thicker than a heart attack's makings [closed bb]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 5:30:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

What with the whole invasion and all, you would think things would be shaking and moving a little more than it was currently. Something like a lull had fallen over the city at the present turning it into a ghost of it's former self. What few people hadn't fled yet were hidden away in secret places. Most Rockets still weren't bold enough to crawl from the shadows to claim what was now theirs.

But Chu-e was restless. He hadn't been a big part of the mission, no more important than an NPC in a video game whose only job was to block off an area for the actual players. His job was not hard and it had not been vital and therefore rewards had been small. He would make sure to fix that next time.

The museum had always been a point of interest for him but the thoughts of being around people, pushing against him and happy families laughing and being bright and joyful, it curled his guts like nothing else. It was hollow now, desolate with lights on and no workers to fill it. Someone had broken one of the windows, it looked like, pilfered something behind the counter in the chaos. Everything else was empty like a tomb.

Chu-e made sure to touch everything, knock over the intricately modeled boats, leave fingerprints on the glass that used to be pristine, carve a broken heart into a smooth faced and well taken care of table, all just to spite the signs that pleaded to not do so. He sat and he contemplated, pink bubblegum popping, dreaming of ways to ruin something else.

the laziest 2 second post code type thing in the woooorld

i hope this is a cool starter! it's a lil shorter than i normally like to do cause i don't wanna crowd u into some place u don't wanna start or something, ya feel me?

close tab

played by

freiheit

lorelei
she / her
thirty-two
mercenary
grunt
0 height
0 height
my breath is set. i live with no regret. i am sworn to kill, never to forget.
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lorelei
LORELEI ACKERMANN
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 6:10:50 GMT
LORELEI ACKERMANN Avatar
Spoils of war she did not fight for – hardly would have cared to claim, even if she had. Slateport had been a droll city before Team Rocket had ever set their ugly foot in it, incapable of capturing her interest or even a second glance, but her superior's word was to be taken as law (it's safer this way, spoken from lips who knew from experience, don't follow me this time), and it was their command that she keep tabs on their freshly claimed territory... even if it was in shambles. Especially if it was in shambles.

Patrolling the area and keeping eyes peeled for any suspicious activity was a task to be carried out by all, but often forgone by the unhappy youth drunk on the idea of action and tired of the idea of the aftermath of it. At the very least, no one seemed to be scrambling from their precious little hidey-holes at the sight of light toward the sea-soaked outskirts of town, nor did anyone seem to wonder what its source may be when the power plant had been unceremoniously put out of commission. It couldn't have been electrical, Lorelei figured; the only natural conclusion was that it was from a Pokemon. More specifically, a trainer that was either playing in poor taste – or a threat who was trying to send a signal.

(Perhaps the youth weren't the only ones drunk on the idea of action, after all.)

Sure enough, the museum was awash with light. Tragically, a single step inside proved that the cause was not a Pokemon that needed to be beat into submission. “Color me impressed. I wouldn't have thought a backup generator would still be running so late after the fireworks.

The building, however, was not entirely without a culprit – further in the back, almost obscured by toppled boat models and stands coated in fresh graffiti stood a dark-haired figure blowing bubbles with his gum and carving his mark in a place that may never be liberated. If a tree fell in a forest with no one to hear, did it fall at all? If a boy carves images into wood whose owner never return to see, did he ever ruin it at all? Lorelei levels him with a flat stare, the look of a disgruntled parent who has scolded their child ten times too many in a single afternoon, and regrets her call the moment it falls from her lips: “Haven't you got anything better to do?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 6:44:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Hm?"

Was someone else brave, or stupid, enough to wander freely? With the scolding, Chu-e straightened, shifted to glance over his shoulder. He did not look caught, just bored, and after taking stock of the woman- older than him with an air around her that beget respect- he shrugged and popped his gum loudly.

"Yeah. You got anything better to do than stick your nose in my business?" May as well poke the bear, he figured. Most fools would show their cards when angered and he was not above taking a few lumps to see what they had in hand if it came to that. It could be fun, too, to have a little adrenaline pumping in him and a few healing bruises. He really hoped she took his, albeit weak, bait.

Chu-e paused, sighed, turned fully and hopped up to sit on the table, arms at his side and kicking his feet in the air. This place was kind of a wreck now and one of the lights upstairs flickered before shutting down.

"You know, Rocket's out and about. You seem like a doll, so why not run back home and clip some coupons? Wouldn't want one them to tear the hair off your pretty head. Some of them fucks is sick enough to do it."

the laziest 2 second post code type thing in the woooorld

i hope this is a cool starter! it's a lil shorter than i normally like to do cause i don't wanna crowd u into some place u don't wanna start or something, ya feel me?

close tab

played by

freiheit

lorelei
she / her
thirty-two
mercenary
grunt
0 height
0 height
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lorelei
LORELEI ACKERMANN
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 8:16:58 GMT
LORELEI ACKERMANN Avatar
They must have been some sight, the pair of them: one supposedly caught red handed, but both looking rather dull, if anything. The childish antics of some of the other Rockets were ignored with far more grace when she was a younger member, though they've come to grow more tiresome as the years have passed, even if her unchanging outward expression would never betray the change in thought. She takes her job very seriously. Appalling how many people don't seem to feel the same, beyond a baseline need to avoid having their head removed from their shoulders. Some days, she's tempted to do something similar, regardless of whether or not they're stepping out of their neatly crafted lines; anything to satiate the boredom, the irritation, the feeling that she's been left behind -

You got anything better to do than stick your nose in my business?

No.” Immediate. Unashamed. If she did, she certainly wouldn't be entertaining him now. At their very core, her orders had been to “shut up and wait”, albeit in a very particular location. What she did in her time, aside from ensuring that control over the waste did not slip out of the organization's fingers was very much up in the air. Lorelei never knew what to do with her free time. She wasn't use to having it at all.

He sat. He spoke: of dolls, of coupon clippings, of their supposedly nasty company. Had she been a green, bright-eyed novice stepping out on her adventure for the very first time, unmarked by Rocket's vile emblem, perhaps she would have been moved by his words and the harsh imagery they evoked. Instead, she scoffs. “You bark loudly for a dog that bares no fangs.” Assuming he had any to bare at all. From here, he looks like the sort of boy to be snapped in two by a wind too harsh – by hands like hers, unforgiving and immovable. (At the same time, though, she's seen larger mountains toppled by smaller men; she doesn't place herself above him for risk that he may pull the rug from beneath her feet.) “The lot of you look hard pressed to tear a slip of paper in two, much less 'the hair from my head', as you so boldly claim. Has your victory over the city made you complacent?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 8:53:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Whatever answer Chu-e had been expecting, it hadn't been that. He couldn't help it, he tilted his head back and laughed loudly. The sound was sharp and frail but genuine. He hadn't had a reason to laugh like that in a while. He was enjoying this woman more and more so far. When she spoke again, he did his best to quiet down, little hiccups of joy hidden behind his hand as to not spit out his gum.

"Dunno, probably, I don't really care about all that. You're real superior, you know that? But you're just another animal on a leash like me." So he shrugged what she said off, valid as it was. He was all bark, no bite, but sometimes that was all you needed if you were good at it. Having the chompers to back it up was only required if you failed in the first place.

And maybe Chu-e was complacent, too. This place didn't matter to him. It was just a stepping stone to what he really wanted. This was just biding time till he was where he wanted to be. He didn't give a fuck about Slateport and the people in it just like he hadn't given a shit about Kanto.

Chu-e patted the large table next to himself.

"This is fun and all, but come sit down instead of lurking over there like a fucking freak. I have some caramels I'm pretty sure haven't been poisoned." Reaching into his jacket pocket, he pulled out the little plastic bag of candies and shook them enticingly. Deciding that wasn't enough, Chu-e spat his gum on the ground and opened the bag to pop a handful into his mouth.

chu-e blease play nice jhgfkhsad
close tab

played by

freiheit

lorelei
she / her
thirty-two
mercenary
grunt
0 height
0 height
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lorelei
LORELEI ACKERMANN
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 19:33:41 GMT
LORELEI ACKERMANN Avatar
That he had chosen to spend his time committing petty destruction of property had not been a surprise. That his reaction to her comment on its worthlessness had been to make a threat had not been a surprise, either. When he laughs, though, head thrown back and generator-lighted museum echoing emptily at the sound of it, she's admittedly caught a bit off guard. It's likely at her expense – a grown woman admitting to having nothing better to do with her day than poke her nose where it doesn't belong – but she's not so much bothered by it as she's wrong-footed. It's rare she feels much of anything, but even rarer that she admits to feeling caught off guard. “You're really superior, you know that?” he says, stark contrast to the mirth that usually accompanies a hearty chuckle. “But you're just another animal on a leash like me.

A nail struck dead center on its head. He would probably say that to anyone standing in her shoes, Lorelei supposes, but the chord it strikes with her situation in particular sets a certain grimace in the line of her mouth. “Perhaps,” she concedes. “I see no reason, however, why a caged animal should discard its pride. All things break loose eventually.

Her leash isn't held by who he thinks it is; maybe she'd be wise to not prod the topic any longer than she has to.

Fortunately, he's quick to leap the gap between topics without much prompting. For a man quick to toss out vile stories of tearing weaker women to shreds, he seems even quicker to switch his game from intimidation to being companionable; a tap of his hand against the table he's claimed as his thrown and an offer of caramels he's “pretty sure haven't been poisoned”, and he genuinely expects her to comply. (Fortunately for him, she's a woman with nothing better to do – unfortunately, she's also a woman who likes to hear herself speak.)

A tempting offer – although, why should I take a seat when there are coupons in such desperate need of clipping? You'll have to do better than a bad of Schrodinger's poisoned caramels.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2018 1:32:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The caramel smacked in his mouth, too big a bite for him to chew much like everything else in his life. Chu-e sucked his teeth in an unappealing way as he half listened to the woman. He swallowed thickly and made a face. Maybe that was enough of that for now.

"Wild things ain't got no pride; just tame little pets that have deluded themselves into thinking they're wild do. Ain't no real danger to a beast if there ain't a chance it won't bite the hand that feeds it." He clicked his tongue. "But this is getting real philosophical-like and I don't think myself smart enough for that type of shit. I'm also getting kind of bored, so I'll speak plain now."

Straightening himself up to a less relaxed position, Chu-e tilted his head and scrutinized the woman as if he were trying to look past her skin and into her head. His body was weak but his will was iron, after all, and fear was a stupid feeling to keep. "Do you want to be here or are you just chained down? I'm taking it that those analogies you were about yourself, after all, missy. A tame little attack dog who thinks it's a wolf?" Chu-e grinned and it was dark and bitter. "I might just be a flea bitten mutt myself but I'm not the one here telling myself I'm something else."

"So do you really want to go clip coupons? I know something a lot more fun." Reaching into his pocket again, Chu-e pulled out a pokeball and expanded it.

god i'm sorry akjsgfksdj