DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 20:35:54 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he moves from the steak to her, and she has to take a moment to process it as a large hand takes her fingertips in his, and viridian eyes turn up to gaze into the deeper hue of sapphire. she tries to wear a small smile, hoping that she can dissipate the concern that surfaces in his tone, and on his face. it probably doesn't work. [break][break]

"no, no.. that isn't it" she repeats herself, a little verbal tick of hers "it's just that.." her lips press and form a thin line as she's pensive with her words, and she curls the tips of her finger around his "i am.. just worrying too much, don't think too much on it~" she tries to chime, pressing against his hand in an attempt to lower it. [break][break]

"... i just want you to stay safe."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 22:08:28 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He hadn’t quite believed a word she said until the last statement.[break][break]

It was something that caused another bout of silence to befall him— and with it, the proper faltering of the brighter expression that he’d worn thus far. While not crestfallen or anything of the sort in the slightest, a sense of seriousness overcame his otherwise bright demeanor, and he eyed her with a touch of thoughtfulness for several moments.[break][break]

And then a few moments later, just as it always seemed to do, a shadow of the former smile he so commonly donned tugged upon his lips.[break][break]

”...That’s what you’re worried about, huh?” he hummed softly, raising his brows in idle curiosity. Though she pushed against his hand, he merely moved his other one closer, cupping hers between both of his within a gingerly manner. ”You’re just…worried about me getting hurt on the job?”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 20:11:42 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

maybe she's just too sensitive. [break][break]

just her luck to get close to someone who, she imagines, would be close to war and battle whenever something happens. just her luck when her trauma lies in it. just her luck. yet he's still so tender, and so soft to her, even though she knows he knows his fair share of violence and bloodshed. [break][break]

her hand is gingerly and tenderly held, and her fingers instinctively curl around in response, with her gaze lowered as she sheepishly nods her head. ".. yes." she says, and it isn't hard, even if she finds that the word burrows its claws into her throat. "am i worrying too much?"[break][break]

she has a habit of doing that, now.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 23:19:27 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

With a softened gaze and a defeated smile, he furrowed his brows and shook his head.[break][break]

”...Never is, no,” he hummed within a gentler, quieter tone, shrugging all the while. Within an instinctive manner, his eyes narrowed as the smile upon his lips ever so slightly further up to meet them, and though he sought to part one of his hands away, the remaining simply held on a tad tighter as the departed pressed its palm against her cheek.[break][break]

He eyed her in equal parts admiration and thought within the brief silence that followed.[break][break]

”...Honestly? So long as you stick around, I don’t really have any intention of leaving for whatever reason,” he spoke softly soon after, running a thumb along her cheek within a gingerly manner. ”Too much on the line to lose, after all~. Always been careful before, and I’ll keep being careful for you guys, too.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 4:00:27 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he so tender, even when raising his hand to rest and gently cup her cheek. she'll find herself gently nuzzling, nestling against his touch, as though she's meant to ret there, and have her anxiety and her fear melt away. it's warm; she's always found it odd and endearing, the way he could so easily melt the heart she's tried desperately to encase in ice and frost (after her brother's death, after the fall of devon under her care). [break][break]

ah, she doesn't even need age to start giving her white hairs. she's thankful that the gene skipped her. [break][break]

"mhm.." his thumb rubs against her cheek, and she wordlessly tilts her head against him more, trying to catch the warming trail that's left upon porcelain skin. at some point in her silence, she raises her hand to gently press against the other side of his, hoping to nestle further against the skin of his palm. "i've already lost alex.." this time she's muffled, and her heart starts to sink. [break][break]

"i couldn't bear to lose you, too.."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 4:19:17 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

…It was always surprising to see her the way she was within those moments.[break][break]

Surprising. Relieving. In that specific case, heartbreaking. Far be it for him to be repulsed by the display, but there had been something in the way she’d leaned so eagerly and with a seeming neediness that resonated within him. The only, reasonable response that sparked within his mind had simply been to soothe her upon seeing her gestures, and upon hearing the words she spoke so softly and weakly.[break][break]

So, as he eyed her with a touch of concern, that had been what he’d sought to do.[break][break]

”...I promise you won’t lose me~...” he murmured softly, the smile upon his lips only lingering for several moments more prior to fully disappearing as he pulled her closer. While simply allowing her hand to remain upon his as it pressed so tenderly against her face, the remaining reached over to press against her shoulder towards him, and then against the back of her head as if encouraging her to rest against him.[break][break]

Though unseen, a touch of solemnity veiled upon a gaze otherwise driven with such brightness, all while those same azure hues narrowed idly towards the wall opposing him.[break][break]

”...I mean it, Daph,” he murmured softly—barely audibly— as he rested the bottom half of his face against her hair. ”You won’t lose me. …I promise~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 4:43:50 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

vulnerability is.. difficult. [break][break]

for a year, in her brother's absence, she was forced into a position that she never wanted, put in a place where she never hoped she'd be. but she never complained, because it was for her brother, and it was so that her siblings could go on, and enjoy herself; it's only right for her, as an older sister, to pick up the reigns when something goes amiss. she used to pride herself for being able to pic up the slack, prided herself in being capable with business. she was. just not with the family business. [break][break]

so her heart sinks, it stings, as does the guilt tie her stomach into knots making it a little dizzying and nauseating to breathe. then she'll swallow it down and tell herself to keep going, to press on, because she volunteered to put the weight of the world on her shoulders; it just so happened that gravity suddenly decided to strengthen and pull it down further. [break][break]

she's gone so long without comfort that she's forgotten how it feels, lost a few years of her life to a distortion that's adjusted her age to be older, but maybe that wasn't a bad thing if it gave her a proper chance to be able to meet and speak to someone who was around hr age (now, that is). though it's the time skip that's made her feel more vulnerable, and all the more confused, and it gets tiresome at some point. [break][break]

and he let her rest. [break][break]

before she knows it, the dizziness swells up again, and the tears start to slowly form in the corner of her eyes. she's supposed to just be here for dinner, yet here she is, crying over her brother, and in fear of separation. of course the guilt will gnaw at her gut (the survivor's and over the dinner) but at the moment, she just couldn't stop as she instinctively raises her arms to gently hug a man in return, pressing her eyes against his shirt.[break][break]

it takes a little moment through the tears and soft hiccups, and the unsightly sobbing for her to chirp up to say "i know, i know" i know.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 5:15:53 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He knew full well what would likely happen.[break]
It hadn’t stopped him from fully burying his face against her hair when it did.[break][break]

In spite of the fact that it diminished mere moments beforehand, however, the smile crept upon his lips yet again within an absentminded, soothing manner; a gesture equal parts for the both of them, regardless of whether or not the other half would’ve been able to see as such. As hues of azure lingered upon the wall beforehand, he’d simply allowed himself the degree of calmness to know her; to see her; to feel her.[break][break]

…To feel her in all the vulnerability he’d been so lucky to experience every single time.[break][break]

The newfound warmth upon his chest hadn’t been minded in the slightest as it bled through the cloth of his shirt; rather, in response to it, the man merely shifted his hand further along her head to softly comb its fingers through her hair. They rubbed her scalp with the same tenderness that had always been intuitive, and had always been instinctive, all while he lifted his own head just enough to plant a gentle kiss atop hers with a hum.[break][break]

”I know you know~...” he murmured lowly, moving the remaining hand from her face as both of her own shifted to return the embrace. It hooked behind her neck to rest upon the opposing shoulder, going on to ever so gently and carefully massage it in a further attempt to comfort.[break][break]

”...I know you know…”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 7:07:16 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

it's a long time coming when someone trie to internalize it for so long, but never lets themselves express it or let it out. she's still yet to explain the details of everything that's happened in these past few years, so much that's weighed on her and - though she knows, and she's told to do otherwise by siblings - she still insists to sit as the burden and weight piles, and piles, and piles, until it crushes her. [break][break]

it's why having him to support and comfort her will mean so much - more than she'll ever admit, or say. her lips curl into a small smile through the tears as she cries, and clings, slightly, to the fabric of his shirt on his back. his hold is strong, and tender, and warm, and comforting; it's hard for her to fully realize or understand how she could yearn for someone's touch, and how she could so easily bury herself against it when she's usually so reserved. [break][break]

he acts to comfort her, not knowing that his presence alone lifts the burden off her mind. [break][break]

an icy exterior will always melt in front of him, and her stone heart will always crumble, and she'll realize that she's really the more sensitive of her siblings - save for perhaps emma, who does as she pleases in the spotlight. she knows her siblings will do what they can to help her recovery, but there's just always so much she can say without wanting to worry them. it's already difficult enough to crumble, and crack, in front of calix.[break][break]

after a minute more, she slowly turns her head to rest the side of her face against his chest. she's tired, slightly limp and fatigued from the tears as she only has the energy to nuzzle against him. "i.. apologize for suddenly crying." she can finally say "especially.. when we were going to have dinner together.."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 18:58:28 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

As if embracing a statue of utmost fragility, he held and beheld the glass dove of a woman within his arms for a while longer.[break][break]

”It’s not like this can stop us from still doing that…” he chuckled with a touch of amused softness amidst the rare fronts of concern and seriousness donned upon his guise, shaking his head within such a careful, slight manner that only served to further promote a sense of delicacy. ”Not like I mind it, either~...”[break][break]

A gaze of sapphire drifted down to dwell upon the locks of gold that resided atop her head for several moments before he leaned away, broadening the smile upon his lips the faintest bit as he cupped her chin betwixt thumb and and finger, offering her a lightened shrug as his eyes met hers.[break][break]

”...How about you wait to the living room actually?” he suggested with a quiet thoughtfulness, moving his thumb up to rub against her cheek within a gingerly manner. ”Dinner’s pretty much done. I’ll just plate it up, bring it over…”[break][break]

He paused in a brief bout of thought.[break][break]

”...Maybe we can talk about it more, too, over dinner and a show?” he questioned on. ”You don’t have to if it’s still tough, but I wouldn’t mind listening a bit more…”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 22:28:03 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

when did it start? [break][break]

the soft touches, the tender hugs? when had she started craving for his hold and his reassurance? when had she started maintaining eye contact, but not for the sake of politeness, and so she could get lost in the deep sapphire hues? it used to be a foreign feeling. it's still odd. it's beautiful. [break][break]

a hand moves from his side and back, and brushes against the outside of his hand against her cheek. they're big, and rough, and sturdy. it's a far cry from her porcelain skin and skinny fingers, delicate, overshadows by his grip. the tears are gone by the time he raises her gaze; she's used to crying for short times. meetings and business never waited for grief. [break][break]

the words she'll want to say are caught in her throat, and only a soft hiccup as residue pipes up. the woman catches herself, and she gives a quiet nod in understanding. he won't take too long, she reminds herself. she can go a little while without his touch. was she starting to become too clingy? [break][break]

"mhm.." reluctantly, she releases his hand and her hold around him to step away, just to give him the space again. "i'll be waiting, then." it'll give her time to collect her thoughts, gather her bearings. [break][break]

she gives him another glance, and walks to the entrance's frame, leading to the dining room. it's quaint, and comfortable. so she sits herself down in a seat, eyes on the table as she begins to breathe in, and out. [break][break]

in, then out.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 0:33:47 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He gave her a look and smile of reassurance as she walked off.[break][break]

His gaze trailed after her for a while longer as she did so, though before long could pass, he turned heel and towards the unmade platters he’d allowed to wait and rest throughout the conversation. After a moment’s worth of time, however, he lifted his eyes and glanced around, giving a soft whistle to garner the attention of the very same beast that greeted their guest.[break][break]

He nodded down the hallway, gesturing to the closet residing at the end before beginning to walk out with the prepared plates.[break][break]

With the slabs of food and ceramic rested carefully along his hands and arms, he began to set them atop the coffee table stationed between the television and couches as the dark hued feline strode along as per his directions. His trainer sat down all the while, giving a soft sigh on impact against the cushions while shifting the various dishes around.[break][break]

He paused in thought after looking at her again.[break][break]

”...Still need a bit?”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 6:24:41 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she did. [break][break]

maybe a little, but he's being so patient and so gentle with her. she follows to the couch after getting up from the dining room, since.. maybe it was better to have this conversation in a more comfortable room. he did suggest it, after all. maybe she was just too emotionally drained for it to fully process. her and her forgetfulness. so she seats herself on the cushion next to him, bright green eyes fixated on the food that's so carefully laid out in front of her. [break][break]

it's silent as hesitation hangs in the air around her; she wonders if she should say anything, then wonders if she should have started with anything to begin with. and, given a few moments, she opts to sheepishly lean her body against his, nestling the side of her face to the pit of his arm and his chest. he always did make a good pillow. [break][break]

".. no." she so softly sighs, beginning tot tent her fingers in her lap. "no, i should be alright.." she'll repeat, for herself that time. it's affirmation. where does she start?[break][break]

".. during the ultra beast war," yes, there, that's where everything started going down hill "... i saw it when alex died, and i was one of the people who found him when he--... he washed up ashore." there's a hitch in her voice when she speaks, a small bump in her words. her body didn't want her to say it, or recall it, either, when it trembles.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 15:52:52 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

She’d been so quick to nestle herself in, but far be it for him to be appalled and repelled by it; rather, he simply allowed it to happen as she did so, leaning back and allowing her more leeway to lean in. Though he’d placed the food atop the table before them, he hummed as she began molding to his form, allowing himself to lean comfortably against the rear cushions of the couch behind them all the while.[break][break]

His gaze drifted back towards the hallway as the familiar form of his feline companion reappeared with a couple of blankets he’d requested, though upon noting the words that had left the blonde’s lips, they both paused for a moment as hues of azure met those of a beastly viridian in processing.[break][break]

The man’s gaze drifted down towards the woman by him once more, and after sparing the Incineroar just a quick enough glance to gesture him over (he took the blankets from him and made quick work of hooking them around the person by him) before a deeper hum escaped him pensively.[break][break]

”...So that’s what happened, then…” he murmured, rubbing her shoulder softly upon noting her tremble against him. His eyes narrowed idly towards the ground beneath them before he breathed a sigh, lightly resting his cheek against the top of her head. ”...You were there, altogether. Firsthand.”[break][break]

He furrowed his brows softly, allowing her words to settle in further.[break][break]

”...You were there to see everything as it happened.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 5:42:48 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

it's comforting being able to talk to him. [break][break]

even if she was being reserved, and though she was reserved for a good amount of time. his hold is still firm, and still somehow gentle around her figure as she feels herself curling up a little more. though now she's aged, physically, she still doesn't feel the same mentally. she thought that when she was in her thirties, she'd mature a bit more. she'd get wiser, and time would heal all wounds. [break][break]

feels more like she's lost her time in the distortion. [break][break]

there's not much to say when she's processing the scene, gory and bloody as it was. the sea wasn't kind to her brother when he died, falling out of the sky. she still remembers the last conversation she had with him, too, just a short time before the war, and only shortly after he came back from overseas to take the company back from her, as she was standing in (as she failed him, and the family's legacy, and she'll never forgive herself for the humiliation). [break][break]

".. i was." she's nestling closer, and if she casts a net over it she'll be able to capture more of the comfort. at least, that's what she tells herself. "i don't remember much about what happened during the war." they're memories she's blocked out, though the distinct sounds of bugs and a flash of red still flash through, and she'll leave out how it wakes her in the middle of night in cold sweat. ".. and i keep thinking of what i could have done.. different to help him" she pauses, and the words claw at her throat. "i wonder if i could have saved him." and the words come out as a whimper, her fingers gently curling around the fabric of his shirt as she gently clutches on.[break][break]

daphne stone was not made for war.