saskia that she had entered ok, but she froze with it by her lips, holding her breath. In front of her was a large Crabrawler. Keiko closed her eyes to avoid giving it a sensation of being watched and prayed that it would keep going and not pick a fight. The last thing she needed was to get held up in battle when she had such an important task at hand.[break][break]
Thankfully, the crabrawler continued on his way. [break][break] [break]18. Utilize stealth tactics to avoid detection by threats.
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 23:42:26 GMT
saskia watches her partner get lifted into the air like a seafaring angel. the waves continue to rock their little boat and she slaps the engine on the side, plopping down to rev it out of its idling. frogger and dmitry swim back to her and lead her through some of the floating debris in the water, avoiding the oil slick stain leftover from the tentacool. 

when she finds an okay spot to beach, she hauls half the boat out of the water and decidedly does not think about the fact that her partner has left her to tend to one of their valuable supplies. 

her comms crackle. 

"coming up on the south side now," she says and stumbles clumsily up the side of the bank, following frogger's nervous hops. 

the ground is mostly stable, but the building creaks ominously. its steel innards poke through smashed sections of concrete. angry gulls cry overhead and she grimaces. 

"okay, buds," she whispers and tugs oleg's ball off her belt. 

the little alien dwee-wee-WHOOPS as soon as he takes in the impressive display of destruction. he slaps his nubby little hands together and saskia scoops him up before he gets the wrong idea. 

"no, keep it up please. we gotta go inside all stealthy and i'd rather kolya not kill me for dying. anyway," and she taps into her comms again, "erm, keiko, we're looking for a way in now." pink energy surrounds the baby alien in her arms. he hums delightedly. 

"building's being held up for now."

16. Reinforce buildings or other structures with your pokemon.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 22:06:05 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko has no idea what intel will look like. She also has no idea how long she has before the building finishes descending into the sea or until a swarm of wild pokemon assault the building out of distress. There's a lot of variables and little information.[break][break]
"I think I'm making my way into the center," she relays into her radio as she takes a few more turns through the labyrinthine building. All the hallways look identical, but most of them are helpfully free of random pokemon.[break][break]
She enters a room with a dozen screens. The power's off, so she isn't sure what was originally displayed on them, but this looks like some sort of nerve center or HQ or something from those action moves she never cared for. "I believe I'm in the heart of the building. Not sure... still... what to look for." She communicated between shuffles of papers and thumbing through folders. The dossiers seemed to be focused on pokemon behaviorism and ocean movements or something. She saw sonar data but didn't know how to parse it.[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 4:14:14 GMT
"maybe look for, um, like usb drives or something?"

she's inside the building now, the broken glass of a window around her feet. dmitry had done a solid job of taking out the window and she'd felt bad about it, but really, the building's going under anyway. 

she's pretty sure if oleg could sweat, he would be. 

we don't have a lot of time.

when frogger and dmitry are safely inside, and oleg is tucked back into the crook of her arm, she turns around and comes face to face with a pod of octillery. all of which are tense and trembling in the corner of the room, scared out of their wits. 

"oh, well we're not alone. oleg's okay, but this isn't easy on him, and also, wait, froggER, DON'T TOUCH THEM. NO!!"

too late. the curious little frog gets too near and, panicked as they are, the octillery react. saskia takes her hand off the comms and barrels into her frog before he can make the situation any worse; ink sprays of her and she squeals.

i lost my post...it was like 6 paragraphs...
i will do better on the next one...
06. Use non-lethal methods to calm or capture rogue pokemon.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 14:41:42 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]USB drives... It's a great idea. She forgets about the stray documents and instead checks each computer, finding herself a plain and indistinct USB. "Gotcha!" She pulls it out without informing the computer that's what she's doing, as one is supposed to do, but the power is out, so she'll just have to hope it doesn't corrupt anything.[break][break]
She's about to thank Saskia for the brilliant idea when the Ranger radios in about them not being alone.[break][break]
The building shakes a little, and she can hear the sounds of a scuffle not far from her. She pockets the USB and scurries out of the room, doing her best to navigate the halls according to the sound.[break][break]
She finds herself at the entrance of a room filled with Octillery -- and her partner. "Let's get a little hands on with it, then," she says breathlessly from her sprint. She tackles the Octillery closest to her and squeezes it tight in a bear hug to incapacitate it. Meanwhile, Pelipper opens his mouth to launch a supersonic to confuse the Octillery closest to him. "Stupid... Octillery..." she grits out as she wrestles with the one in her arms.[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 17:43:17 GMT
wet footfalls near them and saskia whirls towards the door, terrified that some other creature might be making its way toward them, but it's only keiko. before she can cry out to wait and try to a diplomatic approach to resolving the situation at hand, keiko has already tackled one of them to the ground. 

it makes them all frenzy and the tightknit pod they'd formed of themselves bursts outward, arms flying every which direction.

oleg makes another whining sound, sensors on the fritz when supersonic waves bounce around the room, and sasky feels panic crawl into her throat. the building groans and sasky tries to yank keiko back upright. 

"we gotta corral them! we can't stay here! oleg's starting to struggle!"

objectives complete

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 17:57:02 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko steadies on her feet at Sasky's grip. "OK, corral, I can do that." She whistled to get Pelipper's attention. Then, "Tailwind!" Pelipper gathered up momentum by soaring to the high ceiling before swooping through the room. The blast of wind pushed the Octillery into one corner.[break][break]
The corner happened to be on the shore-side, helping offer a little push back to land instead of a dangerous push to sea.[break][break]
"Alright," she said as she felt the urgency in the base of her throat, "let's get out of here like yesterday." She brandished the USB between them, showing the mission was complete, before snapping her fingers on her free time and getting Pelipper to come back to her.[break][break]
"Let's hustle."[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 18:09:04 GMT
dmitry and frogger help shepherd as best as they can. the tailwind helps, but a particularly strong wind also sends dmitry rolling down a small knoll. saskia watches him go, knowing the marill is going to give her hell for that later. 

she gives herself a boost up. the structure is pitching on its side. one of the octillery loses its suctioned grip while hauling itself out of the building; she scoops it and jumps out. 

oleg shrieks and the psychic energy leaves him. behind her, all the stress points he'd been holding together snap all at once and the building crumbles in on itself, sloughing into the sea. 

sasky stares in dismay, knowing there's little they could have done. they completed their mission. the octillery are safe. but watching the destruction, seeing the shards of glass glittering in the water, makes her teary-eyed. 

she turns away and tromps towards the boat, wordlessly sticking close to keiko, not knowing how to ask for comfort but finding in it with her mission partner just the same.

objectives complete

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 18:14:14 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She doesn't realize how little time is on the ticking clock until it strikes the final point. The building shutters around them like a shaky exhale. Keiko lets Pelipper help her out of the building, but she stays close to Saskia. The Ranger's pokemon have fought valiantly to make the mission possible.[break][break]
Side by side, the heavy silence rests like a blanket over them both.[break][break]
She wraps an arm around Saskia's shoulders, tugging the younger woman close. "You did good. We got what we needed." The Octillery would be fine. And the League would be thankful for the intel. Hopefully. She wasn't sure if it would empty or full of nonsense memes from an information officer or something else entirely. But. They had retrieved something, at least.[break][break]
Anything to keep out of Rocket hands was a victory. "You wanna go for a bite? I could eat a Rapidash at this point."[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[WOPS] Keiko & Saskia
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 5:00:33 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven