POSTED ON Dec 16, 2018 23:54:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
oof, hello owo

It… hadn’t been too long since he’d gotten that email message, along with the accompanying telegram, that he’d actually been chosen to be the new leader for Fortree. It was...a lot to take in, honestly. He hadn’t told Les about it yet, but along with the sudden promotion through the ranks came a much more permanent residence…along with the closed Fortree gym.

While he hadn’t decided on what exactly his ‘thing’ with the Gym was going to be (as he was still trying to get the Sanctuary plans off the ground first) he’d gotten a message from another one of the fellow Gym Leaders, asking if they could come over for a visit.

While the idea wasn’t alien to him, there was a little bit of a snag: the fact that his right arm was still in its cast and he hadn’t started rehab with his personal physician… well…was he still a physician, or much more than that at this point?

A sudden blush rose to his cheeks and he let out an embarrassed noise at the thought. Shaking his head to bring himself back to the present, it took quite… a bit of maneuvering to prepare shit, all things considered.

The fact that he’d agreed to the meeting here in the swanky-ass, brand-new housing unit that had been granted to him; quite an upgrade from the one-room apartment he was living in prior to the ‘promotion’.

The small dining table had been set out, drinks at the ready and the smell of something baking was wafting from the nearby kitchen; plates already set down on their proper places. Now it was just a matter of time waiting for his guest to arrive…

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2018 3:18:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

francie's eyes moved over the address, the gps, then over the apartment. this was the right place... it just seemed a little strange to her, the fact that she was at an apartment to meet a gym leader. granted, it was an open change since francie had met most of the other gym leaders at their gyms so far. it was a relief to see that there were some willing to offer some friendly hospitality!

moving her pokégear into her backpack, francie took a deep breath before moving her closed fist up to the door and knocking against it gently. four times, in a beat, in a habit.

once she knocked, she lowered her hand and fixed her sweater out of habit. it hadn't be a terribly long or treterous journey, but she hadn't exactly had it easy either. she was still getting used to flying by herself on her new swellow she'd caught with .

oh, speaking of, flight hair.

francie quickly moved her hands up to her hair and started giving small squeaking noises as she fixed her hair this way and that. once she decided it was better, she let her hands fall, having successfully fixed whatever crazy hairs might've come out of place during her flight. though, it was a bit windblown...

maybe she should've worn it up.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2018 15:24:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
owo

The moment he heard the knocking, he looked up and called out, “Coming!” before checking over the arrangement on the dining table. He saw a blur of blue move toward the door; and knew that out of his current companions, Vincent and Zima were the smallest he could have running around. The Charmander he’d recently acquired, he knew that the tail was a literal fire hazard so he’d kept him in the Pokéball for now.

Of course, he didn’t know that the Fire-type he had was a female and not a male, so how was he supposed to know? Either way, he finished straightening out the dishes one last time and then grabbed the bowl full of mint chocolate chip cookies and set them down on the coffee table in the living room. The living room. Shit, he had a living room to call his own now, unlike before!

Once he’d straightened the jacket he’d thrown over his shoulder, Zima was already mewling at the door, scratching at it. “Alright, alright, calm down, I know,” he said in the Glaceon’s direction, before unlocking the deadbolt and sliding off the chain and opening the door.

“Oh, are you Miss Francie?” he began, while his Glaceon peeked out from behind his legs, letting out a purring noise at the sight of company that wasn’t the hyperactive blonde. “I hope it’s fine we’re meeting here instead of at the Gym,” he continued, opening the door wider so she could step inside.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2018 19:22:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

francie gave a smile as she heard the locks being messed with. good to know she wasn't the only one that kept her door locked throughout the day. probably mostly out of habit than paranoia, but, one never knows either.

the sight that greeted her had francie's entire face lighting up. a glacieon. oh, what a beautiful one too! she had to force her eyes away from the eeveelution and focus on the one she'd actually come to see. honestly, the flying type gym leader from fortree, she hadn't expected him to have an ice type! though she supposed it did make a lot of sense...

"that's me! francie myrtle! petalburg's gym leader, at your service." it all fumbled out of her mouth rather quickly. she moved her eyes over to the glacieon again, accidentally, before pulling them back to the fellow gym leader.

"and i don't mind the location at all. bit of a breather, honestly. i've been visiting gyms lately and that's been... um, interesting. this is a lot cozier than the gym though! you're brand new, sort of like me, right? still running renovations?"

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2018 16:31:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
was supposed to make a meme crack here but oop

“Still undecided on what I want to do with mine, honestly. I’ve been given the Gym, but informed that the previous leader hadn’t managed to get much done, so basically it’s still a blank slate at this point, he began, moving out of the way so she could come inside. The Glaceon then sniffed around Francie’s feet, before letting out a loud purring noise—what had he noticed.

“Zima, what are you on about?” he asked the Ice-type, who was following her around once he’d closed the door behind him and made to lock it. “Something up?”

Hearing the same purring noise coming from the Eeveelution, he then scratched his head before looking over at her. “Uhh, I think he can smell something like… I’m not sure if it’s family or something or whatever it is, but he’s not going to stop following you around. I think he can pick up the scent of Eevees on you,” he explained, embarrassed before giving the Glaceon another pointed stare that meant, ‘calm the hell down’ as he headed over to the sofa.

“I can’t exactly have the gym open yet, as I only have two Flying-types at present… but only because I’m also trying to get the plans for an avian sanctuary off the ground here, too. I dunno, I can’t help it. Have a place for injured or abandoned Flying-types to basically call home here,” he continued as he sat himself down on the couch before holding up the bowl of cookies in her direction with his left hand.

“Want some? I made these for him, but I figured, wouldn’t hurt to share a few with visitors,” he added, taking one of the mint chocolate chip cookies for himself and nibbling on it. Some quiet moments passed, before he turned to face her again.

“So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 16:58:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

petalburg hadn't been a blank slate, not that she could remember. but she knew that she'd built the maze herself— well alright, so her rockruffs had built it from the ground up. but still! she'd taken the not blank slate, turned it into a blank slate, and let her rockruffs roll with the idea she'd had for her gym. it was interesting to see so many struggling with what to do with their gym. maybe she'd been lucky when the idea just... came to her.

"oh, hello." she couldn't help but smile at the glacieon, what a beautiful creature she was. the mention of eevees francie laughed. "well, i've some eeveelutions now, at any rate." her smile was tender as she reached to get out her pokéball with sven. once she popped it open, her sylveon was stretching and moving his ribbons around before blinking curiously at the glacieon. he couldn't help how he gave a small coo, as if testing the waters with this glacieon to see how they acted. would they be like jack and jill? the troublemakers.

"i think that's a great idea!" francie grinned. "i mean, isn't that what gym leaders are supposed to do? put action into what they believe in? we've a power in our position and instead of abusing it, using it for the good is absolutely brilliant. i think so, anyway." a sanctuary for injured birds, what a great idea! "my gym sort of doubles as a home for rock pokémon of the area, the ones that trainers have abandoned or brought to the pokémon center as a sort of 'donation.'" was was stupid, but it happened. "they usually help me keep up the gym, keep it looking fresh and help the maze stay strong."

francie couldn't help how she quickly took a cookie that was offered. "mm, thank you, these are delicious." she mumbled before digging in fully. once she swallowed the last bite, she decided to broach his question. "um, hm. i just wanted to connect. get to know the gym leaders on a more personal base, you know? so when we can say each other's names instead of titles, you know?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 18:00:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he's soooo clueless I'msosorry

The Glaceon’s ears perked up the moment she’d spotted something similar emerge from her owner’s guest—it was similar to her, but at the same time not quite so. Purring at the ticklish sensation of the ribbon-like appendages that set out to curiously touch her, she cooed back in return, before turning around as if beckoning the Sylveon to follow her to the little corner of the place where her companion lived.

Clearly, there was a place set up for the Glaceon complete with blankets to cuddle and something that looked like a… cat tower? Or something that resembled a cat tower, only this time modified for Eeveelutions. Purring in the Sylveon’s direction, the Glaceon began to prance around a few times before hopping up to one of the higher platforms to lounge.

“You think? Hopefully I can get enough support to get it off the ground—I mean, I’ve found a vacant lot not too far from here and I already put in a request for the plot of land so I can start building it. I can’t stand seeing injured Pokémon… especially Flying-types. The two Flying-types I have with me now made me realize it… why would people abandon Pokémon when they’ve been pushed to their limit, he said with a sigh as he reached for another cookie and bit into it.

He was so going to get in trouble if he didn’t leave a few for his boyfriend to chow down on when he came by much later. Either way, he perked up at the mention of her own Gym being a similar sanctuary, only for Rock-types. “How many have you taken in so far? I’ve only put out the posters up a few days ago, so I’ve yet to hear back from the locals around here if they’ve seen Flying-types that I can take care of,” he mused.

Tilting his head, he then chuckled. “True… rather than being all disjointed and far apart… maybe I’ll take a leaf out of your book and go visit the rest… would it count if I came by your place in Petalburg sometime in the future? he added a few moments later, taking another bite of his cookie.

“Oh, my name’s Alexei, by the way,” he introduced himself after finishing the cookie he had in his hand. “Sorry if the place is a bit of a mess, I haven’t gotten my boyfriend to clean up yet…”

And it was here the Riolu approached Francie, looking up at her with curious eyes before slowly placing a paw on her knee and then looking over at his companion.

“What? Something the matter?” he asked the Fighting-type quietly, watching the other, who was now making all manner of silly faces at their guest. A contented yipping noise came from the Fighting-type a few moments later, who bowed in Francie’s direction before going off to where the Glaceon was lounging.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 18:20:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alexei was refreshingly passionate about his Flying-type Pokémon, and what a relief that was. Francie was very passionately obsessed with Rock Pokémon herself. While she was off as a trainer she always loved collecting them on her journeys, she just thought they were so cool! Onix was probably her favorite, though she'd never tell her Rockruffs that...

"Francie Myrtle."

Francie politely introduced herself, even holding out her hand for a handshake like she'd been taught. Or, she'd gone to, but then the Riolu came by and put a hand on her thigh. Stopped her from moving altogether until he deemed her willing or possibly worthy? Then he moved on. It had Francie letting out a friendly laugh.

"Trust me, it's cleaner than my house. And you live in yours more than I live in mine, probably. I'd love it if you came to visit! But definitely check in first, I've been traveling a lot recently."

Mostly due to work, but she still didn't want to send Alexei off into her house in Petalburg only to have him ... well, at her house without her. Granted, he wouldn't get in too easily, that was beside the point.

‣ SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG WOW

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 16:39:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
such a cutie! Shame Alex is hella gay kek

The Riolu looked over at them, before focusing his gaze on his companion—and yipped again.

“Sorry about that, Vince just wanted to make sure, you know how they can read auras, it’s in their nature,” he began, sheepishly scratching the back of his head before reaching for another cookie. “How many Rock-types do you have?” he asked, curious. “I’ve only got… two? At the moment. Some Flying-type gym leader I am, he added a few moments later with a chuckle.

“Where else have you been? You mentioned you’ve been traveling around lately,” he continued after finishing the cookie he’d stolen from the bowl. It was at this point the Riolu, who’d gone over to the dining table, called Alexei’s attention.

“Hm? Vince, what is—oh, I’m dumb, he said, once he saw the Fighting-type pointing at the set table. “Well, Miss Francie, would you want something heavier than cookies? I prepared some lunch. Saves us the trouble of going out to look for food,” he offered, standing up and waiting for her to follow him to the dining room.

Wait, shit, dining room, he was still in silent awe. Who knew that getting this job would actually get him a real house—well, the closest to an actual housing unit; considering space in Fortree was rather tight!

“That is, if you don’t mind having home cooked meals?” he added a few moments later.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 18:44:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I've got my three Rockruffs and a Corsola. It's really not exactly an arsenal, but, I do plan on getting myself an Onix soon. Just because I love them. They're my favorite rock type."

That was probably a typical favorite rock type - that and golem, which she also loved. The Rilolu stole her attention right along with its trainer's. Francie let her eyes settle before realizing what was being said and giving a brilliant smile. She stood, following in at a distance, before settling herself down in one of the seats with a giant grin on her face.

"Oh, trust me, I'm definitely okay with home cooked meals. I haven't had one in so very long, it'll be a relief to get some. Thanks so much, it's very thoughtful."

Looking down at the Riolu, she smiled at him and offered to give him a few pets of gratitude.

"And thank you for reminding him! You must have sensed I hadn't had breakfast yet today, you brilliant thing."

♥︎ she's hella straight with no judgment, so it's all good. at least she thinks she is. we shall see about that.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
why, hello. [francie]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2019 15:29:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
ain't the Riolu a cutie too?

“Only have a Salamence and a Braviary right now. I have a Charmander but he’s too far away from evolving anytime soon, so that’s at least… who am I kidding, I need more so I could at least informally open my Gym to challengers, he began with a chuckle, helping her get seated across the table.

Once her end of the table was occupied, he then moved into the kitchen proper to pull something out of the microwave. Balancing the covered dish with his left hand, he used the cast as another support in place of his right hand before bringing it over to the table and unveiled the dish—a simple, but effective marinated chicken cooked in a white, creamy sauce.

“I hope you don’t mind it, it was the best I could cook despite my little problem,” he apologized, wiggling the fingers from his right hand within the cast. “It was also the best thing I could prepare without getting too messy,” he added as he began doling out the servings, giving her the first share before ladling some onto his own plate. There was also a bowl of potato salad near the main dish.

“Would you want some potato salad? I had a little help with it, he conceded, looking over to where his Riolu had now climbed onto the kitchen counter and was eating out of the dish he’d filled up for the Fighting-type before settling down on the other side and getting some salad for himself.