slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 22:23:49 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The fact she felt the need for others to do something which he personally invited her to do was not something he cared to think about too long.

He guessed it was just something people in her class did, not getting involved further than the negotiation aspect of the deal.

"It's your money Helena, do what you will with it. As long as these towns get what they deserve."

A brief pause in words left the silence to ruminate, mulling over what exactly to say before he began speaking, a sort of pained expression on his face as he did.

"I don't mean to be rude... but what do you expect to gain out of this? Is it simply to have your name out there or something more?"

@goldie2

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 22:53:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Helena readjusts herself in fluid movements, a seamless drag of fingers against cloth and her hair, pink threads through spindled fingers.

"It is my money," she agrees, perhaps just a little too sharp, "I like my eyes on it as well as a few others. My family taught me that if anything, it is good to be cautious."

She thinks about his follow up question for just a hare's breath of a moment, and it reads on her face like a book cracked open. "I have," she pauses, needing one more second than she planned, "a few reasons for this whole thing. Though, I don't find that to be bad. Imagine how dangerous life would be with one purpose propelling you forward."

Her lips press against the martini she's nursing.

"I'm ready to feel like I'm helping again. I did a lot of behind the scenes philanthropy back home, and getting involved with you and the people of Hoenn sounds like an excellent way of doing just that."

Her words are chopped, skewed, and artfully arranged, making them sound nicer than their full picture reality.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 23:14:23 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Her words, as choppy and unthought out as they were, seemed to make some form of sense. But they lacked the power to move him as they should.

Was she just trying to feel good about herself again? Was this just some way for her to get some selfsatisfaction? Whatever it was, it was beyond him to comprehend a hidden meaning, if there was one. So he'd simply take her words at face value.

"Okay."

With the one worded response, their plates would arrive, the food sat down in front of him- heavenly in its aroma- left where it was, untouched as he began speaking one more.

"So you plan to help with money as your only value to this region?"

His words had a slight bitterness to them, the once smiling features of his face turning placid, the indifferent expression remaining as he slid his food to the side.

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 23:38:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Unflinching she ignores the food and the waitress delivering them with a smile. The way he speaks now settles uncomfortably in her stomach. 

"If money was all I was willing to offer, why would I even be here? I do care for people, Mr. Cole. I just—" Something in her stutters, a brick in the wall she's built up shakes loose. Her Jigglypuff picks up on it, snuggling the whole of its body to her shin. She lets it be seen for just a moment, that vulnerability peaking through flecks of paint and stone. 

She re-centers with a deep breath. Maybe she shouldn't have had that martini. "Question motivations all you want, but that doesn't change the bottomline and what I am willing to offer you and this region. Despite whatever you are thinking about me right now." 

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 23:44:58 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
She's cracking, he can see that. But does he stop? No.

The bigger picture here is far more than money can solve, and if she can only give money as her condolences, then he was less inclined to accept it.

"Then tell me, Miss Helena, what are you offering? Because right now the only thing thing I'm seeing on the table is money, not loyalty, not trust, not care that goes into this region or its people, but money and an ego that thinks it can solve everything."

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 23:58:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her heart, her emotion is already sealed back up in cement and brick. 

"I am offering to help you navigate this whole project and bring it to its fullest potential. Not solve everything. This is what I do. This is what I have always done. This is something I know I am good at. And if there is any ego that was to impede this project that would help millions people, no matter the person behind it, before it even begins that ego is yours.

She sighs a hearty sigh.

"I didn't mean to insult you. I am here because I know in my heart's heart I can help. That was the purpose of this lunch, after all."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 0:14:20 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Its hard to insult an ego as big as Kim's, what she said didn't even leave a scratch on his armor so rightfully named pride. But she seemed to be giving answers, and that was not a bad thing.

Holding back his smile he'd continue.

"What 'ego' I may have is put aside to unimpede my thought process. Do you think I would question you the way I do because I like doing so? No, it's because I don't want some hot headed person with their daddy's fortune think they can do what they want because they donated to a just cause."

"I want to trust that you are not like that, but you're only stating that you will help without giving any sort of backing to that claim. How can I trust you?"

@goldie2