231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 19:45:41 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
It was never truly dark as he fell after Keiko into the bowels of the earth. The constant glow of Tera Crystals lit the way like miniscule beacons. The way their shine reflected off the courier's pink hair made it practically impossible to lose her as they slowly fell to their deaths.

It also meant that, if anything happened to her, he'd get a front row seat. Such a thing inspired him to act more than a thousand prospective battles.

"I'm coming! Don't worry!" Rex clicked a Pokeball on his belt, and Togepi appeared in a red flash. Rex quickly grabbed the egg as they fell. He could see the floor rapidly approaching. "Alright, Togepi. Don't fail me now!"

'toge toge!' Togepi waggled his fingers, manifesting a Metronome. Slowly, their fall slowed to a crawl as dimensions shifted into a Trick Room.

"Nice!" Rex kissed Togepi on the forehead as they fell. "Knew you could do it!"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 19:54:51 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","icon-fairy"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

a mosaic of colors blurred past her as she fell. her hands had made their way to her belt to grab any kind of pokeball that could save her, but the one she opened was that that contained mime jr, who was her first choice for protection. but then togepi slowed their descent to a crawl. she clung tight to mime jr as all of them floated harmlessly down to the next cavern.[break][break]

"that was a little close for comfort."[break][break]

she didn't let mime jr go even as she landed on her feet. this section of the cave had a higher ceiling than before, but there were several tera crystal outcrops scattered throughout the room.[break][break]

"these crystals are so pretty... if only they weren't so destructive, too."[break][break]

she carried mime jr over to a large rock freckled with crystals. she traced a finger down one, wondering how awful it would be to keep a shard for herself.[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".kkeiko"]--accent:#FFA1DE!important; --headercolor:#FFA1DE!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kkeiko"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".kkeiko .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".kkeiko .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".kkeiko .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".kkeiko .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 20:12:45 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
With Togepi and Mime Jr teaming up to save the day, their fatal fall is reduced to nothing more than an inconvenience. Of course, they still have to find a way out of the cave at some point, but it could be far worse. It could be another deserted island, after all.

"They're certainly dangerous, but they're also pretty useful. They let you change your Pokémon's type, so maybe they're not all bad." They spread like disease, spawned in messed up Pokémon for no other reason than to cause people misery, and they were obnoxious to work around. "They're like, a six on the Rex Approval Meter."

Anything that created more enemies for Rex to fight was a good thing.

As if acting on his intrusive thoughts, Rex cracked a piece off with his thumb and forefinger and let it sparkle in the night. A Fighting-type Tera Crystal? He made a silent note to give it to Gallade when the opportunity arose.

"Plus you can spice up your wardrobe with them." Rex compared a pink crystal to Keiko's hair. "Tera Crystal hairpins, maybe?"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 20:19:14 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

she raised a brow.[break][break]

"a six, huh? is that higher or lower than me on that approval meter of yours?"[break][break]

she told herself not to blush as he held the pink crystal to her hair. she took it from him, appraising. the one he held wasn't too far off from his hair color, either.[break][break]

"jewelry's not a bad idea."[break][break]

she watched as mirages flickered to the right, half-baked images of pokemon that didn't quite form. the crystals were trying to stir up trouble again. she let mime jr out of her arms so the little psychic could lead the way, generating dazzling gleams to help illuminate the way.[break][break]

"let's get out of here before we get more justification to break further into the cave, yeah?"

[attr="class","headerh"]

[newclass=".kkeiko"]--accent:#FFA1DE!important; --headercolor:#FFA1DE!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kkeiko"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kkeiko .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".kkeiko .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".kkeiko .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".kkeiko .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".kkeiko .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 20:43:46 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
As the minute clown led the way, Rex mused on her question for a bit.

"Depends. Occasionally you're a one. When you kicked my ass at that card game you like, for instance. More often, you're a ten. That's you normally, right. Sometimes you're an eleven when you take the hair pins out." He nodded in approval, clearly deep in thought. Keiko without the hair pins was best Keiko. "When you delivered that package to that poor fisherman and gave him a big smile..."

He winked, his face reflecting a million colors in the kaleidoscopes that Tera Crystals were formed from. Infinite alternate versions of Rex appeared in their facets, before disappearing into ephemeral mist.

"There, I'd say you were about a thousand." He looked away to inspect the cave, thoughtful. "If it's any consolation, Togepi is about ten thousand, so you have a loooooooong way to go. But I think one day, if you try really hard, you'll be able to beat Togepi."

'toge toge!'

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 20:58:19 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

being an eleven was quite flattering until he revealed the upper end of the scale.[break][break]

"yeah, i could beat togepi alright..."[break][break]

she eyes the egg pokemon with undisguised mischief, but she wouldn't dream of getting between him and his togepi. the two of them had an oddly powerful bond. that, and she figured anything happening to togepi would be what it took for rex to go off the deep end for real.[break][break]

"well, you're alright yourself."[break][break]

just alright, she doesn't say aloud. she'd met a handful of characters out here in hoenn, but rex felt the most real. she feels at ease around him, despite the craziness they always found themselves surrounded by. things tended to work out.[break][break]

"will you still like togepi when he becomes a togetic?"

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 21:24:16 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
He butted her shoulder like an over-friendly cat.

"Don't be so blue. I'm sure you can catch up if you really try. I've seen what you can do when you go all in on Yun-gi-oh. You're unstoppable when you want to be." Rex frowned, thoughtful. When that happened, it was clear that he was a million miles away in a place nobody else could reach. "It's scary, actually. I don't think anything can stop you when you decide to do something."

It was funny. He wondered if she'd describe him in the same way. Things that were impossible were just things that nobody had done yet. Impossible things didn't exist. People just hadn't tried hard enough to make them possible.

Then, she brought up Togepi. The small Pokémon looked up at Rex and cocked his head. Rex absentmindedly dangled his finger in front of the egg, letting him play with his trainer's hand.

"Of course. It'll be different, and I think it'll take Togepi a moment to adjust, but I want him to be happy. It's just... this was my neighbor's Pokémon. If Togepi evolves, he'll stop being hers and start being mine."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 21:46:28 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

she felt transfixed by his thoughtful expression. when he was trying to parse something together, it was hard to look away.[break][break]

"and you'd do well to remember that."[break][break]

he was made of the same stuff. stubborn, idealistic, and too young to understand how the world hung together by string. as annoyed as he could make her, she felt they were on the same wavelength. [break][break]

"i don't know about that. i've grown up, but i'm still my parents' little girl, y'know? still theirs. i think our relationships don't have to weaken just because we change."[break][break]

her parents would always hold onto her as their only daughter, even if things were rocky between them. she wondered how rex was positioned in his own family. was he always a hellion? was he the kind of kid the parents worried about incessantly, or had he been a careful kid before all of this? his selflessness in wanting togepi to be happy made him seem like an older sibling, but his determination to the best made him seem like the youngest, too.[break][break]

"don't sweat it so much," she said, rustling his hair. "everything becomes as it should be, in time."

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 23:29:36 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Keiko would always be her parents' little girl, but her parents were still around to utter that title. There was no more neighbor to call his own and to spend time with. There were no parents waiting for him back in Littleroot, just extended family. There was nobody else to enforce that bond.

There was only Althus Rex. His parents' surnames had been Rex, thus he used that name now. 'Althus' was his name, but Rex? That was his mother's name and his father's name. It was the only way to remain connected to ghosts buried in the past.

"I'd like to meet your parents someday. I gotta figure out what two people can make a Keiko. Unless you're secretly a homunculus. That'd be pretty cool, actually." He flushed slightly as she ruffled his hair. It had taken him forever to actually style it properly, but he didn't complain. "That would get you another ten points on the scale."

Time. Even after their chat about time, it felt like such a defective thing. He felt defective for not indulging in Dialga's domain, but he had no choice but to swim along with the current. Keiko tried to predict the stream of the current, but there was only so much that one could do.

"Are you as you should be, then?" He raised an eyebrow. "Do you feel like you've reached your zenith?"

BINGO: PAST
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 23:44:51 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"maybe someday. they're not big travelers."[break][break]

it was best to keep her world in sinnoh separate from her world here. she didn't want her parents to taint her relationship with rex. at his homonculus comment, she rolled her eyes... just in time to see a gliscor descending.[break][break]

"the opening to get back up might be right here. how else would that gliscor get that kind of speed from a descent?"[break][break]

she squinted into the tall ceilings above, bathed in shadow. mime jr launched a dazzling gleam to aid her eyesight, but she was pulled from her task momentarily to give rex her attention. she leaned in for a kiss.[break][break]

"i only get better with time," she offered with a wink. "i'll be even better next week."

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2024 8:02:38 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
He was distracted by the Gliscor when she leaned in to kiss him. At first, his response was hesitant, though he leaned into it with much more enthusiasm as it extended into infinity. Unfortunately, this moebius strip had an ending, and they reached it when their lips parted.

"You're ridiculous. In a cave?" He muttered, oddly embarrassed despite the lack of audience, beyond the scant few Pokémon that bore witness to the deed. "That was bold of you. You always get more assertive in the middle of nowhere."

In response to the Dazzling Gleam, Rex's pupils dilated into slits, almost like a cat's. Lithe. Alert. Awake. Acutely aware of the woman standing next to him. His gaze flicked from crystal to crystal, gem to gem. A Tera Crystal glimmered like an emerald, but ultimately it was her who stole his attention.

"Next week, you'll be worth another ten points." She winked, and he quickly corrected himself. "Eleven. Maybe twelve, if I'm generous."

BINGO: EMERALD
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2024 23:09:33 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

she scoffs at his disbelief, but it's followed with amusement. what the hell is so wrong with a kiss in a cave? maybe if they were in a church, she could understand the discomfort with PDA...[break][break]

"your ranking from me... hmm, maybe i should base it on your badge count."[break][break]

she put her hands on her hips, proud of herself for coming up with a solution to antagonize him back. she had no doubt, though, that he would gathering all of his badges in short time. he was determined like that, and he had endless energy. hoenn didn't know what was coming, really.[break][break]

she looked up at the opening distantly above and gauged that they could probably climb up a few layers of the rock wall if they could just get up to the first shelf. [break][break]

"help me get up here and i can pull you up."

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 2:31:22 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
He stared at her, awestruck. Mentioning badges made him want to keel over and die on the spot. If she had been serious, he would've likely started to sulk. Instead, he flushed red and punched her arm, realizing she was joking.

"You're messed up." He grumbled, before looking away and crossing his arms. "Watch! I'm gonna go back to town when this is over, get my gym badge from Tsubaki, and then sweep up the rest of the gyms in a few months. Trust me! I'll be worth six million Keiko points when this is all over!"

So competitive, for a man saying that ten Keikos equaled one Togepi. Nonetheless, it was fortunate that the courier's faith in him went unmentioned, lest he turn around and kiss her while muttering incomprehensibly. Yet luckily they were saved from that faith from the shelf of rock. Rex grabbed the new information and latched onto it like a shipwreck survivor latched onto driftwood.

"Alright, I'll give you a boost." Rex crouched down and offered both hands as a foothold. "Couriers need to climb mountains too, right? Think of it as practice for your next delivery."

BINGO: SIX
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
234 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Inserted Tera Pun [M]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 17:11:16 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","kkeiko"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

a smile tugs at her mouth at his reaction.[break][break]

"six million for some badges? i'll consider it."[break][break]

it would take a lot of work. time, too, given gyms had waiting lists. but many of them permitted public battles, so she could at least attend some and see it for herself.[break][break]

"are you gonna call me up to watch you fight the gyms with public audience?"[break][break]

she took advantage of his offered foothold and used the added height to pull herself up the ledge. she turned herself around to crouch at the lip of it and offer a hand to help him up.

[attr="class","headerh"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven