GRUDGE [ POST-SLATEPORT | C ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 4:38:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he's looking for her. she knows. she'd be stupid not to.

she doesn't know the details. she doesn't know that he's been looking, that he never really stopped. a single fateful glance can only convey so much.

on some level, she feels it. it burns through her in the only good way that something can burn: like the drinks she never had; like the man's childhood home.

he's looking for her, and he'll find her. she'll let him.

slateport is theirs. slateport is hers. she navigates the city with ease and purpose. the left side of her face is a bruise, in its own way representing her success, her audacity; she wears it not like a badge but like a warning, brightly colored as an animal warning of its poison. as she makes her way back to the power plant, in her heart there is no shame, no hesitation, no fear.

there is the lick of flames. nothing else.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 7:43:18 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

he hasn't told anyone; not even .

his days are spent serving the agendas of the league: he goes where he's needed, he does what he's told, but do not make the mistake of assuming he's their pawn because he's far from it. he won't allow himself to be another mere pawn in the grand scheme of things. he's not the king but he doesn't have to be. he's not afraid to sacrifice himself to win the war.

orders do not dictate his actions. not anymore.

he's here on his own accord.

she allows him to find her and he knows it. assuming otherwise would be foolish. ghosts of his past resurfaces; within him, too, but this time it's different: he doesn't fight them.

he embraces them.

she waits for him at the power plant, or what remains of it. he sees the blood stains on the ground, on the STONE EDGES that were summoned a few days ago. their bodies are gone; not buried but burned into ash, most likely. he expects that much from rocket.

he stops when he's close enough.

his resolve is strong and his voice rivals it. his glare pierces. his words are venom.

"did you kill them?"

@ezra
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 8:18:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he arrives alone. she's counting on it. it can't be any other way; neither of them would have it.

there is an unspoken understanding that runs between them, at least about things like this. a bond that they share. a bond forged in fire.

"you're so hasty, nikolai."

they are like day and night. he's angry. her smile is sincere, words playful and teasing, as though greeting a friend.

her guard isn't down. it never is. hands in her pockets rest easily on exactly the capsules she knows she'll come to need. her casual tone creates stark contrast to the words she brings to form. she knows what she's doing; she's been waiting, too.

"i've been wondering. was anna still alive when you got home, or was my face the last one that she saw?"

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 16:45:16 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

her hands are in her pockets; his hands are in his pockets. the two have an unbreakable bond that he cannot escape from. he cannot deny it and believe him when he says he's tried. over and over again he's tried but still it clings on, unwilling to let him free.

he knows she has her hand around her pokeballs; he's no different with his. it'll boil down to who's faster and who's able to read the other better.

his brows furrow in response to the playfulness in her tone. their roles are swapped: how poetic; unfortunately, nikolai isn't much of an admirer of the arts.

the hurt in her words rival the night of the incident as they bring up unresolved issues; feelings that have been pushed deep down now ready to burst back out. he has to bite his tongue and hold himself back.

"you should have killed me." 

she'll live to regret it.

"any last words?" he restrains himself; he feels his body tense in response. "it's more than you gave them."

@ezra
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 10:40:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the stakes are high. she can taste the risk, but she barely considers it.

"you'd be surprised, actuallyー you're never going to believe this, but," surely, he's had more than enough time to have thought about this; to think about that night; to think about her. does he really believe she's such an amateur, even after she's taught him better? even after that lesson has cost him everything? nothing that happened in that house had been an accident.

"i did! when i shot her the first time, she dropped her phone. i figured she might have wanted it back."

how convenient that he should bring it up so soon. she's been holding onto that knowledge on her own, and it has sweetened over time. what kind of expression will twist into that beautiful face?

"what else don't you know?"

her memories of the events are the only ones left. when she dies, his family's last moments die with her.

truthfully, she doesn't know if he'll see it, doesn't know if he'll even care. maybe he'll kill her anyway. it's thrilling, in a way: she'll fight tooth and nail if ー when ー it comes down to it, but if she dies, she'll die twisting the knife she put in his chest all that time ago.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 14:31:56 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

ezra morgan is no amateur—that much he knows: the only reason anna had been able to call him was because she was allowed to. in her dying moments, with every fleeting breath she took, she called him. she expended all of her energy to seek his help because that was where she felt safest, because her big brother promised to keep her safe.

the knife she had left in his chest still remains. she twists it with her words and reopens past wounds.

what else don't you know? 

he knows the bar that night was a ploy to make sure he wasn't there to save them. he knows she shot his parents dead in the head with no remorse because he found them still laying in their bed. he knows she let his sister suffer in her dying moments. she tortured her.

he knows enough.

both hands move at the same time: one pulls out a single pokeball and releases the beast that lays inside. a flash of white surrounds them, blinding as his other hand fires two bullets straight at her legs. bang, bang. under the cover of the flash, his movements look to go undetected.

but he knows her well enough to know she has a counter. which is why he must be relentless. ruthless.

click.

drapion swings his massive tail across, looking to stab her with a CROSS POISON.

@ezra