419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:43:59 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"Good." Evan states. "I would be a rather poor host to let you freeze." he pats the blanket down around his shoulders as if to finalize the comment. Cementing the agree between them and the blanket to keep the man in front of him toasty for the rest of the night.

A bit of silence settles between them for a moment, lingering. Too many things rolling around in his head because truly he should walk away from this. From Lars. This wasn't something he allowed, normally. Hadn't for years.

He looks away, not quite able to look at him just yet. "Thank you, by the way." he has a hard time admitting it, saying it, meaning it. Too strong, too steadfast, too independent and self reliant to readily accept what's been given to him. Not saying anything however, was rude. And he wasn't that kind of individual.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:14:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It doesn’t take too long for him to register the two words that Evan had mentioned, although for some reason…

“Oh, it’s nothing, really. Honestly, I would have insisted that we still go straight here after the little cave-in that happened at the event,” he said as he waved a hand at the other. “I mean, I wouldn’t let you leave the place alone—especially when it’s snowing so hard, right?”

Thank fuck they were able to get back without running into too much trouble.

It isn’t until much later Lars realized something about the way he had said those two words. It was like… there was something the other man wasn’t readily admitting, but… there it was.

He could only watch in silent wonder as he pondered on those possibilities.

did he just

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:55:11 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Lars plays it off and Evan turns away from him. he can't keep his eyes on the other man at the moment, feeling like he's stuck in a box more than usual. Too often he's like a stray pokemon, a glameow wanting to pace back and forth until someone opens the window and lets him out. He feels that now more than usual, he feels like he needs to jump back out into the snow.

"Right, of course. Who wouldn't right?" he looks at him with a smile, though there's something stiff about it. It's not quite how he normally is. It doesn't change the fact that Evan does not take hand outs he gives them.

It does not change the fact that he does not deserve them, and yet here he is, facing one.

"Anyway, did you want to stay in one of the rooms in the second floor again?" he's making conversation more than anything.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 6:41:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Is this coming out of my tab if I do choose to stay over?” he joked a few moments later. He was seriously considering the offer of staying over, because with the way the snow was coming down it was going to be rather hard making the trip back to Verdanturf where his own warmth waited.

“You—you think there are deliveries for food running now? In this weather?” he inquired. “I know as much as you that the food servings there were on the small side and that sucked ass, so we can get some food without drinks and… can I raid your fridge and maybe borrow the shower here, if there’s any?”

He was getting real comfortable in the clothes he had on now, and he was wondering if there was a way he could abscond with them—permanently. Evan did mention he was fine even if the clothes didn’t make it back to him anyway…

did he just

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 7:08:09 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"No, consider it part of the thank you." as if he'd make or allow the man to pay him anything, at this point the two of them have too much familiarity between them for that anyway.

As for deliveries and such Evan can't be certain, though the weather wasn't as bad now as it had been earlier in the evening he can't imagine many would be willing. "Couldn't tell you, might be better to raid the fridge. There's a shower in each room, you're welcome to use them as much as any guest would." because he was still mostly just a guest.

Right?

Right.

Evan tucks the blanket around Lars' shoulders one more time.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 12:59:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Well, if that option’s open—I hope you wouldn’t mind if I ducked down for a few minutes to get a shower, would you?” he inquired from the other, hoping it was okay. “Should give you enough time to get enough food for the both of us, right?”

His ears were still a healthy shade of red the snugger the blanket became around him. Lars then blinked a few moments before willing his ears to calm the hell down because he was being embarrassed by the healthy color they were blushing at right now.

Why was he getting worked up over something so simple? He had no idea.

Either way…

“Give me like… ten, fifteen minutes tops,” he said a few moments later as he broke the silence once more. “I’ll be back.”

He was about to flee for the safety of the rooms above, but then remembered something—

“Wait, do you have a key to the room I’ll be borrowing for the evening?” he backpedaled, embarrassed at himself for forgetting that one simple menial thing.

he is such a mess I am so not sorry

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 4:50:11 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Evan is already returning to the front desk where he keeps the keys for the rooms and plucking it off the caribeaner that keeps them together. He tosses lars the one to the same room he had stayed in before. It shoulder ready for him when he enters. Not to mention it's the only one that's in good shape right now.

"I'll find us something to eat. Take your time though okay?" his smile is soft when he turns to head towards the kitchen, rubbing his hand against the back of his neck. The whole thing feels like a mess.

Evan hates the anxiety he feels building in his stomach when he thinks about how this isn't the first time he's let lars stay the night like this.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 20:57:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Of course, when anyone told Lars to ‘take his time’, he was literally going to do just that.

“Told you, I’ll be back around ten, fifteen minutes from now. Feel free to time me if you want, and with that he caught the key that was thrown at him before sprinting up the stairs. His long legs effectively allowed him to take several strides up and he was back on the second floor of the Stray in no time flat.

Heading right for the same door where he had holed up previously, he placed the key in the clock before turning it. Hearing it click, he then slipped inside before closing the door and running off towards the shower.

Holy shit he really did need a hot shower because of that biting cold.

Of course, he wasn’t going to tell Evan that. Either way, the other man was going to be in for a treat later—he’d very conveniently forgotten his hair gel, so that was going to be one part of the surprise.

dork alert, dork alert

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 4:53:50 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Evan doesn't bother timing him because he's busy with something else entirely. The fact the other man has gone so out of his way for him hasn't bee forgotten. The time they've spent around each other as of late does not go unnoticed.

He ignores the touch of heat in his cheeks as he takes care in his little thank you for Laurence, something he'd been thinking on for awhile but hadn't had he heart for just yet. Now's as good a time as any.

When Lars opens the door to the hotel room again he won't find an empty hallway waiting for him, he'll find piercing blue eyes in an oversized sweater. A hand reaching out, waiting for his.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 6:33:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Bless hot water for quick showers amidst cold weather.

The water really hit the spot, and daresay he lingered longer than he normally would underneath the warm spray, letting the heat soak into his skin and warm him up from the inside out. While the shampoo wasn’t the same as what he normally used, he surmised that it would do, for the moment.

Roughly ten minutes passed, and out he came from the shower, a cloud of steam exploding out from the moment he’d slid the shower curtains open. Now that the place was comparable to a sauna, he then made his way to the mirror, wiped it down and began tending to himself.

It wasn’t until a few moments later did he remember he wasn’t at home, but at the Stray…

Whoops.

An embarrassed noise escaped him for a few moments, and he then dried himself off as quickly as he could, wrapping a second towel around his waist while keeping the first towel piled atop his head. As he exited the bathroom and made his way to the door of the room, he opened it, totally unaware that Evan was standing there and very nearly walking into him.

tada

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:36:55 GMT
evan fader Avatar
The door opens and Evan finds himself face to face with a shower fresh Laurence Anderson.

Very shower fresh.

"Oh."

How nonchalant. He has to be mind you, if he thinks too much about the bare chest just bellow eye level it's going to get to him. Get to him in a way the man has been avoiding for a very long time.

Evan turns around, lacing his fingers together against hi own chest and refusing to look back over his shoulder at lars.

"Did the clothes I gave you... not fit?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:57:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

What the—what are you saying, I just got out of the shower myself,” he remarked, although he was definitely more than surprised to notice that Evan had turned around and was refusing to face him.

It isn’t until he remembered to look down did he realize he had practically walked out of the room, in nothing but towels, to come to a stop right in front of the one man he was hoping not to make a fucking ass out of himself.

“N—no, they fit just f-fine. Is… is something wrong? he continued a few moments later, his voice taking on a concerned air. Was he trying to play it cool? Oh, definitely.

Lars, of course, didn’t know why his mind had immediately flown to such thoughts and he felt his ears starting to burn red again from blush without his realizing it.

I present to you: Mr. Dense

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
aftermath
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 19:25:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He stood there.

Waiting.

Silence falling between them.

And then it’s broken by just one sentence, one that seemingly flew over his head because his brain had just clocked out and did an absolute malfunction.

“Huh?” was all he said before he remembered to look down.

He was topless, he had a towel wrapped around his waist, he was decent, so what the hell was Evan on? They were both men, right? Men walking around topless around other men was pretty normal, right?

Right?

LOLOLOL

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
aftermath
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2020 4:39:09 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"Clothes. On. Now please." evan does not turn around and face him, does not dare to look and have his face flare up or worse there are so many ways this could go down the route he's managed to avoid for eight years and all it would take is a little smooth talking and a little willingness on Lars' part.

Arceus what was he thinking. No. He couldn't slip up, not now, not after how long he's managed to keep himself in check.

He moves away from the door, down the hall a ways and towards the balcony off the side of the second floor. "You're gonna want to be dressed for this anyway, okay?" his voice is surprisingly steady, all things considered.