she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 18:23:16 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Like vulnerability was a competition between them, he insisted he needed her even more than she needed him. She nearly laughed, but then he was kissing her, and she kept him close with the hand tangled in his hair. [break][break]

Even still, untamed guilt gnawed at her at the insistence. She couldn't speak to anything off of the island. Who knew who they would each be when they were free? She needed him now, but she wouldn't need him after the island. She would only want him. And if he really needed her afterwards, she feared the consequences. The responsibility of being needed. [break][break]

The metaphor was lost to her now, but there was something to be said about the lines of survival or compromise or lying. It all looked to the same to her from the sea. "I'm with you," she says instead of anything truly incriminating. "Now, let me take care of you." She dips her head in for one final taste of sea salt before nudging him towards the shore. "If you get an infection, I'm never letting you live it down." Doctor's orders, and all that. [break][break]

"And now we'll need to lay these clothes out to dry but get you somewhere where we reduce the risk of sand getting into the wound - that'll make for improper healing, and we'll have to..." She rattles off their next steps, thinking several steps ahead while staying in the safety of the confines of the island. What happens after, she can't face just yet.

[break][break] [break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 19:31:33 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
What happened after was for tomorrow. They would not get off of this island today, but rescue would come or they would claw their way from this small, forested strip of land with nothing but their hands and sheer will. Even if their water supplies dwindled and their few allies abandoned them, they would survive.

They both had that obligation. To each other and to themselves. They would see the sun rise. They'd see the sun fall. They'd see it rise again.

They were going to live.

Even if he should be dead.

No matter what happened after they left this island behind, that fact would not change. Nor would it change the fact that in this moment, they needed one another.

As they left the water, trails of saltwater trickled from his wounds and into the sand below. Not just the wounds, but them. It fell from them in small trails, and Rex shook his head like a Growlithe, sending drops of water everywhere.

"How do you do it?" He asked curiously. "Plan so far ahead, I mean? You always know what to do next, no matter what happens."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 20:02:57 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]His question struck her as a little insane, really. "How do you not?" In Sinnoh, just about everyone kept one eye forward and one on the past, mindful of how history repeated. Mindful of the rhythm of Almighty Sinnoh's life and will pulsing through reality.[break][break]

"Time is a privilege," she explained as she joined him out of the waves. She took her blouse off, though it was a bit of a fight as the neck of her top caught on her hair pin. "Being wasteful of it is, well, kind of sinful?" Sin wasn't perhaps the best word, but it was such an understood topic where she was from that she had a hard time articulating some of the tenets of her faith. Absorbed in her task, she let the blouse fall and took a moment to pull out her pins fully, letting her hair down for the first time in a few days. [break][break]

She continued undressing as she spoke, looking off at the sea as if the right vocabulary would swim right up to her. "It - you just have to plan ahead, y'know? Scrambling for your next step is terrible. In most situations, but in this one specifically, of course." She bent to gather all of her shed clothing, feeling at the fabric to estimate how long they'd need to be laid in the sun. [break][break]

"It scares me sometimes, how little I see everyone else plan. But, to be fair, you're very focused. Very present." She finally turned to him.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 20:45:16 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"Time never felt special to me. It's just time. A clock ticks, an alarm goes off, or the sun shines in my face. Either way, I'm up." He kept Littleroot silent. Time had not been on his side then. "And life goes on. There's still things that people like us have to do, regardless of if we plan or not."

No matter how Keiko had planned this trip, she would not have anticipated the shipwreck that left them here, nor the time Pelipper spent traveling to Dewford or Slateport or even making it there at all. She could minimize risk, but things would still go amiss.

That was the way of the world.

"It feels like if I plan every step, every scenario, I'll lose out on moments like this. This wouldn't have happened if every scenario had been mapped out." He watched as her hair fell down, long and loose. He imagined braiding it between his fingers, like he had used to do for his sister when they were younger. "I'm already stuck in the past, I don't want to be stuck in the future too."

Was Rex weird? His brain said definitely, especially since Keiko was stripping as he did so. Time and fate and the meaning of life were too vast of topics for him. The courier definitely thought he was deranged.

"I want to live in the present, where what I do matters immediately. It's-"

She turned to him. He blinked once, before reddening.

Fuck.

"-comforting."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 21:07:04 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]'I'm already stuck in the past, I don't want to be stuck in the future too.' Poignant. He had these brilliant moments of self-reflection that seemed to conflict with his naive perseverance, but it still suited him. These little fragments that became the mosaic of Rex, and she could see him for all his parts if she just looked a little longer. [break][break]

Like he was. He was red like magikarp, and she let the moment hang between them like a morning dewdrop on a heavy blade of grass. "I like that: living in the moment." She closed the distance between them, easy enough with how stunned he was, and brought a hand to his chin, forcing him to look her in the eye. [break][break]

"This moment is precious." She kissed his nose. "And this one." She kissed his cheek. And she leaned in, teasing at his mouth, but she didn't press her lips against him. "And why don't we visit the Pinap palms and see if there's a precious moment there, hm?" She dragged him along, clothes roughly folded on her arm but forgotten just as quickly, dropped at the border between sand and grassy growths. [break][break]

She leaned him against the tree, kissing from his jaw to his ear. "Why don't you keep track of time for me?" She dipped her mouth lower.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 23:46:37 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Eventually, the moment ended.

Eventually.

She curled against him, her face buried in his chest as he twirled her silky locks in an open hand. His eyes met hers, the embers of a fervid gaze flickering and burning within pupils that shifted colors as he looked at them. Were Keiko's eyes that dark purple? He could've sworn that they were a lighter shade of azure a few minutes before.

Ah, there was that shade again.

How curious.

Her halfhearted attempt at a neat pile of clothes had quickly fell apart when his had been haplessly thrown over them, the Togepi boxes having caused an eye roll and a scoff before Keiko had silenced herself in other ways. What a woman.

"I lost track." Rex confessed as his hand followed her face, caressing her neck and lingering at her recently acquired bite marks. His fingers explored each indent left by him, before down towards her back and lower still. "But I confess."

His lips twitched upwards for a moment.

"I wish this moment could last forever."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 17:44:43 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Afterglow left her blissfully thoughtless, a rare occurrence that let her just be, without the analyzing and worrying and planning. She felt unburdened, pressed against him and enjoying the warmth of day before the moon chased it away. [break][break]

But his comment jolted her back to reality. She would never admit it, but she'd lost track, too. Her internal clock was never wrong, yet she had seemingly stepped out of her body in trying to teach Rex a lesson. She felt a gnawing of guilt from her own carelessness. But while they touched, it was hard to think that any of it was wrong at all. [break][break]

She would have to assess all of it in the clear light of day - in other words, when she was off the island and able to think clearer. [break][break]

It felt unfair to keep these thoughts all to herself, but she couldn't make heads or tails of it, so what would Rex do with it? Instead, she stuck with a smaller truth. "You surprised me." She reached at his hand to hold it, to rub her thumb against it. "I keep spiraling, but you keep bringing me back down to earth."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 6:01:52 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
There was no need for moral qualms. Not for Rex. Keiko struggled with her heart's desire, with whatever need drove her to this region beyond the simple desire to help. Keiko Mori was an anomaly. Rex could try to understand her. He wanted to. Yet ultimately he wanted to instill order through slaughter.

If she saw that in him, she would hate him. Rex knew it in his soul, even as he wanted to continue to stretch this series of moments into infinity. Maybe he was broken. Maybe she was broken. Maybe they were both defective.

"It's like you're a Growlithe chasing cars." He teased her as she prodded his hand. "I don't think you know what you'd do with one if you actually caught one."

They were words without malice, for he was describing himself as much as he was describing her.

"Someone," he laughed as he nuzzled her shoulder like an overfriendly dog, "needs to put you on a leash so you don't get stuck in the clouds. You're entitled to the act of treading upon the earth. It feels wrong to banish you to the ever-spiraling heavens."

There was a moment of melancholy between them as he just... held her.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 17:36:20 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She scowled at the Growlithe comparison, flustered but struggling to defend against the comparison. She was perpetually in motion, chasing, and it was hard to stop and smell the roses or whatever when there was so much to do. [break][break]

Banished was a striking choice of words. Maybe the spiraling was self-inflicted punishment. She couldn't evaluate it clearly like this, exposed and vulnerable and far too open. She wasn't expecting him to really see her, and the realization that she let few people see her inner workings and her thoughts like this was humbling. For all their collective faults, Rex was good for her. Good to her, barring the insistence to spare that awful Gogoat. [break][break]

She wanted his thoughts, to even the playing field and feel less like she was under a microscope. "What do we do now?"

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 18:34:35 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"Now? Whatever we want. There's nothing stopping us from simply... being."

There were no eyes on this island. As far as the world knew, Keiko and Rex did not exist. They were simply two names that had disappeared into the uncaring maw of Hoenn, and the region had simply refused to spit them out. Instead, it had swallowed them up.

And now they were here. Animalistic and uncaring.

"But." Somewhere in his heart, he knew that Keiko would want to return to the real world. He would, as well. "First things first, we should get back to camp and get some sleep. It's been a long day."

His grin grew sly as he basked in her brilliance.

"Assuming..." He nudged her with a teasing expression on his face. "...that you're not too weak to stand, courier~."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 19:47:40 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She'd much rather be off the island than opt to just be on it, but the point was moot. She wanted to keep a piece of his easy-going spirit and avoided voicing her dissatisfaction. Pragmatically, they still needed to work towards solutions on the island while they waited, right? [break][break]

She pushed at his shoulder with a scoff. "You're full of yourself," she dismissed, rising to her feet faster than him to prove a point. She reconvened with her pile of clothes and pulled out her hair pins first to reset her buns as best she could. She'd kill for a hairbrush, but she wasn't interesting in scouring the island for pokemon bones. Not yet, anyways. "Pelipper's taking his time," she grumbled as the thought crossed her mind. [break][break]

He should be plenty fast with his tailwind. "You don't think..." Something happened to him, do you? She bit off the sentence before she could voice the full thought aloud. The philosophy of her fellow castaway could only go so far - she couldn't 'just be' forever. The island would drive her crazy first.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 20:07:59 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
She was so competitive. Even as they requisitioned their clothes from where the various alcoves they were perched at, it was the trait that shined the most. Maybe that was why he felt a twinge of sadness when her hair was knotted into buns for the sake of efficiency.

She looked liberated with her hair down. When it fluttered in the wind, he couldn't help but stare.

"Nah. No storms since we ended up here, and not a cloud in the sky. More likely he's just meandering." Rex tugged on his shirt and tried to flatten his hair. A lost cause, he was beginning to accept. His little dance with Keiko had messed it up further. "Probably doesn't realize that things are a little dire."

He attempted to downplay their circumstances, lest Keiko burst a blood vessel.

When their clothes were on, Rex clucked his tongue at the path they had taken to reach this point. The trail was still clear in the moonlight, so he led Keiko down it. Absentmindedly, he popped a Pinap into his mouth and chewed, before swallowing.

"If he doesn't get back soon, I want you to take Togepi. It's a risk, but he might be able to teleport you to Dewford. Just make sure you don't forget to come get me."

His voice was casual, but his expression was serious. It was his attempt to protect her.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 20:20:12 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Sure, no storms. But there were natural predators to Pelipper. He was a good pokemon, and strong, but he wasn't the most strategic combatant. Or what if he was poached? Rocket was everywhere. [break][break]

A thousand terrible outcomes splayed out in her mind. It took a moment to gather herself, finish buttoning her clothes, and follow alongside Rex. Whatever it was, stressing couldn't change a thing. "I'm going to strangle him when he gets back," she promised, "if he didn't fight tooth and nail to accomplish his trip quickly." It was the most dire flight he'd ever been on, damn it. Surely, he wasn't so stupid as to think it was a little joy flight... right? [break][break]

"No." It came out instantly, before she could even think it. Then, "I can't do that to you. You should be the one. Togepi's yours, and you must be a strong swimmer, in case he teleports you short of the shore." She couldn't bear the thought of fleeing. She knew how to run, but this wasn't the time for it. Quieter, she insisted: "Don't ask that of me."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 20:32:06 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
He was a passable swimmer, but he pursued physical activities with a perverse sense of fervor. He suspected that she would have better form, and form was important when contesting the shore.

"You've spent this entire time looking after me. You've planned for me. You've cared for me. Do you think I'd be half as useful if you got hurt?" He was quiet for a spell, though that was because he refused to dig deep enough to answer his own question. "I want to help you. All I have is my name, my body, and my Pokémon."

Eventually, the trail widened. Sharp cuts in the trees guided their way, and Rex felt them as he passed. A reminder that like the Pokémon that made the marks, that he was a sword that coveted victory.

Even if, sometimes, that victory didn't need to be for him. It could be for the courier by his side.

"And besides," his voice trembled slightly. " I don't want you to be alone here."

Even if she deserved to trod upon the land, she would eventually have to return to the sky.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
213 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 20:41:56 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Stubborn. But she wasn't sure she'd win this battle of wills. He was earnest in his offer, but that only made it hard to look at him. She didn't want to leave him here. "I think it stands to reason that I'd survive better solo than you would," she said with a poor excuse of a laugh. But the conversation was too heavy for levity. [break][break]

"Okay," she finally said, helpless against his good will. "I'll do it. But how soon is soon? I don't... let's wait until tomorrow night, yeah? Give Pelipper a three days and two nights to return." Her turnaround for large parcels sat firmly at that time. Pelipper was only carrying himself, so there was no excuse for anything longer. [break][break]

She reached out to hold his hand. "Let's worry about that later, yeah?" A concession, and a willingness to hold off on cementing a plan that would've never been possible in a different place, in a different time, with different company.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP