Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@tag

words

notes
here

He remembered why he didn’t like going along this route.

The place was literally covered in a fine layer of white—which he knew wasn’t snow; but ash. It stuck to anything and everything it could reach; which included his boots and the bottom part of his dark jeans. Sighing, as he knew that the constant layer of white never ceased falling, he’d have to hurry the hell up and find what he was looking for, and get the hell out of the place as fast as he possibly could.

He didn’t know why he’d put off catching more companions until now; but it wasn’t until he’d gone to Shoal Cave some time ago did he realize that he was lacking a lot of things… a lot of things. While he did have the reliable Gabriel and Kyouya, the fact that they were both Flying, and extremely weak to Ice, spoke volumes.

But they both have Fire-type attacks… it’s not fair… he thought to himself, brow furrowed as he reached up into his pale hair to shake some fine ash out of it. Ugh, I’m going to need a long bath after I’m out of this place. The ash is getting everywhere! He continued to himself with a sigh.

Hoping that he’d be able to find what he needed, he then continued as quietly as he could through the ash-coated area.

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
cover the bases [wild, solo]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 0:13:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD RIOLU APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / steadfast[break]
force palm / counter / bullet punch / nasty plot
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
cover the bases [wild, solo]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 15:32:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@tag

words

notes
catching the Riolu :eyes:

His search, mercifully, wouldn’t end in vain. In fact it proved to be rather fruitful, as he heard the scuffling of some undergrowth nearby. Hoping that he would be rid of this place soon, he made to approach it as quietly as he could manage; but due to him stepping on a branch, the presence was alerted to his approach and looked up—his own eyebrows shot up in surprise as he recognized the little jackal Pokémon that he’d caught by surprise.

Preparing to fight, the Riolu then began swinging its fists around; to which he reacted by slowly backing away a few paces—only for him to trip over the very same branch he’d stepped on and taking an unceremonious dive into the ash-coated grass. “Oof!” he yelped as he found himself lying flat on the ash-covered grass, little puffy clouds kicked up by the sudden disturbance caused by his form making an abrupt landing on it. “Great, I’m such an idiot…” he muttered to himself, sighing before blinking and then seeing that the little jackal ‘mon had approached him and was now poking at him, wondering if he was dead.

“No, I’m not dead…” he said with a soft sigh, looking up at the Riolu before blowing some of the ash that was beginning to land on his face with a puff of air. Eventually, he pulled himself up into a sitting position, startling the little jackal ‘mon who took a few steps back. Ready to bolt, he turned to face the Fighting-type, before looking at it searchingly.

“You think I would hurt you?” he asked the other softly, shaking more ash out of his hair. “I would never do something like that. Especially, not with Gabe and Kyou… they only fight to defend me from whatever comes charging my way… I wouldn’t want to hurt you. Are you… alone?” he asked, tilting his head to one side.

While he knew that Riolu could pick up on emotion, he wasn’t aware of the aura-reading aspect of their powers yet, and watched. Waited, hoping that the young one would approach him. “I don’t mean you any harm…” he added softly, extending both his hands and turning them upward; showing that he had nothing on him. “I’m just a bumbling… well, you saw me fall. Normally I’m ever so careful, but…” he continued with another little sigh. “I’d rather you meet my companions as friends instead of out here, they’d do damage beyond what you can do… sorry if you were looking for a fight, he added with a sigh.

He then pulled himself up and was ready to walk away, before he felt something bump into his leg. Looking down, it was the Riolu, looking up at him with a curious gaze. “Hm? What is it?” he asked the young one, looking back at the Fighting-type.

After chirping a bit, the Fighting-type pointed at itself first, then at him. After repeating this gesture several more times, he blinked—what was it trying to say?

“You… you want to come with me?”

A nod.

“Are you sure?”

Another nod.

“But I’m not that much of a Trainer, I’m a—“ he continued to protest, before the Riolu bumped into his leg again, before repeating the same gestures it had done earlier.

“Are you absolutely certain?”

A firm nod in return.

“Okay…well then,” he said, rummaging around in his pocket and pulling out a blank Pokéball before tapping it on the Riolu’s outstretched paw, watching as it was absorbed in the beam of red light…

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?