twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
009. has science gone too...
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 2:48:13 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]a
lone. he stood outside of the mossdeep space center on guard duty. it would seem as though they held more trust in the gym leaders then their own security system. sadly, arian preferred to be off doing other things. "to be assigned guard duty, this is definitely below my pay grade." scratching the back of his head. he didn't expect for any intruders to come out on a tuesday, but you could never be too sure? though, he wondered, who would his partner for today's assignment?

[break][break]
party:
[break]
mission: has science gone...[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: mission time.

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 3:02:02 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"you're such a boy."

cait sported an amused grin as arian fussed over having to take part in guard duty. 

"
at least it's easy work. and the pay is half-decent."

she popped a piece of bubblegum into her mouth after saying this, nonchalantly leaning against the building as she savored the candy's taste. 

"
and i doubt anything'll happen," she remarked. "not today, at least. but you never know. the scientists said that the experiment they're conducting today is important enough to warrant 'high quality' security.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 3:14:06 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

light jump. he'd place the palm of his right hand over his mouth. coughing it into as he attempted to gather his composure. cheeks sprawling a bright, pink hue over them. "i-i'm just saying!" head darted to the opposite direction. "we're gym leaders, this is beneath us!" arian returned.

[break][break]

"they're only giving us this task because we're considered newbies. don't we have veteran leaders for this?" a hand upon his side, he'd look toward the sky. "thinking about now..." his gaze on cait, "where are the elite four anyway?"
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 3:21:42 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the question caused her smile to lessen - but only slightly. 

"no idea," she replied, shrugging. "
after news of the champion stepping down began to spread people brought up the subject - occasionally - but i don't hear too much nowadays."

cait eyed the young man curiously, detecting what she perceived to be underlying frustration.

"
what's got you thinking about that, arian?"

her voice was soft and edged with concern that was genuine in nature. 

"
i know it's traditional to have an elite four in place," she continued. "but what's the point of having them if we already have the council?"  

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 3:33:31 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

s right cait may have been. it didn't sit well with him that his city had the potential to be attacked. "i didn't experience slateport fully, but i was there assisting with the clearance of its citizens during the battle against rocket." arms folded. his face began to become one of scowl, gritted teeth followed. "it frustrates me that there's a chance my home--the place my mother and father raised me--could be overrun one day." lilycove was the acting hq for the council, and even then he still didn't feel safe.

[break][break]

"there's a reason why i train so hard, why i took on the role as gym leader." faced forward, cerulean hues looked ahead, "only i can protect lilycove. it's my home, and it's my duty to protect the memories and people there. me not being there is just inviting rocket to have a ball; i refuse to allow those irredeemable insects invade the place i call home." each gym leader were seen as a protector and hero of their city. their strength wee acknowledge by the people, by the council.

[break][break]

the pressure was on. they had to be at their absolute best. "cait, you were there weren't you? how're you so calm? don't you worry about your city becoming a possible target next?" he asked, orbs colliding with her own.
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 3:53:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
https://i.imgur.com/VpaXYlU.png

"everyday," she answered. "
i worry every day and nearly every hour. i'm scared - and you're scared - but that's okay.

she caught sight of that glimmer of pain, frustration and sadness that shone in his gaze. he had laid himself bare before her and she experienced that desire to soothe away his hurt.

'that loathing,' she thought. 'i didn't expect it. not from him, at least. but i understand it.' 

"
fortree," she continued. "i'm from fortree. my family and friends live there and i can only try my hand at protecting them from a distance."

cait continued to lean against the mossdeep space center's building, her arms crossed over her chest and her expression somber.

"
i wake up and check the news to make evrything's okay back. and i'm terrified that i'll open my eyes one day and they'll just be gone."

she fell silent and then sucked in a shaky breath.

"
but i trust  to keep them safe. just like the people who have families in mauville city trust me to keep their loved ones alive and well.

cait shifted her green-eyed gaze to clash with arian's. 

"
it's just what we do," she said. "it hurts - but everyone of us should know that we offered ourselves up to the council to take on that burden and to put on a mask while doing it.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 4:27:13 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

serious moment. he never broke his intense gaze. listening to her as she, too, resonated with his pain. though, that was swiftly broken the second he uttered an, "eh?" a double blink. "are you sure you're not from mauville?" hand underneath chin. he began to initiate a deep, hard thought. "i could've sworn you were from mauville..." fortree was the last city that crossed his mind. but it made so much sense, how did he get that wrong.

[break][break]

"oops." a light chuckle, he began to scratch the back of his hand. tongue sticking out and rose-colored cheeks, he tried to hide the shameful thought as he shifted his sight elsewhere. "it looks like is starting rub off on me."
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 19:13:02 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"do i really look like that much of a city girl?"

she couldn't help the grin that returned in full, arian's display far too comical to ignore. 

"
but trust me - i was born and raised in fortree," she elaborated. "my family's been there ever since they migrated from johto roughly a century ago."

a hint of pride colored cait's tone as she mentioned her ancestors, her spirits raised as she was reminded of them. 

"
now get that silly look off your face," she remarked, her features crinkled in amusement. "you're about to make me laugh; and you've gotta keep up that 'quality bodyguard' act.

mauville's gym leader gestured toward him, expectant.

"
puff out that chest of yours - like that - now look like you're pissed off for no apparent reason. and don't smile - you'll ruin it."  

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 20:25:31 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]s
tunned. how could his analysis be so far off?! listening to her family history. it all made sense. but how did he mix her gym up with the leader of mauville's?! arian still had a long way to go before becoming an appropriate gym leader it seemed. and in the midst of listening to her commands, he began to flail trying to decipher which to do first.

[break][break]

"r-right, chest out!" out. "forward...lean?" he'd lean, furrowed brows. not sure if this pose was exactly intimidating or not. "t-this is embarrassing!" a laughter escaped his maw. releasing him of any animosity he held earlier toward his enemies. forgetting of their existence in the blink of an eye. "alright, alright; i get it." a kind smile given, he'd say, "thanks for the talk, fortree leader; i needed that." for now, he'd call her by the name of her city. hoping to instill it within his mind so that he didn't forget.

[break][break]

"we should get at least a look around before we get out of here soon; scan the perimeters and things. i'll take the west side, you go east?" arian suggested. one last smile given her way.

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: fin.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 20:36:15 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she'd blink and release a little sigh. 

"coin - sometimes i wonder."

cait shook her head and decided to explain, aware that she needed to stem the flow of misinformation that he'd likely spread if she didn't correct him now.

"
i'm from fortree," she said. "but i was assigned as mauville's gym leader. i had to move, crazy."

as he suggested that they do another round of perimeter checks she'd nod, deciding that that was likely the best course of action.

"
good idea. we'll circle around the building and meet up again.

she'd reward his smile with one of her own,  lingering for only a moment before she turned away with a small wave.

"
be careful, alright?

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O