twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 1:49:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
from his extended hand comes a touch; he feels the smoothness of the sky-blue scales that pass under his touch, feels the nuzzle against his palm that garners a reaction from him. he smiles, appreciating the creature before him. for the trainer he is he has yet to tame the dragons. flygon doesn't count.

freya leads him to an unfamiliar building yet he feels no form of discomfort, perhaps out of trust, or at least an inkling of it. he watches her fish out a card and listens to her words with intrigue and curiosity, nodding at every interval.

"you offered a hand to me and to my city, the least i can do is return the same. i might be able to give you what you want." 

no concrete assurance comes from him yet, not until he understands what exactly she wants. the elevator travels up and finally comes to a stop, doors sliding open.

alexander gestures. "after you."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 2:08:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i hope you might. i'm a bit hesitant to give my business to outside sources," she says, referencing the benoit man. while she's sure that the so-called arms dealer will be able to get her what she wishes, she's not sure how much she trusts the man. and she'd rather fund a local company that supports the region. 

she turns immediately upon exiting the elevator and slides her room key card into place. the door opens and she proceeds; the room itself doesn't seem to have been used. she has no interest in staying the night, but she did want a safe place to store her belongings while she was meeting with the two men. 

and she hadn't wanted to show up to her meeting with alexander with a weapon slung across her back. 

she approaches the room desk, where a sleek metal case rests atop. fingertips fly over the lock screen at its side and when its light turns green, she flips open the case. she withdraws the weapon from the case and it snaps into place as it unfolds. 

"i'm happy with the bow itself; i have a few different types of models, but what i'm interested in are the arrows."

she withdraws the quiver, a peculiar rounded box with more buttons at its side. she turns it, presses a few, and four arrows slide into her palm, elongating as she draws them. 

each of them are tipped with a different color. "i didn't activate these, so don't worry, but this one is a flash arrow," she says, pointing to the white-tipped one, "the blinking red is a self-destruct, and the silver is for foresight--hitting ghost pokemon." 

she cocks her head. "i've had my peers tell me these measures are...strange--why attempt to copy pokemon moves when i could train the pokemon myself?" she leaves the question in the air, doesn't bother to answer it. 

"these are the products, and the extent, of what my father's research has given me. i can't take up more of his time with rocket bearing down as is, so i turn to you." she offers him the box, along with a stack of papers. "these are some rough designs for thunder wave and toxic arrows.

"do you think you can help me?"

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 2:30:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
she leads him into the plain room that looks unused. he surmises that she's only recently arrived in rustboro though is unsure if she'll even spend the night. no reason to once she gets what she wants. he wouldn't either, if their roles were reversed.

alexander steps over to the curtains and draws them so slightly, letting sunlight peak in along with a modest view of the city. as littered as the skyline is with high-rises, the beige of the sand and the blue of the ocean still remains prominent.

he watches her carefully as she pulls out a bow and then its arrows; four with each tip a different color. he doesn't have to wait for her explanation to understand what the differences are, but he nods anyways.

she leaves a question in the air. "they think it strange because they do not understand. they rely on their pokemon, put all their trust in them, which is a logical thing to do. but times are changing." 

he reaches for the papers and flips through them, eyes scanning with relative ease. he speaks while reading.

"these are impressive designs. innovative." the designs are for thunder wave arrows and toxic arrows; rough, but still applicable. "there is certainly room for improvement, but these will do." 

a minute passes and eventually he lowers the papers, sets them back down on the box before looking at her. he nods.

"i can. give me a week and i can have the first batch ready for you to test." a week is a tight deadline but he can manage it. the designs are there, all that needs to be done is a bit of fine-tuning.

"i assume you won't be staying the night? you should reconsider. rustboro has a lot to offer."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2019 21:28:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]was that an invitation? regardless, freya shakes her head. "i have a few meetings in a couple other cities. you'll find these days i don't stay in one place very long." how her bones ached to rest in a nice bed. she's gotten accustomed to sleeping on dragonback, though she never could have imagined she'd be doing that more often now than when she'd been in the field. 

she could stop this--all these meetings, this business of wearing herself thin, but when she's alone in a hotel room, or at home demanding citizens come to her, she doesn't feel right

and besides, she'll be back in sootopolis in just a few days, taking a well-deserved break. not that anyone's privy to that information, or just who she's taking a break with

"a week's time, then. i'll send you a correspondence when i leave for rustboro again." she packs up her things and offers a hand to alexander. "you'll get your extra security before we see each other again." 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]