part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 23:35:09 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

five more minutes.[break][break]

great, just what she said five minutes ago. and the minutes before that. and the minutes before that. she swears that she just needs maybe another five minutes, ten, or fifteen more. it's just that she's been so indulged in her work recently that she can't seem to stop. [break][break]

she doesn't notice how late it's gotten, and how the sun has started to set. it's probably still quite early, anyways. the sun tends to go down earlier in the winter.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 4:20:48 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Now, there were a matter of things that he considered himself good at. Talking to people? Check. Dealing with temper tantrums? Also check. Communicating orders, letting others feel welcome, and anything and everything in between? All of those all, also, had a biggest of checks next to them- or at least, they would’ve if they were actually put into a proper list.[break][break]

Giving others a chance was also on those list.[break]
Same went for absolutely nagging someone if he had to.[break][break]

If anything, those two had twice the checkmarks next to them, and while he had always been one for waiting and watching, ther had always been a certain point in which he, quite simply, couldn’t wait any longer- especially after being told the same thing, over and over, with no obvious means of change. So, there he was. Walking down the hallway. Plates and the like in hand, fresh off the stove (all as he seemed to have the smallest of cheek pouches as he chewed something, seemingly from plucking a small snack before walking over).[break][break]

Without much of a warning, he leaned down just enough to nudge the door open a little bit more before making his way in. ”Aaaalrighty, come on~.” His gaze shifted towards the desk further towards the back of his room, and after taking just a moment glance down as he sat himself down on the floor, he patted the spot next to him while peering over for a second time. ”I’ve been waiting long enough. Cooooome on~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 19:58:52 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"five more minutes"[break][break]

her eyes are on the paper as she's sketching, lines overlapping one another in an attempt to capture her artistic vision. though she wasn't someone who enjoyed the business aspect of work, she's always found time in her day to sit down and hole herself in her room, especially when some kind of inspiration hit her. this time, it was from the unfezant she saw, idling down in the parking lot that other day. she smiles, slightly, as she lands the next few touches with a bright red, coloured pencil. but something was missing from the drawing. something missing. something was always missing. [break][break]

she intends to dismiss the man at the door, and she hopes he knows that it's not for personal reasons (though he'd sooner know that it's because she's invested and focused, though at the detriment at her health). her eyes don't leave the table, however, even when he's set himself down. [break][break]

"it'll only be a few more minutes.."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 5:46:50 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh, no.[break]
No, no, no. That’s not how this worked.[break][break]

He’d only sat upon the ground for a small while following those words before breathing a sigh, rocking back as a means to build momentum before rolling himself forward and onto his feet. Within a brisk, quick footed manner, he hummed while making his way over, staring at her once he’d stopped in front of her. ”Ohhh no. That’s, like, the sixth time you’ve said that,” he grumbled, narrowing his eyes while reaching over to gently tug at her. ”Come oooon…! It’s been the entire day. You gotta at least eat, Daph…”[break][break]

He poked at her more. Quicker. Annoyingly.[break][break]

”Come oooon... I already brought everything over. It's gonna get cooooold...”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 21:54:52 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

if she could whine more. [break][break]

she only doesn't because she doesn't want to worry him more, especially since it.. has been quite a bit since she's last eaten. he's doubtlessly worried about her being so engrossed in her work, and she glances down at the pages of the recent design for a while longer as her arm is tugged for the third time. with a soft clank, she rests the pencil against the desk. [break][break]

"alright, alright.. i suppose i can take a short break." a small smile comes to her lips as slowly pulls herself from her chair, and the first thing she does is stretch her arms above her head, and twists her waist to hear a satisfying crack. ".. what did you make for dinner?~"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 3:20:00 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Needless to say, he was at least somewhat appeased when she finally decided to get up. Even when he’d seen the pencil be set down, he’d subtly perked up, and as if he were an easily amused and satisfied little pup, a soft spark ignited within those navy hues of his as he broadened his smile, tugging her up a little bit more as if encouraging her to come along quicker. ”Theeeere’s the magic words~,” the man chimed with a rather energetic and happy tone, watching as she stretched and the like. After a small while, however, he started back towards the platters, and after gently maneuvering around them, lowered himself to sit down upon the floor for a second time. ”Careful, though. Arthritis~.[break][break]

A joke, really. Somewhat.[break][break]

Nevertheless, he crossed his legs while looking her way, listening to the crackle of the fire before them before shrugging. ”Nothing too fancy, honestly. Fish, fries, some pilaf rice- oh, and a little bit of pita bread.” He turned his attention towards the platter once more, humming. ”There’s some garlic butter to go along with the fish, and a little side salad to cleanse the palette~.”[break][break]

Not fancy at all.[break]
...Just very well balanced.

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 4:51:37 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

.. ah, that's right. [break][break]

he could be a chef if he so wished for it. gone were the days where she lost track of time, and left herself to order takeout and opt to work out for a good chunk of time to stave off extra calories. with an emerald glance to the platter, she hums at his description. "nothing too fancy, mmn..?" the disbelief leaves her, but she moves from the chair to carefully sit herself down on the floor, not too far away from the burly man. [break][break]

"you could have dragged me over to the table.." she leans onto her hands in front of her, with the intention to gently flick a man's shoulder with the tiniest hint of playful coyness in both her tone and slight smile "your cooking is tempting enough. you don't need its presence to convince me~."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 7:21:09 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

A jokingly nervous and amused laugh escaped his lips as he watched her in stride. ”It’s just well balance, alright?” he shot back, pursing his lips with a lingering smile of mock defiance. ”People give me that same exact look when I give them a dish breakdown, but everything here?” He tapped one of the plates a couple of times within a gentle, yet rapid manner with a fork. ”Absolutely easy to make. One hundred percent. All you guys just overreact~.”[break][break]

Following those words, he merely gave a somewhat dramatic grunt of mock disdain in light of the flick, clicking his tongue in joking disapproval as he reached his arm out to begin gathering a bite onto the utensil he held. ”Also, for the record, I don’t believe you,” he remarked with a rather doubtful tone, shaking his head before holding the fork’s worth of food out to her carefully. ”If you really want me to believe that, you’re gonna have to stop telling me to wait ‘five minutes’ over and over again. Like, c’mon~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 8:10:44 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"mhm.." [break][break]

obviously, sh doesn't believe him. after all, she's someone who does often eat luxurious, whether she likes it or not. having home cooked meals is rarer than going out to a high quality restaurant, though that's only because she's mediocre at best. even then, she would sometimes find herself being picky, and guilt would wash over her when that was the case (it made her feel ungrateful, selfish). what a relief that she thoroughly enjoys calix's food. [break][break]

"perhaps i'm biased." she smiles as she leans over, taking a bite of some of the food from the fork that calix held up. it's only after she takes the bite however, that she leans back, and a reddish hue surfaces to her lips. she chews, then raises a hand over her lips to speak "... oh, i should have taken the fork, i apologize."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 8:29:15 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Biased towards what? My cooking, or your work?” he laughed, furrowing his brows within mock pensiveness all the while. He waited throughout her responses following that, seemingly smiling more in response to the bite being taken before lowering the utensil in order to gather another share of food upon it. ”And don’t worry about it, either, by the way~. The food, I mean.”[break][break]

Just like before, he lifted the fork up and towards her once it was readied, nodding towards it.[break][break]

”It’s what I intended, anyways~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 22:09:51 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"both." [break][break]

she hums, taking a gander at the food he presents in front of her again. a tinge of pink reaches her ears and cheeks as she eyes the food, though she still leans in to a take a bite; this time brushing some of her golden locks behind her ear, just as a precaution. when she finishes the bite, she glances up to him. [break][break]

"you should eat as well." she says, reaching to another fork and grabbing a forkful of food to hold up to him, as well. it's only natural to return the favour.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 8:17:21 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

As momentary as it was, the admiration within his eyes as he glanced between the food offered to him, as well as the woman that offered it, had been as clear as day and the stars within the night sky.[break][break]

Though there had been a pause for thought, he merely gave a soft smile before leaning forward in acceptance of the share she’d extended towards him; carefully polishing the food she’d gathered for him off before leaning back. He hummed softly as he chewed, eventually relaxing as he folded his hands within his lap. ”I will if you spoil me like that…” he chuckled, glancing towards her from the corner of his eye. ”Mmn…that aside, though, what’s got you somehow busier than usual? Feels like you’ve been more swamped than usual. Honestly can’t tell if it’s the workload, or if it’s you getting too lost in it…”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 22:19:47 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she grabs another piece of food, holding it with the fork impaled right through. [break][break]

though she catches the gaze h gives her, and it makes her feel warm inside (there's something about him that's always been so warm, capable of melting the usual, externally cold heart) enough to smile in response. he's a burly man, but.. really, he reminds hr more of a teddirusa more than an ursaring. a big, cuddly man, if she had to describe him with two words. you can't tell her not to spoil him when he's being so endearing - especially when he's being so affectionate - and was so concerned about her well being just a few moments earlier. [break][break]

at his question, she hums slightly. "a bit of column a, and a bit of b" but it was good work, and she honestly found it fun work (more fun than what she had to deal with whilst in devon, and though she knows she is a disappointment, her family has told her many times that she isn't to blame, and that she's free to do as she pleased. all of her siblings did that exact thing, after all). "i've been working on a new line for the season~" she chimes before taking a bit to chew and swallow. a hum comes from her lips; his food always tasted better than anything she's eaten. [break][break]

"something for the autumn.. i was thinking of the colours of unfezant, although i'm a little stumped past that.." it wasn't easy when you suffered from artist's block "do you have any suggestions?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
five more minutes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 3:27:28 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

“Column A and Column B, huh…?” he mused at first, his lips pursing with traces of a faint smile and a vague hum resonated from within. Azure hues drifted back towards the plates he’d prepared for them, and after pushing a small portion of each of the things he’d made onto one of the pieces of pita, he lifted it up to take another bite before beginning to gather similar portions on her plate. ”Sounds like a tall order, but ya some to be having a fun time with it. I’m glad~.”[break][break]

He carefully folded the bits of food between the slice of pita and held it up to her with a smile, gently tapping her chin with his free hand to garner more attention, all the while.[break][break]

But,” he started off with a laugh, ”if you really want my honest opinion? I’d say you’d need to get feedback from anyone but me~.” Though pressed thinly for a moment after, the smile he wore remained continuous as he eyed her. ”Aesthetic’s never been my strong suit. I’d sooner burn your brand to the ground if I gave you my opinions~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
five more minutes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 5:19:27 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she snickers, slightly. it's faint and it's rare, but it's there and it exists. [break][break]

he was always a riot to be around, even when it was just the slight and subtle humour he gave. he's only a bit worried, based on his tone earlier (she's grateful, really. never having someone care for or about her like this was something that she was going to get used to. having someone fret a bit is nice, even though she insists that he doesn't need to). [break][break]

"i am~" she hums, eyeing the piece of food between the pita that he holds up to her lips. raising a hand, she tucks a lock of golden hair behind her ear to take a bite of the food he holds out to her. then she hums in delight. again, his food was always very good. it's perfect for her, actually - as someone who only scarcely cooks for herself. it's healthier, too (it means she doesn't have to suffer in buying take out and feeling gross after an hour). [break][break]

swallowing the bite, she smiles a bit more brightly. "i am sure your opinion and tastes will mesh well~" a confident chime is said, her fingers tented after setting the fork down. "in the worst case scenario, you have me to translate it into a design, no?"