Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 20:58:39 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"That's a good amount of time, it'll-"

He stopped, his expression unreadable. The conversation of sacrifice and Pelipper was lost in the wind, even as she wrapped her hand in his. He squeezed it tight, but Rex's expression didn't change as he turned to her.

Had she...?

"What did you say?"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 21:08:50 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She hadn't expected him to react that way. [break][break]

In a small, confused voice, she echoed, "Three days and two nights?" But he'd reacted to the timeframe, so... [break][break]

Oh.[break][break]

"It - nothing, I said nothing, it's - don't worry about it." She could feel her face getting warm. She knew what he was going to harp on. She tugged her arm to get her hand free of his grip, wanting to cover her face. "Don't be stupid." She wished she had a pinap in her hands to toss at him right now.

[break][break] [break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 21:42:18 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
She tugged her arm free. He grabbed it again. Keiko's embarrassment was growing, and all that did was make Rex's eyes grow more intense. If she hid her face, this window into her soul would disappear into the ether and who knew when he'd see it again? It could be days. Weeks. Months. Years.

There was a chance he'd never see it ever again, barring this precise moment.

So he capitalized on it by kissing her. Hard. When they broke apart to breathe, he hugged her.

Something flickered in Rex's chest.

"If it's nothing, then I'll just worry about it later, right?" A flicker of change. Even tradition could shift, given enough time. "We can just wait and see, yeah?"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 22:05:03 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]It was a very passionate reaction to a silly response of hers, but she didn't mind very much. She liked Rex when he wasn't running his mouth. That timelessness creeped up on her again, and she didn't realize how long she'd been caught up in his embrace until the need for air burned in her lungs. [break][break]

He tugged her close, so she wrapped her arms around him, still trying to gather her scrambled thoughts. She furrowed as he echoed her prior sentiments about worrying later, and she slapped lightly at the back of his head while they were hugging. "Don't mock me," she scolded, pulling away with a pout. "We can address this later. It's, um, the pragmatic thing to do." She wasn't like him, being all... free-spirited and worry-free. It was about energy conservation.[break][break]

"Let's hurry up and get back. I think we've left your pokemon to their own devices for too long."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 0:58:04 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
His heart burned for a moment, before the embers quickly returned to smoldering. The faint taste of Pinap was still on her lips, and he considered seizing them again. Yet restraint was a virtue, and it was one he would continue practicing on this island.

Even as she loosened up, even as he teased the stargazer from her distant sights down to earth. Those twinkling lights were do far away, but she'd reach them someday. Perhaps she was already up there. Perhaps she was already a star.

The thought was a strange one. Maybe the oxygen deprivation had made him silly. How long had they kissed for?

"Ah, Gallade will be fine. He's a noble soul. I wouldn't be surprised if our camp was a fortress by the time we return. He's always been reliable." Ever since they had huddled in that cellar together during Littleroot, they had trusted one another absolutely. Gallade had his back, and Rex had his. "He's like Pelipper, in that way."

Yet as they made it back to camp, there was a familiar foe awaiting the courier.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 15:09:23 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]That was a lot of faith to put in a pokemon. She wasn't so confident about Gallade. She wouldn't leave her pokemon unattended for long. Togekiss was not as chaotic as Pelipper, but she was a glutton and would eat an orchard clean of berries if you turned your back. Her pokemon needed supervision to avoid being menaces. [break][break]

Either Rex was getting lucky with his pokemon or she was unlucky with hers. Or a combination of both. [break][break]

Stepping into camp, the presence of Gogoat stood out to her. "Gallade should've taken care of him if he was really so reliable." Her grumbling was audible. But she'd said earlier that she would let it go... even though she really wanted to skin the damn thing. A gogoat rug would unironically be nice - for camp or for home - but she didn't think Rex could be persuaded. [break][break]

She beelined for the shelter, keeping a sharp eye on the bastard pokemon. She hoped he'd run off while they slept.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 18:35:57 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
She stormed off, and Rex couldn't help but smile.

"Don't worry, big guy." He pat the Gogoat on its side and scratched into the foliage that adorned its neck. The sensation reminded Rex of wandering through the tall grass to catch his Ralts when he was younger. The sense of nostalgia made him smile. It was one of the few times he liked to look back. "She'll come around."

Probably.

"You just gotta stop eating cards, but I'm sure she likes you deep down. It's just... super deep down."

Probably.

He nodded to Gallade, who sat in silent vigil as his eternally loyal knight. A sword with the sole purpose of engaging in warfare. Rex returned him to his Pokeball and held the orb against his lips.

After a moment of waiting, he meandered towards the shelter.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 19:43:43 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko had a lot of flaws: stubborn, judgmental, chronically type A. But among her greatest strengths was her ability to go horizontal and immediately conk out. [break][break]

In other words, she was already snoring on her back by the time Rex entered the shelter. She had sprawled out to take more than her fair share of space, and she hadn't had the foresight to remove her hair pins which left her hair looking disastrous as it pressed against the ground. One hand rested over her stomach, which slowly rose and fell as deep sleep already claimed her. [break][break]

She dreamed of nothing.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 20:19:17 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"Tsk." Rex peered down at Keiko as she sprawled out all over the shelter. "What the hell?"

What was this chick doing? She had laid claim to the entire shelter! What a tyrant. She was the type to purchase a queen sized bed and splay out everywhere, kicking off any nearby stragglers as she laid claim to plush pillows and fluffy comforters. Keiko Mori was an evil woman.

Rex nudged her. She didn't move.

"Hm." He shuffled around to find a corner he could sleep in. He tried to slide in next to her, but he didn't fit. "Hmmmmm..."

He tried another angle. No dice.

This was unfathomably ridiculous. Finding a comfortable sleeping position was harder than wading into saltwater with a dozen cuts. She was making this impossible. She may have dreamed of nothing, but neither did he. Incidentally, that was because Rex couldn't actually get to sleep.

"Fine. Let's try..." He forced Keiko to scoot slightly in order to sleep next to her, using the courier as a makeshift pillow as he did so. "...this."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 16:15:39 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko woke with mild alarm as the sensation of pressure came with her trickling awareness. But she wasn't being suffocated by one of her pokemon - Rex was lying on her. Was he a cuddler? [break][break]

She disentangled herself carefully, unaware of how much space she had initially claimed in the shelter. She left him to keep sleeping. It was early; the sun was only hinting at rising in the horizon, so the beach was dark. She traveled it just fine, however, and dropped her clothing to take another dip in the water. [break][break]

Gallade stayed close, stood on the shore like a sentinel, which she found endearing. Though she doubted a sharpedo or something would travel so close to the island and get her, she was flattered he felt like protecting her was a higher priority than whatever else he did on the island. There were certainly more trees to cut. [break][break]

The sun rose, and she found a school of fish far too interested in her kicking feet in the water. With some focus, she pulled up a curly form Tatsugiri from the water. "Aha!" She grinned as she held it up overhead, an unexpected but completely welcome victory. Her skills were up to par if she could react fast enough to catch the quick one-foot-long fish.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 17:46:43 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
There was, eventually, no Keiko to cuddle. Such a tragedy was exchanged with the fact that there was finally room in the shelter for Rex to spread out. A worthy trade, if not for the fact that the sun was rising.

Dreaming gave way to dozing, and dozing gave way to wakefulness as Rex's eyes shot open.

Gallade, meanwhile, stood vigil over Keiko as she played in the surf. His gaze was sharp, though he often averted his eyes in the same way that a knight would when protecting a princess's modesty. The Gallade had a name, naturally, but Rex rarely used it. A knight from a distant fairy tale had been sealed away and only the name of the species remained to the loyal knight.

That fairy tale had been stripped away by Dialga. Now the knight toiled in the realm of men.

Still, the knight clapped in appreciation as Keiko emerged from her tussle victorious. That sound eventually summoned Gallade's master, who slipped through the trees like a shade. Rex's bedhead had grown even more frazzled. Perhaps a comb was necessary.

"Woah." His eye widened as he saw the courier. "Nice."

Whether he was talking about the Tatsugiri or its captor was up in the air.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 18:43:34 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"Sir Gallade," she says with light mocking as she tosses the fish to her guardian. He pierces it. "Are you good at cooking?" She asks with earnest interest as she steps out of the sea, immediately squeezing at the ends of her hair to free it of excess water. [break][break]

With impeccable timing, Rex rises. "Hey, sleepyhead." Her gaze is trapped on his hair which... might need to be shaved when they get off the island. It's looking a little hopeless. "Didn't take you for a late sleeper." She'd expected it the first night after all they'd been through, but now she was wondering if he was a night owl. [break][break]

She picked through her clothing, warmed in the sun and pleasant to the touch. "I lucked out and caught breakfast. I hope you aren't a fish-hater." Especially because Slateport had excellent seafood boils, and she might take him to one if he could behave. "Does Gallade know his way around a campfire?" She was a more skilled baker than cook, especially when they lacked the tools to cook safely. She'd rather not burn her fingers on a cooking Tatsugiri.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 18:59:20 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"Huh?" He asked, clearly distracted by the courier as she prodded at her clothes. "Whazzat?"

Gallade rolled his eyes, and Rex grinned at his knight. The fish halfheartedly dangling from Gallade's blade-arms made Rex want to snicker, though he suspected that Gallade would likely whallop him for it later. They were friends and allies, but Gallade still had feelings, even if he buried them in his attempt to become a blade.

It was a humbling thing, knowing that his Pokémon would never hold things like they once did as a Kirlia.

"That was more of a 'me' thing, honestly. When he was a Kirlia, I tended to cook what he could catch. We can grill it up, no problem." They nodded in remarkable synchronization, before Gallade returned to camp to breath life into the embers that remained in their dead fire pit. "Between you and me, I think he actually misses being a Kirlia."

He averted his eyes so Keiko could change.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:23:59 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Gallade left them to their devices. She bit back the urge to tease Rex for averting his eyes, only because she found it adorable. [break][break]

She stepped into his personal space once she was dressed, putting her hand on his horrid bedhead and tilting his head towards her to see if it could be persuaded to fall in order. "What do you mean by that?" This close, it was hard not to notice the way his eyelashes fell against his cheek. The hair was not agreeable. [break][break]

"Gallades are always stronger than Kirlia, and he seems pretty happy being strong, right?" His cheerful exterior had become subdued as he commented on his pokemon, throwing her off. "He's a good pokemon."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:42:20 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Wet eyelashes against his cheek made him think, for the shortest of moments, that she had been crying. That was quickly buried as his face reddened. Keiko's attempt to flatten Rex's hair were met with failure. Even if she had tamed him, taming his hair was an entirely different challenge. One that required different skills than island survival, and a comb.

Hunting for bones had never looked so appealing.

"He is my sword, but I can just tell that he's not used to it yet. He's been cutting a lot of trees to perfect his form." In his soul, Rex suspected that Gallade simply wanted to become a sword. His first and closest friend was struggling with the change. "No hands, only blades."

He reached out and squeezed Keiko's hand.

"He can't experience this." He pecked her on the cheek. "Or this."

Rex swept Keiko from her feet and carried her in his arms.

"Or this."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven