part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
ruumis [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 17:47:46 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]the walk is relatively short and painless. traffic noises filter in one ear and out the other, keeping her preoccupied for the majority of it. it's only when they approach the cafe that she realizes where they are. she's passed this exact cafe plenty of times, although it's a bit smaller than her usual haunt. coffee is coffee, though. besides, as long as they have liquid sugar she'll be fine.

she's settling into her chair with an iced coffee, plenty of liquid sugar included, in hand when he asks the first question. it earns half of a laugh from the doctor and she's pausing to sip her coffee before indulging in an answer. "better," she sighs happily. something about a girl and an iced coffee just feels right, like the world could end but she'd be fine.

"drea oddmund," she supplies, although there's a small smirk that lingers after her name is uttered. she's only half teasing when she adds, "but you can call me doc if you'd like." a pause, a beat, and then a question of her own is breathed into the space between them. "and you?"

[newclass=.drea] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea b] color: #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea i] text-decoration: underline dotted #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ruumis [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 18:27:13 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]his hot coffee contrasts her iced coffee and where she prefers hers laced with plenty of liquid sugar, his is plain and bitter. steam rises above his cup as he raises it to his lips. the sip he takes is long and savored.

"lance vollans," he answers, mimicking her small smirk. a car honks outside but his gaze lingers on her. "galar?" her accent gives her away. he doesn't bother clarifying because he doesnn't need to. she's quick enough to pick up on the unspoken.

"why hoenn?"

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
she's the giggle at a funeral
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
ruumis [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 23:45:11 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]is this the part where she extends a hand for a shake? she's out of practice with social interactions. i mean really, who's hand is she gonna shake? the bodies in the morgue? nope. she decides against it in the moment, instead dipping her head in acknowledgement. "lance," she repeats. a pause and then the widening of a smirk. "nice to meet you." even if it's under... less than ideal circumstances.

oh, right. the accent usually gives her away... funny, she always forgets it's not common here. "ballonlea," she supplies. the city of mushrooms, tucked away in the depths of a forest. gorgeous, sure, but eventually the bright glow of colors fades into muted tones and it loses its spark. her head tilts with the question. another pause, this time long enough for her to sip on her iced coffee and mull over an answer.

why hoenn? simple yet loaded perhaps. she'll answer truthfully, anyway. "bigger opportunities after school," and she was mostly bored of the galar life but she'll leave that out for now. her coffee settles onto the table and she leans over it, propping her chin up in her hands when her elbows settle. "and just a bit of adventure, i suppose." she'll allow silence to fall for only a moment before she's asking a question of her own. "not a hoenn native?" only fair, right? she can't place the accent but it's not one she runs into daily.

[newclass=.drea] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea b] color: #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea i] text-decoration: underline dotted #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ruumis [c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 8:51:52 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]an eyebrow raises. "that sounds like a made up city." he's shaking his head at it, amused. maybe it's the accent that makes it sound so exquisite but he deconstructs it easily. "balloon lair," because that's genuinely how he hears it. he knows little of the region and less of its cities, but he would've liked the city of mushrooms.

her response is sound and logical. he too would have left his region for another if there were bigger opportunities for him. maybe not hoenn, though. "looks like you got more than you bargained for. this region is...interesting," to say the least. he rolls up the sleeves of his shirt past his elbows and leans forward. the burns on his arms are still bright as day; healing, but not quite there yet.

"no, thankfully." he feels no need to clarify. instead, he continues. "twinleaf, sinnoh. transferred to help the rangers here." it's the reason he's given everyone and she receives the same despite knowing more. she can infer if she so wishes. "i guess we're both foreigners here."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]