Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 21:11:14 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
As expected, Rex opened his mouth.

"That's not-MMPH!" She pushed a chunk of Pinap past his lips, almost causing him to choke. Keiko looked remarkably pleased with that little gambit, especially as she started to clean his wounds. Each time she did so, he twitched slightly in recoil. Eventually, the pain became a constant companion, and he did not recoil from its touch.

Nor did he recoil from hers.

It didn't stop him from looking embarrassed as she moved his face around. He looked terrible.

After a moment of chewing, he finally swallowed and glared at her. "You're so cruel."

He pouted for a moment.

"You're good at this. Your guild taught you how to dress a wound, then? Not a bad skill to have. I approve." He shivered as she wiped his face, leaving only the fainted imprint that blood had once stained his skin. He would've threatened to fuss, if not for the fact that she was working. "You'll get dirty if you keep doing that."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 21:30:08 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Cruelty was a badge of honor after all he'd put her through. Still, he was remarkably stoic during the process of working with his cut, and she found his concern endearing. Endearing enough that, hand holding his chin, she angled his head upwards so she could lean in and claim his mouth. Pinap tasted better on him, but she wasn't going to say as much. She savored the moment now that she had the upper hand.[break][break]

It was only fair after he had surprised her the first time, after all. [break][break]

She pulled away, amused. "Well, we wouldn't want that." Her voice coy and curling like smoke as she pulled away. "We can take a dip in the ocean if you're worried about it," her mouth curled down with concern, "but it's going to hurt your cut if you get saltwater in it." [break][break]

She did want to swim, especially since she didn't make time for it before. The sun wasn't at its highest point anymore, giving them a better chance of avoiding a sunburn if they were mindful of time.

[break][break] [break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 22:04:58 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Time froze as she took the initiative. He didn't mind that. Her mouth tasted like Pinap as well. He didn't mind that sensation either.

In fact, Rex thought it improved her. It fit her. Delicious, yet biting when the opportunity presented itself. She was at her best like this, with her gaze ahead and a purpose before her. When Keiko had control over the situation, she shined. When she had control over him, she shined even brighter.

Rex wanted to see her blind him, but he wouldn't let her beat him that easily.

This contest was not yet over.

"I'd hate to see you covered in dirt and blood." Though he didn't hate that aesthetic either. How had she found a way to stun him, even when her hands were covered in his blood? It was a deranged thought, but he had never been particularly reasonable. That was Keiko's job, but even then...

"Don't worry." He kissed her lightly. "I'm an adult. I can handle some salt."

Famous last words. He unsteadily rose to his feet with the courier's help.

"Come on."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 22:14:02 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]He was much more agreeable after a kiss, she observed. "I'm an adult," she echoed as she helped him to his feet and towards the sea, "I can handle a little mess." [break][break]

Her footfalls felt light as she tugged him to the lapping waves, unburdened by the added weight of his reliance on her to move efficiently. "You're not hurt elsewhere, are you?" He'd hit the tree pretty hard. If he was hiding other cuts, she was going to actually strangle him on the shore. She imagined his back would hurt, if not now then tonight, from the impact against the tree. [break][break]

She stopped as they reached the waves. She worked her hands at the base of his shirt. "Here, I can help." She wouldn't force him to undress himself while battered, especially since it wouldn't look remotely dignified. Not that that seemed to be a priority of his, but still. It'd be easier if he got into the water first, though she wasn't going to let him have all the fun. Not when the waters were warm from the sunlight.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 22:41:26 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"No." Rex said, though he immediately grimaced. "Yes."

Still, he didn't shy away from the waves that lapped at their feet, at their legs, at their waists. It was by that point that Rex turned to her, concerned that they would soon have to float to stay above the waves, relying on the buoyancy of salt water to stay afloat in such pristine waters.

"Sorry, I should've told you, but..." He reddened as she started working on his shirt with surprising fervor, and he quickly moved to shimmy from it. A few cuts revealed themselves, though Rex did his hardest to put on a brave face for Keiko. "...you were excited. I didn't want to ruin the moment."

A lot of wounds marked him. Many were old. Scuffles with wild Pokémon, reminders of Littleroot, a few from wrestling Pokémon at Sea Mauville.

"But I'm fine." He wrapped his fingers around her hand and squeezed tightly. "Seriously."

The waves lapped shortly after, and he tensed slightly at the sting of salt.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 22:56:12 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Her face fell. She pulled the shirt over his head to see what he'd been talking about, his chest littered with small cuts. There were plenty of scars of varying ages and causes. Something heavy sat at the base of her throat. A sense of betrayal, again, and something angrier, faced with the reality that he had been through plenty despite his light-hearted exterior. [break][break]

She took a moment to collect herself, so her voice would be even despite the ruin she felt. "This is the second time," she whispered. Choosing not to wake her despite her instructing him to do so, and now he had hidden wounds from her despite her asking of them. Despite her trying to take care of him. [break][break]

It was stupid to take it so personally, but it felt worse the second time. He squeezed her hand. She pulled it from him, letting his removed shirt float in the waves around them. Like Gallade's blade, her tone was sharp. Accusing. "Where's that trust you were telling me about?"

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 23:11:37 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Damn. She was right.

He hated that. It made dancing around her with words almost impossible. She didn't seem mad, even. No, she was hurt. Rex blinked once, slowly, before crossing his arms to think. How did he solve this? How did they solve this? How did Rex ensure that he didn't betray Keiko for a third time.

Even if it was insignificant, he had told her that he trusted her. Without his word, who was he?

Nothing. Just another braggart.

"I'm sorry." Rex said simply, before shaking his head. "I didn't want to ruin your moment because I decided to fight a Pangoro. It's not fair that you had to clean up my mess."

He flinched again.

"I just wanted to see you smile."

This saltwater stung, but he needed to think of a solution to this as quickly as possible. How did he get over these sorts of trust issues? What was his gameplan?

It popped into his head quickly.

"Keiko." He looked at her even as she pulled away. "I need you..."

"...to punch me in the face. As hard as you can. Atonement."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 23:20:46 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Doing the same thing and expecting a different result was insanity. Was it worth taking him at his word again? [break][break]

She let the silence stretch until he offered a real solution. Real being a relative term, given how wingull-brained the idea was. "Rex." She lifted her hands from the water to grip his face and bring him close, the saltwater undoubtedly stinging, but she needed him to listen. [break][break]

"How does hurting you help me?" She gave him a moment to process the question. Atonement was misplaced. His intentions weren't, but his actions were foolish. Wanting her to have some levity on the damned island at the cost of communicating his injuries came from a good place, but it was foolish. That was the underlying pattern, she realized as she held him. Stupid, but heart of gold.[break][break]

Unfortunately, good intentions would not get them out there alive. "You have to listen to me, and you have to talk to me. When you do things your way without consulting me, it just hurts." She hated to feel like she was scolding him, like he was some little kid under her purview instead of her partner working towards the same goal. "Can you do that?" She bit her tongue for a moment, hesitant to draw the line in the sand, but then: "If not, we need to split the island and stay on our own side. I can't keep wondering if I can trust you."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 1:35:07 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
The answer to her question was depraved. It did not help him, but from his experience in battling and in Littleroot, the struggles of others had given him clarity. Marching alongside his Pokémon and throwing everything into the incinerator was how he found meaning in his life.

His Pokémon bled for him, exclusively for his own benefit. If he bled for Keiko, for her benefit...

It was fortunate that she perceived his heart as golden. Gold did not rust or tarnish when buried in his blood. As ironclad as his will was, it was bound to rust when it inevitably broke down.

"I don't know. It's just what I do. Every time there's a problem, every time there's something I can do to fix it, I just throw myself at the problem until it goes away. Even if it hurts. It's all I know. It's all I knew when they pulled me out of the rubble at Littleroot. But..." He grimaced as she grasped at him, salt water stinging his cuts. Now it hurt. "...I want to do better for you, because you're kind."

The concept of leaving their partnership like this hurt his heart, knowing that if this didn't work, she would never look at him like this ever again.

It was likely that he'd never see Keiko Mori again.

"I can, because you asked me to. I'll prove it." His forehead tapped against hers, until they were mere inches apart. "Ask me anything. I'll answer it honestly."

Trust.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 15:55:25 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Because she was kind?[break][break]

She'd been out for blood for a minute. She'd spent too much time on the island being angry. It was exhausting, but what was the alternative when her trust was betrayed? Sorrow? It was an emotion of inaction, and she didn't do inaction. She thought Rex could be naive, but he also saw things she didn't, and maybe he was right about this one. [break][break]

But if she was kind, she needed to be forgiving. Foreheads touching, she considered his promise. What did she want to know? A minute ago, she'd have asked if he would choose her over the Gogoat, but now she needed to practice forgiveness. Kindness. [break][break]

She closed her eyes and slowly inhaled. "I know what I need to know about you," she finally said. "I'm sorry." Exhale. [break][break]

Their survival was a more pressing matter than feelings. "Let's wash the grime off quickly so we can give your cuts time to heal. The water will keep them soft, open." She had no treatment plan for infections with their limited supply.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 18:12:57 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
If they got infected, they got infected. Rex suspected it wouldn't matter. Before he grew too weak to travel, they would find a way off this island.

By his own hand, if need be.

"No. Don't be sorry." He insisted, feeling hurt. This was his error. His crime. His sin. It was Keiko's job that had gotten them stranded here, but he had followed and had arguably made it worse at every step of the way. She had done much of the work while he had bled for meaningless goals.

It was all he knew.

"I need you to ask your question." He insisted, his gaze boring a hole through her concern. "Ask it, and I'll do anything you want. I won't complain. I won't betray you. I won't hide anything from you."

The waves lapped at their waists, but Rex did not flinch. He squeezed her shoulders, fervent.

"Ask it."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 1:27:07 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]He was insistent. But she didn't want him to feel like he owed her some debt. Worse still, as he prodded her for a question, Littleroot sat at the tip of her tongue. She wanted more information about the sighting of Almighty Sinnoh, but to demand a retelling of what was clearly his greatest trauma for her personal benefit was beyond horrific. [break][break]

She screwed her eyes shut. Who was she, if she could even think of it? [break][break]

She knows she needs to ask something, time ticks away, but she blurts out a question without it fully forming in her mind: "How did you meet Togepi?" Well, she could've done worse on the spot. [break][break]

"That's your oldest partner, right?" Maybe it wasn't. "Why Togepi?" They were weak, largely defenseless pokemon. His was particularly capable, but most didn't regard those pokemon with any special care until they were Togetic. As Togekiss, they were the most comfortable fliers for the elderly and for children, making them staples in hospitality and medical industries where either protected demographic needed service.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 8:29:36 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Togepi. It was such an innocent Pokémon. In a sense, it was similar to Rex. Yet Gallade fit him better, and it was a stronger Pokémon than the egg. It acted as an anomaly that tied him to Littleroot. For her to ask about it was utterly random, yet it made perfect sense.

It was a strange Pokémon.

"It was my neighbor's Pokemon. When she disappeared, she left behind Togepi's egg. It hatched when I went through her house, trying to see if she had survived Dialga's attack. She was like a little sister to me." He missed her so much. Yet she was not the only fallen friend that had curdled before raw divinity. "Togepi's a little part of her, even if he's just a baby."

His vision blurred with tears. Rex couldn't tell if it was from the pain of salt on skin or from the memories of yesterday. He could barely see the courier in the water next to him.

"It should have been me."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 15:56:11 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Togepi was a souvenir of that event? So, he punished himself every day for surviving. Reminded himself constantly of what was lost. It was sick. How could you heal if you held open your bleeding wounds? [break][break]

She pulled him in close, wrapping her arms around his shoulders to keep him in a vice grip. She brought a hand up to his hair to bring his head ever closer. For a moment, she was at a loss for words. She wanted him to leave the Togepi behind and stop carrying the death of his neighbor like a shadow, to stop strengthening the pokemon like a living apology. But that, too, was selfish. That for all she saw it as self-deprecating behavior, it was his coping mechanism, and losing the Togepi would be like losing his neighbor all over again. That was clear. [break][break]

But she hated the knowledge that Togepi was his penance. She would ask Almighty Sinnoh for guidance the next time she convened with Her spirit. [break][break]

"If it were you who died, I would be lost on this island. Dead, maybe." Not the comforting words he thought he needed, but what she wanted to say about time healing all wounds would've fallen flatter than it had the first time. He would not appreciate her faith, but he might appreciate her selfish, human honesty. "I'm glad you're here with me. I... I need you."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 18:03:08 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Selfishness was just another form of faith. Belief in one's self. Belief in the fact that they deserved something that others did not. It was not the belief in a higher power, but something else entirely. It was a fervent need that allowed for continued functioning and continued life.

Time would not heal all wounds. Some scars would never fade.

"I need you more." He leaned in to taste the salt on the air, on her face, on her lips. He squeezed and did not let go. "Please don't leave. Please stay. Please..."

Please...

"...stay with me. Even when we get off this island." His voice trembled at the selfishness of the request, at the mockery of the demand, at the absurdity of this development. It had been a day, almost two. This was absurd, like a bad romance novel that his neighbor had loved to read. "No matter what."

Funny, then, that it didn't feel terrible to live through.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP