163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 17:12:15 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Hearing her words instilled a sense of familiarity within him as they met his ears, prompting a gradual, hefty raise of both shoulders and chest, alike, as he drew a steady breath into his lungs. It remained within for just a moment or two in thought before releasing from his form within a similar manner. He shook his head in further thought and acknowledgment.[break][break]

”...Daph, I’m gonna tell you right now—” he mused with words of an uncharacteristic realist, rather than those of the optimistic dreamer he often was, ”—that’s exactly the kinda stuff that promotes self destruction.”[break][break]

His gaze trailed idly along the wooden planks framing the floors beneath them for a while longer, all while he rubbed her shoulder softly within the midst of words to be gathered. He hummed lowly, brows creasing faintly in pensive reflection.[break][break]

”Going down the whole, like—... The whole, ‘what if?’ rabbit hole? You can’t do that. You just…can’t.” He lifted his head at long last, hooking his arm further around her in order to move his fingers from her shoulder to her chin, softly tapping upon it an attempt to garner attention. ”Sometimes, there could be things that could’ve been done; most of the time, there just…isn’t.[break][break]

He narrowed his eyes slightly, gazing deep into hers as if searching for confirmation that her attention was his while softly tracing the tips of his fingers along her jaw.[break][break]

”...Things just happen. It hurts, but it’s just…something everyone has to accept.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 3:15:22 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queentopimg"]
[attr="class","queenbar"]
[attr="class","queentop"]
[attr="class","queenlyrics"]
[attr="class","queenlyrics1"]
BECAUSE THERE'S
[attr="class","queenlyrics2"]
SOMETHING TO DEFEND
[attr="class","queennotes"]
[attr="class","queennotes-title"]notes
[attr="class","queennotes-box"]

testing the new template don't mind me

[attr="class","queenicon"]
[attr="class","queenicon-img"]
[attr="class","queenbox"]
[attr="class","queentext-box"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

self destruction? [break][break]

he doesn't know it's already happened, that she was a time bomb waiting to go off. he doesn't know that she was lost, and how she's wandered. there're some things that are best kept under lock and key (even when she knows that she's free from judgement, when it comes to him). he has more experience when it comes to battle, so he knows. he knows of the hardships that come with war, but daphne, despite living through it, comes out feeling just as lost as she did before. [break][break]

destruction is no stranger; it's just a shame that during these peaceful times, the war that wages on is still in her. though the events of the ultra beast war and the invasion of the slateport night market are long behind them, the explosions and the cries still ring loudly - she'll deaf one day. [break][break]

when the images flash back into her mind, it's his gentle touch and nudging that grounds her back to reality. it's his fingers against her chin as she begins to lean towards his fingers, yearning for the tingle they give when they run across her jaw. "mhm.." she's humming, and she understands. then she tries to wear a smile, though it's tired and defeated to match the slight fatigue in her gaze. [break][break]

"my other siblings say that quite a bit.." that it wasn't her fault, and that things were going to be alright, and that she will be okay (she knows that she will, and that someday the guilt will stave off and she'll be able to at least face her blood with some of the same pride). [break][break]

her eyes gaze back to hues of blue, then they narrow back down as she tries, again, to gently rub her cheek against his fingers. "i apologize for being so-" hopeless? needy? clingy? ".. sensitive." it's a start, after her previous run-ins with . [break][break]

"perhaps it was his death and my inability to run the company, that made me a little fragile." it made the confidence that she used to have crumble.

[attr="class","queenside"]
[attr="class","queenpkmn-container"]

[attr="class","queenpkmn"]

[attr="class","queentag-container"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Rajdhani]
[googlefont=Staatliches]

[newclass=".queen"]height:550px; width:500px; background:#000000; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenbar"]height:550px; width:20px; background:#4997d0; float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentop"]height:150px; width:500px; background:#0f0f0f; position:absolute; top:100px; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenlyrics"]height:150px; width:350px; position:absolute; left:0px; transition:0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenlyrics1"]background:transparent; position:absolute; right:0px; top:40px; color:#fff; font-family:"Staatliches"; font-size:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenlyrics2"]background:transparent; position:absolute; right:0px; bottom:35px; color:#fff; font-family:"Staatliches"; font-size:31.7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentopimg"]height:150px; width:480px; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/7c8wGQh.jpg"); background-color:#4997d0; background-blend-mode: luminosity; position:absolute; right:0px; opacity:0.3; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenbox"]height:300px; width:350px; position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; background:#0f0f0f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenside"]height:300px; width:150px; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/Gn2dN3f.jpg"); background-color:#0f0f0f; background-blend-mode: multiply; position:absolute; bottom:0px; left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenicon"]height:150px; width:150px; background:#1c1c1c; position:absolute; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentag-container"]width:340px; position:absolute; top:205px; right:150px; background:#171717; padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentag"]display:inline; background:#000; color:#fff; border-radius:5px; padding:7px; float:right; margin:3px; font-size:10px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:"Rajdhani";[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box"]height:250px; width:250px; position:absolute; bottom:20px; right:25px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 10px; overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext"]text-align:justify; font-size:12px; color:#fff; font-family:"Roboto";[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext b"]color:#4997d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext i"]color:#696969;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box::-webkit-scrollbar"]width: 3px; background: transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box::-webkit-scrollbar-track"]width: 1px; background:transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]width:5px; background:#4997d0; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenpkmn"]border-width:3px; border-style:solid; border-radius:100px; border-color:#1c1c1c; overflow:hidden; background:#000; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:5px; margin:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenpkmn-container"]position:absolute; top:5px; right:-70px; height:300px; width:150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes"]position:absolute; right:150px; top:20px; padding:10px; height:50px; width:150px; font-family:"Rajdhani"; font-size:12px; background:transparent; border-left: 1px solid #4997d0; opacity:0; transition:0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-title"]position:relative; top:-15px; width:50px; border-bottom:2px solid #4997d0; padding:3px; color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box"]background:transparent; color:#fff; position:relative; top:-10px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; height:50px; width:100px; padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box::-webkit-scrollbar"]width: 3px; background: transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box::-webkit-scrollbar-track"]width: 1px; background:transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]width:5px; background:#4997d0; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queen:hover .queenlyrics"]-webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; left:310px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queen:hover .queennotes"]-webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; transition-delay: 0.5s; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenroll"]position:absolute; top:-15px; left:-135px; height:100px; width:100px; background:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenicon-img"]border-radius:100px; border-width:5px; border-style:solid; border-color:#000; position:absolute; top:20px; right:20px; width:100px; height:100px; background:url("https://i.ibb.co/zrGX9YN/49.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 1:21:15 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He shook his head. ”It’s a natural reaction. …So long as it’s dealt with properly, it’s completely understandable.”[break][break]

With a deep, pensive breath, he simply allowed his hand to be pulled aside; allowed his fingers to brush tenderly against her face as she urged his caress. His hand opened as if further encouraging the gesture, resting its fingers softly against her cheek and rubbing along it softly as he rested his head against hers, idly.[break][break]

”...And to be fair, too?” he murmured softly, ”It’s hard to upkeep things when you didn’t exactly ask for it. …I’m sure having the company wasn’t your first choice. Same hunch for your siblings.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 7:01:54 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
BECAUSE THERE'S
SOMETHING TO DEFEND

dude this took me so long to convert there'd BETTER BE NOTES :angrynoodles:

calix is holding her so tenderly. it's hard for daphne to believe that he still receives this treatment. [break][break]

he's so patient with her, despite it all. hell insist that he's willing to listen, and that he's willing to wait for her to speak and to talk to him, similar to her siblings, and to her family. it's how she knows that the concern is genuine. it's a breath of fresh air, when only knowing of the smiles and snickers of investors waiting for an empire's fall. [break][break]

business is no stranger, but she'd prefer not to work with it (it's why she's moved the responsibilities to someone else, so she can focus on design). working with stone - with devon - was pressure that she crumbled under. but someone had to look after the company in father's and alex's absences. someone had to. that someone, she's come to learn, wasn't her. [break][break]

a hum buzzes between her lips as she raises a hand, resting against the knuckles of an open palm to press further against her cheek. comfort like this is starting to become familiar, and she's slowly learning to accept it. "it wasn't, no.." she mutters, eyes only half-shut when bright green gaze at his wrist "though, father was always so certain that one of his children would inherit the company." it's a memory that brings a small smile to her lips, and cause her brows the furrow and dip.

[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Rajdhani]
[googlefont=Staatliches]

[newclass=".queen"]height:550px; width:500px; background:#000000; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenbar"]height:550px; width:20px; background:#4997d0; float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentop"]height:150px; width:500px; background:#0f0f0f; position:absolute; top:100px; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenlyrics"]height:150px; width:350px; position:absolute; left:0px; transition:0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenlyrics1"]background:transparent; position:absolute; right:0px; top:40px; color:#fff; font-family:"Staatliches"; font-size:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenlyrics2"]background:transparent; position:absolute; right:0px; bottom:35px; color:#fff; font-family:"Staatliches"; font-size:31.7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentopimg"]height:150px; width:480px; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/7c8wGQh.jpg"); background-color:#4997d0; background-blend-mode: luminosity; position:absolute; right:0px; opacity:0.3; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenbox"]height:300px; width:350px; position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; background:#0f0f0f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenside"]height:300px; width:150px; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/Gn2dN3f.jpg"); background-color:#0f0f0f; background-blend-mode: multiply; position:absolute; bottom:0px; left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenicon"]height:150px; width:150px; background:#1c1c1c; position:absolute; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentag-container"]width:340px; position:absolute; top:205px; right:150px; background:#171717; padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentag"]display:inline; background:#000; color:#fff; border-radius:5px; padding:7px; float:right; margin:3px; font-size:10px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:"Rajdhani";[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box"]height:250px; width:250px; position:absolute; bottom:20px; right:25px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 10px; overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext"]text-align:justify; font-size:12px; color:#fff; font-family:"Roboto";[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box::-webkit-scrollbar"]width: 3px; background: transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box::-webkit-scrollbar-track"]width: 1px; background:transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queentext-box::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]width:5px; background:#4997d0; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenpkmn"]border-width:3px; border-style:solid; border-radius:100px; border-color:#1c1c1c; overflow:hidden; background:#000; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:5px; margin:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenpkmn-container"]position:absolute; top:5px; right:-70px; height:300px; width:150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes"]position:absolute; right:150px; top:20px; padding:10px; height:50px; width:150px; font-family:"Rajdhani"; font-size:12px; background:transparent; border-left: 1px solid #4997d0; opacity:0; transition:0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-title"]position:relative; top:-15px; width:50px; border-bottom:2px solid #4997d0; padding:3px; color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box"]background:transparent; color:#fff; position:relative; top:-10px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; height:50px; width:100px; padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box::-webkit-scrollbar"]width: 3px; background: transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box::-webkit-scrollbar-track"]width: 1px; background:transparent; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queennotes-box::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]width:5px; background:#4997d0; border-radius:0px!important; border:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queen:hover .queenlyrics"]-webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; left:310px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queen:hover .queennotes"]-webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; transition-delay: 0.5s; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenroll"]position:absolute; top:-15px; left:-135px; height:100px; width:100px; background:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".queenicon-img"]border-radius:100px; border-width:5px; border-style:solid; border-color:#000; position:absolute; top:20px; right:20px; width:100px; height:100px; background:url("https://i.ibb.co/zrGX9YN/49.png");[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 2:38:44 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

A soft chuckle broke an otherwise, uncharacteristically stern demeanor, even if for just a moment. A hum of his own met hers in return as he idled upon her later words.[break][break]

”...Yeah. It’s honestly the norm with a lot of parents,” he mused with a lingering smile, shifting to rest a hand against her shoulder once more in a means of adjustment and comfort. He inhaled before sighing absentmindedly. ”Comes from a good place most of the time. …It was just something along the lines of, like…having a lighter mind knowing that the family legacy still belonged to the family~...”[break][break]

He thought on it for a bit longer before leaning further against the cushions behind him, humming a second time.[break][break]

”...Obviously, though, the thing that matters most is doing what resonates with you the most.” His gaze shifted towards her once more, albeit from the edge of his peripheral. ”If it makes you happy, it’s worth it. …Life’s too short to put yourself through the wringer and stress yourself out, after all.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 3:57:22 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
BECAUSE THERE'S
SOMETHING TO DEFEND

late post a h a

she feels no different from when she was still struggling, although now she's probably gotten used to opening herself some more. just by a little bit. [break][break]

he's good at comforting people - which is probably something she's come to expect, now. he's always been good at caring for her, and her anxiety, and for her health, altogether (though there's some slight anxiety when she thinks about it, and it turns into a blow to her self-esteem when she realizes that he's been caring for her so much. it makes her feel like he's doing too much). with this thought in mind, her nose nuzzles further against his chest as her eyes lower into a close. [break][break]

"mhm.." she agrees, taking a deep breath as she smiles against the palm of his hand against her cheek "i pray i'll never have to work with that silph again.." she shouldn't have to, when their businesses were so far apart now. still, the idea of having to will make her angry. the idea that he still proclaims himself as alex's best friend still baffles her. [break][break]

though she was never one to poke her head into her brother's affairs. [break][break]

"i apologize." her eyes open, bright as they wander up to deeper hues of blue "i shouldn't dump so much of my anxiety onto you, especially when you do so much to comfort me~.."

[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Rajdhani]
[googlefont=Staatliches]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 16:52:45 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Hope for the best and prepare for the worst,” he hummed in response, a soft, idle smile lingering upon his lips as he rested his head against hers as she drew herself closer. He shifted his hand along her head, twining his fingers within locks of gold softly whilst resting the back against his palm within a gentle caress. ”Although I’d personally say that maybe a face to face talk isn’t the worst option…”[break][break]

He hummed, briefly quirking his lip in thought and recollection.[break][break]

”...Maybe I’m just a bit hopeful, though~.”[break][break]

As distanced as he preferred to be from larger figures, there were some reputations that preceded them no matter what, after all.[break][break]

And so he simply dwindled upon the matter for a shorter bout of time, eventually closing his eyes as another, more pensive hum left his lips. ”...Don’t worry about it, though~,” he chuckled, only opening his eyes once more upon feeling her shift against him. Although from the corner of his eye, he met her gaze with the same smile he so often donned. ”I was the one that asked, after all— and even if I wasn’t, I don’t mind listening.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 4:04:21 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
BECAUSE THERE'S
SOMETHING TO DEFEND

late post a h a

asking her to communicate with silph was a bit too tall an order. [break][break]

although she doesn't hold anything against the siblings, moreso than she dislikes the current head of the company. a woman smiles, softly, as she begins to nuzzle the lower half of her face against a man in a soft caress. she knows he doesn't much know or enjoy the talks of business, even though this is what's been weighing on her. [break][break]

"mhm.." she hums in response, though now with fatigue that came in the aftermath of letting her heart spill over. he's always doing these things for her, and she's starting to wonder what she could do for him - he always looked so happy with her anyways - in spite of his still busy schedule. [break][break]

but they've strayed far. [break][break]

and her arm raises to twine her fingers with his against her cheek, digits slipping between as she holds his hand against he, in warm embrace. she sighs. [break][break]

".. don't leave me." she speaks in a softer whisper, and it's desperate after having lost another person. she knows it's natural in his line of work, but she can wish for him to be safe. still, she can't make him promise anything; wouldn't that be too cruel? yet still-- [break][break]

"if it's in your power, please?"

[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Rajdhani]
[googlefont=Staatliches]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 1:02:16 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Even given the conversation that seemed intent upon transpiring, he couldn’t help but be faintly surprised.[break][break]

It hadn’t quite been from the words she’d spoken, however; rather, it had been the tone conveyed and woven between the meek declarations and requests she’d sought to give him. Within an instinctive, absentminded manner, he’d simply allowed her to take his hands as she willed, shifting his fingers between her own within an according manner all the while.[break][break]

It hadn’t been until she’d breathed the words—soft and fleeting as they were—that a soft sigh escaped his lips.[break][break]

”...I never said I would~...” he hummed with an equal gentleness to his tone, clasping his fingers tighter upon hers within a gingerly hold.

He eyed her for a small while longer before lifting her hand, brushing his lips against her knuckles and closing his eyes with a softer smile.[break][break]

”In my power or not, I don’t plan to leave anytime soon. I can at least guarantee that much.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 2:38:01 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
BECAUSE THERE'S
SOMETHING TO DEFEND

late post a h a

she harbors doubt. [break][break]

why? it's not because he's untrustworthy, not because she doesn't have faith in him; it's because promises are easily broken, even if she knows that he wouldn't if he could help it. many people wouldn't break a promise if they could help it (though maybe a select few she's met have been willing, and only swore their word to those naive enough to believe lies that come from their mouths).[break][break]

she isn't used to being so fragile, not when standing as a cracking pillar is all she's ever known. there's a brief silence following his response, though it's in her thought that she's mulling it over, and processing, and debating (and convincing herself that it's true, and nothing will happen again. nothing that violent, or heart-wrenching will happen, right?) before she finally caves, and she reaches up instead to gently peck his cheek. when she pulls back, she's wearing a small, weak, slightly defeated smile. [break][break]

"good~.." she says, pulling away from his arm so she can scoot closer to the edge of their seat, towards their plates of dinner. "i'd better not hear anything devastating from the news, or the hospital~.." she hums. [break][break]

she's been thinking about it, though, and it's only natural that this region will only see more calamities. so much has happened in these few short years, after all. [break][break]

"... i hope things can be more peaceful in hoenn, soon."

[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Rajdhani]
[googlefont=Staatliches]

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
as the years go on
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 17:17:40 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Though the skepticism upon her face had been as telltale as it always was, there was a sense of relief that embodied the smile upon his lips—gentle and grateful as it was—as it persisted upon his lips. Its span only proved to broaden faintly upon noting her affection, and as she shifted away following the touch of her lips against his cheek, he’d merely breathed a soft, humming chuckle while a hand of hers within his own once more.[break][break]

He returned the gesture with a softened kiss against her knuckles before watching as she shifted towards the table.[break][break]

”Trust me, I’ll be doing everything in my power to make sure it never happens~.” He released her hand in favor of placing his own upon her back, rubbing it within a form of idle reassurance for a simple moment or so. ”I agree with you, though. …I’m sure everything’ll work out.”[break][break]

He inhaled deeply, breathing a hefty sigh before leaning forward once more to reach for the plates he’d set down some time beforehand. Taking both of them into his hands, he offered one towards her while leaning back to lounge yet again.[break][break]

”...That aside, let’s think on that again later~.”

[break]
pls end after your post lol

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
as the years go on
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 4:42:15 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

Yes, everything will work out; because it always does. [break][break]

Whether it be in her power, or not. There’s no need to sour the taste in her mouth when she thinks about what happens when it doesn’t, so she simply bites her tongue along with the forkful of food she’d hurriedly reached to bring to her lips. The hand on her back is stable reassurance, and she finds the stressed hand gradually relaxing in his hold, as her fingers are warmly cradled between his. For a moment, her anxiety melts away as her body relaxes. [break][break]

There’s perfectly good food in front of her, and it’d be a shame for the dinner he so painstakingly prepared to go cold with all of their talking. Her lips let out a soft hum as a small smile comes to her lips. As usual, his cooking is delightful. It’s savory, sweet, with just enough spice to bring it all together. Though she tries to follow the same recipe, she can never make food taste the same, and she wonders: how does he do it? [break][break]

“.. Mhm, we can think about it later.” she hums, though it’s likely that she won’t want to bring it back up, lest she sour the mood, even if he insists otherwise. Instead, this time, to ease her heart and put on a lighter hearted air, she holds a forkful up of the food, eyes smiling as she gazes towards him with the silverware in hand. He has his own food, but that doesn’t stop her from offering a bite of her own.

END

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
as the years go on
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 3:00:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: