moss deep in shoal cave (gg)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 1:17:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]
[attr="class","wiingtop"]
[attr="class","wiingtopimg"]

[attr="class","wiingtop1"]ISLA STOKER

[attr="class","wiingtop2"]MOSS DEEP IN SHOAL CAVE (GG)

[attr="class","wiingtop3"]TEAM ROCKET

[attr="class","wiingtop4"]WE APPRECIATE POWER

[attr="class","wiingpost"]

Shoal Cave. Rumour had it that there were secrets to be uncovered and hidden treasures to be found within, should they find safe passage to its innermost chambers. She'd never been inside, herself, but the locals were eager to warn her of the challenges they would face. The cave entrance itself faced the ocean and, being that the cave flooded during high tide, it was integral to their success that they enter during low tide. To Isla's relief, Dallas had been traveling alongside her since their ship docked, so she didn't have to curse him out for being late (as always) and wrecking their plans.[break][break]

"This has to be it," she shouted over her shoulder, hurriedly finding a foothold on the pebbly ledge. She faltered and then caught herself before she fell, the small smooth rocks underneath her feet rolling in such a way that she couldn't keep her balance and composure. "Shit," she muttered under her breath as she steadied herself and continued down the rocky slope until she made it to the water's edge.[break][break]

Dusting off her hands, she looked back up the mountain path to where Dallas stood, waiting. She gave the sign: a wave that said "I'm good, now get your ass down here, old man." Big talk for a girl only six years younger than him. We don't have all day, she thought. Without waiting a second longer, she gestured to the mouth of the cave and retrieved the gear she'd packed for their mission out of her backpack—rope, helmets mounted with headlamps, spare torches in case the worst comes to the worst, and caving boots because she'd lost her footing on some pebbles just a moment ago.[break][break]

"Come on, we've got to get in and out before high tide!"

[attr="class","wiingbot1"]

∞ words

[attr="class","wiingbot2"]for @mootu

[attr="class","wiingbot3"]

attempting a brumal bounty mission (gg)

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:300,400,700]

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop]background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:126px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000000, 1px 0px 0px #000000, 0px 1px 0px #000000, -1px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -1px 0px #000000, -1px 1px 0px #000000, 1px -1px 0px #000000, -1px -1px 0px #000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #60495a; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1 b]color:#60495a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#60495a;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #171717;border-right:solid 1px #171717;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:bold 11px Roboto;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#60495a;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 4:14:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

With hesitation Dallas looked down the steep rubble towards the entrance to the cove. He knew he was only midway through his life but he already felt as if his body was feeling the pains of a late adult. Sore backs and knees were a common occurrence for Dallas and he knew to take his time stepping down on this rocks. Knowing his partner was growing impatient he began to descend, kicking stones around as he tried to dig his feet into the dirt. He was two-thirds of the way down when the ground gave beneath him, accelerating his descent and causing him to fall backwards onto his pack at the bottom. The tools and materials inside digging into his back. Dallas grumbled to himself as he stood, rubbing where he had bruised himself. The thought of a vacation skimmed his thoughts as usual. Dallas looked up at the opening and turned to Isla. "Well this looks promising," He said sarcastically, still annoyed at his clumsiness,  "I wonder how far deep it goes." He reached around to his pack and placed it at his feet, as he knelt down to take out its contents.
[break]
    Pulling out his own tools, including a grapple, rope, and a tiny pick that would be used for chipping away stone, as well as a disappointingly squished sandwich he had brought for a snack. As he unwrapped the sandwich he looked up towards Isla, "You know as much as I hate work, I absolutely love spelunking," he continued while chewing, "ever since I was a kid I've always had a soft spot for caves and rocks and the like. I used to always visit the Pewter City Museums, they were full of different sorts of rocks and meteorites and were my favorite things to look at. I eventually became an avid cave explorer, making first hike through the Dark Cave when I was eighteen." He swallowed a bite. He reached out for a helmet that Isla had tossed towards him, and mounted it upon his head. "Mind you since I've started with Team Rocket I never found time to continue the hobby."
[break]
    Dallas stood up and slung his pack back over his shoulder. He looked over at Isla and saw her impatience grow on her face, so he checked to make sure his belt was equipped with his three Pokémon companions, and led the way into the cavern. Isla followed closely behind. As the two entered the cove the light from the entrance shined brightly, lighting up the first initial area. The briny air filled their nostrils and they waded through puddles as they traveled deeper into the cave.

• Dallas falls down the rocky hill
  • Unpacks items and enters the cave with Isla
  • Talks about Dallas' past

@isla
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 19:21:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]
[attr="class","wiingtop"]
[attr="class","wiingtopimg"]

[attr="class","wiingtop1"]ISLA STOKER

[attr="class","wiingtop2"]MOSS DEEP IN SHOAL CAVE (GG)

[attr="class","wiingtop3"]TEAM ROCKET

[attr="class","wiingtop4"]WE APPRECIATE POWER

[attr="class","wiingpost"]

While Dallas struggled to find his footing at the top of the limestone shelf, Isla ensured the headlamps she'd brought along for the trip to the bottom of the deep, dark cave had juiced up batteries. There was no knowing how long it would take them to reach the chamber they'd heard locals tell tale of—that is, if they even reached it at all. If—and this was a big if, as far as she was concerned—their headlamps dimmed before they got to where they're going, she had packed spares. Isla was nothing if not prepared.[break][break]

Thud![break][break]

Loosened rocks rolled down the cliff-side in Dallas' wake. Isla spun around just in time to catch him tumbling backwards gracelessly onto his backpack full of objects you definitely did not want to fall on. "Hey!" she shouted scrambling over to help him up. "You okay?" She may not show it as often as he'd like, but she cared. She really did. "Jesus, Dallas, don't you have a pick in there? You've got to be more careful. I can't have you throwing your back out before we even get inside the cave." With a sigh, Isla dusted the sand out of his hair. "Come on, let's sit down and get geared up." She shoved one of the helmets into his chest before leaving.[break][break]

She listened to him recall his youth spent cave diving and fawning over the rocks on display at the Pewter Museum of Science as she counted out some extra batteries to give to Dallas just in case shit happened inside and they got separated. She wasn't what you'd call a conversationalist. She wondered if Dallas hated her for all of the times he's had to fill the silence between them. "Bastiodon must be pretty special, then, huh?" She held out her hand and offered him the batteries. Isla owed Dallas' bastiodon her life. The resurrected fossil pokemon had stood in the line of fire for her before and she hadn't forgotten it.[break][break]

"You're the expert, how about you lead the way?" She stood aside and let her partner pass. Her and caves hadn't gotten along together in the past—the last time she went spelunking, she found herself on her belly, wedged between two rocks, having a panic attack. She hoped this mission wouldn't be another repeat of that experience.[break][break]

With that, they began their descent.

[attr="class","wiingbot1"]

∞ words

[attr="class","wiingbot2"]for @mootu

[attr="class","wiingbot3"]

tl;dr[break]
isla helps dallas up and gives him some protective gear for his noggin'[break]
she listens to his story and asks him about his bastiodon[break]
having ill feelings towards caves atm, she lets him take the lead

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:300,400,700]

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop]background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:126px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000000, 1px 0px 0px #000000, 0px 1px 0px #000000, -1px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -1px 0px #000000, -1px 1px 0px #000000, 1px -1px 0px #000000, -1px -1px 0px #000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #60495a; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1 b]color:#60495a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#60495a;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #171717;border-right:solid 1px #171717;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:bold 11px Roboto;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#60495a;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]