TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
RESISTING ARREST
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 5:57:50 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
It was a peaceful afternoon in Hoenn's Slateport Cit-

BOOM!

Nevermind.

Smoke billowed out of an alleyway that had smoke curdle into the air and dissipate into the open sky. The distant sounds of shouts, yelps, and screams rang out, before pleads of mercy were quickly silenced with another explosion. As Rex stood in the small space surrounded by unconscious gangsters, he silently grimaced to himself.

was going to kill him. He had one job. Deliver the package. Discretely, per the recipient's orders. Rex was already heading north to take on 's gym, so this stop had been no inconvenience at all.

Emphasis on 'had'.

"He pulled a Houndoom out on me!" He shouted into the phone, before the sound of police sirens whirred in the distance. "Shit. Gotta go. Love you. Bye!"

The phone clicked off.

"Don't shoot! I'm innocent!" He turned, raising his hands as he did so. Someone by his foot groaned in pain. "I swear!"

BINGO: HOENN
close tab

played by

sunny.html

miya
she/her
25 years old
october 10th
slateport city
pansexual
crime scene technician
cadet
the infinite spaces that terrify are still the joyous openings that invite
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miyako
Miyako Noguchi
RESISTING ARREST
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 3:09:47 GMT
Miyako Noguchi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","miyako"]
[attr="class","body"]

miyako's driving her motorcycle, cigarette between her lips, when she hears an explosion. she inhales sharply, and the cigarette nearly falls out of her mouth. then, in true miyako noguchi fashion, she shrugs to herself and keeps driving. probably just some stupid fuck accidentally igniting themselves with their charizard. or a car backfiring. or a microwave going kablooey. who cares, man, it's slateport city. that's just a normal monday.[break][break]

but then she pulls up on the scene and her stupid conscience kicks in, because miyako actually gives a shit about her job despite all evidence to the contrary. she begrudgingly parks her motorcycle and hops off, swaggering towards the mouth of the alleyway, where an unfortunate number of people are strewn about on the ground, either unconscious or dead.[break][break]

her sharp eyes fall onto althus rex, who looks completely unscathed. more specifically, her eyes fall onto the fact that althus is standing there like the getaway driver for a shitty crime movie, holding his phone and spouting about his innocence with the urgent wail of her own sirens in the distance.[break][break]

miyako's lips quirk upwards, despite her best intentions. "hmm. innocent, huh?" she says, taking another drag on her cigarette and enjoying the way it burns on its way down. "those guys look pretty fucking innocent too, but i guess that could just be their faces."[break][break]

miyako fixes althus with a pressing stare. "wanna tell me what happened here, man? and don't lie. that's a crime."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".miyako"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
RESISTING ARREST
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 3:27:25 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
She's a cop? Damn. Rex was cooked.

"I'm serious! Honest! I was delivering a package and they jumped me!" Rex's eyes grew as wide as saucers as he gestured towards his pocket, producing his phone as if it would save him from this scenario. Hopefully this copper didn't think it was a bomb or a weapon of mass destruction. "Look!"

It started ringing as a certain pink-haired courier's profile picture appeared on the phone screen.

"My boss-friend-girlfriend-not friend was calling me and they thought it was a wire!" The words sounded ridiculous as they fell from his lips. He was definitely going to super prison when this was over. "Aw, man. I'm going to prison. I knew I shouldn't have beaten them up!"

This had been one of his first jobs, and now that everything had gone south, there was little left to celebrate.

"What sort of Team Rocket gang orders Rare Candy anyway?"

BINGO: CELEBRATE
close tab

played by

sunny.html

miya
she/her
25 years old
october 10th
slateport city
pansexual
crime scene technician
cadet
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miyako
Miyako Noguchi
RESISTING ARREST
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 3:40:29 GMT
Miyako Noguchi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","miyako"]
[attr="class","body"]

"yeah, man, i don't know. rare candy's pretty valuable, but i don't think it's worth starting a gang war over." miyako takes another drag from her cigarette, allowing the smoke to escape her lips in wisps as she regards althus with a look halfway between suspicion and amusement.[break][break]

"then again, people are stupid." she shrugs, adjusting the camera around her neck, then leans back against the wall behind her, peering closer, as if in search of any signs of dishonesty.[break][break]

"aw, fuck. you're actually not lying, are you?" she asks, her nose crinkling. "no offense, but your story sounds really stupid. like something you'd pull out of your ass during a timed exam. so, you know. props for creativity, but points off for believability."[break][break]

miyako finally steps forward, peering at the destruction in the alley with a critical eye. yeah, it definitely seems like a team rocket job - miyako can recognize their handiwork anywhere. funny how she still can't find her stupid sister, though. she thought it would have been easier, being a cop and everything, but the girl's nowhere to be found.[break][break]

"the package, then. let's see it." she extends a hand expectantly, her eyes hardening with professional suspicion. she can't just let him walk away without seeing proof, as much as she wants to. "i won't even search you, because the last guy i searched had the audacity to grope me during a fucking patdown. that was definitely a new low in my life."[break][break]

miyako sighs, massaging her temples with the one hand that she hasn't extended. "dude. please don't let this be another new low in my life. just show me the damn rare candy."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".miyako b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".miyako .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
RESISTING ARREST
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 3:58:02 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Getting groped while on the job? Being a police officer seemed like a pretty shitty profession in Hoenn, with the war going on and all that. Instead of getting to fight on the battlefield and feel the rush of the moment, Miyako had to dole out parking tickets and deal with Althus Rex.

Truly, it was a fate worse than death. Frankly, Rex was more afraid of Keiko Mori than he was of getting arrested.

"That asshole! I'll beat him up!" Rex clenched a fist in visible frustration, before his anger quickly evaporated to answer her question. "Yes ma'am! I'll get it right now!"

He turned to the nearby gang member and kicked him, causing the man to roll over with a groan. He kicked him again to express his frustration, before revealing a crushed package the size of a large hardcover book. Rex picked it up and shook it, and the sound of multiple pieces clacking against each other rang out.

He nodded, satisfied.

"Here you go!" He offered it to her expectantly. "Now, where'd my Pokemon go? He did most of the work."

Meanwhile, Miyako would feel a nudging sensation by her foot.

'toge toge?'

BINGO: WAR
close tab

played by

sunny.html

miya
she/her
25 years old
october 10th
slateport city
pansexual
crime scene technician
cadet
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miyako
Miyako Noguchi
RESISTING ARREST
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 4:12:14 GMT
Miyako Noguchi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","miyako"]
[attr="class","body"]

"oh, yeah, sure. kick him again. that'll show him." miyako can't help but snicker at the sight of althus laying into one of the gangsters, because fuck, if there's anything she enjoys more than coffee, it's irony. "maybe it'll even wake him up, and then you can both share a cell together! that'd be fun, right?"[break][break]

the fact that this guy seems like a good person underneath it all doesn't escape miyako's notice. it's just really hard to focus on the nice things when you're confronted with the shittier ones. so when she finally takes the package from him and weighs it in her hands, all she can do is sigh in resignation.[break][break]

the cigarette in her mouth droops pitifully.[break][break]

the feeling of a little nudge at her foot momentarily startles her from her melancholic train of thought, causing her to look down and meet the inquisitive eyes of a togepi.[break][break]

she stares.[break][break]

"...the fuck?" she mutters under her breath, blinking twice before the corners of her lips tug upwards into a miniscule grin. "...yours, i'm assuming?"[break][break]

miyako's thoughts stray to the pokemon that supposedly helped him take down a small gang of fully grown, fit adults. the imagery brings another miniscule smile to her face—one of genuine amusement, this time.[break][break]

she distractedly begins opening the package, trying to find a way to stall for time. "you should get a license for that thing. too cute and deadly."[break][break]

her eyes widen at the sight of the rare candies, because holy shit, there are a lot of them. but then they widen even more at the sight of the smaller box, at which point she opens it and-[break][break]

"yep. fuck. this was a low point. great."[break][break]

fucking crack. because her life can't ever be easy. she lifts the smaller box to show the contents to rex. "you know this was in here?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven