laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 7:57:54 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","florian"]

"Ahh, I'm so cute!"[break][break]

Honestly, the lady who'd flagged him down in the Slateport Mall and pitched the game to him could've stopped with character creation alone, and Florian would have been sold. He twirls around in front of a small pond in the tutorial zone that allows him to view his reflection, delighted by the way his wing-like cloak flutters about his shoulders. He fiddles with the little earrings in his elfin ears and grins to himself.[break][break]

When Alexei spawns in next to him, he practically flutters over.[break][break]

"Alexei, look at —" He breaks off with an embarrassing little squeak, then rushes his friend in delight. "You're so small! We're almost the same height for once!"[break][break]

The long, dark hair of Florian's avatar, aptly named Leafae, falls about his shoulders and frames his features, his differently-coloured eyes. "This is going to be so fun! What class did you choose? I'm a healer, of course!"[break][break]

He twirls a knotted wooden staff in his grip, magical leaves swirling around him as he accidentally activates the move.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.florian b]font-weight:bold;color:#5c85d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 18:35:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was chance they had encountered the lady in Slateport, telling them all about this new game that they could literally dive into with the help of some ‘magic’ called ‘virtual reality’.

And wow, the character creation literally blew him away. Unlike Florian, he took his sweet time designing his in-game ‘avatar’, which honestly was the longest part of the entire process. Picking the username was easy.

It was deciding the look that took freakin’ forever.

At last, he had finally managed to settle on what he wanted to look like in this reality, and off he went! Unsurprisingly, there was a tutorial area and so there he went.

What he was not expecting, however, was to notice that Florian had chosen an avatar that was almost as tall as the one he made!

“Look, I was tired of being too tall, okay?” he began with a bit of a pouty huff, before wiggling his elven ears. “I couldn’t help it, I like—whoa!” he yelped, frantically dodging out of the way as leaves of different shapes and sizes began swirling around his companion.

“I… I wanted to pick the Flying class, but it wasn’t in the class I really wanted to try… so… I went and made myself a Mage,” he admitted, rummaging around and finally pulling out an old, battered-looking book. “Yike, this thing needs an upgrade, badly,” he joked a few moments later.

“So… what’re we going to do now?” he asked, confused. He was more into mobile games that involved strategy and moving units around a map and sending them off into battle, so this was an entirely new experience for him altogether!

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 9:30:15 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"Aw, I don't think you're too tall!" Had this been real life, Florian would have booped him on the nose or something in a teasing gesture, but instead his avatar simply performs idle animations as they talk. He giggles as Alexei wiggles his ears, noticing: "Our ears match!"[break][break]

Of course, he provides an accidental distraction with his Magical Leaf, which thankfully glances harmlessly off his friend.[break][break]

"I think the tutorial is a protected zone!" he reassures Alexei, "b-but I didn't mean to do that, oops."[break][break]

As for what to do now...[break][break]

"I think we're just meant to follow the instructions and test out our moves!"[break][break]

Twirling the knotted wooden staff once more, he presses a button on his controller and a swirling pink energy surroundings the tip of the staff before reaching out to one of the Wobbuffet dummies and seems to pull some kind of essence from it.[break][break]

"I went Fairy... obviously..."[break][break]

He giggles, covering his mouth with a hand.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 9:38:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was too busy examining the book in his hands as he tried to look for some kind of guide, an indication that he was supposed to cast this spell and how it was done. Where was it?!

I really feel like the Mages in Heroes, he thought with a giggle of glee as he continued to paw through the book, finally coming across a page he could somewhat make out. Turning to the Wobbuffet dummy next to the one Florian had shot some kind of pink energy at, he starts mumbling under his breath before pointing his hand forward in a directional gesture.

Almost immediately, several large spikes of ice materialized from out of nowhere before crashing down around, as well as on top of, the practice dummy. His eyes widened in surprise.

“Ohmygod did I just do that—“ he stammered, looking around before examining his hand again. It was glowing some kind of pale blue, and for some reason it made him giggle with glee even more.

“I love being a Mage!” he exclaimed, twirling around and pointing his hand again in a random direction, not realizing he had casted another Icicle Crash spell raining down around them both.

Whoops!

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 9:48:52 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Florian yelps in surprise as massive shards of ice start to crash down around him, but those that strike his delicate avatar do nothing but cause a little frost to form around the point of impact.[break][break]

"Alexei!" he scolds, though his tone is playful and he's grinning wide. "Watch where you're throwing those!"[break][break]

And, because this is Florian, and he likes to show off, he decides to figure out his final spell even though it won't be of any use to either of them right now: Life Dew. He twirls his staff and then plants it firmly onto the ground, and it begins to rain.[break][break]

... only it's not rain, but sparkling droplets of dew that settle pleasantly on the skin.[break][break]

"It's a healing spell!" he says brightly. "What else can you do?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 9:56:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, I didn’t know, I’m sorry!” he cried out, ducking his head and scratching the back of his neck in sheer embarrassment as the resulting spears of ice embedded themselves around them. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

He then looked up in time to see his companion throw out another spell, and while it didn’t feel like normal rain, he saw that the mana bar on his user interface was replenished back to full.

“Ooh, handy,” he nodded. “Always useful to have a healer!” he added a few moments later. As he thumbed through the book again, he found another page that looked a little singed.

Deciphering the directions took a bit of time, but he found a rock before kicking it up as quickly as he could manage. A few moments later, the projectile caught fire, and with another banishing gesture, he sent the flaming projectile flying, smacking another Wobbuffet dummy with it as it caught fire.

“Okay, this one needs a little more practice. In this tome I have it says the spell is called ‘Pyro Ball’,” he read off the singed page. What other secrets were within the tome?

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 10:18:03 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"It's OK!" Florian giggles, his mic picking up on the sound and causing Leafae to perform a laughing animation as well. He twirls, his long hair dancing around him. "I'm not actually mad."[break][break]

He's giddy with excitement, if anything, watching wide-eyed as Alexei sets a rock on fire and then hurls it at the Wobbuffet. Mages really were incredibly flashy and offensive with their spells, weren't they?[break][break]

"I read that if we finish the tutorial, we earn enough currency — I think they're called Metal Coats — to unlock another move if we want! Ooh, I can't wait. I'll probably go for another fairy-type one... oh!:"[break][break]

Detecting that they'd done enough damage to the dummies to be considered competent, the game had spawned their first real enemies: a group of Rattatta swarming in from the left.[break][break]

"Look out!" Florian advises, and Leafae dances forth to send a swirl of Magical Leaves toward their foes.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 15:34:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, they say everyone has to start somewhere, right?” he continued with a grin, turning the pages of the moldy tome he had with him. Wondering if he was going to find anything else, he was surprised to see a page that looked relatively… unharmed. Unscathed.

And the words were easily readable, to boot.

“Oh, wait, incoming?!” he cried out in alarm, looking up and facing left as he followed the attack that his companion had thrown out. Licking his lips nervously, he lowered his eyes to the page and read off the spell under his breath, before casually flicking his fingers at one of the incoming mobs that was about to take a bite out of his companion’s foot.

While it was best not to say the name of this spell out loud, he compensated for saying it in the back of his head. Extrasensory! He thought, watching as an unseen force repelled the incoming Rattata that was about to take a good bite out of Florian’s leg.

“Thank me later,” he remarked, pointing at the Rattata he knocked away, before kicking up another rock and preparing his next attack.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 15:42:52 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Florian's flurry of leaves take out a couple of the rats, but he doesn't notice as one of them slips away from the pack. The would-be ankle-biter is quickly dispatched by Alexei, however, and Florian laughs in surprise.[break][break]

Fiddling with the emotes until he finds a cute one, he clicks it. Leafae offers Alexei's in-game avatar a dramatic bow of thanks, blowing a kiss at the end.[break][break]

"I can multitask," he retorts cheekily, canines flashing. "I'll thank you now and continue kicking ass."
[break][break]
His Draining Kiss stops another rat in its tracks, and the counter for the quest step completion ticks down. "I think those are the last ones!"[break][break]

He gestures to a pair of rats, perfectly lined up for Alexei's attack.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ready player one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 17:52:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If blush could register on an in-game avatar, it definitely would. Alexei—rather, Zimavich in this instance—came to a flustered stop as he felt his face as well as his ears heat up at the dramatic bowing gesture topped with a kiss emoji.

Hoo boy.

The Mage started sputtering, momentarily losing his composure as the two remaining mobs race closer. “Duck!” he shouts a few moments later, remembering where he was.

Instead of launching Pyro Ball, at the last second he switched tacks and dropped a series of large icicles on the last two mobs. Shrieking, he watched as the two remaining Rattata exploded into tiny pixels before only the frozen spears remained.

“Oh, my god,” he muttered under his breath, quickly searching through the available emoji and giving him a thumbs-up one, along with… his own daring… returning the kissing gesture with one back!

“Come on, let’s go get our rewards and get out of here,” he added a few moments later, approaching the other and taking hold of the Healer’s wrist and gently pulling him down and out of the training area.

fin!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND