WRITE REPLY

Butterfly Anxiety [S]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 9:38:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcreditz"]
[attr="class","sidelongg"]
[attr="class","bodyboxx"]

[attr="class","border-box"]
[attr="class","image-space"]

[attr="class","text-space"]

Today was the day. She hadn't been able to really sleep the night before after her father let her know the news. Her older brother's would be coming to visit today and she'd finally be able to meet them. She already knew plenty about them since she was allowed to travel on her own. She thought this day would've taken longer to come. And she certainly didn't expect to meet them here. [break][break]

Rae had managed to see one of them by pure accident. But she couldn't bring herself to engage. She got too nervous and felt like she might throw up so she ended up running away again. Once again, she felt those familiar feelings of anxiety wash over her. Would they like her or hate her? All things considered, probably the latter. She was only their half sibling after all. [break][break]

And as far as she knew, their father was married to her brother's mother when her own mother became pregnant with her. She could remember overhearing arguments on that point alone. Not to mention the gossip from other adults she had been within earshot of. Cheating. Rae was still too young to understand the gravity of what that entails but she knew it was a point of contention for sure. [break][break]

Now she was stuck pacing the floors and fidgeting with her dress. She'd requested her father leave them prior to the meeting. She didn't want him ruining the mood any more than it might have already been. Wattson had been staring at her for a while now while she paced across her bedroom floor. She raised a shaky hand to her chest and took a few deep breaths. "I know I should be calm but...I just can't help it." she said as she finally sat next to Wattson on her bed. [break][break]

"I've been looking forward to this all my life. What if I was wrong?" she asked as she looked at him. Wattson's ears lowered as he crawled into her lap and snuggled against her to comfort her. Raelynn scooped him up in her arms and hugged him, her body still trembling. She wanted everything to go well but she knew better than to hope.

[break][break]

[break]
+ more tags: [break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: Finally got around to starting this, sorry for taking long.[break]

[attr="class","headerbox"]

rae +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongcreditz]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcreditz>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodyboxx headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(177,173,102); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(177,173,102); --accentRGB: 177,173,102; --accent: #b1ad66 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .bodyboxx] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodyboxx; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg h2, .sidelongg h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 14:12:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"can't believe dad's a fucking cheater."

they ascend the small flight of steps to the second floor which once housed their bedrooms. it still does, or at least that's what he thought until he heard the news.

"actually, what am i saying, of course i can."

cian's always had mixed feelings about his dad. he appreciates what the man has done for them to a certain extent, but there's always been a part of him that resents him for bringing them into rocket.

not that he'll ever voice his complaints, however.

so, with a sigh, he looks over at as they approach the room.

"how do you wanna do this?"
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
leave the money on the table.
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 21:11:13 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caden"] the whole time over, caden is silent. he's still reeling from the news that they had gotten from their father in a group text — his father hadn't even been able to say it to their fucking faces.

[break][break] between the two of them, it's a known fact that caden has always sided with their father. it was a point of contention between the twins on more than one occasion.

[break][break] but this time, cian agrees with him.

[break][break] fuck their father.

[break][break] when his twin pauses in front of the door, caden is forced to speak. there is something akin to gratefulness that reflects in his eyes, but it's mangled by the stormy twist of betrayal and disbelief that he still feels from getting the news thrust upon them.

[break][break] not only had their father cheated, but he'd also kept the information from them for over a decade. from him.

[break][break] "guess we don't have a choice," he says. "let's just go in."

[break][break] for the first time in a while, caden isn't smiling.

[break][break] he pushes the door open, revealing the small form of .

[break][break] "so, it's you, huh?" he folds his arms.

[attr="class","noodles"] ,

[attr="class","rules"]+ idle chitchatter

[attr="class","pkmns"]

[newclass=.caden] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; } .caden { --accent:#eee; } .caden b { color: var(--accent)!important; font-size: 13px; } .caden i {color:var(--accent);} .caden a { font-family: inherit; font:11px 'Roboto Mono'; text-transform: uppercase; color:var(--accent)!important;} .caden u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; color: #bfbfbf; letter-spacing: 1px; }.caden .noodles { margin:20px 15px 0px; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; } .caden .noodles a { font:bold 13px poppins; } .caden .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .caden .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .caden .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); } .caden .rules { font:9px/10px 'Roboto Mono'; width:300px; margin:0px auto; padding-top:10px; } .caden .rules b { color:var(--accent); font:bold 11px 'Roboto Mono'; text-transform:uppercase; } .pkmns { margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .caden img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .caden:hover img { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 20:35:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

While holding onto Wattson, Raelynn had been wishfully looking out her window. Maybe if she was quick enough she could escape out there. But it was a long drop to the ground. Still, she figured she'd risk it than having to deal with all of this mess. Why now? She hadn't really considered that before. Her father had protected her and kept her hidden for so long, so why would he now choose to let them know? [break][break]

Not to mention, for them to know before they even met her. Wasn't that worse. She squeezed Wattson tighter who squeaked and squirmed underneath her hold. "O-oh. Sorry." she said as she loosened her grip. Before she had time to prepare herself the door opened as she stared back at two familiar figures. [break][break]

Leaping to her feet she stared back at them, clear fear in her honey colored eyes. "so, it's you, huh?" the one she recognized as Caden said as he folded his arms across his chest. She gulped as she took a step back. Her gaze snapped between the two of them before faltering. They didn't look happy or welcoming. [break][break]

Wattson leapt from her arms to stand in front of her defensively. He wasn't afraid to shock the hell out of them should they make a wrong step towards Rae or hurt her in anyway. "It's okay..." she whispered to him softly but he didn't budge, still very much on guard. Holding onto her arm she turned her gaze back towards the twins and nodded solemnly. [break][break]

"I...I'd say nice to meet you but...I guess that's not the case." she said softly. She knew it. All this time she spent yearning to meet up with her siblings. For them to all get along. Only for it to turn out to be just a figment of her imagination. She hated this already and it had only just begun.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: [break]

rae +

made by gimmick

[newclass=.sidelongcreditz>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodyboxx headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(177,173,102); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(177,173,102); --accentRGB: 177,173,102; --accent: #b1ad66 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .bodyboxx] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodyboxx; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongg ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 10:44:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
whatever ill feelings cian harbors is only toward his father, so it would be unfair to treat raelynn the same. she's not guilty of any of this, after all, as she's just a kid.

a kid who wants to reconnect with her family.

and so, where caden dons an unfamiliar look, cians slips into a more familiar one, smiling with ease as he steps into the room.

"ease up there, bro."

talk about good cop, bad cop.

"don't be silly. it's nice to meet you, rae. i'm cian."

he's the first to take a step forward, stopping just short of the pikachu.

"wanna hug it out?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 16:32:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Raelynn's grip on her arm became tighter the longer the silence went on. It felt like it lasted for years and it only made her feel more and more awkward as time ticked forward. "ease up there, bro." she heard the other twin speak. Glancing back up once more she stared up at Cian. She hadn't met him before but she'd seen tons of pictures and videos about him. [break][break]

Their father would also tell her stories about them which is part of the reason she had this whole fantasy of being a family with her older siblings. "don't be silly. it's nice to meet you, rae. i'm cian." Cian's facial expression wasn't harsh. Not like Caden's, his was welcoming and it was strange. One hated her while the other didn't? She wasn't quite sure how to feel or what to do about that. [break][break]

"wanna hug it out?" Cian asks as he takes a step towards her. Electricity begins to pop off Wattson which makes Rae stomp her foot. "I said cut it out." she hissed at him and he reluctantly obeyed, stepping aside to make room for Cian. "I...uhh..a hug?" she said as she looked between the two of them still clearly terrified. "I-I don't understand." [break][break]

She dropped her head low and fell silent for a moment as she began to think. The longer this interaction went on the further her dream of a big happy family drifted further and further from reality. "Listen...I know this is...awkward. I can tell Papa you guys stopped by and we talked. You don't have to force yourselves to be here."

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: [break]

rae +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Butterfly Anxiety [S]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 8:51:34 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
they are anything but a big happy family. it's just a shame she has to find out the hard way.

"it's not that awkward for me, and i'm not forcing myself to be here."

it's only awkward because their dad didn't tell them about her existence. even more awkward that she's technically only their half-sister. but he does his best to ignore those facts.

"i just want you to be a part of the family, you know? to feel welcome, and all that."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights