[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
Don't think...[break]Obey.

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

Kat didn't need to guess to know that River would close the distance between them. She is overly confident, and for a good reason. There isn't an asset of hers she is unaware of, and frankly... She considers everything to be fair game.
[break][break]
The revealing dress, the endless teasing, the constant flirting.
[break][break]
If she wants something, she gets it. If she wants someone, then he is hers.
And tonight - River was the object of her desire. Well... Person. But the difference between the two wasn't one she'd care to argue about.
[break][break]
Their kiss is sweet. It's refreshing like the mint she'd tasted moments ago. But most of all, it burns like the shot of cheap vodka did when River pulls away. Addivctive. Is there any other way to describe this?
[break][break]
"You're sweet, River." And Kat wasn't referring just to this kiss. "Really. I like you. But I don't like you like that." It comes as a surprise perhaps - since she'd been giving all the wrong signals until this very moment. Hell, she didn't even attempt to pull back from the kiss.
[break][break]
The truth of the matter was... She wanted to have her little fun with him. Birthday or not, she enjoyed it.
[break][break]
"You're a good kisser though. Better than I thought."
[break][break]
The audacity of Katherine Fairburne.

[attr="class","runruntag"]

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#8D44A3!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 3:40:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

River pulls his attention away, retaining the smirk. He takes a deliberate sip of the mojito, but he has to admit - it tasted better coming off of her lips. Must be the lipstick she wore. Hmm..[break][break]

He glances back when she speaks, but he chuckles because she's oversharing, overexplaining, trying to write off whatever they had just done. But he doesn't need it because if she's willing to write it off, he is too. [break][break]

"Oh dear, you aren't going to fall in love with me, are you? That would be tragic, kitty Kat."[break][break]

He licks his lips slowly, pulling the minty taste from his lips. He's still smiling.[break][break]

"You flatter me, love."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 19:53:32 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"Please. I know I said you're a good kisser, but you aren't that good." It was far from enough to make her fall for him this easily. "I just wanted to make sure you know this isn't serious." And deep down, Katherine also acknowledged that she couldn't spare ruining another friendship for a one-night stand.
[break][break]
"You should feel flattered though."
[break][break]
She's smiling now too, and there's a tinge of redness coating her cheeks. It was mostly the alcohol responsible for her blush.
[break][break]
"So, River. Why exactly are you celebrating with me again?" It was a bit weird to ask, but Katherine's bluntness makes it so no subject is off-topic for her. "I mean... Why not with some family? A partner? Friends you've known for longer?"
[break][break]
Oh.
[break]
She was just trying to ask about his personal life. How nice of her.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 0:14:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

River chuckles, bringing his attention back to her after another slow sip of his drink. He likes the way she explains herself. Was it a nervous tick? Did he make her nervous, like she had to explain the reasoning behind her soft rejection? It was cute.[break][break]

"All of these excuses, Kat... makes me think you might be lying to me."[break][break]

He looks hungry, his soft blue eyes intense as he watches her. He makes no further moves to push boundaries, however. She's made it perfectly clear that he wasn't that good and she doesn't want something serious. Not that he'd been looking for serious, but he was mostly a gentleman.[break][break]

But her smile brings a smile to his own face, even as he flicks his attention away - anything to seem aloof and less interested than he really is.[break][break]

"That's easy - you invited me. How could I possibly say no?"[break][break]

Her bluntness is appreciated - it was something he appreciated. She was no-nonsense and to the point. He had little to no issue knowing where he stood with her and it was a comfort. [break][break]

"Birthdays aren't really my thing - but I figured I'd give it a shot if you were the one hosting."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 3:41:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Dark, lavender-colored eyes stare back into River's blues when the accusation of her lying rolls from the tip of his tongue. Well, half an accusation. "Well, I am not."
[break][break]
She's still smiling.
[break][break]
"But I suppose it wouldn't be the first time I am lying to you." She was absolutely giving him every reason to doubt her still. It's fun. It's amusing to her. Teasing even now. Who could blame her? Could anyone even resist this taste? The art of taking a step forward and then two back? As far as she's concerned, it's addictive and she had no intention to deny herself such pleasure.
[break][break]
"But you do have a point. How could you say no?"
[break][break]
The dress she wore was ample reason to show up here and at any other place she could've suggested. She looked that good. Half of the art of selling yourself is confidence, and Katherine practically oozed it. Perhaps in a delusional way at times, but still. It worked.
[break][break]
"Really?"
[break][break]
"That's... Kind of weird, River." The bartender passed by them, and without breaking eye contact, Kat gestured for him to bring her another glass of martini. "I mean, is there a reason? Do you hate surprise parties or something? Did your parents forget to call once?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 5:04:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

River chuckles, thoroughly amused and equally frustrated by her antics. She pushed and pulled, bringing him in only to hang him out to dry. It was incredibly irritating as much as it was addicting. She had him wrapped around her finger.[break][break]

It takes all of his concentration not to focus on the perfect pucker of her lips, the way her dress clung to her hips, they sultry smile she gave - or maybe it was a regular smile and he was just tipsy.[break][break]

"I couldn't - that's the point."[break][break]

He smiles, a lazy half-smirk. The confidence she oozed was eaten up fervently by the man. He was more than happy to indulge her and flatter her.[break][break]

Except then she ruins the mood by asking about his parents. Like being dowsed in cold water, River leans back and regards her with some degree of coldness.[break][break]

"Something like that, yeah. Let's not ruin the mood, Katherine."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 5:42:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"Oh?"
[break][break]
There.[break]
She hit a nerve. Or maybe she was about to. Whichever it was, it sparked curiosity in Katherine immediately. Sure, she didn't like talking about her parents either, but she was far from kind enough to respect someone else's wishes. If anything, it's the similarity that only urges her to continue.
[break][break]
"Aw, don't tell me that is what gets you. I should've guessed."
[break][break]
She doesn't say it, but it's clear that she means it: he looked like the type. Damaged. Just like her. Like most Rockets, honestly. But who could ever own that? Who could ever admit that they are not fine?
[break][break]
"Fine, fine. I won't ruin your mood." With an emphasis on 'your', because hers remained as playful and cheerful as ever. "You can ask me something instead then. I am an open book."
[break][break]
Or was she?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 6:09:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

He sips his drink with a sour look on his face. He's doing his best to not ruin the mood himself, but he's a bitter kid.[break][break]

And Kat's annoying persistence wasn't flattering anymore - at least not when her focus was on this. He furrows his brow at her 'oh?', a warning for her not to continue. Fortunately, she doesn't. Sort of. She's insensitive but he isn't surprised and isn't really sore about it - not really.[break][break]

Instead, he side-eyes her as she keeps up her playful act. He narrows his eyes slightly when she suggests he ask her a question. [break][break]

"Why'd you throw me a party? And a personal one at that. You and me and the bar to ourselves seems pretty personal for you not liking me, kitty."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 19:36:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"I never said I don't like you." She corrects.
[break][break]
"I said I don't like you a certain way. There's a difference." And of course, she's all smiles and full of joy, even when River's doubt is heard. "Anyway, I like your company. I figured it'd be fun." The glass of martini arrives, and she sips from it slowly. As if taking her time to pause between words, to let the silence linger in the air.
[break][break]
"I am having fun."
[break][break]
Her smile grows wider as if proving that she meant it. "That's a boring question, you know. I thought you'd try to ask me about something more personal. Maybe even something annoying and a bit too intrusive. Don't tell me alcohol makes you boring, River." She really hoped it wasn't the case. After all, they were... Well, inside a bar.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 0:06:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Oh.. gotcha, gotcha. My bad."[break][break]

He chuckles, glancing briefly to her martini as it's delivered. He opts to take another generous sip of his own drink - he's enjoying the fuzzy warmth it grants him. Perhaps this is why people enjoy late nights at the bar. This was far, far different than he had expected and he wasn't not enjoying it.[break][break]

"I do like to think I'm fun. You flatter me."[break][break]

River regards her with his signature lazy expression, pale eyes soft as he gazes upon her. He retains his playful, flirty smirk, more than willing to play his part in this little game of flirtation they're entertaining. [break][break]

However, his facade of confidence is cracked when she confronts his 'boring question'. He had thought it had been pretty good - was he not good at this? That was impossible.[break][break]

But he is unsure how to answer, unable to find something quippy and intelligent to say, or a better question to ask. [break][break]

"I could never be boring, surely."[break][break]

Smooth.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 4:26:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Katherine almost opened her mouth to argue that he was boring her right now– but she opts not to. She didn't want to ruin his good mood. She'd done it only moments ago when she pressed into what seemed like a touchy subject, pulling the same trick again might just convince her company for tonight to leave early.
[break][break]
"You worked with me when I am wasted and lived to tell the tale, River. Of course, I think you're fun. You're probably a bit crazy too."
[break][break]
In the good sense of the word, that is.
[break][break]
She's kind enough to continue flattering him now, to move past that awkward moment so River can feel more comfortable. But knowing Katherine, such a gesture was only temporary. She'll find a reason to be rude at some point. "You are going to have a bad hangover tomorrow, by the way. I hope you're ready for it."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 19:11:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Probably, but that's hot, right?"[break][break]

He was, in some ways, a thrill-seeker. A coward, too, of course, but he liked the idea of being brave and stupid and crazy. Especially if he got out alive. Maybe he really was a junkie.[break][break]

Once again, River finds himself not-so-subtly watching her, eyes wandering, appreciating. She's being sweet but he knows better. Even still, he's willing to indulge and enjoy the moment.[break][break]

"It'll be worth it."[break][break]

He smiles.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 23:49:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"It's always worth it, trust me."
[break][break]
She was speaking from experience after all. Bad hangovers came from great nights. The more fun you've had, the fewer details you remember - the worse your hangover will be. "Just don't call me tomorrow if you end up feeling bad." It's the least threatening warning one could give. Despite caring for his well-being, Katherine didn't want to convince River to stop drinking all of a sudden. It'd ruin their fun.
[break][break]
Her glass of martini is finished eventually, and that is also when she decides to pay for their drinks and rise from her seat. River's hand is grabbed by hers as she turns to lead him outside, "Come on, let's go. I want to take a walk."
[break][break]
It was a beautiful night, and it'd be a waste not to spend at least half of it outside. The glint of moonlight seemed to shine in the street– or maybe it was just the alcohol playing tricks on her mind.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 0:30:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

River chuckles, sipping at his drink while she speaks. And, when she finishes her martini, he finishes his mojito. He moves to stand only after Katherine grabs his hand - his functioning is slowed and he's quite honestly surprised that she'd so easily leave the bar.[break][break]

But her hand is warm in his and she's pulling him from the stool and, without restraint, River follows her.[break][break]

"A walk? How romantic."[break][break]

He's being cheeky, but he gives her hand a squeeze, even being so bold as to attempt to interlace his fingers between hers. However, even River takes a moment to appreciate the scenery - though brings his attention back to her. She is, after all, the most beautiful thing to witness tonight.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
popping bottles [c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 2:41:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"Are you okay?"
[break][break]
Katherine asks about his well-being first and foremost, noticing that River's walk was a bit sluggish. She isn't willing to stay and confirm his state of mind, of course. She prefers to head outside, and if River was to pass out or throw up - they'd deal with it there.
[break][break]
It wouldn't be the first time she had seen him throwing up.
[break][break]
But her worries are washed away when he squeezes her hand and his cheeky comment is made, "You wish. I just needed a breath of fresh air." Kat can feel his stare on her, and as much as she'd like to ignore it, she can't. Her eyes are drawn to his and then she realizes: if she doesn't look away now, she'd be caught staring too.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES