the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 5:11:17 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]
[attr="class","frphoetop"]
[attr="class","frphoeimg"]

[attr="class","frphoetab"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyric"]

WEARING OUR[break]VINTAGE MISERY

NO, I THINK IT LOOKED A LITTLE BETTER ON ME

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotes"]
[attr="class","frphoenotes2"]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetab2"]

[attr="class","frphoepost1"]
[attr="class","frphoepost2"]
[attr="class","frphoepost3"]

Freya Morningstar has returned.[break][break]

And, instead of killing her on sight like she should have, especially for her interference with her target, Emma Wolfe had let both Elias Orion and the councilwoman go.[break][break]

Her mind was racing, her stomach twisted into knots. She had never felt unsure about anything, not in several years. But just the sight of her had turned her world upside down.[break][break]

Freya had invited her to come to her place in Sootopolis to make.. cookies. Insisted they needed to talk, and that Emma would be safe if she arrived quietly and discreetly.[break][break]

At first she had said nothing, had destroyed the phone that she had received the message on, tried to erase her from her memory.[break][break]

But whenever she closed her eyes she saw her, the beautiful white-haired woman she had fallen in love with all those years ago.[break][break]

Emma's hand hesitated on Freya's door, hesitating to knock. For the first time in forever, there's indecision, regret. Her hand connects with the doo with a single knock, letting Freya know she's here.[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoelyric3"]

HEY, YOUNG BLOOD, DOESN'T IT FEEL LIKE OUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoe table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetop]background-color:#60495a;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimg]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric3]background-color:#60495a;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoepost1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost1 b]10px Roboto;color:#60495a[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetab1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#60495a;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotes]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 26, 2019 21:52:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]call her crazy, but she thought this the safest course of action for the two of them. her home turf, the city she knows like the back of her hand. emma will be discreet; there's no need to worry there. there's no reason to worry at all. 

her studio loft is in the heart of the city, but that's not where she asked emma to meet her. she'd considered it, but something about having the woman in the middle of her personal belongings, trouncing about in her life....it seemed like too much for now. they need to take this slowly, carefully.

the time that has lapsed between their reunion hasn't kindled the flame in freya's heart, however. she's just had time to think, plot, fill in the details of the plan that had derailed and sent her spinning on that rooftop. she's been careful and meticulous, practiced her approach in the mirror. 

she has nothing but a handful of crumbs and a will in her heart, and yet she's sure that she can convince emma to help her. help her start something. help her change the tide of this war. 

overlooking the southern bluffs of sootopolis is the morningstar family cottage, a cozy two-story building with an open floor plan and floor to ceiling windows. though while she can look out and see the expanse of the city beneath her, hoenn's sea beyond her, stained glass warps the view from inside. 

she is at her kitchen island, trying to keep her hands busy by organizing ingredients, when she hears the knock at her door. she combs her fingers through her hair one last time, fixing the messy circlet braid ringing the crown of her head, and smooths out her sundress as she heads to the door. 

moxie stays at the counter, dozing in the afternoon sunlight spilling through several of the windows. 

"ems," she says and can't resist the smile that stretches across her face. she opens the door and hastily waves her inside. "make yourself and your pokemon at home. i think i've got everything we need."

her own pokemon, more than the six she carries in her necklace at any given time, have the run of the house. calcifer, her newly evolved charmeleon, had been helping her remove ingredients from her grocery bags. sypha and aeris peer over at them from the exposed balcony of the second floor, and then promptly return to their soft training of freya's salandit. 

outside, on the private lawns, out of sight from the city, lyune sleeps on his side, weathered wings drawn to his side. a few of her other larger pokemon join him. 

she looks fondly after him and then says, "i should properly introduce you to him. i love them all, of course, but aeris and lyune have been with me since the beginning."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 26, 2019 23:02:24 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

There is something hollow about the building she faces, something that warns her against diving headfirst into familiarity. [break][break]

The meetingplace Freya had sent her to didn't feel like home. It was secluded, a fair distance away from the rest of Sootopolis. It resembled more of a cottage than a proper house. It was temporary.[break][break]

Emma felt a dull squeeze of unease settle in the pit of her stomach just as the dull sounds of her knuckles bracing against the surface of the door echoed. She would blink, hand falling to her side as she looked up to see Freya's bright, smiling face.[break][break]

Surely this budding relationship between them wasn't temporary, wasn't what she feared it might be. Her soul yearned for Freya, had been for years. She had been so lonely.[break][break]

After being welcomed in, the cottage seemed just a tad bit more warm, less unfamiliar and stale. Not far behind her, Emma's Lycanroc and three spiders followed through the door. All of them seemed uneasy, taking care to analyze the room thoroughly, and the unfamiliar Pokemon in it.[break][break]

Joltik, Ariados and Dewpider all stuck close together, remaining apart from the rest of the gang. Lycanroc, on the other hand, remained close to Emma, never breaking concentration.[break][break]

"It's good to see you again, Freya."[break][break]

She's formal, perhaps a little bit tense. Her gaze shift to the Salamence that Freya mentions, and she hesitates for a moment on the hulking, sleeping beast. After a moment she passes her attention back over to her Lycanroc, extending a hand to brush over her own beast's ears. The werewolf seems momentarily stunned at this brief moment of affection, unsure how to react.[break][break]

"Hades and Atropos have been with me since.. we went separate ways."[break][break]

Emma hesitates before finishing her thought, likely pained at the reminder of their previous separation. It seems there is still uncertainty between the two.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoe]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetop]background-color:#60495a;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimg]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric3]background-color:#60495a;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoepost1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetab1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#60495a;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotes]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 1:06:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she watches the spiders wander nervously inside. her krookodile rises to greet them warmly. she closes the door behind emma as she walks in, taking a moment to admire the woman from behind while she observes the cottage. she recognizes some of her mannerisms--the way she tilts her neck, purses her lips. and other movements, the ones that come with the predatory grace of being a trained assassin, are foreign. 

"they're strong," she says, admiration in her voice. 

they found the companions and the power they'd always wanted. had it been worth it?

a silence lapses between them then, and she's struck by the fact that she's alone with the woman she loved (loves?). she curls her fingers at her sides, quells her too-quickly beating heart, and moves to the kitchen. 

"i know it's not going to be easy. all of this. but i still trust you. and i still want..." she bites her lip. surely she feels the same way. but they can't just pick up where they'd left off over five years ago. they have to put the pieces back together, find their way back to each other. 

"i still want you to be part of my life. whatever needs to be done. that's why i asked you here. i--i think there might be a way i could protect you. from rocket."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 29, 2019 15:46:43 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

While Freya's comment is innocent, Emma's response is stiff and serious. [break][break]

"They have to be."[break][break]

She says this without turning around, she's distracted, a little bit on edge. Her Pokemon are as well.[break][break]

The three spiders observe the Krookodile with quiet caution. They're poised to attack at the first indication of danger. This whole situation is foreign and dangerous. It's unpredictable. They've been trained to react with predation, to look for weaknesses, openings.[break][break]

Now they're encouraged to relax, to 'make themselves at home.' It's unnatural. They have never been treated as equals, only as objects.[break][break]

Emma breaks her gaze away from the cottage to watch her Pokemon's distress. Hades is stuck to his master like glue, equally as uncomfortable but much more reserved about it. He's been watching Freya, taking note of the way she's been watching Emma.[break][break]

The wolf looks from his master to the white-haired girl, visibly confused.[break][break]

Freya's voice draws Emma from her mixed thoughts, encourages the woman to turn around and face her. She sees the conflict in her friend's face, her eyes drawn to her biting her lip. In the past, it had been sexy, it had been.. sweet. Now it seemed foreign and confusing.[break][break]

"You shouldn't trust me. I'm not the person I used to be. You shouldn't want me to be a part of your life, Freya. This? Us? What is this? This isn't what you want."[break][break]

Her eyes narrow in suspicion, and also in fear, as Freya mentions Rocket. She shakes her head, irritation marking the exhale of breath from her lips. [break][break]

"You can't protect me, because I don't want to be protected. Every time I go into battle, every time I'm forced to do... horrible things... I pray that I die, Freya. I pray that someone strikes me down for all of the things I've done. I deserve nothing but death, and even that.. even that is too easy. It wouldn't be enough punishment."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 29, 2019 21:07:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she's saying all the wrong things. but what could she have hoped for? emma hadn't always been cruel--cold, perhaps, but freya had peeled back her layers, touched the warmth that surrounded her heart. that can't be gone. she's still there. i just don't know how to reach her anymore.

her heart grows heavier with each passing moment. what had she hoped to accomplish? that this would be like something out of a romcom? where they would talk about the wrongdoings of their past, kiss, and make up? time has weathered them both, but she realizes now that there are things emma can't turn her back on. she's done things, things that freya can forgive, but emma herself...

"it is what i want," she insists, firmly, but quieter this time. moxie, tongue flicking at the air, senses her subtle change of emotions, and stirs at the counter. freya turns her back to emma and walks into the kitchen, fingers splayed on the counter. the snake curls up her arm and drapes across her shoulders, nuzzling warmly into the crook of her neck.

the dragon tamer relaxes visibly, breathes. "everyone deserves to atone for the things they've done. you've done what you had to do to survive, emma--i can't fault you for that. but i know there's goodness in you. i saw it, with the elias boy." she turns then, eyes hard, "and you're a fool if you think i'd let yourself get killed in battle."

she holds up a bag of flour and some chocolate chips. "now come make cookies with me. no shop talk, okay? i won't press you. we'll just...do this together. can we at least have that? please?"

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 30, 2019 1:58:56 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

Emma breaks her eye contact at Freya's reaffirmation. She's serious about this. Even though shes trying so desperately to keep her at arms length, to protect herself and go back to being the lone wolf.. Freya is adamant about opening her home to her again.[break][break]

No words are spoken as Freya turns to lean on the counter. It's clear that what she's said has upset her, that her words had bitten hard. She isn't apologetic, because she meant every word.[break][break]

When Freya does finally speak, Emma feels that crushing weight in her chest tighten uneasily. Had she done what she had to do to survive? Or had she done it because it was the easy thing to do? She was good at working for Rocket. Sometimes, especially lately, she had been doing it because the pay was good and she was numb.[break][break]

Whatever the case, it seems that Freya is really trying to break the ice between them, holding up a bag of flour and a package of chocolate chips. Her eyes are begging for a truce, promising to not talk about the past.[break][break]

It's a gut-wrenching and heart-warming throwback to their time spent in the kitchens at the foster home all those years ago. They used to bake cookies then, too. She had missed that desperately, once.[break][break]

"Remember to add the chips at the end, so they don't ruin the mixture."[break][break]

She approached her then, gently taking the bag of flour from her as she walked past. Her mind was now focused on the recipe that was probably laying on the counter, organising in her mind where to begin.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON May 30, 2019 16:20:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]they used to talk about one day not needing the recipes, that on top of everything else they'd eventually become world-class bakers. it had been as much a fantasy as their other planned future, where they were vagrants, moving from city to city on their whims, chasing the tails of wrongdoers and putting them to rest. 

she supposes, looking at it now, that they both got that future in a sense. soon it will be a reality. soon we won't be held back by the law. we'll be able to hit them where it hurts. 

she wants to bring up the proposal--that had been the point of this get-together--but she can't find the will to. emma is close to her now; it takes everything in freya not to put her hand over hers and pull her closer. 

part of her is surprised at how her body is reacting to the other woman's presence. she hasn't felt this way about anyone in years. she'd told herself she'd gotten over the girl, but every attempted date, every acceptance of a man's courtly favors, has left her heart chilled, skin crawling. and here she is now, yearning for emma's touch, fire in her veins, a flush to her cheeks. 

i love her. i don't know her anymore, and still i love her. 

"you think i'd make that mistake again?" she says warmly and rolls her eyes at emma. her heart hurts, but her affection is laced in every word. she can't say what she wants to, not yet, but maybe that's okay. 

she grabs at her hastily copied down recipe, elegant cursive almost unreadable. she adds the dry ingredients and sifts them and then hands emma a bowl with the softened butter, eggs, and sugar. "i don't have a mixer so we're going to have to beat it together by hand," she says. 

"and don't eat half the batter before we're done with it," she teases. 

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2019 20:24:42 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

As she works, she's starting to not rely on the recipe as much. It's almost as if she was falling back into old habits and old memories. Muscle memory took over the uncertainty in her mind, and very soon, Emma was busily mixing ingredients and waiting patiently for Freya's assistance.[break][break]

Like the good old days.[break][break]

For the first time in a while, Emma's mind is blank. She isn't concerned with the future or the past. She absolutely, completely in the present. For a long time, Emma rhythmically mixes the wet ingredients together. Her belly rumbles in anticipation of the sweet-smelling mixture just as Freya speaks up.[break][break]

"You can be a bit of an airhead sometimes."[break][break]

Whatever hint of hardness or unease has evaporated. The assassin seemed to have reverted back to a version of herself she thought had long disappeared.[break][break]

Emma is caught red-handed, finger covered in batter that she was slowly but surely raising to her lips. To be fair, it was an accident, a subconscious movement. She laughs a little bit, a flush filling her cheeks.[break][break]

"Old habits."[break][break]

She still licks the batter from her finger regardless, her sweet tooth taking over her better urges. She's watching Freya now, though. Her eyes are softer, and there's a skip to her heartbeat. This feeling of warmth, of affection.. it's something she hadn't felt in a long, long time. [break][break]

Not even Nikolai had really brought out these feelings. She shuffles the separate bowl to the side, and offers to let Freya mix the rest of the batter. She's gotten carried away and already mixed most of it herself, given why she'd been caught dipping in the batter for early snacks.[break][break]

"This is.. nice."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2019 20:46:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her brows raise, nose scrunching in denial. "i am not," she says stubbornly. she was, once, a very long time ago--but scholarly teachings, regular instruction, and the art of politicking has left her sharper. she's changed. regardless of how much she wants to believe that a small part of them has remained the same, evidence says otherwise. 

she goes quiet then. but things have been slipping through the cracks. she doesn't has eyes where she wants them and she's been making steady rounds to rustboro to uphold her promise of bolstering the city's defenses. regardless of whether or not alexander had wanted it, she had assimilated herself as part of that promise. 

i have to learn to pass things off, to trust those i command. 

the stress she'd been fighting to keep off of her thin shoulders emerges now. she sucks in a sigh, rubs at the lilac bruises under her eyes, and then as quickly as it had come, she disperses it. she stands straighter, snags the batter from emma's hands, twinkle in her eyes. 

"i never stopped thinking about this," she admits softly, looking down and concentrating (perhaps a bit more than need be) on the chocolate chips as she shakes the bag into the batter. "i needed things to slow down. i needed a break from....all of it." she shakes her head, laughs a bit. "and i knew if i used my vacation days and holed myself up here all alone, i'd get so restless thinking about you. so thank you--for coming."

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2019 21:17:44 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

For the first time in what might have been an eternity, Emma laughed. The noise was subtle on her lips, a quiet exhale of breath followed by the raising and lowering of her shoulders. With a small shake of her head, she went back to what she was doing. Although, she couldn't help but notice the short break in Freya's facade - the weariness she briefly possessed.[break][break]

As quickly as it arrived, it disappeared. The woman's hand snagged the bag from her hands, and she was left aghast and amused as she shook the contents into the mixture. Even so, it seemed as if Freya had other things on her mind.[break][break]

"I wouldn't really call this slowing down. In fact, I think I've made your life even more stressful. But.. I'm glad you at least feel a little less under pressure, Freya. It always broke my heart to see you suffer."[break][break]

Her hand reaches out subconsciously to grasp hers. This familiarity between them is like a magnet, pulling them towards each other. [break][break]

With a small squeeze, Emma pulls away from her for a moment, just long enough to messily drop cookie dough onto sheets and force them into the oven. She pauses then, the radio playing in the background has begun to sing a familiar tune. It stirs an emotional response in her, and she turns back to collect Freya's hands.[break][break]

"I remember this song. We used to dance to it all the time."[break][break]

Without missing a beat, Emma pulls Freya in close so that they might sway back and forth to the soft rhythm of the music.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 2:46:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i mean, don't get me wrong--i worry about you constantly." her lips twitch in a half-smile. "but i wouldn't trade that for the world." she is worth the late nights, the wistful staring at the moon when she can't sleep. she is worth the fighting, the unraveling of rocket so she can pull her from the spiders' web. 

her fingers curl against the countertop as she's struck with their predicament again, and then emma's hands fall over hers. the reaction is immediate, primal. 

she sucks in a tight breath, looks to the side, down, feeling sheepish. "yeah," she says. she bites her lip, closes her eyes, and is brought back to another time--muscle memory takes over. palms find their fitting on her hips, the curve of her neck. she hums along to the song, heartbeat skittering. 

"i'm sorry i haven't been there for you," she whispers. "i'm sorry it took me so long to keep my promise, to come back to you."

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 16:36:15 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

Emma's breath hitches in her throat at Freya's confession. It had never really dawned on her that she might worry, that she might have ever worried in their time apart. Emma's life had gone dark since Freya had moved away, and she had worked hard to simply get by and survive - she hadn't thought about the repercussions of that.[break][break]

Freya's hands find their positions as if time had never passed between them. She's warm and soft, and smells so lovely. There's an ache in her chest, and she can feel a wave of emotion crashing on her shore. The stiff exterior of Emma Wolfe is melting, crumbling away into puddy in Freya's arms. [break][break]

When she finally speaks, it breaks Emma from her reminiscent trance, and she finds herself pressing her lips against the hollow of Freya's neck subconsciously.[break][break]

"You're here now."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 17:42:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she feels like they're an old-timey couple, music from the 60's playing on a record player in the other room, swaying together as though that's the only thing they have to do. and she wishes that it were that picturesque, that snapshot moment everyone wishes they had. 

and it starts to feel that way when she feels emma's lips on her neck. familiarity and nostalgia gently wash away the years that have bulked up between them. in their time apart, both their bodies have shed their skin, cells dying and reforming, and she thinks this as emma kisses her. 

that this new person, this stranger, is kissing her, and her heart hurts and her eyes close and her lip quivers because she's yearning and she's terrified and she doesn't know if she can--

the timer goes off. grainy lullaby fades and the clouds clear; modern music is playing and the smell of cookies is overpowering. she nuzzles emma's cheek, unable to resist herself, before she moves away. 

her skin is tingling, hands shaking from giddiness (and all the other emotions that are roaring about her like a hurricane). she slaps on a pair of oven mitts and pulls the cookies out of the oven. 

and they're perfect.

"look," she says, "even after all this time, we still know how to make our famous internet recipe cookies."

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
volatile [hh]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 16:58:29 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

Everything feels perfect and surreal. Her hips sway to the music, her lips press softly against Freya's smooth skin. She's surrounded by familiarity and security and..[break][break]

That humble moment of safety is broken momentarily by the timer buzzing. It's vibration on the counter is immediately distracting, and she finds herself a little saddened by Freya's departure.[break][break]

Although less so, as Freya's face nuzzles into her neck. Emma takes in a deep breath as she moves to join her at the oven. The warm smell of sugar and chocolate is a slam to the senses, but she can't help but smile in response to Freya's grin and how proud she sounds.[break][break]

"You doubted us? Freya, please. We're master bakers."[break][break]

With one finger, she touches a melted, ooey-gooey chocolate chip and brings it to her lips, a smile still settled on her face.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES