awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 14:20:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Right now his little… collection was coming along, but to be honest Alexei was still confused to all hell because of the weird things that he had found in Shoal Cave.

Who the hell could figure out these… things… that he’d been finding so far? He had a mirror frame, along with something that looked like several… shards that sort of fit together? But he was still missing one piece, it looked like… it was so strange! He didn’t know how to make heads or tails of it!

The only thing he was certain of was that he had encountered the strangest-looking beast in the Shoal Cave who was more than content to scare the living daylights out of the huddle of Phione he had found there… but then again, who could he ask about these items?

He wondered if someone who was… close to water itself knew the answer. It was a shame he didn’t know where Miss Olivia had gone off to, otherwise he’d have gone straight to her first. Either way, he was in Sootopolis now and was headed to the Gym proper—not for a battle, but looking for some answers.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 16:32:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]by pure coincidence, alexander is outside his gym and catches sight of alexei approaching. despite having never met the man in person, his reputation for the work he does in fortree is more than enough for him to be a familiar figure. alexander gives the fortree gym leader a friendly wave and a smile.

"to what do i owe the pleasure, mister ivanov?"

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 18:32:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I was wondering—wait, where’s Miss Olivia? She just… left? he began curiously, blinking at the structure of the Gym. It was different from what he remembered the last time he was here.

To be honest she was the one he had come to visit, but things had apparently changed in the time since he last came by for a visit. He then looked around, wondering if there was anyone listening.

“Is—can we talk somewhere private?” he asked, his eyes moving from side to side just in case there were other people listening in. “It’s… well, I think it best to show you without anyone else finding out about this.”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 12:42:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]ah. he should have figured as much. "she had to step away for the time being." but her silver spire tower can still be seen from where they are. it sticks out in the sky, after all.

alexei's demeanor is curious. "of course." alexander leads them indoors, to one of the challenger waiting rooms in the gym. it's a small room with a sofa, some tables and chairs, and refreshments in a fridge. though not the most glamorous, it certainly is the most private room in the gym.

"what is it that you need to show me, mister ivanov?"

[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:23:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankful that there is a place where they can convene quietly, he follows the other into the Gym proper—having been in a previous incarnation of the place, most of the décor may have changed much, but the function was still there.

Now that they were in one of the smaller rooms where they were guaranteed privacy, he sat down on the sofa, before pulling the table as close to where he was as possible.

“You see… the reason why I sought you out, is because of… well, these.”

And out came the mirror—most of its broken surface in place. There was still a missing piece he had yet to find (wherever it was, it certainly eluded him) and to be on the safe side, he drew out one of the strange purple-and-green feathers.

“Oh, a warning… don’t raise the feather above your head,” he added a few moments later.

“I found all of these in Shoal Cave—while normally it’s known to be the only place in Hoenn where Ice-types can be found, well… safe to say I ended up in one of the other caverns and found…these. Do you recognize them?”

He knew he was putting too much out all at once, but…

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 7:24:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]alexander takes a seat on the sofa as well, attention on alexei as he starts to explain. a mirror is revealed, its surface mostly broken, along with a feather of purple and green. he peers at them curiously, unsure of what they are or what they mean.

"i do not. but i need a little more context here." his eyes fall on the feather. "what happens when the feather is raised above your head?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 18:33:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He wanted context, there was going to be context given. Well, as much as Alexei would disclose safely.

“I tried one of them in the cave—I have nine of these feathers—and when this is held up overhead, a powerful gale, strong enough to possibly lift someone off the ground, happens. Well, I tried one of them it sent the rocks skyward in that cavern of Shoal Cave, but then…”

He fell quiet before realizing—well, if it was him, maybe he would know about the little troublemaker.

“Do you—do you have a PC where I can grab a Pokémon from my storage like, real quick? I think I can show you what else I found in the cavern as well, you being the Water gym leader and all that. Maybe you would know more about this Pokémon…”

He wanted to show the other man the data on the other hulking monster he encountered in the depths of the cave, but he figured, one at a time first.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:49:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]a feather of mythical power with the ability to conjure up a powerful gale. his gaze falls to his arm momentarily, remembering another incident not too long ago. alexander has his suspicions but he decides to keep them to himself for now.

pointing to his right, alexander responds: "there is a pc in the room next to this."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 19:59:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Give me like, five minutes,” was all he said before standing up and going one room over.

Once he’d spotted the terminal, he quickly punched in his details before retrieving one very particular Dive Ball, watching as it materialized in the receptacle once a Pokémon was retrieved from storage. Plucking it from the stand, he then returned to the other room, before taking a deep breath.

This is what I wanted to show you.”

He then popped the Dive Ball to full size and tossed it upwards—watching as the red flash of light arced forward before materializing into Zelle, his troublemaker of a Phione.

“Miss Olivia… kind of went bananas around her, he began to explain. “Called this little troublemaker, ‘the Maiden’. I don’t know what the hell that means, but she turned reverent towards this little one—“ he went on before the Phione caught sight of the green-haired man…

…and immediately made a beeline for the other man’s face in an attempt to give him the good ol’ face hugging technique!

“Zelle, no!” he exclaimed, aghast at her behavior. “Calm down!”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 15:10:07 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]five minutes pass by a little too quick and alexei soon returns to the room with a dive ball in hand. it pops open to reveal a pokemon of aqua and cyan, and it's one alexander has never seen before, which is unfortunate for the both of them.

but before he has a chance to ask and pry, the pokemon zips forward and wraps itself around his face. he gasps, hands immediately reaching up to pry it off his face. his legs move on instinct, heel tapping against the pokeball around his ankle. the sudden flash is all too familiar.

"wait, galahad."

whether he manages to pull it off his face or if it decides to let go on its own is irrelevant. the moment he's free, alexander shoves the chair backward and rises to his feet. he looks to alexei with a guarded expression.

"are you in control of it?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 15:47:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The materialization of the other Pokémon made the Phione look up—right in the face of danger. Instead of panicking, however, all she did was give the Gallade the tiniest of pokes, before turning to face Alexei who now had a pretty aghast look on his face.

“I am so sorry!” he exclaimed as he quickly approached and practically picked up the Phione with his hands. Slippery body aside, the Phione let out a gurgling noise before turning to whack him with the protrusion coming out of its head as she turned to face him.

“Zelle, no,” he insisted before the Phione let out a sniffle.

He then scratched the back of his head with his other hand before the Water-type wiggled out of his hold and settled herself in his hair.

“Most of the time. She just likes kissing… or rather, face-hugging people she hasn’t met yet. I’ve gotten used to it… after a while. She’s just… really affectionate. Always has been ever since she hatched from her egg, which I found in Shoal Cave—which is where I also found those,” he explained as he tilted his head towards the artefacts on the table.

“Are you sure you don’t know… anything… about her?” he asked as he gestured to the Phione was lounging atop his hair.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 19:09:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]it takes everything in galahad not to react to the pokes the phione gives him. he listens to his trainer and holds his ground, ready to attack though not quite willing to until he is given the order. for now, galahad settles on keeping a close eye on the phione.

"it's fine."

exhaling, alexander takes a moment to calm the sudden rush of emotions he feels. fear subsides but just enough lingers for him to remain cautious of the phione. it isn't anything he's ever seen before and that can only mean one thing.

"that makes sense. it sounds like she's still a baby, after all." to alexei's question, alexander shakes his head. "i would check with olivia but it is hard to reach her at the moment." to disappear at such a vital time...

"has it shown signs of any special abilities?" pausing, alexander considers his next question very carefully. "have you?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 18:57:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“She’s an overgrown baby, which is why as much as possible I only let her out when she’s not going to cause trouble. You know how it is with young Pokémon… he chuckled a few moments as the Phione swung its head around, flicking the appendage growing out of its head before settling down once more.

“That’s the thing, I was meeting with her but then she had to leave suddenly. For what, I do not know, but seeing as the only source of information who knows about her species isn’t around, well… guess most of my questions would have to go unanswered,” he added with a sigh before the Phione curled up atop his head and blinked in Alexander’s direction, watching with wide-eyed wonder.

The last question made him backtrack a few moments.

“Her? Unfortunately… no. She can’t control her Rain Dance technique, but I mean it’s to be expected as she’s still a kid after all. That’s what you are, Zelle, a big kid, he went on as he raised up his right hand to poke the Phione gently who let out a cooing noise.

“As for me? Do you think I’m a man of the water? Definitely not—“ he reiterated.

“If I had any kind of special powers then I would definitely keep it secret, but unfortunately, you got me there. Nothing at all. Just her, who doesn’t know how to control what techniques she knows… only Rain Dance and Tail Glow from what I noticed so far.”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
shards [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 8:20:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]it becomes very quickly clear that the phione is not a threat. tensions dissolve in the room; galahad steps out of his stance. alexander watches it curiously as alexei speaks.

"have you heard of avatars, alexei?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
shards [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 9:42:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He wondered if this had something to do with that one HNN network article he had read some time ago. Of course it was too fantastical to believe at the time, but the question that the other posed now made him stop for a few moments to think about the question.

“I’m… not sure if what the HNN said about ‘avatars’ is all correct, but… that’s all I know about the word, now that you mention it,” he replied a few moments later.

To be honest it was still confusing to him. The concept of a legendary Pokémon, lending its power to a human? Weren’t they normally just… that, tales? Stories and tales passed down through the years to the present day, widely regarded as myths?