awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 0:12:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando raises an eyebrow to show his explicit confusion. It's an act to show that her conclusion is both wrong and surprising, as if he had expected her to know the answer. "No, not that." The correction segues back toward the unknown, probing, looking for her to fill in his ad-lib.

"You know I'm not supposed to mention it explicitly, now."

@iris

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 0:34:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]stunned silence meets his answer. iris' confusion, annoyance, and edge of panic all manifest in the slight narrowing of her eyes. she had never forgotten orders before.
[break][break]
but there was a first time for everything.
[break][break]
her mind reels to put the pieces together, backtracking until she would finally reach her answer. examination days were days off--silph confirmed that this was not about a mission. a lot of matters concerning her were classified, so that didn't narrow it down. that information was on lock down to anyone outside of--
[break][break]
"you're not a ranger." she isn't quite sure if it's an accusation or a question.
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...

[break][break]

TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamRight]float:right;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris b]font-weight:bold;color:#989fb1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 0:58:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] She's right — absolutely right and without Fernando knowledge about her lack thereof in regards to how the League operates, this would be easy. But he doesn't and he assumes, due to his own infamy, that she has some semblance of his rank and order. However, the ranger's hands only extend so far. Not everyone knows how the government works, including some of his very own councilmen, so he hedges his money on that angle.

"I thought you said you knew who I was."

@iris

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 1:46:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]this time her answer is less certain. "i-i do."
[break][break]
before she can continue a woman enters the waiting room, pokeball in hand. she's evidently surprised that iris is not alone, stopping in her tracks for a moment. she finally regains herself and greets fernando with a bow of her head. "mister silph."
[break][break]
iris reclaims her pokemon with an eagerness that's more possessive than caring. this is her only pokemon, after all. the doctor walks off without another word, telling iris that she has the all-clear until next month comes.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 1:56:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando returns the bow with a curt nod, his visage shifting to a more welcoming, formal smile. The tinge of deviousness that comes with teasing someone else is lost when confront with someone else and he waits for the doctor to leave before relaxing. Maintaining images is more of a job than a chore and Fernando finds code switching more annoying than taxing.

"Congratulations."

The exchange between some staff member and Iris implies many things but Fernando only relies on the obvious.

She's here for her Pokemon.

Only one Pokemon.

It's not a routine patch job that a Pokemon Center can handle, or should handle, possibly.

"I suppose we'll get going now. Are you ready?"

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:27:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris stands up, ready to make her way back to the ranger station. they seemed to trust her enough now to take the journey alone, or at least believed she couldn't make an escape out of it. the doctors had likely called to tell them the examination was over, iris was now on the clock.
[break][break]fernando silph, however, suggests the rangers haven't loosened their grip entirely. she can't help but feel insulted. "i don't need supervision."
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:36:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Monkey see, monkey do. Fernando brings himself to stand despite his slouching and resume proper posture. He won't chase after her but until she runs, nothing seems too suspicious by keeping close.

"What makes you think that?" There is a detail to be gleamed from this but he cannot piece it together from such a brief mention. The fact that supervision seems regular escapes his mind, too mild to probe further.

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:57:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]"oh."
[break][break]
she seems to shrink a little at this. perhaps it'd been too bold of her to assume these walks alone would be a regularity, even though the rangers' words seemed to imply as much. the beginnings of defiance in her wither as she takes sudden interest in the floor.
[break][break]
"did i do something wrong?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 3:04:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Not at all. Think of this as more of an observation than supervision."

Fernando's fun takes a small turn for the worse as he adopts his character. It shift to something more work appropriate and his smile is exchanged for an expression that's more flat. "Unless you have something to confess?"

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 18:15:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]the answer seems to mollify her. though she would have preferred free reign entirely, she understands the league's anxieties given the situation--they wouldn't let go so easily. she shakes her head fervently at his question. "no, of course not!"
[break][break]
matters of the task (or whatever this was) back to hand, she looks back up at fernando. "are we going back to base then? or am i doing something else?" the slight scare from before makes her all the more willing to please. she wants this observation to turn out a positive report.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 18:26:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Actually," he's not sure where to go form here so he improvises. "Before we do anything, I wanted to check in with you. Although most of this will go on record, we also want to make sure you're comfortable and of sound mind. If there's any concerns you have feel free to let me know, but mention you want it off the record prior to stating anything."

Fernando's not a bad liar by any means. He lives and breaths facades, acting on a well crafted public image while appeasing the pleasantries of stiff hats that sit along the upper echelon. But shooting in the dark proves to be a big hole in his character. Hopefully, he can navigate the conversation with enough finesse that his little secret never gets revealed.

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 19:37:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she seems sceptical, with valid reason. perhaps this was a test. the right answer would be to sing the rangers' praises, then. iris opens her mouth to do so, but finds herself hesitating.
[break][break]
he'd said this was off the record, and that she could say anything she wanted. she bites the inside of her lip, clearly deliberating whether she should bring it up or not. "well," she answers slowly, "i mean, it's hard to work with only one pokemon..."
[break][break]
it certainly wasn't a new complaint of hers, but iris hoped mister silph would take better to it than her fellow rangers had. in the worst case scenario, her superiors would only be hearing words she'd already spoken countless times--there didn't seem to be any losing to this. "i've passed all the checks, they know i treat blue well." with a leap of faith, she looks up at the man, "it's not exactly unreasonable..."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 19:45:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando drops the smile at the confession and finds himself settling into a more deadpan expression suitable for listening. The reveal proves promising and there's a bigger tale behind this enigma than he first thought possible. Enthralled, Fernando bunkers down and leans in to keep their conversation quiet, maintaining a hushed tone to portray how private he wants this conversation.

"Understandable," he says in agreement, pausing to appear as if he's pondering while he thinks of what other string to pull on. He can't reveal too much but there's so many paths to address. "But have you considered their point of view? Do you think that they think that you're ready?"

He has no idea what he's talking about and goes out on a limb, hoping he doesn't give himself away.

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 20:10:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she doesn't respond right away. iris had been an exceptional trainer, she knew her talents, and as far as the evidence went, well, it'd taken several of their own to put a stop to her team. she considered the possibility that they were intentionally holding her back, unwilling to give her the tools she'd need to fight back.
[break][break]
still, iris had thought she'd done enough to prove herself. the rangers certainly had high expectations.
[break][break]
"they don't trust me," she puts bluntly; there's a lick of anger in her voice. "i'm trying, you know..."
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#818fb2;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris b]font-weight:bold;color:#818fb2;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 20:42:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "It's hard to trust people. Trust must be earned and often times it takes much longer than we'd like."

For Fernando, a long time turns into almost never but he's been wrong about that before. Despite the odd conundrum that is , Fernando's grown to trust the man's allegiance, if nothing else. He doesn't reflect on that however, too prideful to ever admit that outside of drastic times. Instead, he prefers to fancy himself untrusting, finding relief in his own isolation.

"Should they trust you? Should we trust you? Do you know why they don't?"

@iris