Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 10:18:12 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
This kind of mission was definitely not made for her. Mireille was, in general, not too good with people. That was why she often used lines from cheesy novels in lieu of genuine conversation. She also wasn’t all that good when dealing with deceptive people, much preferring be in conflict with direct threats, wild animals being the best. That allowed her to play to her strengths. ‘Sussing’ out Dittos, as young people today would call it – and she felt that she was old-fashioned enough in mind to use that phrase – was something felt only borderline confident in.

Fortunately though, she was apparently not going to be the only one dispatched for this one. Naturally, she hoped that she would be joined by someone she knew. But she would take anyone who was better at this than she was. Helping out with guidance, that would be her preferred role in this.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
pull me baby, i'm your trigger
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 5:15:56 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2top"]
[attr="class","callie2"] fate was a funny thing. when callie signed up for work that day, she hadn't expected to detective work - it was certainly different than the type of work she was used to - and even less did she expect to see someone she recognized. though, it wasn't an unwelcome sight.

[break][break] "wynter?" she says, waving as she walked towards her.

[break][break] she smiles. "i didn't think i'd see you here today. are you on assignment too?"

[break][break] a bark beside her notes skoll's presence too. the lycanroc wags her tail beside her trainer.

[attr="class","ooc"] + mission: double ditto (ee)

[newclass=".callie2"]--accent:#708CD4; } .callie2 { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .callie2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .callie2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .callie2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .callie2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .callie2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .callie2 img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".callie2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#708CD4;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 18:10:22 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Huh? Someone knew her name in this region? She turned to see who that might be, though the voice already sounded familiar. There were only very few people here who even knew her name to begin with. Her brother was a lot more famous in the region, but she doubted that the family resemblance was strong enough for anyone to make that connection when they did not stand next to one another.

Hence, it had to be one of those she met recently. Fortunately, getting a face to combine with the voice made it easy to remember. Especially when it was a pretty one. Though, admittedly, this woman was more of a fellow knight, not a princess. “Ah, Miss Moon,” she started sighing in relief inwardly. Someone she already knew, that meant less awkwardness. Probably. “I am here to identify Dittoes, yes. Though I did not know that kind of work fell into your purview as well.” Callie seemed more like the kind of person to patrol streets and hunt down any crimes she came across, less a detective working an established case.
close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 18:26:42 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2"] "it doesn't." she grins. "but we can find out together."

[break][break] even if callie had known (because milky is assuming) the officer would have probably preferred his prettier, blonder sibling. after all, had already been proven to be competent, if their last meeting was any indication.

[break][break] she does cringe a little at the formalties. it would be one thing if she'd been called sergeant, because that was something that she was used to. but this wasn't kanto, and she doubted that the other was in the military.

[break][break] not even astra went by miss moon, and that was her mother.

[break][break] "you can call me callie," she said, with a wave of her hand. the officer takes a glance out at the crowd around them, almost as if to sus out any suspecting individuals. "you see anything?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".callie2"]--accent:#708CD4; } .callie2 { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .callie2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .callie2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .callie2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .callie2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .callie2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .callie2 img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".callie2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#708CD4;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 19:33:47 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Oh no. First name basis offered. That was….both nice but also scary. There was a faint blush on her face, but she tried to tone it down. Letting that show would probably be even worse, after all. As far as she knew, the other was a professional that might be irked by such things. Best play it neutrally, then. “Oh, um, sure, Callie,” she stammered together. “You can call me Mirri then. That is what my friends and family do.” All twenty or so people in total, even. Mireille did not exactly spread herself thin in those regards, at all.

However, the other’s more goal oriented question quickly pulled her into working mode again. “I fear the issue is with the sea of things in front of us,” she recited a line from a book that seemed fitting to help with her otherwise just fumbling with words. “Do you have any experience with Dittos? I have seen one or two in my life, but I never focused much on their transformed forms, sadly.”
close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 0:32:04 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2"] "mirri, huh?"

[break][break] callie considers it, mulling over the name in her head, before grinning. "mirri it is."

[break][break] first-name basis was usually her preference, unless she was talking to a superior. and even then, that sort of thing could be mended, as was the case of people like or .

[break][break] "unfortunately not," callie sighs. there were a few cases back in kanto when rockets would use zorua pokemon to try and infiltrate the base — always cases that were a pain in the ass to deal with. "some say that they can't transform as perfectly, though that might be a select few. at the very least, i doubt they can speak."

[break][break] now wouldn't that be hilarious? a pokemon that could talk?

[break][break] she tosses a pokeball into the air, releasing her fletchinder. "gunner, go scout the area — come back if you see anything suspicious."

[break][break] as the bird flew off, callie glances back at the other. "so, how are you liking your new job?"

[break][break] she smirked; as if callie didn't already know how mirri's job was going. she had been a part of her recruitment, after all.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 20:54:17 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
It always felt weird for a new person to call her by that nickname. Yes, it was the most common one for others to use, that was true. But it was still infrequent enough to be odd and kind of special each time. Fortunately though, she was sufficiently used to that to not break out in awkward blushes.

Just this time. “I heard something like that, too. The eyes, the eyes, they are supposed to be the windows of the soul, so they have trouble replicating those.” That was a bit flowery, so naturally it came partially from a book. But it was also the information she had gathered from some cursory research beforehand.
And since her partner sent out an aerial scout, she had her Corviknight join in so the two of them could cover more ground from above. “It is going well so far. It is quite similar to being a roaming knight, just more…structured, in a way. And more paperwork. A lot more paperwork.” Which she decidedly did not like, causing her to sigh slightly. Sure, it was more proper this way. But she still did not like it.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 4:07:25 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2"] "windows to the soul?" she says, smile tucked into the corner of her mouth. "that's pretty poetic. are you a romantic, mirri?" it's a teasing jest.

[break][break] though, to be honest, it was a bit surprising that someone as normally stoic and serious as would entertain a romantic thought such as that.

[break][break] as the two pokemon take to the sky, callie decides that they should start the search on the ground. she leads the other's through the crowd, towards the boardwalk area where there are undoubtedly more people to view. perhaps one of the dopplegangers would reveal their true forms if they just kept at it.

[break][break] she laughs. "yes, paperwork definitely isn't my favorite of our tasks, but unfortunately necessary." fortunately for her, she could sometimes be a little lax and would take care of the rest.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 21:54:06 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“I have been told so, at least,” she replied, a bit awkwardly. Usually, the word was preceded by ‘hopelessly’, but she was well aware of it. When you structured your life at least in part after romance novels, that was just something you lived with, really. Plus, in her opinion, being a romantic was not a bad thing at all. Those without romance in their lives were missing out, after all.

Though….admittedly….she still had not actually experiences romance a lot. Mirri was just well-read, really. But at least she knew a thing or two about her job. Following the other casually, she did scan every face they came across to see if there were any obscurities. “Necessities, certainly. But I sometimes feel I could be more efficient without, you know? A lot of the time it is just all routine. Reports should just be for things worth reporting, in my opinion.”

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 2:05:04 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2"] callie had been teasing — she hadn't expected such a pragmatic answer. then again, perhaps she should have, considering the way that was.

[break][break] the officer herself was not the romantic sort. she'd never seen the use in it, then again she tended to get inpatient when anything took too long. she much rathered the thrill of a real-life adventure than a fabricated one.

[break][break] "is that how things are back in galar?" she questions, thinking back to how the other mentioned that she had been a knight. she wondered if things were more efficient in another region. for her part, kanto had definitely seemed to be less paperwork. but that was likely because hoenn was simply full of more of the mundane.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 21:58:54 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“In part,” she started to reply, thinking about home while the Pokemon were scouting and they were surveilling. It was surprisingly rare, really, to be asked something like this. Alola, Kalos, even Kanto were exotic places to the Hoennians, but most seemed to be treating Galar with a kind of knowing ignorance, as if they already knew most they needed to know about the place to begin with and did not need to do further research on the matter. There wasn’t quite the curiosity about the place, in her own admittedly limited experience.

“We do have a police force that functions similarly to here in many ways. But there is also a long-standing tradition of knighthood, especially among the noble houses. Patrick of Strudwick put it like this ‘Chivalry is an expression of feudal duties. Those who ruled are obliged to protect those they ruled’. And I guess a lot of that just survived to the present day. My family still lives off of the fruits of our forefathers, so we keep the tradition of service alive, too.”

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 15:15:48 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2"] knighthood, huh.

[break][break] it's an interesting concept, but not one that callie is particularly interested in. unlike other young girls, she never had been interested in the fanatical — in fact, with the upbringing of astra, things had been nearly the opposite.

[break][break] but she enjoyed hearing the explanation of the other, if for nothing other than the fact she can hear the fondness in her tone as she speaks of it. callie doesn't think she would've ever wanted to be a knight — too stuffy, too full of imaginary ideals. the reason she had signed up for the war in the first place had been personal but now she couldn't imagine a life not tied to subduing criminals. whether they be rocket or not.

[break][break] "oh look - " she says, as their pokemon flies back. her fletchinder lands on the arm that callie has out-stretched, chattering in her ear, as callie nods. "sounds like we have a lead. ready?"

[break][break] the officer glances at the other, just as her fire-type takes to the sky again to lead them towards their destination.

[break][break] two baristas are arguing with each other in a cafe not too far off.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 18:10:09 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
It kind of felt like a bonding moment, despite the other’s lack of a response. Or maybe more so because of it. Sometimes, that silence spoke more than words. Especially when she could see in someone’s face that they understood. There wasn’t a rolling of eyes or other irritation, but rather a benevolent calm. One that she could enjoy. Mirri was not the greatest talker. She just liked being around people quietly, too. A day could be spent just reading books alongside another in her youth and it would be the most amazing experience to her, really.

This moment though was cut short. Regrettable, maybe but wholly understandable. They were on a mission, not on a date. Not that she would ever presume to just be on a date, of course! Mirri inwardly harrumphed, then nodded. “Born ready. Lead the way, um…Callie.” It was still weird to call this one by her first name so brazenly, but it was preferred. So, she simply adjusted. It was not too difficult, so she would please. Simple as that. Her own Pokemon returned with a brief whistle, ready to follow wherever that Fletchinder had found a lead on their target.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 5:48:54 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","callie2"] as they near, the arguing seems to only grow louder.

[break][break] "i didn't do it!"

[break][break] "he's the one who did it!"

[break][break] "why do you think i'd mess this up on purpose — you have to listen to me!"

[break][break] one of the boys are arguing, face cherry-picked red with anger, while the other stares at him, unflinching and unbending. however, despite the similarities in appearance - nearly identical - from an outsider view, it was clear to see that one was different from the other. while one of the boys seemed really heated, the other seemed to be parroting responses — not unlike that of a chatot.

[break][break] "what's going on here?" callie said, clearing her throat.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
Ditt-o.o
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 13:49:48 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Fortunately, it was not too difficult to discern the fake. On one hand, it probably seemed presumptuous for her of all people to simply assume that she could tell them apart. But on the other hand, she was quite an expert on awkwardness. And this boy did not seem awkward at all. Too calm, too…vapid, in a way to truly express what he was trying to say. No, this one most certainly was not the same as she.

Hence, Mirri’s eyes immediately narrowed on the parroting boy, keeping her own Pokemon at the ready to attack, if necessary. However, since her partner had already taken the most active role in approaching those boys, Mireille would let her handle the talking. It was never good to undermine someone else’s authority right away, especially when they so loudly called for information.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights